or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded) - Page 7

post #241 of 597
Earlier in this thread, I have called the OWS protesters filthy people. It now seems that "filthy" is actually a factual description of the OWS camp.

Personally, I try to stay away from all protesting liberals, commies, anarchists and other pervs. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. You never know what kind of infectious diseases these ignorant people might be carrying. I saw the latest Walking Dead episode tonight. That show should hire some of the protesters and use them as zombies. It would be a real bargain, because they wouldn't even need any makeup.

I support quarantining all of the leftist protesters, as they, their unsanitary conditions, and their uncivilized behavior is becoming a real threat and safety hazard to other innocent people.

Close this pigpen!
Filth-ridden Zuccotti Park is a breeding ground for bacterial infection loaded with potential health-code violations that pose a major risk to the public, an expert who inspected the area warned.
“It’s like Walmart for rats,’’ Wayne Yon, an expert on city health regulations, said yesterday.
“There’s a lack of sanitation, a lack of controls for hot and cold water,” Yon said. He saw at least 15 violations of the city’s health code -- the type that would easily shut down a food establishment.



Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1bfRMV7F6
post #242 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Earlier in this thread, I have called the OWS protesters filthy people. It now seems that "filthy" is actually a factual description of the OWS camp.

Personally, I try to stay away from all protesting liberals, commies, anarchists and other pervs. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. You never know what kind of infectious diseases these ignorant people might be carrying. I saw the latest Walking Dead episode tonight. That show should hire some of the protesters and use them as zombies. It would be a real bargain, because they wouldn't even need any makeup.

I support quarantining all of the leftist protesters, as they, their unsanitary conditions, and their uncivilized behavior is becoming a real threat and safety hazard to other innocent people.

Close this pigpen!
Filth-ridden Zuccotti Park is a breeding ground for bacterial infection loaded with potential health-code violations that pose a major risk to the public, an expert who inspected the area warned.
“It’s like Walmart for rats,’’ Wayne Yon, an expert on city health regulations, said yesterday.
“There’s a lack of sanitation, a lack of controls for hot and cold water,” Yon said. He saw at least 15 violations of the city’s health code -- the type that would easily shut down a food establishment.



Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1bfRMV7F6

Did you know that the incidence of sexually transmitted disease is actually higher in more "conservative" areas of the country? Who are you calling filthy?

Of course you know the reason why. "Conservatives" tend not to believe in promotion of condom use. I'm guessing this is wisely somewhere you disagree with them. But your abusive monologue fails to stick.
post #243 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Did you know that the incidence of sexually transmitted disease is actually higher in more "conservative" areas of the country? Who are you calling filthy?

Of course you know the reason why. "Conservatives" tend not to believe in promotion of condom use. I'm guessing this is wisely somewhere you disagree with them. But your abusive monologue fails to stick.

So this uncited assertion hurts innocent people how again? Presuming you are right and someone acts hypocritically, aka promote sexual innocence but then go have sex without a condom and catch a disease, how does that hurt innocent people?

Unsanitary conditions related to urine, defecating and bacteria related food-borne diseases is no where near the same. Your example talks about people being hypocritical in an area of claimed self-control. Eating and bathroom aren't quite the same.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #244 of 597
Meanwhile, Wall Street Still Occupies Obama

Quote:
As usual, rhetoric...

"The protesters are giving voice to a more broad-based frustration about how our financial system works," President Obama said last week when asked at a news conference about the "Occupy Wall Street" events.

...is trumped by reality.

New figures show President Obama continues to pull in huge donations from the financial sector, with more money from Wall Street this year than all other Republican presidential candidates combined. According to the Washington Post, Obama has raised a total of $15.6 million from banks and other financial firms, with nearly $12 million of that going to the Democratic National Committee. Republican frontrunner Mitt Romney has raised less than half that much from Wall Street, around $7.5 million. A top banking executive and Obama fundraiser told the Washington Post that reports of Wall Street antagonism toward Obama "are exaggerated and overblown ... [but] it probably helps from a political perspective if he’s not seen as a Wall Street guy."

