or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Court accepts Verizon, T-Mobile briefs in Apple suit against Samsung
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Court accepts Verizon, T-Mobile briefs in Apple suit against Samsung

post #1 of 55
Thread Starter 
A U.S. District Court on Friday accepted into Apple's patent lawsuit against Samsung "friend of the court" briefs from Verizon and T-Mobile that claim a preliminary injunction of the defendant's devices is counter to public interest.

Both wireless operators recently filed requests with the U.S. District Court for the Northern California District to submit a brief on behalf of Samsung, Florian Mueller of FOSS Patents reports. Judge Lucy Koh accept both amicus curiae briefs on Friday and ruled that any rebuttal argument from Apple would be "duplicative and unnecessary at this time."

Koh did, however, side with Apple in denying T-Mobile's request to participate in a hearing on the preliminary injunction motion on Oct. 13. The iPhone maker had argued that the agenda for the hearing was already full.

The decision by Verizon and T-Mobile to get involved in the legal dispute between Apple and Samsung could put the carriers at odds with Apple. Verizon's relationship with Apple is relatively new, since the company did not begin offering the iPhone until February of this year.

T-Mobile has voiced interest in carrying the iPhone, but has said that "the ball is in Apple's court." However, the carrier's defense of Samsung is unlikely to help it bring the iPhone to its network.

Koh has also ruled that Apple can file an extended reply to Samsung's opposition after the South Korean electronics company had opposed the request. According to Mueller, Koh has taken "a rather permissive approach" to motions related to the case.

Apple is requesting a block on sales of Samsung's new Infuse 4G, Galaxy S 4G and Droid Charge smartphones, as well as the Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. Verizon claimed in its brief that an injunction on 4G phones could impede the rollout of its Long-Term Evolution network, potentially affecting public safety. If such an injunction were to be approved, it would come as a heavy blow to Samsung. The company already faces an injunction on its Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Germany.

An Australian judge is also expected to rule on an injunction request sometime next week. After agreeing to delay the device's launch until after the judge's decision, Samsung has offered a deal that an Apple attorney has conceded has "some potential benefit," though the terms of the proposal were not disclosed to the public.

Apple's legal team has revealed that Apple co-founder Steve Jobs personally contacted Samsung last year in order to resolve a complaint that its rival was copying its designs for the iPhone and iPad. "Samsung is an important supplier with whom we have a deep relationship," Apple attorney Richard Lutton reportedly said in court this week. "We wanted to give them a chance to do the right thing."

But, talks eventually broke down and Apple filed suit against Samsung in April. Samsung has since responded with its own legal action.
post #2 of 55
So... carriers complain for not having the iPhone on their network, then they side with someone who is against apple... Would you guys make up your minds?

Although having Samsung's products for sale, I don't see that as a stronger business than having the iPhone...

Wrong move on their part imho.
post #3 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorleandro View Post

So... carriers complain for not having the iPhone on their network, then they side with someone who is against apple... Would you guys make up your minds?

$$-They're like the mafia- they want it awl.
post #4 of 55
Apple is in a position where money is no object so they might as well fight for the injunction. If they lose then it would be the same as if they did nothing. If they win then Samsung and Verizon, and perhaps T-Mobile, will all be kneeling at Apple's door begging forgiveness and plying Apple with treasures.

Interesting...
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #5 of 55
What exactly is Verizon insinuating when they claim "public safety" is at stake if a Samsung can't sell a bunch if new phones?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #6 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorleandro View Post

So... carriers complain for not having the iPhone on their network, then they side with someone who is against apple... Would you guys make up your minds?

Although having Samsung's products for sale, I don't see that as a stronger business than having the iPhone...

Wrong move on their part imho.

Samsung isn't against Apple. Apple is against Samsung (reasonably sometimes, unreasonably others)

Apple isn't going to leave Verizon. And Apple will go to T-Mobile if they deem it good for their business.

These briefs wont change that.

These are multi billion dollar companies. Not schoolgirls.
post #7 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Samsung isn't against Apple. Apple is against Samsung (reasonably sometimes, unreasonably others)

Apple isn't going to leave Verizon. And Apple will go to T-Mobile if they deem it good for their business.

These briefs wont change that.

These are multi billion dollar companies. Not schoolgirls.

