or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Chinese carrier says Apple's iPhone 5 will support high-speed HSPA+

Chinese carrier says Apple's iPhone 5 will support high-speed HSPA+ - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

So, will Apple market 2 different iPhones?

3G-CDMA: Sprint, Verizon, 3 mbs
4G-HSPA+: AT&T, 21 mbs

Hard to justify a switch to Sprint even if they offer unlimited....slower and no data/voice multitasking.

No I think this is what the 1 stands for on the phone icon of the Oct 4th invite. 1 phone to rule them all... CDMA, HSPA+ and possibly some tweak for China Mobile. But definitely CDMA and GSM-HSPA+ ... Which is all 3G technology FFS! Only Wimax, LTE and so on should be called 4G. Marketeers and anyone can believe in whatever they want, if you get 10mbps on your iPhone5 good for you. Who here gets anything more than 2mbps downlink consistently on their iPhone4 anyways? A minority around the world, I'm assuming... And certainly only in certain parts of the US.
post #82 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowabs View Post

ok ok ok.........
Is the iP5 (bigger screen, sp-to-txt, etc) going to be announced on the 4th, or not???..........your thoughts??? thx

It will be announced or there will be protests in the San Francisco bay area. People will come from all over the world to have a sit-in in front of Apple's HQ in Cupertino.

Signs will bear the words "Make iPhones Not War".
post #83 of 83
What I want to know is if this new iPhone supports HSPA+, will it say "4G" at the top left corner next to the carrier name, or will it still say "3G"? That's my indication of wheter HSPA+ is truly 4G
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Chinese carrier says Apple's iPhone 5 will support high-speed HSPA+