or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)

Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded) - Page 3

post #81 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's not even slightly amusing. Are you saying that people who camp in the forest/wilderness are not "normal?"

Sd, I think your an honest good guy at heart. But he deserved a tftfy.

Lets come together here. See that things are just too inequal and at least look at possible solutions.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #82 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

As long as there is a black market, there will be organized crime to exploit it. Remove the black market completely. End prohibition completely.

Why are you so racist? You give certain colors such negative connotations.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #83 of 597
Rick's Sanctum honors the OWS bums- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1000504.html
post #84 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Maybe he just hates black people?

NEXT!

Sheesh already.
post #85 of 597
Quote:

That wasn't even close to funny. You really have a problem.
post #86 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

NEXT!

Sheesh already.

Hah, is that what he's seriously posting? (I put the bastard on ignore a while ago)

Ridiculous. As always.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #87 of 597
Quote:

Hah, is that what he's seriously posting? (I put the bastard on ignore a while ago)

Ridiculous. As always.

Actually, his little "joke" shows that racism is ingrained in his thinking.

Of all the people on this board, there's just one who honestly seems to be the one with the most issues with race (the dozens of convoluted accusations of racism) and gender (the dozens of threads about men's rights and attacking feminism) and ageism (the dozens of threads on baby boomers). Is there any group other than white Christian males this bigot doesn't hate?
post #88 of 597
Quote:

Lots of people presume things. I'd love to see you back it up with actual words or actions from the man though.

I'll get a ouiji board.

Trumpy do some research it's widely known he was a liberal. Rewrite history if you want. It won't change a thing.

I'm sorry but that was so lame it requires another

Ps. I'm proud to say he was a boomer also!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #89 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That wasn't even close to funny. You really have a problem.

You didn't see a smilie next to it did you. That's because it wasn't a joke.

Quote:

Actually, his little "joke" shows that racism is ingrained in his thinking.

You base this on what, your own ignorance? Please list how many multicultural classes and trainings you've attended. Please show what certifications and credentials you have in this area to make this judgement. See unlike you, I actually have several classes in this area and it is entirely appropriate to point out language like that and show how it needs to be changed. Your ignorance is not bliss. He could use underground, contraband, or any other number of words. Do you slap your stewardess on the ass or have you moved on harassing your flight attendant? Do you still say fireman or firefighter. Do you say blackboard or chalkboard? Do you seriously claim that showing some political correctness is racism because that is stupid.

Quote:
Of all the people on this board, there's just one who honestly seems to be the one with the most issues with race (the dozens of convoluted accusations of racism) and gender (the dozens of threads about men's rights and attacking feminism) and ageism (the dozens of threads on baby boomers). Is there any group other than white Christian males this bigot doesn't hate?

So pointing out racism is now having an issue with race? That is the strangest reasoning I've yet encountered. You follow your ridiculous reasoning all the way through though so really what can one expect. You and the other leftists get more desperate by the day. I suppose I'll be a murderer by next November when you're watching Obama and the Democratic Senate go down in flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'll get a ouiji board.

Trumpy do some research it's widely known he was a liberal. Rewrite history if you want. It won't change a thing.

I'm sorry but that was so lame it requires another

Ps. I'm proud to say he was a boomer also!

I've done plenty of research. Present yours if you want to prove your point. Refusing to present anything declaring it is "well known" is ridiculous. The man runs the biggest tech company in the world and charges top dollar for his products. He has amassed a cash fund of, what was it after last quarter, $70+ billion. Why don't you find for me his philanthropy. List for me his causes. Do something to prove your assertion.

post #90 of 597
Quote:

You didn't see a smilie next to it did you. That's because it wasn't a joke.

FUCK!!!!

You think the term "black market" itself is inherently racist, and using that term makes someone a racist!!!??

Or what... do you think it means the place where black people shop? I wouldn't put it past you , with the amount of intelligence you're showing here.

Jesus. I repeat. You really have a problem. These are not white lies you're spreading. They are instances of hatred.

Seriously, Nick, you're always accusing people of being racist for really random reasons. Are you familiar with the psychological term, "projecting"?
post #91 of 597
Quote:

FUCK!!!!

You think the term "black market" itself is inherently racist, and using that term makes someone a racist!!!??

Or what... do you think it means the place where black people shop? I wouldn't put it past you , with the amount of intelligence you're showing here.

Jesus. I repeat. You really have a problem. These are not white lies you're spreading. They are instances of hatred.