Wow...finally someone making sense!

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #8 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorleandro View Post

So... carriers complain for not having the iPhone on their network, then they side with someone who is against apple... Would you guys make up your minds?

Although having Samsung's products for sale, I don't see that as a stronger business than having the iPhone...

Wrong move on their part imho.

From the carrier perspective, they don't make any more money off of an iPhone customer than a high end android customer. Apple gets the profits. Losing higher end Android phones could be a big financial hit for them. They'd be doing the same thing if the tables were turned on Apple. Its in their best interest.
post #9 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

These are multi billion dollar companies. Not schoolgirls.

Gosh dang it, I was hoping for hair pulling and teasing until one develops an eating disorder.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #10 of 55
: Market share grab is what it is all about.
: There is no future, no future to care about justice aand fairness.
: Imagine IF it was Apple copying this shamefully, Korean authorities would have kicked Apple ass for good.
: In the USA money IS all that matters.
post #11 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

: Market share grab is what it is all about.
: There is no future, no future to care about justice aand fairness.
: Imagine IF it was Apple copying this shamefully, Korean authorities would have kicked Apple ass for good.
: In the USA money IS all that matters.

What does this mean?

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #12 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

: Market share grab is what it is all about.
: There is no future, no future to care about justice aand fairness.
: Imagine IF it was Apple copying this shamefully, Korean authorities would have kicked Apple ass for good.
: In the USA money IS all that matters.

What the hell just happened?
post #13 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

What the hell just happened?

Okay, I think I got it. The colons show a correlation to the emoticons.

So wink, meaing satire, meaning market share ISN'T what it's all about

He's happy that there is no future for justice and fairness

He's stoned on the idea that there's national favoritism going on

Aaand he's okay that in the U.S., money is all that matters.

Got it. Okay.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #14 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

What exactly is Verizon insinuating when they claim "public safety" is at stake if a Samsung can't sell a bunch if new phones?

Firefighters, police and paramedics all with 4G cell phones pressed to their ears, downloading Android medical apps that are trojans (to provide "protection") -- or googling "how to" because their training budgets were cut as part of poorly planned government downsizing...


Actually, many ambulances do used cellular uplinks (gear in the ambulance) but nobody's been rushing to the speaker podium claiming those were too slow today.

Verizon: "Wait, let me grab something out of my ass..... There: public safety"
post #15 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

These are multi billion dollar companies. Not schoolgirls.

Wow that's naive! You also believe governments work for the betterment of the people, democracy means the people rule, etc?

No siree, companies, moreso when loaded with cash like Samsung and Apple, act a lot like spoiled schoolgirls.

And now something really important: Uranus in Aries squaring Pluto => war in technology is building up and will stick around for *at least* a year, maybe more. It's going / getting to be ugly! And it's from now on that we're gonna see more of the ugly action.

Verizon should be more careful regarding who they befriend / side with
post #16 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Okay, I think I got it. The colons show a correlation to the emoticons.

So wink, meaing satire, meaning market share ISN'T what it's all about

He's happy that there is no future for justice and fairness

He's stoned on the idea that there's national favoritism going on

Aaand he's okay that in the U.S., money is all that matters.

Got it. Okay.

You could make a living as a wtf translator. Suggestion. Lol
post #17 of 55
Wanted to delete my post, don't know how, this is the best I came up with.
post #18 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Not schoolgirls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Gosh dang it, I was hoping for hair pulling and teasing until one develops an eating disorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

You could make a living as a wtf translator. Suggestion. Lol

Yes, he could.
post #19 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorPaul View Post

Firefighters, police and paramedics all with 4G cell phones pressed to their ears, downloading Android medical apps that are trojans (to provide "protection") -- or googling "how to" because their training budgets were cut as part of poorly planned government downsizing...


Actually, many ambulances do used cellular uplinks (gear in the ambulance) but nobody's been rushing to the speaker podium claiming those were too slow today.

Verizon: "Wait, let me grab something out of my ass..... There: public safety"

The Trojans on Android thing is blown out of proportion. Yes they exist but like most pc viruses they are easily avoided by not being an idiot.

As someone once asked me. What would you prefer, peace or freedom*?

