or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded) - Page 2

post #41 of 597
Speaking of who people are and what they want, let's look at what the "occupiers" want.

Quote:
Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.

Give us all your money. Give us it regardless of whether we work. End all current energy production and replace it with unicorns and rainbows. A trillion dollars, here there and everywhere. Open borders, let's give it out to the world. Forgive all debts that exist on the planet. Outlaw any reporting on past or future debt and make everyone unionized by false elections.

BTW, showing the hypocrisy and lack of majority rule that crazy Democrats endorse, notice how for they want elections for government and for unions run in complete different ways. There is no standard but grab what you can and smile at your brother while you knife and rob him.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #42 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

First, it's not "my party." I'm not really a Tea Partier, though I like some of their agenda. Secondly, yes...some do want to shrink the MIC. This is why so many Tea Party-types and libertarians support someone like Ron Paul. Many disagree, however, that the MIC is what's limiting their freedom, which is why they are not calling for it to be shrunk.

Nice dodge. You don't vote Republican?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #43 of 597

What a hodgepodge of nonsense, huh?
post #44 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Nice dodge. You don't vote Republican?

Nice stoppage of thought. You'd rather label posters than have a discussion with them?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #45 of 597
I have some nice land in Florida to sell to anyone that thinks this is a genuine grassroots effort.
post #46 of 597
Wow you guys must be proud.

http://youtu.be/l3Y9CARUwio
post #47 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

What a hodgepodge of nonsense, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

What a hodgepodge of nonsense, huh?

No, the old model is becoming increasingly irrelevant in today's world, and those people who are going to inherit the world, and hope to raise another generation are worried, frustrated and angry, and for hundreds of reasons.

This article here on CNN by Douglas Rushkoff (author of the excellent book "Coercion"), articulates the issue. Amazing that CNN features such a sensible piece, a gem amongst the standard infantile "Corporate Weasel Media" dross.

Quote:
Yes, as so many journalists seem obligated to point out, kids are criticizing corporate America while tweeting through their iPhones. The simplistic critique is that if someone is upset about corporate excess, he is supposed to abandon all connection with any corporate product. Of course, the more nuanced approach to such tradeoffs would be to seek balance rather than ultimatums. Yes, there are things big corporations might do very well, like making iPhones. There are other things big corporations may not do so well, like structure mortgage derivatives. Might we be able to use corporations for what works, and get them out of doing what doesn't?

This article is a must read for anyone who is confused by whats happening. Read the whole article... it wont take long.

LINK HERE.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #48 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

No, the old model is becoming increasingly irrelevant in today's world, and those people who are going to inherit the world, and hope to raise another generation are worried, frustrated and angry, and for hundreds of reasons.

This article here on CNN by Douglas Rushkoff (author of the excellent book "Coercion"), articulates the issue. Amazing that CNN features such a sensible piece, a gem amongst the standard infantile "Corporate Weasel Media" dross.



This article is a must read for anyone who is confused by whats happening. Read the whole article... it wont take long.

LINK HERE.

Articulates the issue? I hope that was a joke.

Quote:
Anyone who says he has no idea what these folks are protesting is not being truthful. Whether we agree with them or not, we all know what they are upset about, and we all know that there are investment bankers working on Wall Street getting richer while things for most of the rest of us are getting tougher. What upsets banking's defenders and politicians alike is the refusal of this movement to state its terms or set its goals in the traditional language of campaigns.

That's because, unlike a political campaign designed to get some person in office and then close up shop (as in the election of Obama), this is not a movement with a traditional narrative arc. As the product of the decentralized networked-era culture, it is less about victory than sustainability. It is not about one-pointedness, but inclusion and groping toward consensus. It is not like a book; it is like the Internet.

Occupy Wall Street is meant more as a way of life that spreads through contagion, creates as many questions as it answers, aims to force a reconsideration of the way the nation does business and offers hope to those of us who previously felt alone in our belief that the current economic system is broken.

But unlike a traditional protest, which identifies the enemy and fights for a particular solution, Occupy Wall Street just sits there talking with itself, debating its own worth, recognizing its internal inconsistencies and then continuing on as if this were some sort of new normal. It models a new collectivism, picking up on the sustainable protest village of the movement's Egyptian counterparts, with food, first aid, and a library.