Seriously, Nick, you're always accusing people of being racist for really random reasons. Are you familiar with the psychological term, "projecting"?

I gave plenty of other examples of insensitive word use. Also I'm quite certain you've chimed in with claims that lack of political correctness equals racism and hatred. Also noting someone is insensitive isn't hatred. That is indeed an attempt to cover up the actual racism. Sorry if you hate being hoisted upon your own petard.

Also when you call them really random reasons, perhaps they are that to you because you DON'T live among minorities, DON'T interact with them, and instead choose to live in a homogenous society where you don't have to ponder such things. You've run away from America and the multi-ethnic, multicultural society that is here, especially in California. If you are in a meeting and use the word black with negative connotations several times within that meeting, see if you don't get called out on it and if you don't that reflects your crowd being insensitive, not other people being racist or projecting.

post #92 of 597
The left shows its anti-semitic side ... again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLSvK2eIoBs
post #93 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

These people are a bunch of clueless loons. I saw a reporter interviewing some of them, and boy are they dumb!

They seem to be a mix of dirty communists, anarchists and other "anti-capitalist" morons, and they should go back home to whichever hole they crawled out of.

The NYPD doesn't mess around and I support pepper spraying them in the face, like what recently happened. I find those kind of videos to be most amusing. So, in the end, the protesters do serve a purpose, they are comic relief and provide a cheap means of entertainment. The second that they get out of hand, then I support using whatever means necessary against the goons, to make them know who's in charge.

Yeah, I support controlling anyone that endangers other people with their behavior. Aside from that, do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't affect others negatively. But folks peacefully protesting don't deserve to be pepper sprayed in the face.

Are you rich? What side are you on? Regular people, whether they are "dumb" in your opinion or not, or billionaire bankers with no morals? If the latter..well, I feel sorry for you. It makes you an Uncle Tom. And any other teabagger or "free market" person who isn't themselves rich, they are Uncle Toms. You're rooting for the wrong team. You're a Yankee at Fenway. I don't buy the whole slippery slope and libertarian BS philosophical crap about "true freedom" like that idiot Ron Paul peddles. It all makes sense until you think for 30 seconds.

If we had true free markets. We would be Somalia. How is Somalia, would you like to volunteer to move there? If yes, please do us a favor and bring with you Ron Paul, Sara Palin and the rest of, what in my humble opinion, I refer to as the true "dumb" people. I'll give it to Paul, though. At least he's in it for ideological reasons. Not because he's raking in the money like O'reilly or Hanity or all the other Fox faux populist "journalists" that are "for the People", smiling through their shit-eating grin claiming they're trying to help "Main St." by lowering taxes for billionaires.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #94 of 597
Congressman Peter King (R) is kind of a huge dick. Here's what he said and what he looks like. At the bottom is a message to all those fighting for the 99%.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #95 of 597
Here's an awesome image from OWS:

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #96 of 597
Quote:

Why does everyone have to delve deep into the psychology of what people express here? That is your opinion that is all.
post #97 of 597
Quote:

Here's an awesome image from OWS:

The enemy is Wall Street and Big Government!
post #98 of 597
The following is but a taste of how productivity has dramatically increased whilst average wages have been stifled. All that extra dosh goes to the fat cats... and they'll call you a commie loon if you speak up- http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...tml?ref=sunday
post #99 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

What side are you on? Regular people, whether they are "dumb" in your opinion or not, or billionaire bankers with no morals?

Those dirty and ignorant people protesting aren't "regular" people, and I'm definitely not on their side. I'm also not on the side of billionaire bankers and I'm not on the side of Ron Paul.

I think that the NYPD should move in and finally remove them all, due to sanitary and safety concerns. It's time to clean out the garbage. A city has an obligation to all of it's tax paying citizens to keep the streets clean.

The protester bums voted for what they wanted (obama) and they got what they wanted. They must now face the consequences of their choices. Protesting won't help those bums out. I imagine that things will only get worse for the protesters, and that makes me quite happy.
post #100 of 597
I'd also like to offer some friendly advice to this young woman here:

Definitely drugs honey. That would seem to be most profitable for you.
post #101 of 597
Quote:

All I can say is, that girl has 100 times more class and humanity than the commentator above. Unless he was "joking".
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #102 of 597
Meanwhile, here's some news from Israel. Dissent there has taken off in massive style, starting way back in July, several weeks before the first protesters started filtering into the Wall St. area.