(*more free not fully free)

That's the way I personally see it. And the safe little walled garden of iOS may offer much protection from teh big bad interwebz but I'm fine with not installing suspicious random apps from random sites and not installing an app before I read both the reviews and permissions.
post #20 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by XamaX View Post

Wow that's naive! You also believe governments work for the betterment of the people, democracy means the people rule, etc?

No siree, companies, moreso when loaded with cash like Samsung and Apple, act a lot like spoiled schoolgirls.

And now something really important: Uranus in Aries squaring Pluto => war in technology is building up and will stick around for *at least* a year, maybe more. It's going / getting to be ugly! And it's from now on that we're gonna see more of the ugly action.

Verizon should be more careful regarding who they befriend / side with

No, I just believe the Apple fan sites are blowing this out of proportion and ironically making Apple out to be petty and childish. I ironically think more highly of Apple.
post #21 of 55
if you think Apple does not have a case:
http://www.reddit.com/tb/kr14a
post #22 of 55
Verizon and T-Mobile jumping into this would be as odd as Apple weighing in against AT&T's buyout of T-Mobile.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

No, I just believe the Apple fan sites are blowing this out of proportion and ironically making Apple out to be petty and childish. I ironically think more highly of Apple.

You should think more highly of Apple since they are the having their IP blatantly stolen from Samsung, not the other way around.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #23 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant View Post

if you think Apple does not have a case:
http://www.reddit.com/tb/kr14a

you're a bit late...

no one thinks Apple doesn't have a case...no one.

But that's besides the point.

1) the store display is Samsung, the wall in the BG belongs to a Euronics in Italy.

2) the plugs...eh...obvious direct inspire from Apple...but it's still a plug...I wouldn't mind them being forced to alter the design, but I don't see why it matters for that.

3) Don't agree on the boxes. Apple inspired the industry to make simple boxes with the iPhone...it's a norm across brands (That I've seen at least)

4) Apple doesn't have a patent on 30 pin connectors...but definitely inspired by Apple...(I'd say copied but that's not the right word here as Samsung hasn't directly copied Apple...more so took wayyyy too much inspiration from them)

5) These apps aren't that similar...a bit of a stretch.

6).....


(I'd say copied instead of inspired but that's not the right word here as Samsung hasn't directly copied Apple...more so took wayyyy too much inspiration from them)
post #24 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

I'm fine with not installing suspicious random apps from random sites and not installing an app before I read both the reviews and permissions.

Even if the reviews and permissions are complete and accurate, can you trust others to do the same?

Just as you might be the safest driver in the world, you are still at the mercy of bad drivers.

This is a matter of public safety.
post #25 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Verizon and T-Mobile jumping into this would be as odd as Apple weighing in against AT&T's buyout of T-Mobile.




You should think more highly of Apple since they are the having their IP blatantly stolen from Samsung, not the other way around.

could you stop with the talking points.

for starters only ONE piece of "IP" has held up in the Samsung/Apple case...the gallery bounce back...that's it.

The only other big thing they're dealing with now is the fact that the Galaxy Tab somewhat resembles a drawing representing a piece of tech Apple never has and most likely never will create*

*main reason I seem to be defending Samsung more than I wish to (they are trying to resemble Apple products, don't get me wrong) is because this sets a negative precedent for the tech community as a whole...all you have to do is register a bunch of drawings...come up with something COMPLETELY different...and no one can make anything that looks like the drawings? WOW.

I can't stand for that. I don't believe anyone can.
post #26 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Even if the reviews and permissions are complete and accurate, can you trust others to do the same?

Just as you might be the safest driver in the world, you are still at the mercy of bad drivers.

This is a matter of public safety.

lol, not the same...

Idiot A from Arkansas and Idiot B from Cali do not hurt me if they can't install apps intelligently and properly...without having their hands held.

If Idiot A and B are driving recklessly they are a danger to me, and many others who happen to not be idiots.
post #27 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

could you stop with the talking points.

for starters only ONE piece of "IP" has held up in the Samsung/Apple case...the gallery bounce back...that's it.

The only other big thing they're dealing with now is the fact that the Galaxy Tab somewhat resembles a drawing representing a piece of tech Apple never has and most likely never will create*

*main reason I seem to be defending Samsung more than I wish to (they are trying to resemble Apple products, don't get me wrong) is because this sets a negative precedent for the tech community as a whole...all you have to do is register a bunch of drawings...come up with something COMPLETELY different...and no one can make anything that looks like the drawings? WOW.