Wall Street loves Obama.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #245 of 597
This is very clear explanation here, with statistics included, of why the Occupy protesters are so angry, and why the entire nation should be up in arms... (that is, except those who have been taught so effectively to shoot themselves in the foot by supporting their enemies, who will never change).

YOU HAVE TO READ THIS, IF YOU DARE!
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #246 of 597
Occupy Amsterdam. A ‘new form of democracy’?

Quote:
On examples of emergent order: I learned that in response to troubles at night from drunks from the neighbouring red-light district, the camp had established a night-patrol. The camp has a large kitchen area, supplied by donated food and cooking materials, a media tent—the media team were working on (re)establishing wifi internet while I was there. Some of the bigger tents are equipped with generators. I didn’t stay long enough to experience the toilets, but I was assured that they exist too. Every evening there’s a general assembly at 18:30 where, as far as I can tell, decisions regarding the camp are made by reaching unanimous assent.

A new form of democracy?

Currently, the camp website describes this decision making process as ‘a new form of democracy’. But if I’ve understood correctly, this isn’t democracy at all. Democracy is the imposition of majority rule, while Occupy Amsterdam seems to refrain from imposing anything while there’s a dissenting minority. This of course means that the discussions about camp-wide decisions can last a long time. But the reward for that investment is a state of affairs in which order crystallises without coercion, with the attendant trust and sense of solidarity that this brings.

Far from democracy—which legitimises the coercion of the minority—the Occupy Amsterdam camp is, from my perspective, much more clearly an example of propertarian voluntaryism:

Property is established by homesteading, pitching your tent in an unoccupied space. There’s a clear understanding that it’s unacceptable to use the property of others—including their bodies, their tents, their clothes—without their consent, or even to threaten to do so. Against this background, people cooperate to get things done, using whatever organisational structures they see fit.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #247 of 597

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #248 of 597
Misallocation of police resources is not the fault of peaceful protesters.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #249 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Misallocation of police resources is not the fault of peaceful protesters.

I guess that rape is also not the fault of the "peaceful" protesters either.
post #250 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I guess that rape is also not the fault of the "peaceful" protesters either.

You're laughing and joking about rape? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?
post #251 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You're laughing and joking about rape? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Your rage is completely misdirected. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Point that finger and that rage at the assholes stinking up the park and causing the police to not be able to address and protect others because they want to "occupy" some place for a reason they can't even articulate.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #252 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You're laughing and joking about rape? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Nothing's wrong with me. I'm not one of those fucked up protesters wasting my time, standing out in the cold and living in a filthy park somewhere. A better question to ask would be "What the fuck is wrong with these boneheaded leftist protesters?"

OWS Pamphlet Discourages Rape Victims from Contacting Police
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...ictims-police/

They want to give rapists counseling! Don't report to police! Hahaha! And you dare ask what is wrong with me? This shit is freakin' hilarious! These people crack me up.

And then there's Biden, saying that rape and murder will rise if Obama's job bill is not passed. In that case, let the rapes and killings begin! LOL

And you're confused as to why I find liberals speaking about rape hilarious? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Police are also investigating the possible sexual assault of a 14 year old at Occupy Dallas.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/10/24/a...occupy-dallas/

All females would be well advised to keep their distance from these unsanitary gatherings of bums, commies, anarchists, sexual predators and rapist apologists.
post #253 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Nothing's wrong with me. I'm not one of those fucked up protesters wasting my time, standing out in the cold and living in a filthy park somewhere. A better question to ask would be "What the fuck is wrong with these boneheaded leftist protesters?"

