or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › German carrier lists Apple 'iPhone 4S' in 16GB, 32GB & 64GB capacities
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

German carrier lists Apple 'iPhone 4S' in 16GB, 32GB & 64GB capacities - Page 2

post #41 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

If it's not true then why hasn't Apple the litigator sued Consumer Reports and demanded a retraction for reporting this finding not once but TWICE?
We all know Apple is second to none at marketing- look how everyone now is biting their nails, salivating, waiting to be fed tomorrow.

Why does everything have to be all-or-nothing? The real world is not digital... It's not "1" (Apple created the absolute best antenna design possible) or "0" (the iP4 antenna is absolute crap). Maybe the the antenna could have been better than it was. I do believe the design "flaw" does create issues under some very specific circumstances for a small number of people. And perhaps Apple should have anticipated that. But I also believe that overall it's an improved antenna design over previous iPhones, and therefore a good thing. There was no need for a recall (0) or for suing CR (1) because there would really be no point in it. Nobody would have won such a case.

[Policital editorial: This same "digital" all-or-nothing mentality dominates American polictics and look at the mess we are in because we are always voting for 1s or 0s. All too often our politicians are zeros. ]
post #42 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

If it's not true then why hasn't Apple the litigator sued Consumer Reports and demanded a retraction for reporting this finding not once but TWICE?
We all know Apple is second to none at marketing- look how everyone now is biting their nails, salivating, waiting to be fed tomorrow.

1) What Apple sue CR for? For being shoddy researchers? I can't imagine there was anything slanderous that could be proven. As Jobs clearly showed during the special event all other popular smartphones tested also low signal drastically when held in a certain way. Putting on blinders (just like you do on these forums, until are purposely trolling) is not the same as falsifying information.

2) Even AnandTech the site that first brought the antenna signal change to our attention showed that the iPhone 4 held a call far better than other device tested in low-signal areas. That should tell you that look only at Db is completely pointless when one phone (that you consider a complete failure) will hold a call fine when others won't.

3) Other countries have stated the iPhone 4 is the best of all their devices and no outcry seemed to occur. What of the Verizon iPhone 4 which also has that horribly faulty external antenna design that you think should have resulted in a complete and total recall.

4) What's the most popular smartphone on the market despite being 17 months old? Answer: iPhone 4.

5) Don't confuse marketing with customer loyalty built from repeated excellence. Where is this marketing for the next iPhone at? All I see is an email sent out last week. That's it! You likely would have readjusted just your tinfoil hat and come back claim that all these leaks are from Apple but that makes no sense. There greatest asset to show nothing, not spoil the reveal before it's time.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #43 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


If Antennagate was real.....

No I made it all up!Talk about paranoia.

I speak the truth and stated 2 things you cannot refute
Here is the third:

Why is there all this speculation that Apple itself will remove/fix the exoskeletal antenna on the new iPhone 5? Why is that needed to be even mentioned if there were no such issues as you claim - "If antennagate was real"?
post #44 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Why is that needed to be even mentioned if there were no such issues as you claim - "If antennagate was real"?

Oh, no! The MacBook Pro family got a new unibody design! There MUST have been something inherently flawed with the previous aluminum design! A couple dozen people were, after all, reporting that their computers instantaneously stopped working when they touched it a certain way, so they must ALL be flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS

That's you. That's how dumb you sound.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #45 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

I believe the truth not conspiracy theories:
1.) Steve Jobs gave out free bumpers because of numerous customer complaints- is that a lie?
2.) Consumer Reports reviewed the iPhone 4 not once but twice and found fault in it's antenna design and Apple never sued CR and demanded a retraction- is that a lie?

And what makes you think you speak for everyone on here? Not only are you in denial but that statement sounds pretty delusional as well.

Apple gave me a new iPad 2 after I dropped it on cement and cracked the screen. That's good customer service when it behooves them to give away away free kit over potentially alienating a customer even if it's not their fault.

2) As I recall, CR reviewed the iPhone 4 twice and found it to be the highest rated smartphone, bar none. They simply didn't recommend it because of their initial antenna findings.

3) You are either very poor at critical thinking or you're purposely trolling. Which is it? Are you purposely being obtuse or is this the way you really think?

