or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)

Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded) - Page 14

post #521 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Why not trumpy? You do that all the time. And if you say " No not me " you know I can look up examples.

PS. Your buddy SDW does that also ( think spelling Bee ).

You may indeed find a post or two where I give a bit of what I am given. However you'll never find a post where I just attack people and points without trying to engage the ideas. That is what BR is doing here. He doesn't even attempt to address the substance of the irony. Claiming the cartoon and by proxy the person posting it are intellectual dishonest means he's just screaming liar and walking away from it. The people in the OWS movement are indeed demanding more government while being harmed by the very entity they are demanding action from. If it were a church and the HIV virus he'd be screaming bloody murder. Here he fails to see people suffering from their own delusions.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #522 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

After getting mic checked at today's speech, Mr. President was handed a note and the AP got some AWESOME photos of him reading it.

http://paid2see.tumblr.com/post/1316...k-obama-a-note

Remember why whenever we see a sign from a Tea Party protester and it has a spelling error it is proof they are all idiots?

Well what about a note with a bunch of spelling errors and a crapload of fragments?

post #523 of 597
Quote:

You see his supporters ( like myself ) aren't happy with what he's done. He hasn't been nearly hard enough on the Republicans or focused on the issues in the right order.

There's that "hasn't been hard enough" line. Apparently governing in the most hyper-partisan and intellectually dishonest way isn't good enough.

Quote:

However we also realize electing any of the GOP candidates would be a disaster for our country at a time we don't need another. So better Obama than one of that group. It's an easy call.

Why? How do you support that? Do you even know what they are proposing? I don't think you do. All of them are proposing reductions in government spending, tax reform, regulatory reform and energy independence to stimulate the economy. Do you disagree with these ideas? The fact is that no matter how disgraceful and horrendous this President has been, you cannot bring yourself to even consider voting for a Republican. That's because your blindly partisan.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #524 of 597

post #525 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

There's that "hasn't been hard enough" line. Apparently governing in the most hyper-partisan and intellectually dishonest way isn't good enough.

Between the Republicans and Obama, every time you call Obama the "hyper-partisan" one, an angel dies.
post #526 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Between the Republicans and Obama, every time you call Obama the "hyper-partisan" one, an angel dies.

Refute it. He calls out Republicans in almost every speech. When the GOP doesn't want to rubber stamp his absurd proposals, he has a temper tantrum and calls them every name in the book. He's practically Nixon.
post #527 of 597
Governments are now calling "Occupy" protesters a domestic terrorist threat

Now the gloves are off. The government is throwing around the "terror" word. You know, the word they've used to justify invading Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya and slaughtering hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

All people have the right to peacefully assemble and petition their government for redress of grievances.

I may not agree with what some of the "Occupy" protesters are saying, but if we don't defend to the death their right to say it, we'll be next.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #528 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Now the gloves are off. The government is throwing around the "terror" word. You know, the word they've used to justify invading Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya and slaughtering hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

All people have the right to peacefully assemble and petition their government for redress of grievances.

I may not agree with what some of the "Occupy" protesters are saying, but if we don't defend to the death their right to say it, we'll be next.

Jazzgrew I'm, I'm about to read your link, but let me just quickly say that you provided an excellent link in The Independent. You'll probably know already I'm not im
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #529 of 597
Quote:

Jazzgrew I'm, I'm about to read your link, but let me just quickly say that you provided an excellent link in The Independent. You'll probably know already I'm not impressed by What'sUpWithThatClimateChangeChicElitist.com but this link is really worth while.

...keep it up!

post #530 of 597
Cleveland rocks! Council votes 18-1 to officially recognize and support the goals of the Occupy movement!

Quote:
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF CLEVELAND:

Section 1.
That this Council recognizes and supports the principles of the Occupy Movement and the
peaceful and lawful exercise of the First Amendment as a cherished andfundamental right in the effort to seek solutions for economically distressed Americans at thefederal, state and local levels.

Section 2.
That this Council commits to working with the Jackson administration tocontinue taking steps to minimize economic insecurity and destructive disparities in the City of Cleveland.

Section 3.
That this Council requests our Congressional leaders generate solutions for economically distressed Americans.

Section 4.
That the Clerk of Council is directed to transmit copies of this resolution toPresident Barack Obama and all members of the U.S. Congress. .

Section 5.
That this resolution is hereby declared to be an emergency measure and, provided it receives the affirmative vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to Council, itshall take effect and be in force immediately upon its adoption and approval by the Mayor;otherwise, it shall take effect and be in force from and after the earliest period allowed by law.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #531 of 597
Quote:

They have the right to say whatever they want, no matter how idiotic or stupid their comments are.