Oddly (or not), there has been virtually nothing about this in the US mainstream media ... the predictable roaring silence. The self-censored US corporate media is undoubtedly actively disinterested in broadcasting these stories and images of Jews and Israeli Arabs (and Christians as well) marching side by side against a common oppressor.

Israelis in droves are fuming with the policies pursued by their autocratic extremist PM, Netanyahu and the Likudniks. The first protests drew thousands, then quickly ramped up to 10s of thousands. A march in September drew over 300,000, and few days ago, October 6, between between 400,000 and half a million people paralyzed the center of Tel Aviv.... Jews and Arabs marching together in unity for economic justice. Thats's a huge turnout in a nation with only 7 million people.. and that action (about 7% of the entire population of the country) was in just one of 11 Israeli cities seeing similar protests.

Now, when's DC going to wake up?... It would be timely to see half a million angry Americans marching past fake liberal Obama's hideout.
post #103 of 597
Good for the Israelis standing up against their leaders' terrible policies.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #104 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

All I can say is, that girl has 100 times more class and humanity than the commentator above. Unless he was "joking".

I'm pretty sure that I have more class than the protesters.

post #105 of 597
I suppose you made similar postings about the Tea Party when they were the corporate media darlings?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #106 of 597
Keep at it OWS.
post #107 of 597
Quote:

I'd tell her to sue whoever taught her to go so far into debt but still not know how to spell basic words.

post #108 of 597
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that I have more class than the protesters.

Is that a Tea Partier?
post #109 of 597
Quote:

I'd tell her to sue whoever taught her to go so far into debt but still not know how to spell basic words.

Perhaps she's not English? What harm is there in misspelling one word? ∞ times less harm than the actions of the psychopaths, who you appear to support 110%, regardless of their bloodstained actions. ie people who are responsible for atrocities like this on a daily basis, year in, year out .... parasitic members of the 1%.

....and this....

and this

and this

Get a clue.
post #110 of 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

NEXT!

Sheesh already.

Just think what a great world we would exist in without any racial prejudice at all.
post #111 of 597
Quote:

You have a perverted sense of humor! Put yourself in her situation pal!
post #112 of 597
Quote:

Perhaps she's not English? What harm is there in misspelling one word? ∞ times less harm than the actions of the psychopaths, who you appear to support 110%, regardless of their bloodstained actions. ie people who are responsible for atrocities like this on a daily basis, year in, year out .... parasitic members of the 1%.

Get a clue.

Well obviously lots of people support them Sammi including you. Talk to me when all these people, yourself included, have forgone all the nice products they use from corporations and have started supporting the alternatives. The pictures you show could have just as easily come from a Foxconn factory making Apple products as from anything else. You're typing to me on a corporate computer over a corporate internet while wearing corporate clothes and eating corporate food.

Get a clue that whining into a webcam doesn't make the whining true or fix much of anything. Pointing a finger and declaring your life sucks because of another party is the easiest thing in the universe to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Just think what a great world we would exist in without any racial prejudice at all.

It would be great but it will never happen while the racial grievance industry is rolling in so much money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

You have a perverted sense of humor! Put yourself in her situation pal!

I could never put myself in her situation because I would never passively complain that after spending loads of money in a useless field while still largely ending up ignorant, that my only "choices" are harming others with drugs or selling my body for sex.

post #113 of 597
Craiglist.org

Quote:
The Working Families Party (WFP) (www.workingfamiliesparty.org) is New York's most energetic, independent and progressive political party. Formed in 1998 by a grassroots coalition of community organizations, neighborhood activists, and labor unions, we came together to build a society that works for all of us, not just Wall Street CEOs and the well-connected. WFP is independent from corporate and government funding and in-addition we are community based; community funded and equally uninfluenced by both major parties. Our agenda focuses on economic and social justice, corporate accountability, job creation, environmental protection, and investment in education and healthcare.

For the past twelve years the WFP has been at the fore front of progressive politics,

Leading the fight and helping to frame the debate. The WFP has a proud record of fighting for issues that matter and has been instrumental in implementing key pieces of legislation such as Raising New York's Minimum Wage, Enacting Living Wage Laws, Creating Thousands of Jobs In the Green Economy, Passing Healthcare Reforms on the Local Level, Fighting for Affordable Housing, Keeping Tuition Costs Low, A Progressive Tax Code, Reliable/Cost Effective Public Transit System, Public Financing Of Elections and Corporate Accountability . In addition, we have an unapologetic stance on supporting and pushing good candidates to enact progressive legislation

The WFP is seeking immediate hires.

