or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded) - Page 10

post #361 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

I don't believe others should be forced, under threat of violence, to care for me or provide for me.

So would you advocate legalised voluntary euthanasia? Or you reckon if nobody can take care or provide for you you'll just suffer it out till the bitter end?

Just putting this out there.

If we were in a situation where we didn't have to (or couldn't "afford" to) take care of people at least we should give them the choice and dignity of ending their lives in a simple, peaceful, humane way... rather than leave them to roam the streets with untreated worsening mental illness, sleeping in their own piss and foraging for scraps like animals. Worse off than pet animals, in fact.

The "sanctity" of life argument breaks down once one realises what a pitiful life it can be for those worse-off in societies around the world.

If push comes to shove, and I'm broke and my family or country could not really take care of me, all I would simply ask is simple, voluntary euthanasia. I'll take my name off the list of those using up world resources, if I cannot contribute in any effective way to society. Sure, I'm free to find ways of killing myself, but anyone that has looked into suicide methods will know it's unpredictable, not guaranteed and may end up causing others or society more harm than good.
post #362 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

So would you advocate legalised voluntary euthanasia? Or you reckon if nobody can take care or provide for you you'll just suffer it out till the bitter end?

Just putting this out there.

What you are putting out there is nonsense.

Quote:
If we were in a situation where we didn't have to (or couldn't "afford" to) take care of people at least we should give them the choice and dignity of ending their lives in a simple, peaceful, humane way... rather than leave them to roam the streets with untreated worsening mental illness, sleeping in their own piss and foraging for scraps like animals. Worse off than pet animals, in fact.

Being dead is better than foraging for scraps. Is that your actual reasoning here?

Quote:
The "sanctity" of life argument breaks down once one realises what a pitiful life it can be for those worse-off in societies around the world.

Why don't you just load up your sniper rifle and go around filling the mass graves yourself. Clearly you'd be doing them a favor per your reasoning and all you are doing is ending suffering.

Quote:
If push comes to shove, and I'm broke and my family or country could not really take care of me, all I would simply ask is simple, voluntary euthanasia. I'll take my name off the list of those using up world resources, if I cannot contribute in any effective way to society. Sure, I'm free to find ways of killing myself, but anyone that has looked into suicide methods will know it's unpredictable, not guaranteed and may end up causing others or society more harm than good.

What I'm sure would be much easier and much more affordable would be to take Social Security and return it to it's original purpose, and that is basically end of life dignity with no extraordinary life saving or life enhancing measures. When Social Security was enacted you had to be 65 to collect it and life expectancy was 58 for men and 62 for women. To make it comparable today, you'd have to make eligibility start at a minimum of 74.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #363 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

One thing we should probably not be doing is commenting on any photos people have been open and kind enough to post.

100% agreed.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #364 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

That's quite a lot to declare from those photos there Hand. However I know my own body fat percentage and I'll be happy to take you on my next half century to century mile ride.

I do a lot of cycling now, so I'd enjoy that very much.

Most people underestimate the health risks of even fairly moderate excess fat. There are studies that prove the dangers.

I don't know how heavy you became before you decided take positive action, but I bet it wasn't from eating fresh fruit and veg that put the weight on. All that toxic junk people feed themselves builds up even when the pounds don't.

But like I started my post with, kudos for you, and more people should do the same.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #365 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

One thing we should probably not be doing is commenting on any photos people have been open and kind enough to post.

He's not the first and he won't be the last. "Good intentions" can be awfully cruel sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

100% agreed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I do a lot of cycling now, so I'd enjoy that very much.

Most people underestimate the health risks of even fairly moderate excess fat. There are studies that prove the dangers.

I don't know how heavy you became before you decided take positive action, but I bet it wasn't from eating fresh fruit and veg that put the weight on. All that toxic junk people feed themselves builds up even when the pounds don't.

But like I started my post with, kudos for you, and more people should do the same.

I wasn't eating terribly. It was more along the lines of having gotten successful enough to basically lose some muscle due to lack of hard labor and then just as you get older, you need fewer calories. As you note basically a moderate risk can become a catastrophic risk and I applied the same reasoning to physical as I would financial. That reasoning is create a very large margin of safety. I've feel like I've done that now, but there's always the next step and I'm working to take it. You've got to be proactive in life no matter the starting point or odds. Taken in the context this thread, the Occupy folks are perma-reactionaries. They don't see themselves as that because they'll have some progressive views on personal liberties but they are reactionaries. They believe the world should take care of them as it could for a brief time when almost all the major innovations and educational advantages were coming from the Western world.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #366 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

So would you advocate legalised voluntary euthanasia? Or you reckon if nobody can take care or provide for you you'll just suffer it out till the bitter end?