The question I would think would be what the fuck is wrong with the US, Wall Street and the world that is seeing some of the largest large-scale protests in the US in decades:
http://www.alternet.org/occupywallst...ement_/?page=1

Or, you could do a Nelson and just point and say, "Ha Ha!". :roll eyes:
post #254 of 597


The best part, after over $2 trillion has gone to the defunct financial system the Fed wants to throw yet more money at the problem, the so-called "QE3"... http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79N5ZA20111024

More bullets? More like plastic toy swords. The decrepit financial system is going to get another few hundred million, maybe a trillion or so?

Doesn't this cause one to pause, and say, W.T.F.
post #255 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Earlier in this thread, I have called the OWS protesters filthy people. It now seems that "filthy" is actually a factual description of the OWS camp.

Personally, I try to stay away from all protesting liberals, commies, anarchists and other pervs. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. You never know what kind of infectious diseases these ignorant people might be carrying. I saw the latest Walking Dead episode tonight. That show should hire some of the protesters and use them as zombies. It would be a real bargain, because they wouldn't even need any makeup.

I support quarantining all of the leftist protesters, as they, their unsanitary conditions, and their uncivilized behavior is becoming a real threat and safety hazard to other innocent people.

Close this pigpen!
Filth-ridden Zuccotti Park is a breeding ground for bacterial infection loaded with potential health-code violations that pose a major risk to the public, an expert who inspected the area warned.
Its like Walmart for rats, Wayne Yon, an expert on city health regulations, said yesterday.
Theres a lack of sanitation, a lack of controls for hot and cold water, Yon said. He saw at least 15 violations of the citys health code -- the type that would easily shut down a food establishment.



Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1bfRMV7F6

You my friend are one sicko! You are a conservative most likely who only cares about himself and large corporations and banks. I read your crap from your post. You would probably rat on your own friend as I know your kind.These people have a goal in life to get rid of people like you who have no pity for others and no conscience.
post #256 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Yes, we've established now that the Tea Party people in the USA are all principled dissenters, but all these many many thousands of people protesting in every western capital have just been misled. Because no one anywhere has a legitimate grievance with corruption, austerity, inequality, unemployment and the influence of corporations.

You have no idea how absurd you sound.

For the most part, the Tea Party protestors are expressing principled dissent. And for the most part, OWS protestors are misguided, misled, extreme or mentally ill.

I don't think Frank was indicting all protests worldwide. That said, there's a point to be made on austerity protesters being misguided. Massive dependence on government wasn't going to work forever. Somehow we can see that, but they cannot.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #257 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Massive dependence on government wasn't going to work forever.

Yep. You're right. The banks and 'golden parachute' failures should watch out. Their free ride can't last forever.
Quote:
Somehow we can see that, but they cannot.

Yep. You're right. Conservatives just can't see that this financial oligarchy will all need to end soon.
post #258 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yep. You're right. The banks and 'golden parachute' failures should watch out. Their free ride can't last forever.Yep. You're right. Conservatives just can't see that this financial oligarchy will all need to end soon.

Ask yourself why the government chooses to recapitalize the banks and also why it prefers a financial oligarchy over competition. You've had this put to you a couple times now because this is hardly an activity that the U.S. is alone in doing.

The banks are being used to help support a system of bad ideas and policies, aka government policies with regard to money.

The government doesn't bail them out because they are the "rich". Rather it bails them out because they are the "business" proxy for government policies. The policies themselves are crap.

Most of the housing crisis wasn't caused by banks. It was caused by government pushing down lending standards and then creating quasi private/government "guarantee" entities that then take the losses. We've seen this with Fannie, Freddie, and Sallie. The next step will be the government as mortgage company because only the government can afford the losses that follow their policies. Obama and others are already complaining that the darn banks won't lend in a manner that they desire so they intend to do it themselves.

Another example (and the next bubble in case you didn't know) is education loans. The government has intervened here and of course the costs radically outpace inflation. They try to "fix" their intervention by asking banks to make loans. The banks are unwilling so the government guarantees the loans. The government ends up paying off the loans and paying the banks for having to take on such bad lenders and so the government decides to become the lender.