4) I've had less dropped calls on AT&T with the iPhone 4 over previous iPhones but that could be from many things. Those who aren't quick to jump to some conspiracy theory might wonder, "is it because I'm now residing in a new cell area, or because AT&T upgraded their network near the time I switched from the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4, or because of some other reason?" Of course, you can't possibly believe anything that doesn't paint the Apple Empire as some evil villain. Good luck with life.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #46 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, no! The MacBook Pro family got a new unibody design! There MUST have been something inherently flawed with the previous aluminum design! A couple dozen people were, after all, reporting that their computers instantaneously stopped working when they touched it a certain way, so they must ALL be flawed.

Of course¡ The only reason to change the design is because the previous one was completely flawed¡

Seriously though, they have kept this "flawed and unusable design" for an extra 1/3 of a year. How can any rational person think that makes any sense from a business standpoint? Keyword: rational.


PS: It's sad the number of people that constantly call for "revolution, not evolution" in technology but then constantly cry foul when it's not the same as it's always been. Besides the whole iPhone 4 antenna issue this was also a major issue with the iPad 2 not running a full desktop OS like all the failed tablets 2 decades before it, which meant it was a just a toy that would never sell.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #47 of 77
Android From the Perspective of a Former iPhone User

Im only linking to this review of the HTC Thunderbolt because it reinforces my existing views:

Then I could go on to say it doesnt have an antenna issue like the iPhone 4. That would be a lie, because it does. If you hold it wrong then youll be constantly losing your signal and wonder why. I emailed HTCs support team about this and told them that it really needs to be fixed. The man told me Hold it differently. It seems that any way I hold it causes a problem with the signal, no matter if its on 4G or not.

Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #48 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, no! The MacBook Pro family got a new unibody design! There MUST have been something inherently flawed with the previous aluminum design! A couple dozen people were, after all, reporting that their computers instantaneously stopped working when they touched it a certain way, so they must ALL be flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Apple gave me a new iPad 2 after I dropped it on cement and cracked the screen. That's good customer service when it behooves them to give away away free kit over potentially alienating a customer even if it's not their fault.

Wow- two inept answers from the both of you, I must be doing something right.
Solipsism- FYI, just because YOU've had less dropped calls on your iphone4 doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just saying- the world doesn't revolve around you. Ok?
post #49 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Wow- two inept answers from the both of you, I must be doing something right.
Solipsism- FYI, just because YOU've had less dropped calls on your iphone4 doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just saying- the world doesn't revolve around you. Ok?

Welp, we've been trolled. Great job, Steve.



I don't have a dancing Ballmer or Schmidt, so imagine whichever you're in love with most here.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #50 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

No I made it all up!Talk about paranoia.

I speak the truth and stated 2 things you cannot refute
Here is the third:

Why is there all this speculation that Apple itself will remove/fix the exoskeletal antenna on the new iPhone 5? Why is that needed to be even mentioned if there were no such issues as you claim - "If antennagate was real"?

To say that what might not have been the very ultimate in design equates to "antennagate" is reaching too far, IMHO. Every successful company strives for continuous improvement even if it's with products that are already good. If Apple can make a relatively good antenna better, why shouldn't they?
post #51 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

To say that what might not have been the very ultimate in design equates to "antennagate" is reaching too far, IMHO. Every successful company strives for continuous improvement even if it's with products that are already good. If Apple can make a relatively good antenna better, why shouldn't they?

I can't get this kid to answer any questions as to why the design has been kept 17 months as the flagship device, why there wasn't a recall, why the Bumper program only lasted a couple months yet the device wasn't overhauled, why it's so damn popular and beloved, why other carriers and consumers have found this to be a great device, and why the iPhone 4 design will live on for at least another year after the next iPhone is announced tomorrow.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #52 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Welp, we've been trolled. Great job, Steve.



I don't have a dancing Ballmer or Schmidt, so imagine whichever you're in love with most here.

That is hysterical- I almost choked on my almonds.
At least you have a sense of humor unlike.......
post #53 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I can't get this kid to answer any questions as to why the design has been kept 17 months as the flagship device, why there wasn't a recall, why the Bumper program only lasted a couple months yet the device wasn't overhauled, why it's so damn popular and beloved, why other carriers and consumers have found this to be a great device, and why the iPhone 4 design will live on for at least another year after the next iPhone is announced tomorrow.