Just putting this out there.

You have created a false dilemma between compulsory "charity" (I use quotation marks because charity, by its very nature, cannot be compulsory) and voluntary suicide. Suicide is not the only alternative to forcing others, under threat of violence, to care or provide for you.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #367 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

100% agreed.

Ditto.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #368 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

He's not the first and he won't be the last. "Good intentions" can be awfully cruel sometimes.







I wasn't eating terribly. It was more along the lines of having gotten successful enough to basically lose some muscle due to lack of hard labor and then just as you get older, you need fewer calories. As you note basically a moderate risk can become a catastrophic risk and I applied the same reasoning to physical as I would financial. That reasoning is create a very large margin of safety. I've feel like I've done that now, but there's always the next step and I'm working to take it. You've got to be proactive in life no matter the starting point or odds. Taken in the context this thread, the Occupy folks are perma-reactionaries. They don't see themselves as that because they'll have some progressive views on personal liberties but they are reactionaries. They believe the world should take care of them as it could for a brief time when almost all the major innovations and educational advantages were coming from the Western world.

I think most of them just want to fight for more, as is anyone's right, especially when they pay taxes, work hard and die in wars for their country. The richest fight and now it's the common man fighting too.

The rich have gambled away the chances of many of our youths, they've suckered people out of good healthcare and polluted our world. Austerity for the poor and common man, higher taxes for the poor and common man and more bonuses for the gamblers. It's sick, it's wrong and even King at the Bank of England says he's surprised people aren't more angry.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #369 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I think most of them just want to fight for more, as is anyone's right, especially when they pay taxes, work hard and die in wars for their country. The richest fight and now it's the common man fighting too.

The rich have gambled away the chances of many of our youths, they've suckered people out of good healthcare and polluted our world. Austerity for the poor and common man, higher taxes for the poor and common man and more bonuses for the gamblers. It's sick, it's wrong and even King at the Bank of England says he's surprised people aren't more angry.

The 1%.

Make sure you condemn these greedy bastards Hands and the company that employes them.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #370 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

You have created a false dilemma between compulsory "charity" (I use quotation marks because charity, by its very nature, cannot be compulsory) and voluntary suicide. Suicide is not the only alternative to forcing others, under threat of violence, to care or provide for you.

Hint: depending on "non-forced" charity ain't all it's cracked up to be. Not saying we should force people to help, because that indeed is not the definition of charity... but it is pertinent to note depending on the charity of others is not all smooth sailing.

So, let's say you're suffering (financially, mentally, physically, etc.) and the government and family and friends aren't/can't/won't help you. What are the options?

1. Suffer
2. Depend on charity/ Begging
3. Euthanasia
4. More suffering?

Do you see the 5th option of a standard government safety net having any use? Feel free to add other alternatives to the list, I'm curious.

Yes, you can put private health insurance up there, but, we all know that ain't peachy either. For example, a developing country fairly high on the list of emerging markets is Malaysia. There, I am a born citizen and despite me being 33 years old, no private health insurer would insure me because of certain medication I am taking. This "pre-existing condition" at my age or even 20 years from now has no provable link to long-term major burdens to the health insurer. It's disgusting.

Luckily in the country where I am now that sort of discrimination is pretty much illegal... although they are "waiting periods" for pre-existing conditions to prevent abuse of the system.
post #371 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Hint: depending on "non-forced" charity ain't all it's cracked up to be. Not saying we should force people to help, because that indeed is not the definition of charity... but it is pertinent to note depending on the charity of others is not all smooth sailing.

So, let's say you're suffering (financially, mentally, physically, etc.) and the government and family and friends aren't/can't/won't help you. What are the options?

1. Suffer
2. Depend on charity/ Begging
3. Euthanasia
4. More suffering?

Do you see the 5th option of a standard government safety net having any use? Feel free to add other alternatives to the list, I'm curious.

Yes, you can put private health insurance up there, but, we all know that ain't peachy either. For example, a developing country fairly high on the list of emerging markets is Malaysia. There, I am a born citizen and despite me being 33 years old, no private health insurer would insure me because of certain medication I am taking. This "pre-existing condition" at my age or even 20 years from now has no provable link to long-term major burdens to the health insurer. It's disgusting.

