or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded) - Page 11

post #401 of 597
Ahh, Rolling Stone again, with a disheartening piece:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-rich-20111109


The Republicans are going to vent some red over this one.



Please, pass this link around. The people need to know how the GOP is working.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #402 of 597
Which is why I laugh every time someone tells me we can hold government accountable by voting.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #403 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Ahh, Rolling Stone again, with a disheartening piece:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-rich-20111109

The author is not mentally well. He's an extremist liberal, and a deluded Obama lover. Is anybody expecting him to write nice things about Obama's foes? He also writes for the disgusting site called Huffington Post.

Here's the title of a few of his other sloppy and poorly written articles:

How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory

The Case for Obama | Politics News | Rolling Stone

The GOP Jihad BY TIM DICKINSON/ROLLING STONE

The guy loves Obama and that disqualifies him from writing any rational or intelligent article. Obama's presidency has been a disaster so far.

Obama got more donations from Wall Street and the rich than anybody else. Rolling Stone is a joke. The author is basically a liberal troll, writing far left propaganda and Obama cheerleading articles. Rolling Stone is in the pocket for Obama, a truly disgusting magazine for leftist extremists.
post #404 of 597
Apple ][, conservative troll.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #405 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Apple ][, conservative troll.

Are you disputing that Obama got more money from the rich, Wall Street and big businesses than anybody else?

The poor and many Obama voters are the people who are hurting most from Obama's presidency so far. What is the unemployment figure again? Who's camping out in parks like homeless bums? What is the percentage of black (Obama's most hardcore supporters) unemployment again?

Obama even wants to tax X-mas trees now.

Obama has been terrible for business, terrible for working people and terrible for poor people.

He's basically been bad for the USA, generally speaking, and things are worse now than before.
post #406 of 597
In the middle of an Occupy Chicago teach-in this week, traders at the Chicago Board of Trade dumped several sheets of paper on top of the heads of protesters below. Demonstrators were angered to find out they were showered with employment applications for McDonalds.

Hahahaha. Hilarious!

Though I'm not sure that I want those people handling any types of food. That might be quite dangerous, given the unsanitary conditions and utter filth that those people choose to live under.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trade...go-protesters/
post #407 of 597
You fail to mention Republican obstructionism--Republicans sabotaging efforts to fix this economy for political gain. You can't be taken seriously when you are so insanely biased. I do fault Obama in many areas. I also look at what both sides have done. The Republicans' behavior has been pretty fucking disgusting the last three years. You would never acknowledge that, though.

Hence, conservative troll. On IGNORE! WHEE!!!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #408 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You fail to mention Republican obstructionism--Republicans sabotaging efforts to fix this economy for political gain. You can't be taken seriously when you are so insanely biased. I do fault Obama in many areas. I also look at what both sides have done. The Republicans' behavior has been pretty fucking disgusting the last three years.

Yes, because the Democratic Congress that ruled for decades never acted out for partisan gain.

Republicans are the opposition party to the White House and were elected to oppose crazy stimulus programs and unbalanced budgets.

It's funny how Democratic congresses can obstruct Republican presidents and are said to be representing the American people. When the shoe is on the other foot, the so-called progressives cry treason.

Yet another reason no one pays attention to the screams of the left.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #409 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

You fail to mention Republican obstructionism--Republicans sabotaging efforts to fix this economy for political gain. You can't be taken seriously when you are so insanely biased. I do fault Obama in many areas. I also look at what both sides have done. The Republicans' behavior has been pretty fucking disgusting the last three years. You would never acknowledge that, though.

Hence, conservative troll. On IGNORE! WHEE!!!

You mean they obstructed the bills in congress that even the democrats wont vote for?
post #410 of 597
1. Bring back actual filibustering. None of this fake bullshit we have now. You want to filibuster? Get your ass up there and read from the phone book.

2. What so many of you fucking fail to realize is that the Democratic party does not march in lockstep with one another. There are quite a few conservative Democrats in red states that vote with Republicans quite frequently. Democrats fall in a much wider political spectrum and thus saying that Democrats had such a great majority and couldn't do anything with it only demonstrates your own ignorance.

3.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #411 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The author is not mentally well. He's an extremist liberal, and a deluded Obama lover. Is anybody expecting him to write nice things about Obama's foes? He also writes for the disgusting site called Huffington Post.