You must be an energetic communicator, with a passion for social and economic justice.

Only outgoing, articulate dedicated, determined candidates will be considered for the positions.

For those candidates that qualify WFP offers substantial paid-training provided by senior leadership, on varied issues such as: advocacy, public speaking, mobilizing, fundraising, networking and organizing. We invest in passionate people with excellent communication skills and a full benefits package is offered to those candidates that qualify. In addition, there is opportunity for advancement and travel to our satellite chapters and out of state affiliates.

This is not a policy job! Through direct action you will be shaping NY state politics for the next 20 years.

If you care about New York and want to help educate and mobilize around legislative campaigns-then we look forward to hearing from you!

Apply at http://www.workingfamiliesparty.org/jobs/.

Thank goodness this is an authentic movement.

post #114 of 597
Quote:

Well obviously lots of people support them Sammi including you. Talk to me when all these people, yourself included, have forgone all the nice products they use from corporations and have started supporting the alternatives. The pictures you show could have just as easily come from a Foxconn factory making Apple products as from anything else. You're typing to me on a corporate computer over a corporate internet while wearing corporate clothes and eating corporate food.

Get a clue that whining into a webcam doesn't make the whining true or fix much of anything. Pointing a finger and declaring your life sucks because of another party is the easiest thing in the universe to do.

You have a habit of mischaracterizing an an argument to make one of your own.

First off. Virtually everyone in the US and much of the rest of the world) uses manufactured products, wears manufactured clothes and eats food that's gone through some kind of processing. That's not my gripe, nor that of the protesters. Despite the necessarily simplified slogans and banners... it's impossible to explain this complex issue in protest banner format... capitalism and business structures are not the enemy.

This extract sums up approximately the gripe.. and it echoes approximately where I am at with all this.

I am myself a capitalist and I have no bones to pick with capitalism as a whole. I do, however, take exception to corporatism, the mindless pursuit of short-term gain and ego gratification at whatever cost it may take on the long term good of citizens who pay the taxes and do the heavy lifting in the American economy. These people have traded away an enormous amount of good jobs to slave labor operations in foreign countries that are more glad to accept the oppression of their people in exchange for a quick buck. They have squandered both our economic strength and our natural resources in pursuit of an extra jet or two to brag about at their next parlay in Davos.

In other words, these are bullies who are just plain bad for business. Good business conditions require a well-regulated economy, where pirating people's lifetime savings into Ponzi schemes is dealt with swiftly and aggressively. It is corporations that must serve the people, not people who must serve the corporations. Enterprise of free markets should be rewarded, but free markets are ultimately markets where everyone is free to play by the rules, not free to break the rules.

In other words there's a choice between ethical standards, fine products, fairness, decency, and a happy workforce, vs. rip-offs, scams, corruption, serial fraud/embezzlement, usury, parasitism, croneyism, insider trading and payola .... in business. Human nature dictates that people will often do what they can get away with.. thats why we have regulations to curb those who default towards criminality.. ie to maintain civilized conduct in the world.

The protests are against corruption and parasitism etc. etc. etc, which is now common practice, not only in Wall St. but throughout the world's financial centers. And when the rules are not being policed, as is universally the case today, thats a recipe for the kind of disaster we saw in 2008/2009, when the bastions of capitalism itself were rescued, ironically, by $trillions in welfare provided by the very government that the Ayn Randian (utopian) free market junkies so despise.
post #115 of 597
Quote:

You have a habit of mischaracterizing an an argument to make one of your own.

First off. Virtually everyone in the US and much of the rest of the world) uses manufactured products, wears manufactured clothes and eats food that's gone through some kind of processing. That's not my gripe, nor that of the protesters. Despite the necessarily simplified slogans and banners... it's impossible to explain this complex issue in protest banner format... capitalism and business structures are not the enemy.

Everyone uses manufactured products because they are the least expensive, have the smallest environmental impact per unit, put the most people to work while leaving the most free time and finally generate the greatest wealth. It isn't an accident or happenstance that we all do this.

Quote:
This extract sums up approximately the gripe.. and it echoes approximately where I am at with all this.