If we can just sit around and raise our consciousness, all the jobs,food and healthcare will just magically appear.

Perhaps there is a reason people who like numbers, goals, and those who follow "traditional" mind closing conceptions like "success" and "employability" end up with all the goodies while these idiots complain that reality intrudes on the bad coffee and stale cigarettes.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #49 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Articulates the issue? I hope that was a joke.





If we can just sit around and raise our consciousness, all the jobs,food and healthcare will just magically appear.

Perhaps there is a reason people who like numbers, goals, and those who follow "traditional" mind closing conceptions like "success" and "employability" end up with all the goodies while these idiots complain that reality intrudes on the bad coffee and stale cigarettes.

OK, Mr. Corporate Welfare appeaser and champion of "going soft on corporate crime", how about:

"The goal is in the long run end corporate rule and shift power to the people". Recall a quaint little document called the US Constitution? How does it open: "We the corporations....?" Um, no.

Furthermore since corporations claim to have same rights as individuals, then they MUST have the same responsibilities... Or otherwise in the bizarro, twisited world of Trumptman et al

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #50 of 597
You know I haven't been around much lately but it really doesn't surprise me that there are types here who don't get what's going on and how fed up people are with financial inequality. Now before these types start saying things like we wouldn't have anything without the banks and the wealthy think about what you're saying. This is a country for and by the people. That's how it's suppose to work. What you are saying when you favor the situation is that you'd rather have a ruling class. You know kind of like a monarchy instead of a democracy. And that my friends sounds very unamerican and spits in the face of what this country stands for and what the original americans intended. You know, the stuff you're always harping on.

Thomas Jefferson :
Quote:
"I am not among those who fear the people.
They, and not the rich, are our dependence for continued freedom.
And to preserve their independence,
We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt.
We must make our election between economy and liberty
or profusion and servitude.

And no I don't think he was talking about big government. He was talking about the difference between a ruling class and the ordinary people who make up this country. And if you can't see it reread the first sentence again.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #51 of 597
From the belly of the beast itself, "Federal" Reserve chairman Bernanke on Occupy Wall Street:

Quote:
"... and at some level, I can't blame them"

Not quite a "ringing endorsement", but a far cry from the likes of our very own Trumptman.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #52 of 597
It's picked up a bit. So much for the loony unshaved rabble, eh...?
post #53 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

No, the old model is becoming increasingly irrelevant in today's world, and those people who are going to inherit the world, and hope to raise another generation are worried, frustrated and angry, and for hundreds of reasons.

This article here on CNN by Douglas Rushkoff (author of the excellent book "Coercion"), articulates the issue. Amazing that CNN features such a sensible piece, a gem amongst the standard infantile "Corporate Weasel Media" dross.



This article is a must read for anyone who is confused by whats happening. Read the whole article... it wont take long.

LINK HERE.


Debt forgiveness? So if I run up my credit card making a sweat man cave with flatscreen and directive TV I can just walk away because dagnabbit those wall street fact cats!
post #54 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I have some nice land in Florida to sell to anyone that thinks this is a genuine grassroots effort.

I already sold my Florida land to the people who think the Tea Party is a genuine grassroots movement.
post #55 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

OK, Mr. Corporate Welfare appeaser and champion of "going soft on corporate crime", how about:

"The goal is in the long run end corporate rule and shift power to the people". Recall a quaint little document called the US Constitution? How does it open: "We the corporations....?" Um, no.

Furthermore since corporations claim to have same rights as individuals, then they MUST have the same responsibilities... Or otherwise in the bizarro, twisited world of Trumptman et al


The reality, regardless of whether you want to endorse it or not, is that the banks are controlled by the gigantic Federal Reserve which is a creature of government. Your platitudes might read nicely on a bumper sticker but again, the reality is that corporations are taxed, pay taxes on profits, collect sales taxes for the state, pay income and Social Security taxes on behalf of their employees, etc.