I can't stand for that. I don't believe anyone can.

1) You're seriously asking for me to stop with "topics that invite discussion or argument"?

2) You're defending Samsung because you want to. Your choice! No one is forcing you to defending this wittle guy in the face of the big, bad, evil Apple.

3) This is why I consider you a troll and not simply a poster a disagree with. You've repeatedly dismissed the comparative images of selling Samsung products and then claimed such hyperbolic things as "Apple is trying to stop everyone with rectangles with rounded corners" and "this is all about trying to stop anything that looks like their drawings." The only others being called out for blatantly copying Apple are the Chinese clones, not the RiM PlayBook, not the Kindle Fire, not WP7. et al.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #28 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

What the hell just happened?

: A pattern you apparently fail to notice.
And the decline of USA economy, tied to rabid money making.
post #29 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What does this mean?

: Read again, perhaps you can catch it.
post #30 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Business Students Life View Post

I posted elsewhere

Bill Handel in LA has Millions of listeners

Asked Samasung multiple times to pick up the defective Samsung washer and dryer - every time - call the 800 number - they ignored that he said he already did

Show #1 - tells the Samsung/Korean "ignore" story

Show #2 - tells it again (after calling samsung personally - no reply)

Then - after show 2 - VP USA Samsung calls Bill - says we will refund you 100%

Bottom line - Korean mentality is obsinant - they ignore the obvious - abusive - I think they are at the point of Bill Handels 2nd show being completed - MILLIONS OF LISTENERS NEVER BUYING THEIR CRUMMY DEFECTIVE WASHERS AND DRYERS AGAIN

Samsung made the offer to Apple - SAMSUNG USA/AMERICAN has penentrated their thick Korean mentality - Samsung knows they have to agree or they lose 10 BILLION of Apple businesss - they will give apple huge royalty and agree to change the style of their pad/phone - I expect early next week -

Wow I thank you for this insight, brilliant! Thank you, indeed!!!
post #31 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

No, I just believe the Apple fan sites are blowing this out of proportion and ironically making Apple out to be petty and childish. I ironically think more highly of Apple.

Apple isn't being as petty as some folks think. Many don't realize that trademarks/trade dress require that you actively defend them. If Apple had not filed their suit someone later could use their lack of response to defend a more blatant offense, and win.

And even they are just being petty, so is everyone else.

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #32 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) You're seriously asking for me to stop with "topics that invite discussion or argument"?

2) You're defending Samsung because you want to. Your choice! No one is forcing you to defending this wittle guy in the face of the big, bad, evil Apple.

3) This is why I consider you a troll and not simply a poster a disagree with. You've repeatedly dismissed the comparative images of selling Samsung products and then claimed such hyperbolic things as "Apple is trying to stop everyone with rectangles with rounded corners" and "this is all about trying to stop anything that looks like their drawings." The only others being called out for blatantly copying Apple are the Chinese clones, not the RiM PlayBook, not the Kindle Fire, not WP7. et al.

And he's trying to take over this forum by constantly posting his manipulative opinions.

He is a forum ter_ror_ist.

To AbsoluteDesignz: Man, you are free to be a Droid fanboy and I understand your superficial mentality that really is adequate for Droid crap. But you're anoying and conflicting with the deeper more sophisticated Apple fanboy mentality.

I like to pay more for classier, more sophisticated BETTER tools cos it resonates with my deeper essence. I'm free to do so as you're free to buy your crapdroid stuff. But I don't go to droid forums to engage in guerrilla tactics to annoy the people there disguised as a genuine poster with valid arguments.

Your actions here, your attitude and your argumentation are absolutely representative of what's going on between Apple and that other company!

That also superficial REALLY ARROGANT organization being sued by Apple also think it can invade and conquer and get away with stealing ideas and IP from Apple that SPENT GAZILLIONS IN R&D AND YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT. Not so! Go do your R&D, invest years and gazzillions of your own and THEN COME TO MARKET WITH VALID COMPETITIVE PRODUCTS. That is competition, not stealing.

Not even in China the copiers are getting away with it. And in China they sell cheaper lower quality products, everybody knows what they're buying.