I am myself a capitalist and I have no bones to pick with capitalism as a whole. I do, however, take exception to corporatism, the mindless pursuit of short-term gain and ego gratification at whatever cost it may take on the long term good of citizens who pay the taxes and do the heavy lifting in the American economy. These people have traded away an enormous amount of good jobs to slave labor operations in foreign countries that are more glad to accept the oppression of their people in exchange for a quick buck. They have squandered both our economic strength and our natural resources in pursuit of an extra jet or two to brag about at their next parlay in Davos.

In other words, these are bullies who are just plain bad for business. Good business conditions require a well-regulated economy, where pirating people's lifetime savings into Ponzi schemes is dealt with swiftly and aggressively. It is corporations that must serve the people, not people who must serve the corporations. Enterprise of free markets should be rewarded, but free markets are ultimately markets where everyone is free to play by the rules, not free to break the rules.

In other words there's a choice between ethical standards, fine products, fairness, decency, and a happy workforce, vs. rip-offs, scams, corruption, serial fraud/embezzlement, usury, parasitism, croneyism, insider trading and payola .... in business. Human nature dictates that people will often do what they can get away with.. thats why we have regulations to curb those who default towards criminality.. ie to maintain civilized conduct in the world.

The protests are against corruption and parasitism etc. etc. etc, which is now common practice, not only in Wall St. but throughout the world's financial centers. And when the rules are not being policed, as is universally the case today, thats a recipe for the kind of disaster we saw in 2008/2009, when the bastions of capitalism itself were rescued, ironically, by $trillions in welfare provided by the very government that the Ayn Randian (utopian) free market junkies so despise.

I'd disagree and your extract changes the definition of corporatism from it's actual definition to one where there is a utopian state versus a fallen state. This is not a religious matter even if it is a social religions aka communism rather than one involving theism. Declaring that if we don't have utopia, we must have the fallen state is nonsense because we never had the ideal state. There is no fallen state to justify the action towards the ideal state and piling on the platitudes like "quick buck" or "ego-driven" do not change that fact.

post #116 of 597
Quote:

Is that a Tea Partier?

I regret to inform you that no, it is not a Tea Partier. It is one of those dirty and filthy bums who are protesting down on Wall Street.

Stinking up Wall Street: Protesters accused of living in filth as shocking pictures show one demonstrator defecating on a POLICE CAR

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1aPOTq07f

I believe that some liberal protesters should be locked up due to sanitary concerns and for hygienic reasons. These liberals might be carrying infectious diseases and it might spread to other innocent people. I would advise all sane people to keep their distance from these liberals.
post #117 of 597
Quote:

I regret to inform you that no, it is not a Tea Partier. It is one of those dirty and filthy bums who are protesting down on Wall Street.

Stinking up Wall Street: Protesters accused of living in filth as shocking pictures show one demonstrator defecating on a POLICE CAR

I believe that some liberal protesters should be locked up due to sanitary concerns and for hygienic reasons. These liberals might be carrying infectious diseases and it might spread to other innocent people. I would advise all sane people to keep their distance from these liberals.

We've heard this exact same oppressive argument against peaceful protest before.

When you become your own worst enemy; that is when you are lost.
post #118 of 597
Quote:

So those tarps, sleeping bags and blankets are a "rubbish dump"?
post #119 of 597
They'll see how the other 1 hundredth's live. -

"Tomorrow, Occupy Wall Street protesters will leave Zuccotti Park at 11 AM and head to the Upper East Side to see how "the 1%" live.

They're calling it, "NYC billionaires Walking Tour" and they'll start marching at 59th and 5th Avenue around 12:30 PM. You can check out the link to their Facebook invitation. Here's a snippet:

Wanna "see how the 1% lives"? Then join us on a walking tour of the homes of some of the bank and corporate executives that don't pay taxes, cut jobs, engaged in mortgage fraud, tanked our economy.....all while giving themselves record setting bonuses!

We'll be meeting at 59th Street and 5th Avenue at 12:30 pm, and then march from house to house, demanding accountability for Wall Street crimes, and an extension of the Millionaire's tax.

Who will we be visiting exactly? Well....you're just gonna have to come to find out.

The Upper East Side isn't the only neighborhood that needs to watch out...The Occupy Wall Street Protests Are Now In 15 Major Cities Across The Country>>"
~ http://www.businessinsider.com/occup...t-side-2011-10
post #120 of 597
Out of all the commentary posted here by AO's conservative contingent on this thread, not a word on "let's get tough on crime".... except infractions committed by protesters.

Regarding the ongoing corporate and banking crime spree ... a roaring silence. Not unexpected.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Occupy Wall Street: The Real American Revolution. (NOT Koch funded)