Here's the title of a few of his other sloppy and poorly written articles:

How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory

The Case for Obama | Politics News | Rolling Stone

The GOP Jihad BY TIM DICKINSON/ROLLING STONE

The guy loves Obama and that disqualifies him from writing any rational or intelligent article. Obama's presidency has been a disaster so far.

Obama got more donations from Wall Street and the rich than anybody else. Rolling Stone is a joke. The author is basically a liberal troll, writing far left propaganda and Obama cheerleading articles. Rolling Stone is in the pocket for Obama, a truly disgusting magazine for leftist extremists.

Huffington Post is a good internet newspaper to read. You are a right wing nothing!
post #412 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

1. Bring back actual filibustering. None of this fake bullshit we have now. You want to filibuster? Get your ass up there and read from the phone book.

2. What so many of you fucking fail to realize is that the Democratic party does not march in lockstep with one another. There are quite a few conservative Democrats in red states that vote with Republicans quite frequently. Democrats fall in a much wider political spectrum and thus saying that Democrats had such a great majority and couldn't do anything with it only demonstrates your own ignorance.

3. Pretty picture

Summation of BR post.

1. I'm progressive by being a reactionary! Bring back those good old days where we read out of the phone book for filibusters and women and minorities also knew their place! I'll conveniently omit that the Senate is and has been Democratically controlled since 2006.

2. You are all stupid and ignorant.

3. Here's a pretty picture with a quote that shows how smart I am and how dumb you happen to be.

Sorry, not compelling or convincing.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #413 of 597
Two people shot and killed at a Tea Party rally today!

Oh wait, I'm so sorry, silly me. That should of course read: Two people shot and killed at two different Occupy camps today, at Occupy Vermont and Occupy Oakland! The illegal occupiers also broke the leg of an EMT today at Occupy Wall Street. Some reporter also got punched in the head today by a lowlife occupier when they were trying to report on the person who got killed at Occupy Oakland.

What a lovely bunch of people.

Or as the liberal media likes to say, "mostly peaceful".

Obama recently said this about the Occupy movement: “In some ways, they’re not that different from some of the protests that we saw coming from the Tea Party."

Yeah right Mr. President. Besides the murdering, the raping, the vandalism, the disease, the pollution, the drug use, the harassment, the violence and the illegal squatting, these two groups are practically identical!
post #414 of 597
Let us no recall the claims of those on these forums that if a single "Occupier" had a gun, that because of police mistreatment, that many more than that one person would be essentially murdered by the police.

I guess that prediction was wrong as well.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #415 of 597
So here's my question: Why do we have to pay for this?

No, seriously...do taxpayers have to foot the bill forever? And what happens when the demonstrations become public health and safety threats (because they are)? It's time for the Occupy movement to be shut down on those grounds. Freedom of speech does not mean you get to camp out on the sidewalk and urinate on police cars for 3 months.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #416 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Two people shot and killed at a Tea Party rally today!

Oh wait, I'm so sorry, silly me. That should of course read: Two people shot and killed at two different Occupy camps today, at Occupy Vermont and Occupy Oakland! The illegal occupiers also broke the leg of an EMT today at Occupy Wall Street. Some reporter also got punched in the head today by a lowlife occupier when they were trying to report on the person who got killed at Occupy Oakland.

What a lovely bunch of people.

Or as the liberal media likes to say, "mostly peaceful".

Obama recently said this about the Occupy movement: “In some ways, they’re not that different from some of the protests that we saw coming from the Tea Party."

Yeah right Mr. President. Besides the murdering, the raping, the vandalism, the disease, the pollution, the drug use, the harassment, the violence and the illegal squatting, these two groups are practically identical!

Guess what buddy? Your knuckle headed ideas just got picked up, disproven, and thrown in the shitter!

Last night in Portland the protestors recieved a deadline ( 12:01 am ) to leave the parks and because of communication, understanding, and not a heavy handed approach ended peacfully. This happened with a huge potential for innocent bystanders to be harmed ( they estimated at one point there were 5,000 people downtown ) who came to watch. But you don't care apparently who gets hurt.

They're already talking about this as a textbook way to handle this kind of situation.

When you advocate violence in this kind of situation you become as bad as those few individuals who were out of line. Last night a policeman was hit with something thrown from the crowd. The protestors immediately surrounded the individual and threw him into the street saying " Arrest him! ". Some are this morning offering to help with the clean up.



http://www.kgw.com/news/Occupy-Portl...133691833.html

Quote:

Occupy Portland protesters clear streets, retreat to parks
.