However, they have no right to illegally occupy anything, and force is a 100% appropriate and acceptable method to remove the scoundrels.
post #532 of 597
Quote:

Cleveland rocks! Council votes 18-1 to officially recognize and support the goals of the Occupy movement!

Totally inappropriate. And Cleveland is a hole. I've been there, believe me. There are probably more protesters than people in the city itself. Go to Lakewood sometime. You'll want to off yourself.
post #533 of 597
Quote:

I will both agree and disagree on this one. First, using the "T" word is over the top...agreed. But I disagree that they are "peacefully assembling to redress grievances." They are camping out, occupying public and private lands, creating health and safety hazards, disrupting commerce and free movement of others, destroying private property and costing taxpayers millions. Protests are fine and perfectly appropriate. You want to assemble tens of thousands of people at the Reflecting Pool, great. You want to get a few hundred people together with signs and go to City Hall...great. You don't get to set up Druggie Santa's Workshop and built a little community with your merry band of elves.
post #534 of 597
According to the government, the Fort Hood massacre was "workplace violence", but Occupy protesters are "terrorists".

post #535 of 597
Quote:

Why? How do you support that? Do you even know what they are proposing? I don't think you do. All of them are proposing reductions in government spending, tax reform, regulatory reform and energy independence to stimulate the economy. Do you disagree with these ideas? The fact is that no matter how disgraceful and horrendous this President has been, you cannot bring yourself to even consider voting for a Republican. That's because your blindly partisan.

Quote:
blindly partisan

Yes. I agree you are.

Quote:
The fact is that no matter how disgraceful and horrendous this President has been, you cannot bring yourself to even consider voting for a Republican

Why would I want to? All of teir candidates are a joke and stand for everything that's wrong with the GOP these days starting with Newt! The original Neocon.

Well let's see what's the latest from the party that has learned when it comes to Democrats they just say " No "? Oh yes it's this :
Quote:
Senate blocks nominee to lead financial protection agency

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...tection-agency

Just imagine if the the tables wewre turned and the Democrats adopted this policy? Nothing in government would get done ever!

But don't worry the reward that the GOP richly deserves is coming up in their future.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #536 of 597
Quote:

According to the government, the Fort Hood massacre was "workplace violence", but Occupy protesters are "terrorists".

Oh that's Obama not wanting to admit that Fort Hood was islamic terrorism.
post #537 of 597
Quote:

Yes. I agree you are.

That was original.

Quote:

Why would I want to? All of teir candidates are a joke and stand for everything that's wrong with the GOP these days starting with Newt! The original Neocon.

A joke? That is flatly wrong:

Mitt Romney: Holds a joint JD/MBA from Harvard Business and Law. CEO of Bain Capital. Organized and saved the 2002 Winter Olympics. Former GOP Governor of Massachusetts, eliminating a projected $3 Billion shortfall while implementing a healthcare plan you 1) claim is the same as Obama's and 2) support.

Newt Gingrich: B.A., M.A. and Ph.d in History. Member of Congress, Speaker of the House, noted author and historian. Implemented welfare reform and balanced budgets during what you perceive as "the glory years." Responsible for pushing through largest capital gains tax cut in history. Force behind passage of Congressional Accountability Act, subjecting members of Congress to laws they pass. Author of the Contract with America.

Now, if you don't support either one of these men because of their negatives, or even their party--that's understandable. But neither is a joke. From any sane perspective, the fact that we elected a completely unqualified community organizer as POTUS is the real joke.

Quote:

Well let's see what's the latest from the party that has learned when it comes to Democrats they just say " No "? Oh yes it's this :

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...tection-agency

Or maybe it's this? "Senate Republicans had spoken against the nomination, reflecting their concerns about the creation of the bureau, which was established in last year's Wall Street reform bill.". No, it couldn't possibly be they simply have concerns. Not at all.

Quote:

Just imagine if the the tables wewre turned and the Democrats adopted this policy? Nothing in government would get done ever!

But don't worry the reward that the GOP richly deserves is coming up in their future.

Glad you brought that up. Question: Does Obama deserve reelection?
post #538 of 597
Go Pittsburgh! It has been brought to my attention that they also officially support the Occupy movement.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #539 of 597
Quote:

Go Pittsburgh! It has been brought to my attention that they also officially support the Occupy movement.

What are they supporting? And shouldn't these cities also support Tea Party protestors?
post #540 of 597
Quote:

What are they supporting? And shouldn't these cities also support Tea Party protestors?

To answer your first question, read the fucking text.

Quote:
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Council of the City of Pittsburgh does support and declare solidarity with Occupy Pittsburgh and the Occupy Wall Street movement, exercising First Amendment rights in a free, open, peaceful, and productive manner, toward the better condition of our citizens and of these United States.