It's just a continuing progression of covering bad policy. You can hate the parties that need to be bailed out for BUYING into the government view, but in the end you should hate the bad government policies.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #259 of 597
Perhaps the OWS movement should do what the Tea Party does at their rallies: Bring their firearms and other weapons of choice to protest rallies, and brazenly display them in a show of their Second Amendment rights. Let's see how biased, (or paranoid) the police really are.



Here's a Tea Partier with an AK47....

and...



Since the police have historically tolerated the Tea Partiers re. this issue, it would be interesting to see if there would be a similar toleration from the authorities for (what is viewed as) a predominantly left-oriented protest movement. After all, there are no meaningful statistics that indicate whether the left-wing or right-wingers are more prone to violent behavior, and the only real reason that the police would freak out would be propaganda and/or bias.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #260 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

After all, there are no meaningful statistics that indicate whether the left-wing or right-wingers are more prone to violent behavior, and the only real reason that the police would freak out would be propaganda and/or bias.

Nope, the left is far more violent than the right. The Tea Party rallies have been peaceful gatherings and the OWS protests are basically attended by a bunch of animals with no respect for the law. They harass businesses, they defecate on police cars and public property, they produce illegal noise pollution at all times of the day, they illegally camp out on property that is not theirs and they are not wanted as they have no permits. OWS is also racist and sexist as some camps practice segregation. They also represent a public health hazard, due to their leftist sanitary conditions.

I assume that if any those leftist types bring any weapons anyplace, it'll end up with them getting probably getting shot.
post #261 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Perhaps the OWS movement should do what the Tea Party does at their rallies: Bring their firearms and other weapons of choice to protest rallies, and brazenly display them in a show of their Second Amendment rights. Let's see how biased, (or paranoid) the police really are.



Here's a Tea Partier with an AK47....

and...



Since the police have historically tolerated the Tea Partiers re. this issue, it would be interesting to see if there would be a similar toleration from the authorities for (what is viewed as) a predominantly left-oriented protest movement. After all, there are no meaningful statistics that indicate whether the left-wing or right-wingers are more prone to violent behavior, and the only real reason that the police would freak out would be propaganda and/or bias.

You are comparing two completely different actions here. What did the Tea Party even try to stop, occupy or prevent use of when protesting?

As an example protesters for OWS have been arrested for entering a bank, "occupying" it, and not allowing business to continue normally within the building.

If the Tea Party or any other organization entered a bank WITH GUNS, the results are going to be bad. Pricate property and public property are different. They aren't to OWS of course, but to the rest of the world they are indeed different.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #262 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Ask yourself why the government chooses to recapitalize the banks and also why it prefers a financial oligarchy over competition. You've had this put to you a couple times now because this is hardly an activity that the U.S. is alone in doing.

That's a damn good question. Perhaps someone should organize a protest on this exact subject.
post #263 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That's a damn good question. Perhaps someone should organize a protest on this exact subject.

Except if OWS were properly protesting this subject, they would go to the source (government) and not the proxy (banks).

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #264 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Except if OWS were properly protesting this subject, they would go to the source (government) and not the proxy (banks).

So... For instance... If Apple were targeting Google, they would go to the source (Google), not the proxy (HTC)? Have I got that right?

You're fooking brilliant, mate!

So, what are the protesters seeing change in? Bank policy, or government policy? Hmmm.... Maybe both?
post #265 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yep. You're right. The banks and 'golden parachute' failures should watch out. Their free ride can't last forever.

That's another topic entirely. And the government has only encouraged more of it, not less.

Quote:

Yep. You're right. Conservatives just can't see that this financial oligarchy will all need to end soon.

1. So the wealthy elite won't run things anymore, so to speak? Excellent. Of course, that has been tried. It was called the Soviet Union. It didn't work out so well.

2. Can you show that conservatives are more a part of the oligarchy than so-called liberals?

3. How shall we replace this system? When did this system begin? What are its root causes?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #266 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Did you know that the incidence of sexually transmitted disease is actually higher in more "conservative" areas of the country? Who are you calling filthy?