I'm watching the news right now and things look even better than in the article I linked for you. There's protestors working side by side with policemen in the cleanup. I'm afraid you just don't have an argument to stand on now. Not that you ever did.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #417 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Guess what buddy? Your knuckle headed ideas just got picked up, disproven, and thrown in the shitter!

Last night in Portland the protestors recieved a deadline ( 12:01 am ) to leave the parks and because of communication, understanding, and not a heavy handed approach ended peacfully. This happened with a huge potential for innocent bystanders to be harmed ( they estimated at one point there were 5,000 people downtown ) who came to watch. But you don't care apparently who gets hurt.

They're already talking about this as a textbook way to handle this kind of situation.

When you advocate violence in this kind of situation you become as bad as those few individuals who were out of line. Last night a policeman was hit with something thrown from the crowd. The protestors immediately surrounded the individual and threw him into the street saying " Arrest him! ". Some are this morning offering to help with the clean up.



http://www.kgw.com/news/Occupy-Portl...133691833.html


I'm watching the news right now and things look even better than in the article I linked for you. I'm afraid you just don't have an argument to stand on now. Not that you ever did.

What the hell are you talking about? He didn't call for violence, he described violence at the Occupy protests.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #418 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

What the hell are you talking about? He didn't call for violence, he described violence at the Occupy protests.

Ah! Here we are again with you sticking your two cents in when you haven't read the entire thread!

Here's a quote from Apple II and it's just one there's more if you want it.

Quote:
I fully support the situation getting ugly, as a matter of fact, I look forward to it. I also support the police using live rounds, if the situation calls for it. I don't care what happens to thugs and violent people who are looking for a fight.

It matters not how angry those bum protesters are. What they are doing isn't very democratic, and a group of angry bums making outrageous demands is not the way that civilized or intelligent people behave.

The majority of the idiot protesters voted for Obama, and now that they don't like what hope and change has brought them, they camp out on streets like a bunch of dirty bums. Most of them will probably vote for Obama next time too, and their situation will only get worse.

Bring on the riots. Liberals, socialists and hippies will always lose. They don't have the firepower, they don't have the strength and they don't have the law on their side.

Really SDW? Really? Guys like this give conservatives a bad name. But it's true someone doesn't know what they're talking about.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #419 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

But you don't care apparently who gets hurt.

I basically care about people who are not a part of the protest, such as police, innocent people working nearby, but nope, I don't care about the protesters at all.

You seem to be proud of the fact that you managed to link to a particular protest which was able to behave itself for a few hours. You should give those protesters a cookie.

Here's another woman raped #occupy Philly recently.

http://www.breitbart.tv/woman-raped-...yphiladelphia/
post #420 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Ah! Here we are again with you sticking your two cents in when you haven't read the entire thread!

Force is the appropriate solution when dealing with violent people and illegal groups who refuse to obey by the law. The police should have cleared out every single occupy camp in every single city a long time ago.

Some of the efforts are being hampered by liberal mayors who are sympathetic to the violent occupiers.

It's only a matter of time. It'll probably take a few more rapes, some more dead people and some more violence, but it'll happen. Most of the occupy groups will be gone soon.
post #421 of 597
Police officers attacked at occupy SF march.

Police say a woman emerged from the crowd and attacked one of the officers with what was described as an exacto blade attached to a pen or pencil like object. She allegedly slashed the inside of the officers hand and ran back into the crowd before the officer had time to realize he had been cut.

So now the animals are running around slashing police officers. That's another thing that the protesters can add to their long list of violent accomplishments.

How much longer will the animals be allowed to run free?

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=2280
post #422 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Force is the appropriate solution when dealing with violent people and illegal groups who refuse to obey by the law. The police should have cleared out every single occupy camp in every single city a long time ago.

Some of the efforts are being hampered by liberal mayors who are sympathetic to the violent occupiers.

It's only a matter of time. It'll probably take a few more rapes, some more dead people and some more violence, but it'll happen. Most of the occupy groups will be gone soon.

I guess you just don't get it. You've already been disproven. The reason the other places turned violent was because of heavy handedness. The Portland police got the people out of the parks with no shots fired ( real or rubber ) no tear gas. There were about 50 arrests ( that's out of thousands ). You know the nut jobs who wanted to turn this violent.