And this company thinks they can war their best client in court by defending they are right in copying their client's products they manufacture hence they have priviledged access to?!

Apple is doing right by suing their Ss out of the market! Same_sing is stealing a fortune from Apple, a fortune Apple already spent and the iPads people aren't buying by being deceived into buying same_sing stuff that is marketed and sold as same_thing!

They are pirates and don't even do a good job at it - maybe that's why you sympathize with them and come here with your guerrilla tactics.

Well surprise surprise, stay tuned. You'll soon find out what happens to pirates.

And stop trolling (here, if you can't help it)
post #33 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Business Students Life View Post

I posted elsewhere

Bill Handel in LA has Millions of listeners

Asked Samasung multiple times to pick up the defective Samsung washer and dryer - every time - call the 800 number - they ignored that he said he already did

Show #1 - tells the Samsung/Korean "ignore" story

Show #2 - tells it again (after calling samsung personally - no reply)

Then - after show 2 - VP USA Samsung calls Bill - says we will refund you 100%

Bottom line - Korean mentality is obsinant - they ignore the obvious - abusive - I think they are at the point of Bill Handels 2nd show being completed - MILLIONS OF LISTENERS NEVER BUYING THEIR CRUMMY DEFECTIVE WASHERS AND DRYERS AGAIN

Samsung made the offer to Apple - SAMSUNG USA/AMERICAN has penentrated their thick Korean mentality - Samsung knows they have to agree or they lose 10 BILLION of Apple businesss - they will give apple huge royalty and agree to change the style of their pad/phone - I expect early next week -

Oh joy.... more racist anecdotal trash. I'm really serious here. I've had to warranty stuff before. Not everything with bad warranty service is designed and/or manufactured in Korea, China, or Taiwan. You've stated that you don't like Samsung and extrapolated that to generate stereotypes for an entire nation. Really if you're going to comment on the culture of an entire nation, at least reference more than a single example from a single company.


Quote:
Originally Posted by igorleandro View Post

So... carriers complain for not having the iPhone on their network, then they side with someone who is against apple... Would you guys make up your minds?

Although having Samsung's products for sale, I don't see that as a stronger business than having the iPhone...

Wrong move on their part imho.

I think you don't get it. T-mobile doesn't have the iphone on their network today, and Verizon draws a huge amount of business from Samsung. Both of them could suffer huge losses from losing Samsung devices. Every time someone opposes Apple in any way we get followup posts that Apple should pull the iphone from whatever network or simply not supply it in the future. In the end it wouldn't benefit anyone including Apple. It would cost Apple potential sales, and eliminate an easy upgrade path for their customers.
post #34 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

What exactly is Verizon insinuating when they claim "public safety" is at stake if a Samsung can't sell a bunch if new phones?

They are insinuating that only having phones from other manufacturers is putting the public in danger.

There should be an enquiry and a class action over their (and T-mobile's) selling of sub-standard phones i.e. ONLY Samsung phone's can serve the purpose.

Should be a piece of cake, they've both come out and admitted it in a court of law.

Then there's the issue of the bodies responsible for "public safety", are they government run?

Has a fair tender system been used when determining that phones from other manufacturers are too risky to use.

Those idiot telco's should be slammed for butting in to matters which don't concern them.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #35 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Apple isn't being as petty as some folks think. Many don't realize that trademarks/trade dress require that you actively defend them. If Apple had not filed their suit someone later could use their lack of response to defend a more blatant offense, and win.

And even they are just being petty, so is everyone else.

To fight for the Light and Truth will NEVER be petty! That's the correct definition for Glory!

Apple was passive, maybe, in the times of MS copying the Mac OS and when they cane out with Win95 Jobs was away at NeXT and Pixar. So Apple lost big time for the pirates and almost went down. It was only fair that Bill Gates committed those $150M and promised to keep Office development going in Mac OS - Bill Gates showed his character and he actually owed Apple a lot of money from the pirating. But then, as he expressed, MS had only to gain from a living Apple, with all its creative juice. So things turned out alright and here we are. And the world has changed because of that.
post #36 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) You're seriously asking for me to stop with "topics that invite discussion or argument"?