Luckily in the country where I am now that sort of discrimination is pretty much illegal... although they are "waiting periods" for pre-existing conditions to prevent abuse of the system.

5. Help yourself.

You noted this yourself. You could sit there and bemoan the state of Malaysia and suffer or you could go somewhere else and take action.

Why expect any less of others than you expect of yourself?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #372 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

5. Help yourself.

You noted this yourself. You could sit there and bemoan the state of Malaysia and suffer or you could go somewhere else and take action.

Why expect any less of others than you expect of yourself?

Oh hell yeah I'm lucky to have gotten the F out of the country. I'm still not used to returning to first-world standards of living. It's not the traffic, or the clean air, it's mainly... the sense of trust in society. Trust enables a lot of productivity and efficiency which facilitates the standard of living the first world has become famous for.

But here's the catch: I could not have done all this without the support of my parents, and the significant investment they are making in helping me get back on track.

I don't expect less of others but through personal experience I understand when they are not in a position to help themselves. In Malaysia we have high school graduates that are effectively dropouts since the curriculum and level of high school education terminates around the Grade 10 level. Yes, many can continue to tertiary diplomas so it's not all that tragic but this depresses the overall level of education. There are the underprivileged around the world that are so because of their lack of motivation, etc. But there are also those that try hard but the odds have been stacked in their favour.

Perhaps I care to much and I have my own tasks to focus on now. But as I mentioned, where I am is only possible because of going back to my parents in my time of need in my 20s. And heck, while I did do alright at school, uni and jobs here and there again that was facilitated by my middle-class upbringing.

The issue with Occupy is not enforcing communism. It's that the system has just gotten so out of whack with the modern nature of debt and banking it is just not funny anymore.
post #373 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The 1%.

Make sure you condemn these greedy bastards Hands and the company that employes them.


Oh I do.

Ship jobs over to China where workers are treated like robots and earn barely enough money to live on the 500,000 worker strong factories they eat sleep and work in.

China now emits 50% more CO2 than the US. Again make sure you tap into all that coal. Save up billions and put only a relatively tiny percentage back into renewable energies. For a company that likes to be seen as green they're a disgrace.

Pocket the money, yes $60 million I'll take that too. Attack lefties for asking you pay tax on earnings from overseas and stash $81 billion and growing fast, in cash. Fuck the environment line my pockets and laugh as lefties still use Apple products. That about sums up your depth.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #374 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Do you see the 5th option of a standard government safety net having any use? Feel free to add other alternatives to the list, I'm curious.

Even a "safety net" funded by money forcibly removed from other people under threat of violence hasn't worked.

trumptman stole my answer:

5. Help yourself.

Why is that never an option? Or is it implied that the individual has done everything in their power to help themselves?

Also, I believe private charity has done and continues to do much more to truly help people out of poverty and dire circumstances than government ever has.

Take my church, for example:

http://www.providentliving.org/

http://lds.org/haiti-relief/relief/homepage.htm

http://www.providentliving.org/chann...2872-1,00.html

http://www.providentliving.org/chann...2022-1,00.html

http://www.providentliving.org/pdf/2...et_English.pdf

By the way, it's extremely refreshing and encouraging to be able to carry on a good conversation here and not be personally attacked and/or insulted. Thanks.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #375 of 597
post #376 of 597
Besides vandalism, noise pollution, rape, racism, arson, child abuse, assault, intimidation, threats and posing a public health hazard, what exactly has the OWS crowd accomplished so far?

Nothing, that's what. Those losers are going down and it's only a matter of time.
post #377 of 597
And if anybody here has a rape fetish, then I would suggest that they immediately head on down to the nearest OWS gathering.

I just talked to two gentlemen who were raped last night, and they dont want to press charges because [authorities] wanted to take them in an ambulance and . . . do a rape kit, she said.
She passed on their account to the security force, while encouraging them to press charges.
There was another girl raped by the same man, she said from a table in the McDonalds, which has become the headquarters of the revolution



Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1cx5ck5L8
post #378 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And if anybody here has a rape fetish, then I would suggest that they immediately head on down to the nearest OWS gathering.

