or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple rejects Samsung compromise offer for Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple rejects Samsung compromise offer for Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia - Page 2

post #41 of 47
When I read about a deal proposed by Samsung in Australian court, I got impression that Samsung offerd Apple a deal like droping concerned functions. It turned out it there was no such deal.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-persists.html

It says
"Samsung had offered to agree to a quick trial on Apples patent claim if Apple agreed to drop its demand for a ban on the sale of the Galaxy 10.1, Young said. Apple rejected the proposal, he said"
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

When I read about a deal proposed by Samsung in Australian court, I got impression that Samsung offerd Apple a deal like droping concerned functions. It turned out it there was no such deal.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-persists.html

It says
"Samsung had offered to agree to a quick trial on Apples patent claim if Apple agreed to drop its demand for a ban on the sale of the Galaxy 10.1, Young said. Apple rejected the proposal, he said"

An article by the 9to5 guys generally says Apple has no interest in settling the case even if Samsung removed all the offending features that Apple claims as theirs (the apparent "secret" Samsung offer). They simply don't want the Tab sold under any circumstances whether it infringes or not, if the article is accurate.

http://9to5google.com/2011/10/04/app...10-1-features/
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

An article by the 9to5 guys generally says Apple has no interest in settling the case even if Samsung removed all the offending features that Apple claims as theirs (the apparent "secret" Samsung offer). They simply don't want the Tab sold under any circumstances whether it infringes or not, if the article is accurate.

http://9to5google.com/2011/10/04/app...10-1-features/

I thinks so. Apple does not want to settle with Samsung in any circumstances, even if Samsung removes features Apple bring in the court. They will find ways to prevent GT sales in Australia where seems to be listening Apple more. It is not about infringing patents, it is about monopoly, IMO. I hate Apple in this regards.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Still banned over a drawing...I can't agree with that unless the drawing was actually used in the design of a product. It wasn't.

I don't see how people can agree to that. That means any company with any drawing can essentially attempt to bar any company over any product similar to the drawing of the non-existent product.

It'd be an easier pill to swallow if the Tab looked like the iPad exactly or if the TouchWiz overlay was a rip of iOS.


What you're talking about will go over most people's heads. It's not necessarily the likeness between the actual tablets that's caused the ban, agreed.
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post

What you're talking about will go over most people's heads. It's not necessarily the likeness between the actual tablets that's caused the ban, agreed.

That applied only to the case in Germany. At least in Australia they'r using more specific claims regarding patents.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #46 of 47
I'm curious if Samsung's shot across the bow regarding the iPhone 4S in Europe might give Apple renewed interest in settling this. Classic IP litigation: I show you my portfolio, you show me yours and we'll see who's got the bigger stack.
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

You don't contact the company you copy and offer a compromise [an olive branch] if you have the upper hand.

Exactly. I was taught many years ago that once two negotiating parties each make an opening statement, the next one to speak has already lost.

Samsung has been unable to get any court anywhere to place an injunction on an Apple product. Yet Samsung has lost several rounds in various countries. Advantage Apple.
If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
Reply
If two people always agree, then one of them is redundant.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple rejects Samsung compromise offer for Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple rejects Samsung compromise offer for Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia