or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)

Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded) - Page 15

post #561 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'm sure if you are reading my posts rather than just ranting, you'd see I've said the banks are providing cover for corrupt government. You fix crony capitalism by demanding the biggest piece of the pie aka government get out o the business of distributing everything. When government is always the solution it is also always the problem.

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. The "corrupt government" is doing the bidding of their corporate and bankster masters... hence the apt adjective "corrupt". You don't have to make excuses for organized crime...

Who do you think the army of 50,000 lobbyists in DC alone works for? We the people? Trade unions? Small business?

C'mon Trumptman, if you want to promote "AynRandism", you're going to have to do a little bit better than that.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #562 of 597
But no, sammi_jo, we must compromise our principles in order to promote them.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #563 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Compromised principles another oxymoron.
post #564 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Hey Trumptman, I thought "being tough on crime" was a clarion call amongst conservatives? The actions of Occupy Wall Street (or what you have read in the corporate media about it) that seem to enrage you so much are tiny and insignificant in the world of criminality.

If you have to employ diatribe, how about engaging the humungous and ongoing crime spree in the financial and banking sectors and big business in general. Or does that challenge make you feel uncomfortable?

I'm sure if you are reading my posts rather than just ranting, you'd see I've said the banks are providing cover for corrupt government. You fix crony capitalism by demanding the biggest piece of the pie aka government get out o the business of distributing everything. When government is always the solution it is also always the problem.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #565 of 597
Hello. I have redacted this post because it's the season of goodwill and all that.
post #566 of 597
On this day in which we are allegedly supposed to think about peace and goodwill toward men, take a moment to watch this clip from "It's a Wonderful Life." This is what OWS is fighting for. George Bailey nails it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O4ne13Zft9Q

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #567 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

On this day in which we are allegedly supposed to think about peace and goodwill toward men, take a moment to watch this clip from "It's a Wonderful Life." This is what OWS is fighting for. George Bailey nails it.

Great post and point BR! I love that old movie! My family and I recently went a small town ( Dallas ) near my home in Salem to watch it on the big screen in an old fashioned, quaint little theater. It was wonderful! That movie has a lot of good points that some here could learn from as they seem to have forgotten them and what they stand for. You tell em' George!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #568 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Great post and point BR! I love that old movie! My family and I recently went a small town ( Dallas ) near my home in Salem to watch it on the big screen in an old fashioned, quaint little theater. It was wonderful! That movie has a lot of good points that some here could learn from as they seem to have forgotten them and what they stand for. You tell em' George!

That sounds fantastic. Sounds like something to keep in mind for a Festivus road trip in the future.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #569 of 597
Quote:

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. The "corrupt government" is doing the bidding of their corporate and bankster masters... hence the apt adjective "corrupt". You don't have to make excuses for organized crime...

I don't really care whether you think it "cuts it." The reality is the government controls the biggest pie out there and calls the shots.

Quote:
Who do you think the army of 50,000 lobbyists in DC alone works for? We the people? Trade unions? Small business?

Yes Sammi and this is like saying the 50,000 pushers on the street corners really call the shots and the drug kingpin is just a big myth. The government is the drug kingpin. The banks are just the regional dealers.
Quote:
C'mon Trumptman, if you want to promote "AynRandism", you're going to have to do a little bit better than that.

The government controls the currency and all regulations related to banking. There is a reason every Western government has been bailing out their banks. As you dig into it, you see they use the banks to buy each others bonds (as do their central banks) and help each other sell their lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Selling them, making them manageable and persuading others towards them versus callously and authoritatively declaring they will be rammed down people's throats aren't quite the same thing.

post #570 of 597
Quote:

So we're pretty much down to vague, emotional appeals based on speeches in fictional movies. Sounds about right!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #571 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

So we're pretty much down to vague, emotional appeals based on speeches in fictional movies. Sounds about right!

Jesus Christ, how many times has Ayn fucking Rand (or George Orwell) been quoted in this forum, the former as near gospel? Just shut up with the hypocritical assholesque comments, please. It's non-stop with you.
post #572 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Jesus Christ, how many times has Ayn fucking Rand (or George Orwell) been quoted in this forum, the former as near gospel? Just shut up with the hypocritical assholesque comments, please. It's non-stop with you.

Those are quoted for exactly what they are and nothing more. First Rand grew up under the communists, so her quotes speaking about communism are based on her experiences. Second when asked for our proof about something we don't quote someone, or show a funny picture or link to Jon Stewart and consider it to be a fact or an argument.

I mean as an example, we have myself and SDW basically arguing that while it might be nice to live in a world where we can consider only the purest form of an idea, instead here is reality with regard to elections. You have BR here arguing that Occupy is right in what they are doing because we are celebrating a holiday based on beliefs he doesn't endorse and there is a fictional movie that doubles down on the fictionalization. From his perspective, he is a fictional work based on a fictional work to try to influence reality, no better than that, he claims this is that for which OWS is fighting!

Let me ask you Tonton, when is the last time someone on these forums claimed people at a protest or people camping in a park were doing so because, oh people weren't keeping the spirit of John Galt in their hearts?

post #573 of 597
Yeah SDW, leave BR alone. Vague emotional appeals are all atheists have to cling to in this life.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #574 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Yeah SDW, leave BR alone. Vague emotional appeals are all atheists have to cling to in this life.

Better than that, hoping an angel gets it's wings is all atheists have to cling to in this life.

post #575 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Jesus Christ, how many times has Ayn fucking Rand (or George Orwell) been quoted in this forum, the former as near gospel?

Who cares? Those are specific comparisons people make. This is a goddman sickening attempt to tug at heart strings.

Quote:
Just shut up with the hypocritical assholesque comments, please. It's non-stop with you.

How is what I said "assholesque?" I'm saying it's a vague, emotional appeal. That's what it is. He might has well have posted a picture of a cat and puppy cuddling.
post #576 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

post #577 of 597
Quote:

Those are quoted for exactly what they are and nothing more. First Rand grew up under the communists, so her quotes speaking about communism are based on her experiences. Second when asked for our proof about something we don't quote someone, or show a funny picture or link to Jon Stewart and consider it to be a fact or an argument.

I mean as an example, we have myself and SDW basically arguing that while it might be nice to live in a world where we can consider only the purest form of an idea, instead here is reality with regard to elections. You have BR here arguing that Occupy is right in what they are doing because we are celebrating a holiday based on beliefs he doesn't endorse and there is a fictional movie that doubles down on the fictionalization. From his perspective, he is a fictional work based on a fictional work to try to influence reality, no better than that, he claims this is that for which OWS is fighting!

Let me ask you Tonton, when is the last time someone on these forums claimed people at a protest or people camping in a park were doing so because, oh people weren't keeping the spirit of John Galt in their hearts?

Well there's ol' trumpy! I guess the notion of good ol' common sense and what's right just passed him by.

So you really disagree with the message in this movie trump the snark fantastic? Which I'll tell you trumpmaster B is something that many of us still feel in our hearts at Christmas time inspite of all the jaded self serving people out there. It's a message that every man should have the right to dignity and if you see your fellow man in trouble you should help if you can. You really disagree with this trumpinator? Really?
post #578 of 597
Quote:

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #579 of 597
Quote:

Compromised principles another oxymoron.

What are you a Liberal or a Republican or Independent?
post #580 of 597
Quote:

Well there's ol' trumpy! I guess the notion of good ol' common sense and what's right just passed him by.

So you really disagree with the message in this movie trump the snark fantastic? Which I'll tell you trumpmaster B is something that many of us still feel in our hearts at Christmas time inspite of all the jaded self serving people out there. It's a message that every man should have the right to dignity and if you see your fellow man in trouble you should help if you can. You really disagree with this trumpinator? Really?

I'm glad you are enjoying the eggnog.

post #581 of 597
Quote:

Aww, trump...don't be a scrooge. All jimmac is trying to do is get home to see his little crippled boy, whom you hate because you don't support Obamacare. He came to you and asked for half a day off on Christmas, and you screamed at him and then jumped into your pile of gold coins like it was a swimming pool.

post #582 of 597
Quote:

Aww, trump...don't be a scrooge. All jimmac is trying to do is get home to see his little crippled boy, whom you hate because you don't support Obamacare. He came to you and asked for half a day off on Christmas, and you screamed at him and then jumped into your pile of gold coins like it was a swimming pool.