I just talked to two gentlemen who were raped last night, and they dont want to press charges because [authorities] wanted to take them in an ambulance and . . . do a rape kit, she said.
She passed on their account to the security force, while encouraging them to press charges.
There was another girl raped by the same man, she said from a table in the McDonalds, which has become the headquarters of the revolution



Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1cx5ck5L8

I understand that you feel they are getting what they deserve somehow, but someone being raped is not a matter. Use it as a platform to show people that those involved in the movement are not all simply good people who are angry at the man. The are those there who are exploiting the others horribly. Show a bit of humanity.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #379 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Besides vandalism, noise pollution, rape, racism, arson, child abuse, assault, intimidation, threats and posing a public health hazard, what exactly has the OWS crowd accomplished so far?

Nothing, that's what. Those losers are going down and it's only a matter of time.

Yes we know your attitude on this issue drips with compassion.

We can only hope that someday someone has the opportunity to show you the same.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #380 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I understand that you feel they are getting what they deserve somehow, but someone being raped is not a matter. Use it as a platform to show people that those involved in the movement are not all simply good people who are angry at the man. The are those there who are exploiting the others horribly. Show a bit of humanity.

OWS doesn't treat rape of their members seriously, so why should anybody else? There has been counseling offered to rapists and many instances aren't even reported to the police. What a great solution they have. It sounds like they are building an ideal utopian society there in their tent cities.

Now, I find that to be pretty damn funny. Good humor is hard to come by these days, so I choose to get my laughs from wherever I can. And, was it rape, rape or was it just rape?, to paraphrase other lefties, such as the disgusting females on The View. If it was just simple rape, then I guess it's not a big deal. It's only an issue if it were rape, rape. Rape doesn't qualify, according to Whoopi Goldberg, when she was commenting on another rape case awhile back.

If somebody chooses to lie down with dogs, then they shouldn't be surprised if they get up with fleas. It's plain common sense.
post #381 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yes we know your attitude on this issue drips with compassion.

We can only hope that someday someone has the opportunity to show you the same.

You're right, I have no compassion for enemies. That is not illegal and I will continue to have zero compassion for those thugs.
post #382 of 597
Woman found dead at Occupy Vancouver.

My only comment is to say that I am not surprised at all.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ver-death.html
post #383 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You're right, I have no compassion for enemies. That is not illegal and I will continue to have zero compassion for those thugs.

A wise man once said:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #384 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

A wise man once said:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

I disagree with Jesus. I believe that Jesus was ignorant compared to somebody such as myself who has access to far more information and more than 2,000 years of knowledge than he would have had.
post #385 of 597
Truth is timeless.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #386 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Truth is timeless.

Perhaps, but the problem is that a lot of that religious stuff requires a huge leap of faith and the ability to believe in things that have never been proven. I consider myself to be a person of science and facts. I'd also like to add that I don't really have anything against Christians, as I consider them to be my allies in the fight against the true evil in this world.
post #387 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I disagree with Jesus. I believe that Jesus was ignorant compared to somebody such as myself who has access to far more information and more than 2,000 years of knowledge than he would have had.

Clearly he was, but whether those two thousand years have taught you much other than [erased in case of banning] I highly doubt.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #388 of 597
3 Charged With Dealing Crack; Occupy Boston Deteriorating

Things have changed drastically. It seems to be deteriorating, the man told Carl. A lot of drug use, alcohol use, people getting into fights Its deteriorating pretty quick.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/11/0...deteriorating/

Some liberal leaning propaganda media tries to disguise the truth and portray the OWS in a positive light, writing stuff like 'mostly peaceful'. They can also add to that 'mostly crackhead free', 'mostly rape free' and 'mostly non-fatal'.
post #389 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

I understand that you feel they are getting what they deserve somehow, but someone being raped is not a matter. Use it as a platform to show people that those involved in the movement are not all simply good people who are angry at the man. The are those there who are exploiting the others horribly. Show a bit of humanity.

A2 is just dealing with it as people do. I mean the choice is to pretty much laugh or cry because what happens to these people is self-inflicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yes we know your attitude on this issue drips with compassion.

We can only hope that someday someone has the opportunity to show you the same.

Save your wrath for the coddling media that won't report on these dangers and the group themselves that encourages danger with their don't snitch mentality rather than addressing the problem. Point the finger where it belongs and that isn't some kid posting on an internet forum. The responsibility belongs on the event organizers, the people who refuse to speak out about their own crimes and the media who refuse to report the news and reality of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

OWS doesn't treat rape of their members seriously, so why should anybody else? There has been counseling offered to rapists and many instances aren't even reported to the police. What a great solution they have. It sounds like they are building an ideal utopian society there in their tent cities.