You never asked?
And now I definitely will not answer.
post #54 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Of course¡ The only reason to change the design is because the previous one was completely flawed¡

Seriously though, they have kept this "flawed and unusable design" for an extra 1/3 of a year. How can any rational person think that makes any sense from a business standpoint? Keyword: rational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I can't get this kid to answer any questions as to why the design has been kept 17 months as the flagship device, why there wasn't a recall, why the Bumper program only lasted a couple months yet the device wasn't overhauled, why it's so damn popular and beloved, why other carriers and consumers have found this to be a great device, and why the iPhone 4 design will live on for at least another year after the next iPhone is announced tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

You never asked?
And now I definitely will not answer.


Actually if you look at the first post of his I quoted, it specifically covers the first 3 and the 6th questions in his 2nd post and the other 2 have been questioned by others in the thread.
post #55 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

You never asked?
And now I definitely will not answer.

Because you can't. Because you're not wrong, there's just no other end of the spectrum on which you could stand to BE wrong.

We've found an argument monopole. They're rare, but they exist.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #56 of 77
My iPhone 4 gets better signal than my 3GS in my office, but worse at home.

My Galaxy S is roughly the same as my 3GS.

All of them are inferior in reception than my old Blackberry or Nokia. Haven't had a Motorola since the RAZR days, but I recall that phone to be quite good.

So yes, the iPhone 4 has antenna issues. But so do many other phones.

It's all relative, and it's a horse well beaten.
post #57 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because you can't. Because you're not wrong, there's just no other end of the spectrum on which you could stand to BE wrong.

We've found an argument monopole. They're rare, but they exist.

You're crackin me up- stop! I'm trying to keep a poker face at work and I'm in pain!
post #58 of 77
Gotta love when the trolls stop trying to defend a point and instead only take passive-aggressive jabs at those with sound arguments.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #59 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

My iPhone 4 gets better signal than my 3GS in my office, but worse at home.

I'm in the same boat. Every iPhone I've had (original and 3GS) has worked flawlessly in my house. But I can't hold a call with my iPhone 4. I do love it for everything else though. But if I were to see a new iPhone that looked like the antennae was redesigned, I'd seriously think about getting one before my contract was up.
post #60 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Gotta love when the trolls stop trying to defend a point and instead only take passive-aggressive jabs at those with sound arguments.

Frankly, why even bother......
post #61 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Why is it so strange that he prioritizes a larger screen and/or a new enclosure over internal speed bumps only? It is not necessarily a superficial fashion statement for everyone who thinks this way.

Maybe the speed of the iPhone 4 is good enough for his needs. But maybe he thinks that the iPhone 4 enclosure is too squared and not comfortable to hold. And maybe his eyesight isn't as good as yours and could really use a larger screen. And, maybe he doesn't like a phone that has glass on both sides of the phone instead of just one, doubling his chances of cracking a panel.

Why do you want to try to minimize and label someone else's priorities as invalid?

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post





Bullshit!



Denial.
post #62 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

Denial.

Major.
post #63 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

Denial.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #64 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


More like.....

post #65 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

More like.....


Interesting that you bring up that image ...

I remember thinking that Jobs was in his fluctuating state of health, and yet he showed up at a time of *crisis* to defend the company. The defense was not perfect - masterfully reassuring in some ways and typically dismissive in others. But he achieved the desired outcome - the spotlight was deflected onto others and the iPhone surge continued. Few industry leaders could have pulled this off, particularly in a physically weakened state. My admiration for him went up that day.

Bottom line - the buying public gave this antennagate issue a rest. Why don't you do so too?
post #66 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post


Bottom line - the buying public gave this antennagate issue a rest. Why don't you do so too?

Good points and I have let it go. I just don't deny it as if it never existed or rewrite history and claim that it's all "lies" and "bullshit". Or make statements like- just because MY........
And I didn't bring it up, I was responding to the drivel.
post #67 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Good points and I have let it go. I just don't deny it as if it never existed or rewrite history and claim that it's alllies and bullshit. Or make statements like- just because MY........
And I didn't bring it up, I was responding to the drivel.

1) Obviously you haven't since you decided to claim that the iPhone 4 was inherently flawed because Apple gave away cases for 2 months for a product now running 16 months.