Worse than that, apparently I sponsored a float in a parade which is the real problem with society today. Dammit, there are too many floats in parades!

Do not cast your eyes aside, look at the evil that has been wrought by the 1%. Look at it and weep!!!

post #583 of 597
Quote:

More than you apparently. I'd say merry Christmas but apparently the meaning is lost on you.

Quote:
apparently I sponsored a float in a parade which is the real problem with society today

Could you right that one off?
post #584 of 597
Quote:

More than you apparently. I'd say merry Christmas but apparently the meaning is lost on you.

Yes, jimmac. Trump doesn't understand the spirit of the xmas season. And why? Because he disagrees with you. It's like Ed Shultz saying those who disagree with the President and say he is a weak leader are committing "hate speech."

Quote:
Could you right that one off?

I think you mean "write." Oops, I did it again. I corrected your horrible understanding and usage of the English language, which itself demonstrates your lack of intellect.
post #585 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

What are you a Liberal or a Republican or Independent?

Don't put me in a box. I'm not dead yet.
post #586 of 597
Quote:

Don't put me in a box. I'm not dead yet.

We'd cremate you anyway. It's better for the environment.

post #587 of 597
Quote:

Yes, jimmac. Trump doesn't understand the spirit of the xmas season. And why? Because he disagrees with you. It's like Ed Shultz saying those who disagree with the President and say he is a weak leader are committing "hate speech."

I think you mean "write." Oops, I did it again. I corrected your horrible understanding and usage of the English language, which itself demonstrates your lack of intellect.

Both of you apparently miss it by a mile.It's quite sad really. And I'll be looking for your next goof. I won't have to look far. I'll wait until that heated discussion where you're getting all frustrated and resort to calling the other person a name.
post #588 of 597
Quote:

Mmm, personal attacks.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #589 of 597
Quote:

Mmm, personal attacks.

Oh but SDW doesn't do that. And if he does he won't remember it later. Just like Ronald Reagan.
post #590 of 597
Quote:

Mmm, personal attacks.

I'm fine with personal attacks and even name calling. What I'm not fine with is when the attacker uses them as a way of derailing a thread or avoiding any real discussion.
post #591 of 597
Quote:

I'm fine with personal attacks and even name calling. What I'm not fine with is when the attacker uses them as a way of derailing a thread or avoiding any real discussion.

Quote:
I'm fine with personal attacks and even name calling

That's clear. But it's not arguing with logic and it's a sign of desperation.
post #592 of 597
Quote:

That's clear. But it's not arguing with logic and it's a sign of desperation.

Indeed.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #593 of 597
Yeah guys, you got me. I'm desperate...because I can't win an argument...with jimmac.

post #594 of 597
Speaking of who's helping who, violent crime is up 13% in our nation's capital and the police say the reason is... OCCUPY.

Quote:
As you are aware, on the date of your interview violent crime in the District was up by 13 percent and total crime was up by 10 percent since Occupy D.C. began on October 1, 2011, compared to the same time period the year before, according to the Metropolitan Police Department (Attachment 1). In addition, the increase in violent crime and all crime has accelerated as Occupy D.C. has continued. One the date of your interview, violent crime over the past 30 days had increased by a stunning 17 percent and overall crime was up by 14 percent (Attachment 2). These numbers are year to date comparisons, so they account for the holiday spike in crime — this is a dramatic increase on top of the holiday spike. (I would note that the problem continues to worsen; as of December 26, 2011, violent crime over the past 30 days was up 21 percent and overall crime was up 18 percent, see Attachment 3.)

These folks sure are helping everyone by "representing" their own agenda (claiming it is that of the 99%) while doing nothing but causing harm everywhere.

post #595 of 597
Quote:

Yeah guys, you got me. I'm desperate...because I can't win an argument...with jimmac.

Nope. Just plain desperate.
post #596 of 597
Here's what happens when the real 99% want a change.