Now, I find that to be pretty damn funny. Good humor is hard to come by these days, so I choose to get my laughs from wherever I can. And, was it rape, rape or was it just rape?, to paraphrase other lefties, such as the disgusting females on The View. If it was just simple rape, then I guess it's not a big deal. It's only an issue if it were rape, rape. Rape doesn't qualify, according to Whoopi Goldberg, when she was commenting on another rape case awhile back.

If somebody chooses to lie down with dogs, then they shouldn't be surprised if they get up with fleas. It's plain common sense.

Very wise posting here A2 and a real in depth understanding of how people are holding you responsible for actions that are happening when you aren't even party to them and the people who are party aren't undertaking any corrective measures. It's crazy reasoning isn't it? It's like your neighbor beats his wife and the way to solve it is for them to come kick your dog because he barked.

It is classic kill the messenger. These rapes must not even matter because the people doing them or organizing the event that led to them have such wonderful intentions. The media can't report on that. Of course they can run 90+ stories per organization about how Herman Cain had an allegation against him over a decade ago. That's what is really important of course. The people to be mad at are those in OWS who KNOW about them. They have DONE NOTHING about them to remedy the problem. Worse still they are SWEEPING THEM under the table and encouraging the victims to do the same so as to no damage their nebulous cause. Those asking the rape victims to martyr themselves are the ones all those on these forums should point their wrath at, not someone who used a smilie.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #390 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You're right, I have no compassion for enemies. That is not illegal and I will continue to have zero compassion for those thugs.

Please show me an official definition of the word " Thug " that matches what they're doing while you're at it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #391 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Please show me an official definition of the word " Thug " that matches what they're doing while you're at it.

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of THUG

: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough


http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thug

Many of the protesters are simple thugs, acting all tough, trying to intimidate and bully other people. They are also ruffians.

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of RUFFIAN

: a brutal person : bully


There are many examples of OWS thuggery in action and I will link to a couple of them which will prove my point. Here we see protesters engaging in thuggish behavior.

http://www.breitbart.tv/inside-the-c...demonstration/

Here's another - Violent OWS Protesters Prevent Woman in Wheelchair From Leaving Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1K1r_w8u38

That is thuggish behavior.
post #392 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I disagree with Jesus. I believe that Jesus was ignorant compared to somebody such as myself who has access to far more information and more than 2,000 years of knowledge than he would have had.

Wow, Jesus was ignorant, and you are so much smarter than him...

That deserved the lol smiley. I am not saying that you are not a smart guy, but you have a lot to learn about what kind of intelligence really matters in the long run.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #393 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

OWS doesn't treat rape of their members seriously, so why should anybody else? There has been counseling offered to rapists and many instances aren't even reported to the police. What a great solution they have. It sounds like they are building an ideal utopian society there in their tent cities.

Now, I find that to be pretty damn funny. Good humor is hard to come by these days, so I choose to get my laughs from wherever I can. And, was it rape, rape or was it just rape?, to paraphrase other lefties, such as the disgusting females on The View. If it was just simple rape, then I guess it's not a big deal. It's only an issue if it were rape, rape. Rape doesn't qualify, according to Whoopi Goldberg, when she was commenting on another rape case awhile back.

If somebody chooses to lie down with dogs, then they shouldn't be surprised if they get up with fleas. It's plain common sense.

If you have to ask the question, there is no answer that can be given that will make any difference. Rape is rape, whether you think they take it seriously or not. The protesters should be arrested for obstruction of justice if they are impeding the case. This is not a laughing matter.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #394 of 597
If you read the article carefully, that particular occupy location stated they will not impede any case whatsoever. Ignore that, though. The police, however, have been less than helpful.

It's the victim's fault for sleeping outside according to the NYPD.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #395 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

If you read the article carefully, that particular occupy location stated they will not impede any case whatsoever. Ignore that, though. The police, however, have been less than helpful.

It's the victim's fault for sleeping outside according to the NYPD.


The police were completely helpful in that matter and her feeling like she was victimized has no basis in reality. She didn't think it was worth addressing that night or for a full two days and complains that it was treated a like a secondary or lower level crime that was given a lower level of priority because THAT'S A FACT.

Call the police right now and tell them your neighbor has their stereo too loud. They'll tell you point blank they will get out to it when they can because a loud stereo isn't the same level of crime.