Of course you know the reason why. "Conservatives" tend not to believe in promotion of condom use. I'm guessing this is wisely somewhere you disagree with them. But your abusive monologue fails to stick.

This is one wacky which has no real knowledge what he is talking about. save your breath he is not worth it.
post #267 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So... For instance... If Apple were targeting Google, they would go to the source (Google), not the proxy (HTC)? Have I got that right?

You're fooking brilliant, mate!

So, what are the protesters seeing change in? Bank policy, or government policy? Hmmm.... Maybe both?

Again tonton, when you're so smart and all the other parties are so dumb, but all the other parties happen to be doing the same thing which isn't what you the smart person declares they should do, then perhaps you're not so smart.

Ask yourself, is Microsoft targeting Google and just that stupid Apple is going about this the wrong way? No Microsoft is targeting the manufacturers as well. In fact Microsoft has gone after them one by one so they now have signed patent agreements with over 50% of the market, and they make more money from Android then they do from their Windows phone OS.

So they are going to the source, the source of the money that is and addressing it. Google doesn't make money from Android since they don't charge for it. They make money off search and ads.

Which countries are not recapitalizing their banks again? When it's just one country then that country can be wrong and the others right however when it is every country, you've got to look deeper. The deeper understanding is the banks are servants to their governments and the government policies are having the same results in multiple locations and then the government solution is the same in multiple places.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #268 of 597
Here's a great opinion piece on Fox News of all places that perfectly encapsulates what this movement is all about.

Quote:
Critics of the growing Occupy Wall Street movement complain that the protesters don’t have a policy agenda and, therefore, don’t stand for anything. They're wrong. The key isn’t what protesters are for but rather what they’re against -- the gaping inequality that has poisoned our economy, our politics and our nation.

In America today, 400 people have more wealth than the bottom 150 million combined. That’s not because 150 million Americans are pathetically lazy or even unlucky. In fact, Americans have been working harder than ever -- productivity has risen in the last several decades. Big business profits and CEO bonuses have also gone up. Worker salaries, however, have declined.

Most of the Occupy Wall Street protesters aren’t opposed to free market capitalism. In fact, what they want is an end to the crony capitalist system now in place, that makes it easier for the rich and powerful to get even more rich and powerful while making it increasingly hard for the rest of us to get by. The protesters are not anti-American radicals. They are the defenders of the American Dream, the decision from the birth of our nation that success should be determined by hard work not royal bloodlines.

Sure, bank executives may work a lot harder than you and me or a mother of three doing checkout at a grocery store. Maybe the bankers work ten times harder. Maybe even a hundred times harder. But they’re compensated a thousand times more.
The question is not how Occupy Wall Street protesters can find that gross discrepancy immoral. The question is why every one of us isn’t protesting with them.

According to polls, most Americans support the 99% movement, even if they’re not taking to the streets. In fact, support for the Occupy Wall Street protests is not only higher than for either political party in Washington but greater than support for the Tea Party. And unlike the Tea Party which was fueled by national conservative donors and institutions, the Occupy Wall Street Movement is spreading organically from Idaho to Indiana. Institutions on the left, including unions, have been relatively late to the game.

Ironically, the original Boston Tea Party activists would likely support Occupy Wall Street more as well. Note that the original Tea Party didn’t protest taxes, merely the idea of taxation without representation -- and they were actually protesting the crown-backed monopoly of the East India Company, the main big business of the day.

Americans today also support taxes. In fact, two-thirds of voters -- including a majority of Republicans -- support increasing taxes on the rich, something the Occupy Wall Street protests implicitly support. That’s not just anarchist lefty kids. Soccer moms and construction workers and, yes, even some bankers want to see our economy work for the 99%, not just the 1%, and are flocking to Occupy protests in droves.
I’ve even met a number of Libertarians and Tea Party conservatives at these protests. So the critics are right, the Occupy Wall Street movement isn’t the Tea Party. Occupy Wall Street is much, much broader.