To answer your second question, the Tea Party was not beaten or pepper sprayed. They didn't need resolutions passed stating that it's cool for them to hang out in their silly hats with their guns they frequently brought to rallies and their signs demanding the government stay out of their medicare. The police weren't brutalizing them.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #541 of 597
Quote:

To answer your first question, read the fucking text.

I did, you ass.

Quote:

To answer your second question, the Tea Party was not beaten or pepper sprayed. They didn't need resolutions passed stating that it's cool for them to hang out in their silly hats with their guns they frequently brought to rallies and their signs demanding the government stay out of their medicare. The police weren't brutalizing them.

Yes, the Tea Party is flu of ignorant morons just like you describe. They are not supported because they are racist, idiotic fools. Got it. Of course, maybe they weren't pepper sprayed because they weren't fucking setting up base camp on public and private land, doing drugs, shitting on police cars, hurling racial epithets and serving as the best ad for Dial® soap that one could imagine.
post #542 of 597
Quote:

I did, you ass.

Yes, the Tea Party is flu of ignorant morons just like you describe. They are not supported because they are racist, idiotic fools. Got it. Of course, maybe they weren't pepper sprayed because they weren't fucking setting up base camp on public and private land, doing drugs, shitting on police cars, hurling racial epithets and serving as the best ad for Dial® soap that one could imagine.

BR was just schooled.

Isn't it crazy how cause and effect are some sort of foreign concept here?

"No one pepper sprayed the Tea Party!!!!"

"Did the Tea Party surround a bunch of cops, demand they release people already arrested and declare they weren't going to let them leave until they complied with their demands?"

The Tea Party didn't surround and threaten the cops and AMAZINGLY, they didn't get pepper sprayed! It's also like pepper spraying someone is a REACTION to their ACTIONS.

I guess causality is some sort of 1% concept made up to keep people down and oppressed.

Here's a fun bit.
A future Democratic presidential candidate, (He's got the proper community organizer cred) is breaking into foreclosed homes and "giving" them to families.

The phrase that pays......

There's always technicalities involved in it. But the fact of the matter is if there's empty homes, they should be filled with families that need them.

Property ownership, that's a technicality. The mob will rid you of that technicality and your understanding of it very quickly.

post #543 of 597
Mom of the year puts 4 year old daughter on train tracks for protest.

The real problem in the world today is that Newt Gingrich wants to pay kids money for emptying wastebaskets.

post #544 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Mom of the year puts 4 year old daughter on train tracks for protest.

The real problem in the world today is that Newt Gingrich wants to pay kids money for emptying wastebaskets.

and and

she should have been charged with child endangerment and they should all be arrested and charged for disrupting commerce.
post #545 of 597
Oh, look: Now LA will have to make budget cuts because of the costs associated with the Occupy movement. http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...cupy-la-costs/

Funny how every time a Republican wants to balance a budget by cutting, they are heartless and hate the poor. They don't want to pay teachers! They want people to starve! They are immoral! But there's nothing to see here. These protestors just helped take money from some of the very same people they claim to support.

Move along....
post #546 of 597
The police did not have to be called in to storm trooper their way through the encampments. There could have simply been zero additional costs.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #547 of 597
Quote:

The police did not have to be called in to storm trooper their way through the encampments. There could have simply been zero additional costs.

Lie. It's not all police. It's waste removal. And the police were needed to keep the protestors from murdering and raping each other, so yeah.
post #548 of 597
Waste removal was only necessary once the storm troopers destroyed the protesters' encampments and gear after unnecessarily using chemical weapons and extremely violent force against the peacefully gathered.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #549 of 597
And he thinks my beliefs are based in fiction.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #550 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

And he thinks my beliefs are based in fiction.

I know, really. How he even posted that last bit with a straight face is beyond me.
post #551 of 597
I watched it happen in New York live. There were several citizen journalists filming it. There's one thing that I have which you and Frank lack--EVIDENCE.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #552 of 597
Quote:

I watched it happen in New York live. There were several citizen journalists filming it. There's one thing that I have which you and Frank lack--EVIDENCE.

Let me get this straight: You are actually claiming that clean-up would have been unnecessary if the police didn't break up the camps?
post #553 of 597
Quote:

Let me get this straight: You are actually claiming that clean-up would have been unnecessary if the police didn't break up the camps?

Yes. Prior to the first eviction notice over the allegedly unclean conditions of the New York City Occupy location, the occupiers themselves formed clean-up crews to keep up the park's sanitation. Furthermore, the city refused to allow the installation of portable toilets (WHICH WERE DONATED AND READY TO BE PLACED). Strange how it was only after these portable toilets were denied that Fox News (and the political outsider echochamber consisting of SDW, et al) started harping on protesters allegedly shitting or peeing everywhere. What a really weird coincidence.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #554 of 597
Quote:

Yes. Prior to the first eviction notice over the allegedly unclean conditions of the New York City Occupy location, the occupiers themselves formed clean-up crews to keep up the park's sanitation.