2) You're defending Samsung because you want to. Your choice! No one is forcing you to defending this wittle guy in the face of the big, bad, evil Apple.

3) This is why I consider you a troll and not simply a poster a disagree with. You've repeatedly dismissed the comparative images of selling Samsung products and then claimed such hyperbolic things as "Apple is trying to stop everyone with rectangles with rounded corners" and "this is all about trying to stop anything that looks like their drawings." The only others being called out for blatantly copying Apple are the Chinese clones, not the RiM PlayBook, not the Kindle Fire, not WP7. et al.

Please don't you quote the troll I've got on ignore?

It is obviously so deluded it thinks the opinion of one judge in the Netherlands makes decisions for the judiciaries of the USA, Australia, Germany and others.

It has probably been smoking too much of the stuff they sell in the cafes of Amsterdam.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #37 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Business Students Life View Post


Samsung has taken this as far as they can - they still do have a way out by making nice with Apple .. I think there is a possibility of their settling this week and not losing it all

I honestly think the line has been crossed and there's no way Apple will want to be in the same situation again. So even if Samsung settles and this all goes away - I don't believe it although I hope it does - Apple will serenely and constantly push to get their business out of heavy hitters and competitors like Samsung and disseminate their subcontracting over many small companies.

There was a time when I speculated Apple could buy Sony out, for their technology, patents, factories (in Europe too I think), marketing channels, getting a strong foothold in Japan, etc etc etc. But I realized that kind of action may not be in the cards because Apple would get 1) huge management headache 2) corporate/cultural conflict 3) a lot of divisions and resources to sell/spin off in their hands.

Apple is better off investing in Brazil, even if through Foxcon. That's a brilliant idea because it's wise to diversify also in terms of nations and geographic regions, as was shown in the Japanese Tsunami case.

Notwithstanding, if Apple keeps this growth rate it may be forced to get into manufacturing, perhaps with a partner like Foxcon or another manufacturing specialized one. Maybe they can go propose a deal to several small companies to get into business with them by building new facilities globally well distributed with Tim Cook groomed managers in charge.

I would certainly get much of my business out of China, not concentrate it as much. There are many countries in the world where labour is cheap even just out of currency differences. I would definitely venture that out in India as I believe Nokia did. So, in conclusion, it would be smart to invest in manufacturing in the biggest markets which, "by coincidence", have got the cheapest labour AND the biggest projected growth: China, India, Brazil. Would certainly take a look at Europe, like Sony did decades ago, cause it's huge and usually products are more expensive if imported. Sony's golden era here was accomplished that way.

Hey Apple, build up a factory in Portugal, the government will gladly offer exceptional taxing conditions and even invest with you, the country is very well sourced in terms of technology skilled labour - lots of early adopters here! - and you'll get engineers who think and talk similar to Brazillians. Same language, similar mentality. Not such a bad idea
post #38 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post

Oh joy.... more racist anecdotal trash. I'm really serious here. I've had to warranty stuff before. Not everything with bad warranty service is designed and/or manufactured in Korea, China, or Taiwan. You've stated that you don't like Samsung and extrapolated that to generate stereotypes for an entire nation. Really if you're going to comment on the culture of an entire nation, at least reference more than a single example from a single company.

Or maybe he is simply stating the reality based truth?!

And you really expect people will go running after your requests to be "better" explaned to because you simply do not put the effort into understanding, and let yourself be impulsive and destructive over other people's argumentations? You expect others to put in the effort that is yours to make? Have you taken your meds today?!
post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Business Students Life View Post

So true -

Gates knew he stole Apple's OS

Was absolutely amazing - and "lucky" that Jobs took a break

There is no "break" here for Samsung or the other thieves around the world. Google cannot get away doing what Msft Did - at least Gates did the deal/investment with Apple.

Samsung / Google - no deal. Samsung - you have $9 BILLION - cave and keep your revenue or do it "the Korean way" and die

Koreans will go all out.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #40 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Apple isn't being as petty as some folks think. Many don't realize that trademarks/trade dress require that you actively defend them. If Apple had not filed their suit someone later could use their lack of response to defend a more blatant offense, and win.

And even they are just being petty, so is everyone else.

I mean those saying "and no more iPhone on Verizon, lol"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Court accepts Verizon, T-Mobile briefs in Apple suit against Samsung