Maybe it’s hard to see your best interests reflected in a sometimes rag-tag, inarticulate, imperfect group of protesters. But make no mistake about it: While horrendous inequality is not an American tradition, protest is.And if you’re part of the 99% of underpaid or unemployed Americans crushed in the current economy, the Occupy Wall Street protests are your best chance at fixing the broken economy that is breaking your back.


Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...#ixzz1btSOZHUM

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #269 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's another topic entirely. And the government has only encouraged more of it, not less.

By enacting Conservative-led policy changes. Yes, they have.
Quote:
1. So the wealthy elite won't run things anymore, so to speak? Excellent. Of course, that has been tried. It was called the Soviet Union. It didn't work out so well.

The Soviet model, and the Maoist model do not apply here, as they both sought to eliminate capitalism. There is no attempt to do that here. All that is being pushed for here is a better balance between capitalism and social responsibility. Surely that's not too hard to understand.
Quote:
2. Can you show that conservatives are more a part of the oligarchy than so-called liberals?

Conservatives openly support the wealth gap through policy position. By the way, Democrats are often conservatives in this regard.
Quote:
3. How shall we replace this system? When did this system begin? What are its root causes?

I know it's a dirty word, but we need regulation. There was more regulation before. Before the problems got worse. You do the math.
post #270 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Again tonton, when you're so smart and all the other parties are so dumb, but all the other parties happen to be doing the same thing which isn't what you the smart person declares they should do, then perhaps you're not so smart.

Um... okay? New sig.

Quote:
Ask yourself, is Microsoft targeting Google and just that stupid Apple is going about this the wrong way? No Microsoft is targeting the manufacturers as well. In fact Microsoft has gone after them one by one so they now have signed patent agreements with over 50% of the market, and they make more money from Android then they do from their Windows phone OS.

Way to miss the point.

Quote:
Which countries are not recapitalizing their banks again? When it's just one country then that country can be wrong and the others right however when it is every country, you've got to look deeper. The deeper understanding is the banks are servants to their governments and the government policies are having the same results in multiple locations and then the government solution is the same in multiple places.

So let me get this straight. All the banks in all the countries; the socialism strong countries, and the capitalism strong countries; the Muslim countries and the Secular countries; they are all secretly run as proxies of government positions? ALL OF THEM?
post #271 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

By enacting Conservative-led policy changes. Yes, they have.

That is simply false. The bailouts--which many conservatives opposed--removed moral hazard from the market. And the leaders of Fannie and Freddie over the past 10 years have been Democrats. These people were supported by the likes of Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd and Maxine Waters...all Democrats. They encouraged and even mandated banks have a certain percentage of loans that they knew would fail.

Quote:

The Soviet model, and the Maoist model do not apply here, as they both sought to eliminate capitalism. There is no attempt to do that here. All that is being pushed for here is a better balance between capitalism and social responsibility. Surely that's not too hard to understand.

If that was what was being pushed, fine. But that's not what's being pushed. That is not who most of these OWS protestors are.

Quote:
Conservatives openly support the wealth gap through policy position. By the way, Democrats are often conservatives in this regard.

I know it's a dirty word, but we need regulation. There was more regulation before. Before the problems got worse. You do the math.[/QUOTE]

The wealth gap is always going to exist. It cannot be solved through regulation and taxation. In fact, that simply makes the problem worse. The only way to address it is to let the free market work with some basic safeguards and a social safety net. The environment for good jobs needs to be created, or recreated.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #272 of 597
We are a banana republic. Face it. The idea that we need to cater more to the wealthy so that they kindly grace us with jobs is just plain fucking retarded.

If these large multi-national corporations are people, they sure as hell aren't American citizens and don't give a rat's ass about keeping the jobs here.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #273 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I know it's a dirty word, but we need regulation. There was more regulation before. Before the problems got worse. You do the math.

