or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › A 2 years old macbook pro logic board failure without any reason?

A 2 years old macbook pro logic board failure without any reason?

post #1 of 2
Hi, I am desperate because my instrument of work (macbook pro 15 late 2008) has died. The issue was that I bought the new MagSafe and I began to charge the macbook pro for some hours before turning it on. To my surprise it did not turn on the screen, just the logic board. I took it quickly to the closest Ishop. The genius bar told me that the problem was the battery, and that I could use the macbook without a battery while I bought a new battery. That is what I did. To my surprise the laptop shuts down completely. This happened intermittently because sometimes it turned on. I went back to take it to the genius bar. He told me that the logic board does not work. He said that both the logic board and the battery are directly related to voltage or current that is supplied to the computer. My macbook did not have any problem before buying this charger and it damage the battery first and then the logic board! This does not make sense for me. He suggested me to call apple for a customer satisfaction code and I called them. It took me almost an hour talking to them just to hear that the genius bar should do different hardware tests. I cannot communicate easily in English and my knowledge in these topics is poor. But I truly believe that this is a problem with the magsafe battery charger. Help please! What should I do?
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6516 View Post

Hi, I am desperate because my instrument of work (macbook pro 15 late 2008) has died. The issue was that I bought the new MagSafe and I began to charge the macbook pro for some hours before turning it on. To my surprise it did not turn on the screen, just the logic board. I took it quickly to the closest Ishop. The genius bar told me that the problem was the battery, and that I could use the macbook without a battery while I bought a new battery. That is what I did. To my surprise the laptop shuts down completely. This happened intermittently because sometimes it turned on. I went back to take it to the genius bar. He told me that the logic board does not work. He said that both the logic board and the battery are directly related to voltage or current that is supplied to the computer. My macbook did not have any problem before buying this charger and it damage the battery first and then the logic board! This does not make sense for me. He suggested me to call apple for a customer satisfaction code and I called them. It took me almost an hour talking to them just to hear that the genius bar should do different hardware tests. I cannot communicate easily in English and my knowledge in these topics is poor. But I truly believe that this is a problem with the magsafe battery charger. Help please! What should I do?

Call Singapore the # is 1-800-1441-0234 they have excellent customer service and will help you.Good Luck Marv
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › A 2 years old macbook pro logic board failure without any reason?