She didn't give it an immediate response nor did they because it isn't the type of crime that required that.

Get Real BR.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #396 of 597
I feel compelled to share a few words of wisdom from Benjamin, an ancient King:

Quote:
And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.

Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just

But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.

For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?


And behold, even at this time, ye have been calling on his name, and begging for a remission of your sins. And has he suffered that ye have begged in vain? Nay; he has poured out his Spirit upon you, and has caused that your hearts should be filled with joy, and has caused that your mouths should be stopped that ye could not find utterance, so exceedingly great was your joy.

And now, if God, who has created you, on whom you are dependent for your lives and for all that ye have and are, doth grant unto you whatsoever ye ask that is right, in faith, believing that ye shall receive, O then, how ye ought to impart of the substance that ye have one to another.

And if ye judge the man who putteth up his petition to you for your substance that he perish not, and condemn him, how much more just will be your condemnation for withholding your substance, which doth not belong to you but to God, to whom also your life belongeth; and yet ye put up no petition, nor repent of the thing which thou hast done.

I say unto you, wo be unto that man, for his substance shall perish with him; and now, I say these things unto those who are rich as pertaining to the things of this world.

And again, I say unto the poor, ye who have not and yet have sufficient, that ye remain from day to day; I mean all you who deny the beggar, because ye have not; I would that ye say in your hearts that: I give not because I have not, but if I had I would give.

And now, if ye say this in your hearts ye remain guiltless, otherwise ye are condemned; and your condemnation is just for ye covet that which ye have not received.


And now, for the sake of these things which I have spoken unto youthat is, for the sake of retaining a remission of your sins from day to day, that ye may walk guiltless before GodI would that ye should impart of your substance to the poor, every man according to that which he hath, such as feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and administering to their relief, both spiritually and temporally, according to their wants.

And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

(emphasis mine)

Here are the key points I take from this:
  • If are able, we should give to those in need. We came into this world with nothing, and we'll leave it with nothing. Everything we have is a gift. Share it.
  • If we are not in a position to give to those in need, we should be of the attitude that we would give if we could.
  • If we are poor, we should not covet (desire the property of others).
  • Giving to those in need should be done in order. You know, "give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime". Just remember that the man does need to eat while he's learning to fish.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #397 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of THUG

: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough


http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thug

Many of the protesters are simple thugs, acting all tough, trying to intimidate and bully other people. They are also ruffians.

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of RUFFIAN

: a brutal person : bully


There are many examples of OWS thuggery in action and I will link to a couple of them which will prove my point. Here we see protesters engaging in thuggish behavior.

http://www.breitbart.tv/inside-the-c...demonstration/

Here's another - Violent OWS Protesters Prevent Woman in Wheelchair From Leaving Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1K1r_w8u38

That is thuggish behavior.

Good. Now try to tie that in directly with verified ( from nationally recognized sources ) reports from this situation ( more than one or two ) to show this represents the whole.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #398 of 597
I think that it's only a matter of time before some good, law abiding citizen shoots some of these criminal protesters and lowlifes. And when that happens, I will fully support the person who was merely defending themselves.

SoCal Street Cart Vendors Hurting After Occupy Group Splatters Blood, Urine

Nothing is more American than self defense, and bullets are a reasonable and appropriate reaction to a biological attack. You have these hard working street cart vendors who are only out making an honest living and along comes these vicious scum protesters whose main goal is to attack other people, and to destroy jobs and businesses.

I can't wait to finally see these people get what's coming to them.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...s-blood-urine/
post #399 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I think that it's only a matter of time before some good, law abiding citizen shoots some of these criminal protesters and lowlifes. And when that happens, I will fully support the person who was merely defending themselves.

SoCal Street Cart Vendors Hurting After Occupy Group Splatters Blood, Urine

Nothing is more American than self defense, and bullets are a reasonable and appropriate reaction to a biological attack. You have these hard working street cart vendors who are only out making an honest living and along comes these vicious scum protesters whose main goal is to attack other people, and to destroy jobs and businesses.

I can't wait to finally see these people get what's coming to them.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...s-blood-urine/

Death threats for not giving out free food and drinks is over the top ridiculous.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #400 of 597
OWS NY is getting violent too. Their sense of entitlement is causing them to go into a rage when they are rejected by small business that are tired of their freeloading.

Occupiers terrorize us: eatery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)