So after this you're just typing for nothing. We already know you have a lot of anger and can't stand people with opinions different from yours. So much so you'd rather deprive them of their rights and just use a gun to get your subjective point across.

And really you seem to be going on the assumption that the protestors don't have a point as well.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #423 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Police officers attacked at occupy SF march.

Police say a woman emerged from the crowd and attacked one of the officers with what was described as an exacto blade attached to a pen or pencil like object. She allegedly slashed the inside of the officers hand and ran back into the crowd before the officer had time to realize he had been cut.

So now the animals are running around slashing police officers. That's another thing that the protesters can add to their long list of violent accomplishments.

How much longer will the animals be allowed to run free?

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=2280

Well here's what happened in Portland where the city used a different approach :

Quote:
Officer injured, protesters shove suspect to police

Quote:
Witnesses said it appeared that something – possibly a bottle – was thrown at police and hit one officer in the leg. Officers surrounded their injured peer and mounted patrols moved in quickly to protect him. Then, he was loaded onto a stretcher and taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Meanwhile, the protesters themselves delivered the suspect to police, shoving him out of their crowd toward the line of officers. Suspect Cameron Scott Matta, 23, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, interfering with a police officer and harassment. He appeared to have a small head wound. (See mug shot photo top, right)

http://www.kgw.com/news/1-officer-hu...133769313.html

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #424 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I guess you just don't get it. You've already been disproven. The reason the other places turned violent was because of heavy handedness. The Portland police got the people out of the parks with no shots fired ( real or rubber ) no tear gas. There were about 50 arrests ( that's out of thousands ). You know the nut jobs who wanted to turn this violent.

So after this you're just typing for nothing. We already know you have a lot of anger and can't stand people with opinions different from yours. So much so you'd rather deprive them of their rights and just use a gun to get your subjective point across.

And really you seem to be going on the assumption that the protestors don't have a point as well.

It must be sad to be unable to comprehend reality because everyone you disagree with is wrong via bad intentions. He isn't wrong because of reality. Reality has more than proven him right. The media doesn't even want to report on any occupy problems and the protesters themselves are keeping them quite yet we have rapes, murders, drugs, disease outbreaks, you name it all occurring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well here's what happened in Portland where the city used a different approach :

http://www.kgw.com/news/1-officer-hu...133769313.html


That wasn't a different approach. The Occupy protesters never left because the mayor there doesn't mind them there but wants to claim attempts at a solution so the city voters don't end up tossing the incumbents out in the next election.

Meanwhile here are four articles that note what I have mentioned and of course do a much better job of explaining it. This is about the gigantic pipe that feeds large portions of the blue coalition going broke, running on empty and causing them to rise up against the broken promises.

Why Dems Can't Quit Occupy Wall Street

Quote:
The Occupy protests are about jobs. The Occupiers are unemployed and they tend to have a certain class of college degree and cannot find a certain class of job. Anderson strikes close to the heart of the problem with Blue Inequality:

The lower tier is in a different situation and always has been. It is characterized by status-income disequilibrium, to borrow from David Brooks; it cultivates the sensibilities of the upper tier New Class, but does not have the ability to globalize its rent extraction. The helping professions, the professions of therapeutic authoritarianism (the social workers as well as the public safety workers), the virtuecrats, the regulatory class, etc., have a problem — they mostly service and manage individuals, the client-consumers of the welfare state. Their rents are not leveraged very much, certainly not globally, and are limited to what amounts to an hourly wage. The method of ramping up wages, however, is through public employee unions and their own special ability to access the public-private divide. But, as everyone understands, that model no longer works, because it has overreached and overleveraged, to the point that even the system’s most sympathetic politicians understand that it cannot pay up.

The upper tier is still doing pretty well. But the lower tier of the New Class — the machine by which universities trained young people to become minor regulators and then delivered them into white collar positions on the basis of credentials in history, political science, literature, ethnic and women’s studies — with or without the benefit of law school — has broken down. The supply is uninterrupted, but the demand has dried up. The agony of the students getting dumped at the far end of the supply chain is in large part the OWS.