Did you see this, ton?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #274 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Um... okay? New sig.

Way to miss the point.

So let me get this straight. All the banks in all the countries; the socialism strong countries, and the capitalism strong countries; the Muslim countries and the Secular countries; they are all secretly run as proxies of government positions? ALL OF THEM?

All Western governments that have social welfare models and that includes several like China and Japan as well.

Also it isn't a secret. Fannie, Freddie, Sallie, they aren't secrets at all. The federal student loan program isn't a secret. Actually Keynesian economics isn't even a secret.

It is a just a bad policy being run through to it's conclusion and people delude themselves about that conclusion.

It isn't just about banks, governments and fiat currency either. I've hit this with empires and Pax Americana. I've discussed it with demography. I was the guy sounding the alarm on house prices and the economy here as well. There are certain rules I consider immutable and good intentions or working smarter won't change them.

Among these immutable rules in my view are...

All empires fall.
Demography is destiny and you can't get economic growth when the population is cut in half.
You cannot be your brother's keeper be it with your life or by proxy with your money.

Those all lead to fail.

OWS is bound to fail because our social welfare model is already unaffordble. Most other social welfare models are in at least as bad a state or worse. Some are a bit better because we've been shouldering their military burden. Others are still pumping wealth out of the ground to subsidize their social welfare model. Either way as a whole, the model is unproductive and unsustainable and occupying a place to declare it ought to be different won't make it so.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #275 of 597
It seems that Oakland and Atlanta have now been liberated and the enemies have been cleared out of the parks that they were illegally occupying.

The police had to use tear gas and rubber bullets in Oakland after the enemies decided to attack and retake the park. They failed.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/201...oakland-calif/

Hopefully other cities will soon follow suit and clear out the illegal enemy invaders, anti-USA protesters and worthless people who are only there to cause trouble. Hopefully the police is well stocked up on teargas and rubber bullets.
post #276 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It seems that Oakland and Atlanta have now been liberated and the enemies have been cleared out of the parks that they were illegally occupying.

The police had to use tear gas and rubber bullets in Oakland after the enemies decided to attack and retake the park. They failed.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/201...oakland-calif/

Hopefully other cities will soon follow suit and clear out the illegal enemy invaders, anti-USA protesters and worthless people who are only there to cause trouble. Hopefully the police is well stocked up on teargas and rubber bullets.


Tell that to this freedom fighter on his third tour- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1033159.html
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #277 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

We are a banana republic. Face it. The idea that we need to cater more to the wealthy so that they kindly grace us with jobs is just plain fucking retarded.

If these large multi-national corporations are people, they sure as hell aren't American citizens and don't give a rat's ass about keeping the jobs here.

Corporations will bring jobs to America when it makes financial sense to do so. That's what you fail to understand.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #278 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Corporations will bring jobs to America when it makes financial sense to do so. That's what you fail to understand.

Ah, right. So when either the rest of the world decides to pay a living wage or we legally sanction sweatshops here. We could also impose huge tariffs on imports. Hmm...what else could we do...

IMPOSE REGULATIONS THAT INCENTIVE COMPANIES THAT BRING OR KEEP JOBS HERE AND TAX THE MOTHERFUCKING SHIT OUT OF COMPANIES THAT SEND THEM OVERSEAS!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #279 of 597
Please do that. We could use more of your jobs in Canada.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #280 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Ah, right. So when either the rest of the world decides to pay a living wage or we legally sanction sweatshops here. We could also impose huge tariffs on imports. Hmm...what else could we do...

IMPOSE REGULATIONS THAT INCENTIVE COMPANIES THAT BRING OR KEEP JOBS HERE AND TAX THE MOTHERFUCKING SHIT OUT OF COMPANIES THAT SEND THEM OVERSEAS!

Actually, we shouldn't punish those who export or don't create jobs, but we absolutely should offer incentives for local job creators.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)