or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 4 drops to $99 while Apple makes iPhone 3GS free with contract

iPhone 4 drops to $99 while Apple makes iPhone 3GS free with contract - Page 2

post #41 of 43
I predicted the iPhone 3GS would live on as the entry level model last week and was shot down with cries of the "the 3GS is dead". 25 years experience in the IT industry does have some advantages.
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I predicted the iPhone 3GS would live on as the entry level model last week and was shot down with cries of the "the 3GS is dead". 25 years experience in the IT industry does have some advantages.

IDK if the iPhone 4S is going to be enough of an upgrade to tempt current iPhone 4 owners.

I can tell you that I can't ditch my laggy, sleepy, sometimes-responsive-sometimes-not 3GS (with iOS 4.x) fast enough.

I think it's a strategic mistake to sell an iPhone model that isn't teh snappies to new customers, as that's been one of the differentiating factors between an iPhone and many Android phones (my work Sprint EVO as an example).

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by icibaqu View Post

I would see how Sprint fares with the iPhone when your policy expires. Then I would upgrade to 4Gs unless you are willing to wait until Oct 2012

Thanks for the reply.
Given I take decent care of my phone is it likely to last another year from now?
Sprint sounds like a good idea but most of my "wireless" contacts are on AT&T.

Peace.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 4 drops to $99 while Apple makes iPhone 3GS free with contract