Perhaps in the bizarro world of your mind though, a few bumper stickers and some consciousness raising fixes the creation of all wealth for all people forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You know I haven't been around much lately but it really doesn't surprise me that there are types here who don't get what's going on and how fed up people are with financial inequality. Now before these types start saying things like we wouldn't have anything without the banks and the wealthy think about what you're saying. This is a country for and by the people. That's how it's suppose to work. What you are saying when you favor the situation is that you'd rather have a ruling class. You know kind of like a monarchy instead of a democracy. And that my friends sounds very unamerican and spits in the face of what this country stands for and what the original americans intended. You know, the stuff you're always harping on.

And no I don't think he was talking about big government. He was talking about the difference between a ruling class and the ordinary people who make up this country. And if you can't see it reread the first sentence again.

The ruling class has been the Democratic party in Congress since 2006. They still have the presidency and the Senate and what they've managed to do is borrow more money than all the prior presidents combined and hand it over to their friends, family and associates under the guises of "green jobs" or "shovel-ready" projects. This crony-capitalism is what should be protested, prevented and stopped with the next election. The fact is that these folks would vote it into office for round two. They're slitting their own throats and protesting the outcomes created with their own votes. No one need have sympathy for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I already sold my Florida land to the people who think the Tea Party is a genuine grassroots movement.

Actually the funds in your account have been frozen tonton. It seems they found a "threatened" bird on the property. Without your consent or knowledge they razed all the structures on it to the ground and restored it to prestine wetlands condition. Now they are using eminent domain to take the land and are willing to offer you cents on the dollar compared to the price at which you previously had it listed. Sure you're out the money but you were just a greedy and ignorant bastard for having improved the land in the first place and the bird is the important thing really, not you and filthy money.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #56 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Nice dodge. You don't vote Republican?

Huh? Yes, I do, because that party (GOP) tends to represent my positions. But that doesn't make me a member of the Tea Party. Not dodging anything...I support several Tea Party positions. But there are those I don't agree with, such as when they called for refusing to raise the debt ceiling no matter what concessions were made.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #57 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Actually the funds in your account have been frozen tonton. It seems they found a "threatened" bird on the property. Without your consent or knowledge they razed all the structures on it to the ground and restored it to prestine wetlands condition. Now they are using eminent domain to take the land and are willing to offer you cents on the dollar compared to the price at which you previously had it listed. Sure you're out the money but you were just a greedy and ignorant bastard for having improved the land in the first place and the bird is the important thing really, not you and filthy money.

Oh well. The birds are actually important. At least I got something back. So many countries wouldn't have given me cents on the dollar, and would have claimed the land with no compensation whatsoever. Shows what a great place America is.

And since I'm a shrewd investor and have so many other investments, I'll write it off as a good deed, and continue to make money on my other properties. I'm smart and I never put all my eggs in one basket, even if it means I can't invest as much on what I perceive as a golden opportunity. I'm glad I live by this philosophy. I also don't need to greedily cling to ever cent I've ever earned if it means there's one less bird that might become extinct in my lifetime.

Now it's off to find the next investment.
post #58 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Huh? Yes, I do, because that party (GOP) tends to represent my positions. But that doesn't make me a member of the Tea Party. Not dodging anything...I support several Tea Party positions. But there are those I don't agree with, such as when they called for refusing to raise the debt ceiling no matter what concessions were made.

You still don't get it. BR wasn't talking about the Tea Party when he said "your party" you silly guy. But then I bet you knew that.
post #59 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The reality, regardless of whether you want to endorse it or not, is that the banks are controlled by the gigantic Federal Reserve which is a creature of government. Your platitudes might read nicely on a bumper sticker but again, the reality is that corporations are taxed, pay taxes on profits, collect sales taxes for the state, pay income and Social Security taxes on behalf of their employees, etc.

Perhaps in the bizarro world of your mind though, a few bumper stickers and some consciousness raising fixes the creation of all wealth for all people forever.



The ruling class has been the Democratic party in Congress since 2006. They still have the presidency and the Senate and what they've managed to do is borrow more money than all the prior presidents combined and hand it over to their friends, family and associates under the guises of "green jobs" or "shovel-ready" projects. This crony-capitalism is what should be protested, prevented and stopped with the next election. The fact is that these folks would vote it into office for round two. They're slitting their own throats and protesting the outcomes created with their own votes. No one need have sympathy for that.