2) My anecdotal evidence was to shatter your BS claim that the iPhone 4 couldn't hold a single by design, not to claim that my experience was inherent of all users. It's you that are making false, BS claims about an issue that was only an issue the media drummed up, not anything that affected the user base as my questions which you've repeatedly failed to address show.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #68 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) Obviously you haven't since you decided to claim that the iPhone 4 was inherently flawed because Apple gave away cases for 2 months for a product now running 16 months.

2) My anecdotal evidence was to shatter your BS claim that the iPhone 4 couldn't hold a single by design, not to claim that my experience was inherent of all users. It's you that are making false, BS claims about an issue that was only an issue the media drummed up, not anything that affected the user base as my questions — which you've repeatedly failed to address — show.

Geez. If he says he has let it go, why not assume it is from that post onward and just drop it?
post #69 of 77
I am glad this antennagate has revisited. Gives me a chance to revisit my favorite response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Interesting that you bring up that image ...

I remember thinking that Jobs was in his fluctuating state of health, and yet he showed up at a time of *crisis* to defend the company. The defense was not perfect - masterfully reassuring in some ways and typically dismissive in others. But he achieved the desired outcome - the spotlight was deflected onto others and the iPhone surge continued. Few industry leaders could have pulled this off, particularly in a physically weakened state. My admiration for him went up that day.

Bottom line - the buying public gave this antennagate issue a rest. Why don't you do so too?
post #70 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Geez. If he says he has let it go, why not assume it is from that post onward and just drop it?

The fact that the topic evokes such anger for solipsism suggests that
deep down, he knows he is wrong and that the iPhone 4 is infact, a flawed device. He is awash in denial and therefore is unable to let it go.
post #71 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

The fact that the topic evokes such anger for solipsism suggests that deep down, he knows he is wrong and that the iPhone 4 is infact, a flawed device. He is awash in denial and therefore is unable to let it go.

Again, if you truly believe that then you shouldn't have any problems answering the simple questions presented on this forum by me and others.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #72 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

The fact that the topic evokes such anger for solipsism suggests that
deep down, he knows he is wrong and that the iPhone 4 is infact, a flawed device. He is awash in denial and therefore is unable to let it go.

It's times like this that being a teetotaler is most painful.

Because I can't just drown my sorrows that someone, somewhere actually BELIEVES this load of abject nonsense in alcohol.

Ah, well. Chug a half-gallon of water and I should be right as rain.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #73 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's times like this that being a teetotaler is most painful.

Because I can't just drown my sorrows that someone, somewhere actually BELIEVES this load of abject nonsense in alcohol.

Ah, well. Chug a half-gallon of water and I should be right as rain.

Judging by the nature of the totality your posts, I'd say you should imbibe.

'Right as rain'. I like that idiom. Kinda like, 'thick as thieves' or 'thick as a brick'.
post #74 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

The fact that the topic evokes such anger for solipsism suggests that
deep down, he knows he is wrong and that the iPhone 4 is infact, a flawed device. He is awash in denial and therefore is unable to let it go.

Or more likely, like many of us I suspect, he is tired of the same old flawed arguments that the iPhone has a worse antenna problem than most other phones, and sometimes fails to refrain from rising to the bait. There you go - now I'm doing it too...
post #75 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Or more likely, like many of us I suspect, he is tired of the same old flawed arguments that the iPhone has a worse antenna problem than most other phones, and sometimes fails to refrain from rising to the bait. There you go - now I'm doing it too...

Hard times.
post #76 of 77
Those claiming that having an external antenna means the iPhone 4 was flawed are now A) now eating crow that the iPhone 4S also has an external antenna design, or B) working fervently to defend some new point that they never claimed it was the externally placed antenna. Less your BS start….
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #77 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Those claiming that having an external antenna means the iPhone 4 was flawed are now A) now eating crow that the iPhone 4S also has an external antenna design, or B) working fervently to defend some new point that they never claimed it was the externally placed antenna. Less your BS start.

"HERP DERP Apple updated the antenna didn't you watch the keynote it says now two way antenna that must mean they changed it because of the antennagate HERP DERP."

There. I've done it for them. Now we don't have to deal with it.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › German carrier lists Apple 'iPhone 4S' in 16GB, 32GB & 64GB capacities