The part Anderson likely gets wrong is the part about “everyone” knowing the model no longer works. As Mead wrote pre-OWS, the Blue Model was very much about selling people security within that model. And while it’s true that model has been crumbling for some time, the establishment was still selling gullible youngsters on the dream of permanent jobs, however much Matt Welch might be correct in calling them on it (the dysfunction of higher education fuels this phenomenon).

This group is exactly who's jobs were "saved or supported" by the Obama stimulus and why Obama was so desperate to go for round two. Now that he can't deliver it, all the folks earning their money telling us what to eat, yelling at us about our sensitivity levels and crafting posters reminding us to compost are increasingly out of jobs.

The previous article quoted a second article and within it is highlighted the plight of a typical OWS "victim."


Quote:
Even more frightening is the young woman who graduated from UC Berkeley, wanting to work in “sustainable conservation.” She is now raising chickens at home, dying wool and knitting knick-knacks to sell at craft fairs. Her husband has been studying criminal justice and EMT — i.e., preparing to work for government in some of California’s hitherto most lucrative positions — but as those work possibilities have dried up, he is hedging with a (sensible) apprenticeship as an electrician. These young people are looking at serious downward mobility, in income as well as status. The prospects of the lower tier New Class semi-professionals are dissolving at an alarming rate. Student loan debt is a large part of its problems, but that’s essentially a cost question accompanying a loss of demand for these professionals’ services.

The OWS protestors are a revolt — a shrill, cri-de-coeur wail at the betrayal of class solidarity — of the lower tier New Class against the upper tier New Class. It was, after all, the upper tier New Class, the private-public finance consortium, that created the student loan business and inflated the bubble in which these lower tier would-be professionals borrowed the money. It’s a securitization machine, not so very different from the subprime mortgage machine. The asset bubble pops, but the upper tier New Class, having insulated itself and, as with subprime, having taken its cut upfront and passed the risk along, is still doing pretty well. It’s not populism versus the bankers so much as internecine warfare between two tiers of elites.

All those state paid documentary film makers, those receiving grants to spend years crafting art exhibits and models, those who run empowerment seminars based largely on self-esteem and disadvantaged groups, well they've got largely worthless degrees and a crapload of student loans. They were promised they could largely feed off the state teat and spread their good intentions and enlightenment forever and now, well they're 25, broke and living at home with the parents.

David Brooks, who I seldom agree with gets is about three-quarters right as he weighs in here with "The Wrong Inequity."

Quote:
These two forms of inequality exist in modern America. They are related but different. Over the past few months, attention has shifted almost exclusively to Blue Inequality.

That’s because the protesters and media people who cover them tend to live in or near the big cities, where the top 1 percent is so evident. That’s because the liberal arts majors like to express their disdain for the shallow business and finance majors who make all the money. That’s because it is easier to talk about the inequality of stock options than it is to talk about inequalities of family structure, child rearing patterns and educational attainment. That’s because many people are wedded to the notion that our problems are caused by an oppressive privileged class that perpetually keeps its boot stomped on the neck of the common man.

But the fact is that Red Inequality is much more important. The zooming wealth of the top 1 percent is a problem, but it’s not nearly as big a problem as the tens of millions of Americans who have dropped out of high school or college. It’s not nearly as big a problem as the 40 percent of children who are born out of wedlock. It’s not nearly as big a problem as the nation’s stagnant human capital, its stagnant social mobility and the disorganized social fabric for the bottom 50 percent.

If your ultimate goal is to reduce inequality, then you should be furious at the doctors, bankers and C.E.O.’s. If your goal is to expand opportunity, then you have a much bigger and different agenda.


Occupy Blue Street is a lengthy but insightful read.


Quote:
What all three groups share is a burning desire for more: a hunger and demand for ever larger amounts of government revenue and power. Money and power for the government enable the upper middle class good government types to dream up new schemes to help us all live better lives and give government the resources for the various social, ecological and cultural transformations on the ever-expandable goo-goo to-do list that range from a global carbon tax to fair trade coffee cooperatives and the war on saturated fat. All these programs (some useful in the Via Meadia view, others much less so) require a transfer of funds and authority from society at large to well-socialized, well-credentialed and well-intentioned upper middle class types who get six figure salaries to make sure the rest of us behave in accordance with their rapidly evolving notions of correct behavior.

A bit more.....

