or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › MobileMe experiencing outages ahead of iCloud transition

MobileMe experiencing outages ahead of iCloud transition - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

All is working again at least for me. That was a long outage: 13 hours. They had enough time to unplug MobileMe servers in California and ship them to North Carolina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Still not working for me in CA. Is that the theory then, that this is about data centers, and not Me vs. iCloud? Or is there some real information?

If this was in any way a planned outage or maintenance then this is another huge fail on the part of Apple's communciations team to not alert users ahead of time. Hm, maybe they didn't hit the send button on the alert email until after the system was taken down. Oops!
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

If this was in any way a planned outage or maintenance then this is another huge fail on the part of Apple's communciations team to not alert users ahead of time. Hm, maybe they didn't hit the send button on the alert email until after the system was taken down. Oops!

Maybe they did but their email wasn't working.

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, ATI X1600, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7
1TB Time Capsule

Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad (2nd gen), 14G Ram, Two DVD-RW Drives, OS X 10.9
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, ATI X1600, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.7
1TB Time Capsule

post #43 of 46
Mine is playing up now too. Emails I have already read are having their read-status changed back to unread.
post #44 of 46
I'm disappointed that there was no notice provided. with issues affecting such a large percentage of users, a heads up would have been appreciated.
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKct View Post

I'm disappointed that there was no notice provided. with issues affecting such a large percentage of users, a heads up would have been appreciated.

The head's up was in June when they said MobileMe is being replaced.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #46 of 46
It's going to be interesting to see if Apple have learned enough lessons to be able to handle the transition without damaging customers' data.

Data processing is an Apple blind spot.

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Many of the most important software concepts were invented in the 70s and forgotten in the 80s.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › MobileMe experiencing outages ahead of iCloud transition