Actually the funds in your account have been frozen tonton. It seems they found a "threatened" bird on the property. Without your consent or knowledge they razed all the structures on it to the ground and restored it to prestine wetlands condition. Now they are using eminent domain to take the land and are willing to offer you cents on the dollar compared to the price at which you previously had it listed. Sure you're out the money but you were just a greedy and ignorant bastard for having improved the land in the first place and the bird is the important thing really, not you and filthy money.

Quote:
The ruling class has been the Democratic party in Congress since 2006. They still have the presidency and the Senate and what they've managed to do is borrow more money than all the prior presidents combined and hand it over to their friends, family and associates under the guises of "green jobs" or "shovel-ready" projects. This crony-capitalism is what should be protested, prevented and stopped with the next election. The fact is that these folks would vote it into office for round two. They're slitting their own throats and protesting the outcomes created with their own votes. No one need have sympathy for that.

Like I've said certain types here clearly have missed the boat on understanding what's going on or even the content of my post. They do have a great capacity for rationalizing their position and the people they support ie : " Don't look at that! That's not important look over here ". Even though " over here " isn't the subject of this thread or the reason people are upset.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #60 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Huh? Yes, I do, because that party (GOP) tends to represent my positions. But that doesn't make me a member of the Tea Party. Not dodging anything...I support several Tea Party positions. But there are those I don't agree with, such as when they called for refusing to raise the debt ceiling no matter what concessions were made.

And does your party promote the end of prohibition of both drugs and prostitution? I never fucking said anything about the Tea Party. You're just making shit up and twisting in the wind.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #61 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Oh well. The birds are actually important. At least I got something back. So many countries wouldn't have given me cents on the dollar, and would have claimed the land with no compensation whatsoever. Shows what a great place America is.

And since I'm a shrewd investor and have so many other investments, I'll write it off as a good deed, and continue to make money on my other properties. I'm smart and I never put all my eggs in one basket, even if it means I can't invest as much on what I perceive as a golden opportunity. I'm glad I live by this philosophy. I also don't need to greedily cling to ever cent I've ever earned if it means there's one less bird that might become extinct in my lifetime.

Now it's off to find the next investment.

Yes, this is wonderful as a hypothetical. Meanwhile the NIMBY's in reality won't even allow a windmill within their view. Also what makes you so certain they won't come after your other investments. I mean money is money and greed is greed right?

Did you not see the nice Corporation/American Flag flown by the folks at Occupy Wall St? I assure you Apple was on it. Tell me who would be safe from these looters? Tell me how many of your eggs could they confiscate before your own concerns would arise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Like I've said certain types here clearly have missed the boat on understanding what's going on or even the content of my post. They do have a great capacity for rationalizing their position and the people they support ie : " Don't look at that! That's not important look over here ". Even though " over here " isn't the subject of this thread or the reason people are upset.

Yes and you must be right because after all these years the Democrats have sure made everything so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

And does your party promote the end of prohibition of both drugs and prostitution? I never fucking said anything about the Tea Party. You're just making shit up and twisting in the wind.

You tell us which party treats sex work as no big deal and demands there be no drug laws.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #62 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes, this is wonderful as a hypothetical.

Wait. You're sarcastically criticizing your OWN hypothetical as being a hypothetical? HAhaha!!!!!

And then you go on with... get this... another hypothetical. Man. That's classic.

Quote:
Meanwhile the NIMBY's in reality won't even allow a windmill within their view. Also what makes you so certain they won't come after your other investments. I mean money is money and greed is greed right?

Your deliberate scaremongering doesn't affect me. I know that the chance of this happening to me in the United States of America is less than in other countries, and less than me getting struck by lightning, and I'm proud of my country for that. Meanwhile, efforts to protect the environment are noble... and I'm proud of my country for that (though they can do more). So I ask: why do you hate America so much?
post #63 of 597
Ah, yes. The good ol' "When my side does it it's honest and pure and filled with bellowing American flags and national anthem." When you do it, though, it's dirty and disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #64 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Wait. You're sarcastically criticizing your OWN hypothetical as being a hypothetical? HAhaha!!!!!