I have no doubt that's true, but I also have no doubt that overall sanitation was not good.

Quote:

Furthermore, the city refused to allow the installation of portable toilets (WHICH WERE DONATED AND READY TO BE PLACED). Strange how it was only after these portable toilets were denied that Fox News (and the political outsider echochamber consisting of SDW, et al) started harping on protesters allegedly shitting or peeing everywhere. What a really weird coincidence.

Right BR, go with that narrative. Just keep making crap up. See, people only defecated on police cars because there were no public toilets, which apparently the city is obligated to provide. Even if donated, they are not obligated to help people camp out. That's not protesting. It's illegal.
post #555 of 597
If you have a problem with people judging the whole tea party movement based on the actions of what you say are a few isolated nutters, you don't get to do the same with the Occupy movement.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #556 of 597
Quote:

If you have a problem with people judging the whole tea party movement based on the actions of what you say are a few isolated nutters, you don't get to do the same with the Occupy movement.

No, they were not "isolated nutters" at all in Occupy, and I think you know it. I'm not saying it was the majority, but there were many cases of:
  • Anti-semitic rants
  • Anti-capitlist rants
  • Calls to "eat" the rich
  • Public urination, defecation
  • Drug use
  • Rape
  • Murder

Contrast that with the nearly zero confirmed cases of racism in the Tea Party. Funny, I didn't even hear about ANY of the above from the liberal media when the Tea Party was demonstrating. The TP had many thousands more people, and virtually none of the above. Yet, the movements are comparable. Righto.
post #557 of 597
Quote:

This is a complete lie. The protesters were attempting to "occupy" streets, bridges and buildings.

Quote:

Waste removal was only necessary once the storm troopers destroyed the protesters' encampments and gear after unnecessarily using chemical weapons and extremely violent force against the peacefully gathered.

This is a second lie. The police were necessary for a multitude of reasons. There were thefts, rapes, sexual assaults, murders even within the "occupy" campsites. That doesn't even begin to address the barricades and other items necessary to get them to place nice with their neighbors.

Quote:

They are under no obligation to present an objective view. They are activists with cellphones who will say and do anything to help their cause. It is very clear based off the pepper spray footage here in California that those in the "occupy" movement will say and do anything to advance their agenda.

Quote:

Yes. Prior to the first eviction notice over the allegedly unclean conditions of the New York City Occupy location, the occupiers themselves formed clean-up crews to keep up the park's sanitation. Furthermore, the city refused to allow the installation of portable toilets (WHICH WERE DONATED AND READY TO BE PLACED). Strange how it was only after these portable toilets were denied that Fox News (and the political outsider echochamber consisting of SDW, et al) started harping on protesters allegedly shitting or peeing everywhere. What a really weird coincidence.

The park was not of size and nature to be used in such a manner. Camping is not speech. The allegations of excessive noise, lawlessness and trash started far before what you claim. You only became aware of it at that point because the pretty tune and picture on the pretty mainstream media sources changed and likewise the nice almost exclusively Democratic mayors in most of these blue state big cities had to address how filthy, nasty and lawless these actions had become.

Quote:

The occupy movement as a whole never took permits, never paid for the use of facilities, never actually engaged in speech instead of trying to camp or seize property and this was true of all the movements. They wanted to "exist" until their actual grievances could sort of bubble through the filth and rise to sort of collective consciousness. In actuality there have been reports from sources you don't care to READ because they don't involve cartoons, jokes and belittling ideas instead of addressing them and they clearly link the perma-protester leadership to Democratic sources.

post #558 of 597
Hey Trumptman, I thought "being tough on crime" was a clarion call amongst conservatives? The actions of Occupy Wall Street (or what you have read in the corporate media about it) that seem to enrage you so much are tiny and insignificant in the world of criminality.

If you have to employ diatribe, how about engaging the humungous and ongoing crime spree in the financial and banking sectors and big business in general. Or does that challenge make you feel uncomfortable?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #559 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Hey Trumptman, I thought "being tough on crime" was a clarion call amongst conservatives? The actions of Occupy Wall Street (or what you have read in the corporate media about it) that seem to enrage you so much are tiny and insignificant in the world of criminality.

If you have to employ diatribe, how about engaging the humungous and ongoing crime spree in the financial and banking sectors and big business in general. Or does that challenge make you feel uncomfortable?

A Really good point sammi!
post #560 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I'm sure if you are reading my posts rather than just ranting, you'd see I've said the banks are providing cover for corrupt government. You fix crony capitalism by demanding the biggest piece of the pie aka government get out o the business of distributing everything. When government is always the solution it is also always the problem.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)