Phonearena.com

Quote:
The consumer vitriol, which cascaded across Twitter and onto blogs and petitions all around the Web, struck a chord with a company that was clearly not expecting it.

“The company made the decision in response to customer feedback about the plan, which was designed to improve the efficiency of those transactions,” Verizon Wireless said in a statement referring to the reversal.

That a company with revenue of $15 billion in the most recent quarter would have to quickly change course over such a small fee suggests something particular about its business and others like it.

Similar to fee-bedeviled airline passengers with little choice on many nonstop flights, or bank customers who do not want to spend hours untangling automated payments so they can switch institutions, Verizon Wireless customers have limited options because they are locked into multiyear contracts. And they apparently did not like being told that it would cost money to pay money to the company.

The consumer outcry may also reflect the national mood — and some companies’ misreading of it, according to some analysts.

“I just think people are sick of being nickeled and dimed by big companies,” said Edgar Dworsky, founder of ConsumerWorld.org. “And it’s just baffling to me why a company like Verizon Wireless or Bank of America doesn’t do market testing on something like this first. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that there is going to be a backlash.”

What was surprising about the Verizon Wireless rollback was how quickly it occurred. It took consumers about a month to persuade Bank of America to rescind its plan to charge a $5 monthly fee to people who used their debit card for purchases.

But with Verizon Wireless, the corporate change of heart took only a day, even though it is the week after Christmas when companies often drop bad news in the hope that fewer people are paying attention.

When there was real outrage by the real 99% of people, the change took a day. What sort of change as the "Occupy" movement made after camping in parks all these months and costing cities millions in additional services for their freeloading, criminality and problems?

The answer is zero and that is because they are not a real cause attempting to bring real change.

post #597 of 597
YouTube.com

A nice compilation of the Occupy movement.

The list.....

Quote:
Recently, President Obama said that the Occupiers are just like the Tea Party.

Thats a lie.

We need to keep this list updated and comprehensive. Please email whatever I might have missed and any future incidents to jnolte@breitbart.com or tweet them to @NolteNC.

One of the secret weapons the corrupt mainstream media uses in their never-ending quest to Palace Guard for the left is context. For example, when it came to the Tea Party, the MSM was notorious for amplifying a single incident (that was usually a lie) and using it to attempt to smear and define an entire movement. This is what you do when you want to quickly take out a political enemy.

The MSMs contextual game changes, however, when their desire is to strengthen a movement and give it credibility and room to grow. By dutifully reporting individual incidents but not reporting on the growing scope and size of Occupy Wall Street lawlessness, the MSM is willfully covering up the violence, vandalism, and anti-Semitism that truly does define this movement.Moreover, by intentionally keeping the pieces of this story scattered, the MSM is allowed to have their cake and eat it too. No one can accuse them of not reporting these incidents, but by choosing not to bring the pieces together, the MSM ensures the least amount of public relations damage is done to the Occupiers.

What Ive collected below is far from comprehensive but still shows over 75 incidents of sexual assault, violence, vandalism, anti-Semitism, extortion, perversion, and lawlessness.

The MSM could easily tell the story of how this violence-prone movement is becoming an increasing threat to our society. After all, my research below is the result of nothing more than Twitter and Google. Among others, The New York Times, Washington Post, Politico, and the LA Times have willfully chosen not to use the resources at their disposal to give the public an honest look at this growing menace. In their partisan minds, truth doesnt trump agenda.

A few notes on the list below. Whenever possible, I traced the incident back to the original news source. I was as careful as possible when it came to duplicate postings, though I would guess there are a few in here. There are also less than five examples that dont involve what I would qualify as outright lawlessness but do help to expose the Occupiers for who and what they really are. Finally, and this is the most important way in which the list is imperfect, I most certainly wasnt able to document everything. A perfect list would be much more alarming than the one I slapped together in just a few hours.

What is true is that on October 18, pollster Doug Schoen (a Democrat!) discovered that a full 31% of Occupiers were willing to commit violence in pursuit of their agenda, whatever that is. As a response to this startling and frightening admission, the MSM either outright ignored or dismissed it. What youll see below proves that at least when it comes to their willingness to break the law, the Occupiers are keeping their word.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)