And then you go on with... get this... another hypothetical. Man. That's classic.

I'm saying you are pretty easy going with the loss of hypothetical money. I doubt you would shrug off a major investment so easily in reality. If this were your primary residence, a vacation home or an investment worth tens of thousands of dollars, then most middle class folks, of which you claim membership, could not just shrug it off.

Quote:
Your deliberate scaremongering doesn't affect me. I know that the chance of this happening to me in the United States of America is less than in other countries, and less than me getting struck by lightning, and I'm proud of my country for that. Meanwhile, efforts to protect the environment are noble... and I'm proud of my country for that (though they can do more). So I ask: why do you hate America so much?

It isn't scaremongering. It is simple math. This is true of debt. This is true of demography. There's no free lunch in life. Good intentions don't change that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Ah, yes. The good ol' "When my side does it it's honest and pure and filled with bellowing American flags and national anthem." When you do it, though, it's dirty and disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Good to see you Northgate.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #65 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

It's picked up a bit. So much for the loony unshaved rabble, eh...?

When people camp out, they tend to look as if they have been camping out!
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #66 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes, this is wonderful as a hypothetical. Meanwhile the NIMBY's in reality won't even allow a windmill within their view. Also what makes you so certain they won't come after your other investments. I mean money is money and greed is greed right?

Did you not see the nice Corporation/American Flag flown by the folks at Occupy Wall St? I assure you Apple was on it. Tell me who would be safe from these looters? Tell me how many of your eggs could they confiscate before your own concerns would arise.



Yes and you must be right because after all these years the Democrats have sure made everything so much better.



You tell us which party treats sex work as no big deal and demands there be no drug laws.

Quote:
Yes and you must be right because after all these years the Democrats have sure made everything so much better.

Ok Trumpy 2 can play that game as well. I've given your all powerful republican congress ( that you guys were making so much noise about after the last election ) two years. That's the same amount of time your nonsensical augments about the democratic congress in 06' and how they're to blame for things going south at the end of the Bush administration. So if they're so powerful and the GOP has been at bat for 2 years now how is it things aren't getting better at a rapid pace? Hmmm? And sorry you can't blame Obama for that. All they have done is promote gridlock. Anyone can see that and they do. Anyone that is except for GOP supporters. But this thread isn't about the democrats or the republicans directly. It's about the banks and the super rich ( which by coincidence the GOP tend to favor ).

Ps. By the way you guys gave Obama much less time for results.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #67 of 597
I wonder what would happen if SJ shared their work ethic and whining
NOTHING, lazy trolls
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #68 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

I wonder what would happen if SJ shared their work ethic and whining
NOTHING, lazy trolls

I hate to tell you but Jobs probably would be in agreement with these people as he was widely recognized as a liberal.

You see liberals can have a work ethic also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aihad_cGWQ
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #69 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You still don't get it. BR wasn't talking about the Tea Party when he said "your party" you silly guy. But then I bet you knew that.

I took it to mean the Tea Party initially. He then said asked if I voted Republican and accused me of dodging the question. I said that I did. But you really don't care about that. You're more interested in feigning intellectual superiority because I took his statement to mean something different. You seem to have a real affinity for jumping on any little miscommunication lately.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #70 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I hate to tell you but Jobs probably would be in agreement with these people as he was widely recognized as a liberal.

You see liberals can have a work ethic also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aihad_cGWQ

Lots of people presume things. I'd love to see you back it up with actual words or actions from the man though.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #71 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I took it to mean the Tea Party initially. He then said asked if I voted Republican and accused me of dodging the question. I said that I did. But you really don't care about that. You're more interested in feigning intellectual superiority because I took his statement to mean something different. You seem to have a real affinity for jumping on any little miscommunication lately.

Once you "realized" you misinterpreted my original statement, you failed to answer the question.

You vote for a party that does not want to end prohibition. You vote for a party that does not want maximum personal freedom, although they claim that is their modus operandi. Or am I wrong about this?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #72 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

When people camp out, they tend to look as if they have been camping out!

Most normal people who camp out tend to do so in a forest or the wilderness or some similar place. Extremist leftists, communists and anarchists who choose to camp out on dirty city streets and city parks tend to look like bums.
post #73 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Once you "realized" you misinterpreted my original statement, you failed to answer the question.

