or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Coding for X in Objective C and C++

Coding for X in Objective C and C++ - Page 2

post #41 of 45
post #42 of 45
Just wondering, have you tried it recently? Much has changed over a three year period since it was shareware.
"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Think Different
"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Think Different
post #43 of 45
post #44 of 45
[quote]Originally posted by graphiteman:
<strong>Are you referring to BASIC code (with line numbers, GOTO statements, etc) or REALbasic code (with complete object orientation, strong typing, etc)?</strong><hr></blockquote>
[quote]<strong>Please, everyone, before we continue this discussion, if you haven't already done so, download the REALbasic demo and play with it for 5 minutes. I think you will be somewhat surprised at what you see.</strong><hr></blockquote>
I played with the RealBasic demo a few months ago, and I have worked with VisualBasic for my job. They are very similar. Both have a syntax based on the terrible BASIC programming language, and I hate them both with an equal passion.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.".
-- Dijkstra
"There are two ways of constructing a software design: one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no...
"There are two ways of constructing a software design: one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no...
post #45 of 45
What's so wrong with the BASIC language, and what does REALbasic do that's so similar?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Coding for X in Objective C and C++