Quote:
Blue, government-oriented Wall Street; the professional do-gooders and the progressive intellectual and foundation establishment; the unionized government workforce; and the beneficiaries of social programs: this is the blue coalition. Many blue partisans don’t fully get this; they think of Wall Street as the enemy without fully grasping the essential role that the financial community plays in the creation and administration of blue policy. The participation in and support of blue social and economic policies by American finance both enables and shapes those policies, and it was the belief on Wall Street in the 1940s and 1950s that the blue social model provided the most effective path for national economic development that created the postwar commonwealth, which many blue activists today hope to restore.

That blue political coalition was the natural party of government of the United States between FDR’s inauguration in 1933 and Ronald Reagan’s accession to power in 1981. It remains the dominant force in most American cities and the deep blue states from New England to the Pacific, though from state to state and place to place the relative strength of the coalition members shifts.

In its earlier, more functional state, the blue political structure matched the economic structure of the United States reasonably well. The Depression and World War II created a situation in which a small number of large companies, pretty well tied into the government by regulatory controls and laws that kept competitors out of the marketplace, dominated the economy. With other world economies smashed flat by the war and the international financial system small and tightly controlled, the US government could control the macroeconomic environment much more effectively than it can now. Cheap foreign labor was not a factor – and immigration was, until the 1960s, still tightly restricted under the quota system.

Under those circumstances, the blue social model could satisfy key interests on Wall Street and in the general population, dividing the rents of monopoly (AT&T) and oligopoly (oil companies, airlines, television networks, money center banks) between management, shareholders and workers, with the government taking its share. These days the model doesn’t work as well, partly because of changes in the international and national economy that I’ve discussed in earlier posts.

But the key fact for places like New York today is that as the model falters, the constituencies who support it are turning on one another.


The Blue Model he writes about earlier and refers to is here as well.


Demanding an older model not crumble and that people raise their own taxes to fund a bad solution for a longer period of time simply won't happen.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #425 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It must be sad to be unable to comprehend reality because everyone you disagree with is wrong via bad intentions. He isn't wrong because of reality. Reality has more than proven him right. The media doesn't even want to report on any occupy problems and the protesters themselves are keeping them quite yet we have rapes, murders, drugs, disease outbreaks, you name it all occurring.



That wasn't a different approach. The Occupy protesters never left because the mayor there doesn't mind them there but wants to claim attempts at a solution so the city voters don't end up tossing the incumbents out in the next election.

Meanwhile here are four articles that note what I have mentioned and of course do a much better job of explaining it. This is about the gigantic pipe that feeds large portions of the blue coalition going broke, running on empty and causing them to rise up against the broken promises.

Why Dems Can't Quit Occupy Wall Street



This group is exactly who's jobs were "saved or supported" by the Obama stimulus and why Obama was so desperate to go for round two. Now that he can't deliver it, all the folks earning their money telling us what to eat, yelling at us about our sensitivity levels and crafting posters reminding us to compost are increasingly out of jobs.

The previous article quoted a second article and within it is highlighted the plight of a typical OWS "victim."




All those state paid documentary film makers, those receiving grants to spend years crafting art exhibits and models, those who run empowerment seminars based largely on self-esteem and disadvantaged groups, well they've got largely worthless degrees and a crapload of student loans. They were promised they could largely feed off the state teat and spread their good intentions and enlightenment forever and now, well they're 25, broke and living at home with the parents.

David Brooks, who I seldom agree with gets is about three-quarters right as he weighs in here with "The Wrong Inequity."



Occupy Blue Street is a lengthy but insightful read.




A bit more.....



The Blue Model he writes about earlier and refers to is here as well.


Demanding an older model not crumble and that people raise their own taxes to fund a bad solution for a longer period of time simply won't happen.

Well it's true that if what you post here is any indication on how you really view life. You disagree with the experts on almost every subject. You disagree with the facts no matter how they are presented to you. You're king of the long post that signifies little I'll give you that. And apparently you're immortal!

I'd say it's you who doesn't have a firm grasp on reality.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #426 of 597
My predictions are coming true!

The NYPD moved in on occupy wall street a few hours ago, using a ton of riot police, tear gas and they even used a sound weapon which I suggested using earlier in this thread.

They're finally taking out the trash, and it's long overdue. Tents are being ripped down and the entire park is being cleansed.

I read that some idiots chained themselves to a tree, so the cops just cut down the tree.

There's a steady stream of sanitation trucks moving in and out, helping to get rid of the trash.