You vote for a party that does not want to end prohibition.

That is true, because it is not the only issue to me. I agree with the GOP on most things.

Quote:
You vote for a party that does not want maximum personal freedom, although they claim that is their modus operandi. Or am I wrong about this?

I disagree. The GOP fits my positions best overall. And they support much more personal freedom and reliance on one's self than does the Democratic Party. That is why I typically vote Republican. I am also registered Republican, because in PA we have a closed primary system (I used to be registered independent), and I want to participate in primaries.

I do sometimes vote Democratic or "against" Republicans. For example, I voted not to retain some of the PSC judges that allowed a house and senate pay raise passed in the middle of the night (literally) to stand. The raise was to be in the form of non-vouchered expenses. I believe two got thrown out, which was the first time in about 100 years. I also voted for Ed Rendell in 2002, though his policies made me regret it quickly. I'm much more likely to vote Democrat in local and state elections, because less rides on it in terms of control of the chambers. A vote for a Democrat House member is vote for Nancy Pelosi, which is something I cannot stomach.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #74 of 597
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Most 1%'s who camp out tend to do so in a forest or the wilderness or some similar place. Extremist leftists, communists and anarchists who choose to camp out on dirty city streets and city parks tend to look like bums.


Tftfy.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

Reply
post #75 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Tftfy.

That's not even slightly amusing. Are you saying that people who camp in the forest/wilderness are not "normal?"
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #76 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That is true, because it is not the only issue to me. I agree with the GOP on most things.

Look how much money is sunk into prohibition. Look at the state seizing people's property when they are booked on drug-related offenses. This should be a very, very high priority issue with you.

And when you say personal freedom and reliance, that's just a nice way of sugar coating the freedom for the old to rely on eating cat food; the freedom of a cancer victim's family to rely on medical bankruptcy; the freedom of the 99% to rely on the whims of the corrupt and immoral; the freedom of socialism for corporations but reliance on unforgivable debts for the 99%.

Yeah. Freedom and reliance my ass.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #77 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Look how much money is sunk into prohibition. Look at the state seizing people's property when they are booked on drug-related offenses. This should be a very, very high priority issue with you.

I think I'll decide what issues are of importance to me, thank you.

Quote:

And when you say personal freedom and reliance, that's just a nice way of sugar coating the freedom for the old to rely on eating cat food; the freedom of a cancer victim's family to rely on medical bankruptcy; the freedom of the 99% to rely on the whims of the corrupt and immoral; the freedom of socialism for corporations but reliance on unforgivable debts for the 99%.

Yeah. Freedom and reliance my ass.

No, that is your ridiculous characterization of what I'm saying.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #78 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Look how much money is sunk into prohibition.

A lot of ignorant potheads voted for Obama, because he tricked them good. A lot of them are pretty angry at Obama now too.

I also think that marijuana should be legalized and I disagree with anybody on either side who is in favor of prohibition, as it is not effective, it doesn't work and it is costly to the American tax payer. I do not support the legalization of hard drugs though and I don't really care about crackheads. But marijuana, which is far safer and a better drug than alcohol should definitely be legalized.
post #79 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I think I'll decide what issues are of importance to me, thank you.

You are free to do that. However, this decision not to be more strongly in favor of prohibition goes against the very interests and ideals you claim to hold. Look at the money we spend housing drug offenders in prison. Look at the money and lives we spend trying to keep drugs from entering this country. Look at the property rights being violated during drug busts.

You are free to decide what's important, but I'm also free to call you a RAGING HYPOCRITE based on those asinine choices.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #80 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

A lot of ignorant potheads voted for Obama, because he tricked them good. A lot of them are pretty angry at Obama now too.

I also think that marijuana should be legalized and I disagree with anybody on either side who is in favor of prohibition, as it is not effective, it doesn't work and it is costly to the American tax payer. I do not support the legalization of hard drugs though and I don't really care about crackheads. But marijuana, which is far safer and a better drug than alcohol should definitely be legalized.

As long as there is a black market, there will be organized crime to exploit it. Remove the black market completely. End prohibition completely.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)