The belongings of the bum protesters are ending up in the back of garbage trucks.
post #427 of 597
They will not stop us. This is our Velvet Revolution.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #428 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Are you disputing that Obama got more money from the rich, Wall Street and big businesses than anybody else?

The poor and many Obama voters are the people who are hurting most from Obama's presidency so far. What is the unemployment figure again? Who's camping out in parks like homeless bums? What is the percentage of black (Obama's most hardcore supporters) unemployment again?

Obama even wants to tax X-mas trees now.

Obama has been terrible for business, terrible for working people and terrible for poor people.

He's basically been bad for the USA, generally speaking, and things are worse now than before.

Obama is a die hard Socialist.He is for big government constantly and puts on a facade about he for the middle class and poor.Obama is destined for a one time president.Unfortunately in the GOP Party there is no one decent running.
post #429 of 597
You aren't using the word Socialist correctly. I still think that you are a troll.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #430 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Ah! Here we are again with you sticking your two cents in when you haven't read the entire thread!

Here's a quote from Apple II and it's just one there's more if you want it.



Really SDW? Really? Guys like this give conservatives a bad name. But it's true someone doesn't know what they're talking about.

I stand corrected on that one. I've been in and out of the thread and didn't see that.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #431 of 597
I do not applaud the use of force and aggression against peaceful people.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #432 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Unfortunately in the GOP Party there is no one decent running.

This is the major concern for the US that everyone seems to be forgetting. Sure, throw out Obama like the Occupy protesters. But... who are ya gonna replace Obama with?

Honestly, the standard of intelligence and global awareness of the Republican front-runners of the past decade has been dismal at best. Bush junior took it to a real low but it hasn't picked up much since.
post #433 of 597
If the Democrats dumped Obama and ran Hillary instead they would coast through the election.
post #434 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

This is the major concern for the US that everyone seems to be forgetting. Sure, throw out Obama like the Occupy protesters. But... who are ya gonna replace Obama with?

Honestly, the standard of intelligence and global awareness of the Republican front-runners of the past decade has been dismal at best. Bush junior took it to a real low but it hasn't picked up much since.

There are plenty of reasonable Republicans who can replace Obama. Even if some of them may not be my primary choice, they certainly are qualified. Perry may not debate well but he has much more executive experience and runs the state of Texas. Romney was governor of Massachusetts and has a ton of business experience. Newt Gingrich pretty much has no debate equal,would destroy Obama in any debate, and is former Speaker of the House. Etc, etc.

All of them have much more ability, experience and actually come off better than Obama. The only way Obama even compares is when all the liberal media talking heads are extolling his virtues for hours on end after the actual events. The man has a marginal academic record, was never published as a professor, was an undistinguished state rep and Senator, and aside from a couple books, (which likely were ghost written) has nothing of extraordinary about his work or academic background. He can't give a good speech period in my opinion, but seems to earn raves when reading off a teleprompter. His policies have been disastrous.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #435 of 597
From Bergermeister's link:



"Taxes are ridiculously low!" says Bruce Bartlett, an architect of Reagan's 1981 tax cut. "And yet the mantra of the Republican Party is 'Tax cuts raise growth.' So – where's the fucking growth?"

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz1dqEU5jdQ
post #436 of 597
Weren't jobs supposed to come from all the accumulated wealth amongst the, what was that label... oh, the "job-creators"?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #437 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

They will not stop us. This is our Velvet Revolution.

post #438 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Weren't jobs supposed to come from all the accumulated wealth amongst the, what was that label... oh, the "job-creators"?

The government meddling in the free market has created too much uncertainty. People who have weath to invest are not doing so for fear they will not receive returns on their investments.

Also, keeping interest rates artificially low also encourages debt and discourages saving (and by extension REAL spending) when we need the exact opposite.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #439 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Weren't jobs supposed to come from all the accumulated wealth amongst the, what was that label... oh, the "job-creators"?

No, not at all. That was never the claim.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #440 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

From Bergermeister's link:



"Taxes are ridiculously low!" says Bruce Bartlett, an architect of Reagan's 1981 tax cut. "And yet the mantra of the Republican Party is 'Tax cuts raise growth.' So where's the fucking growth?"

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz1dqEU5jdQ

An outlier graphed on some arbitrary spot tells us nothing. Why doesn't it go to 1980 if Reagan was the cause? Why not go back to the 60's and show the graph if the proper policies were yielding the proper result?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)