or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies - Page 4

post #121 of 365
I feel like I have lost a friend today. I will remember him my whole life.
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
post #122 of 365
That explains why the apple team was so glum yesterday
Rest I peace steve
And thank you for looking out for us
He was the only normal person working in a geek filled industry
He knew how to make it easy to the man on the street
Thank you
post #123 of 365
For the Greatest Innovator of my time-you will be missed Steve, YOU WILL BE MISSED! May your family be strong going forward and be allowed to mourn in peace.
post #124 of 365
Here's to the man that never settled for good enough. A true visionary. Rest In Peace Steve Jobs
Thanks for changing our world.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #125 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

A sad irony that I got an alert of Steve's passing on the iPad. RIP

Me too. Well actually, my girlfriend was borrowing it, and she called me and said, "I opened up your iPad and it gave me some sad news!" \

In any case, he will be dearly missed. It's weird, since I never met the guy. But I feel almost like a family friend or something passed.
post #126 of 365
"Almost everything: all external expectations, all pride all fear of embarrassment or failure. These things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."

- Steve Jobs -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #127 of 365
What an immense loss, for me, for all of us.

My dealest condolescence to His family and His friends and colleagues.
post #128 of 365

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

post #129 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Here's to the Crazy One.

And may God rest his soul.
post #130 of 365
Thanks for everything, Steve. RIP.
post #131 of 365
R i P
post #132 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Wow! Just wow!

After following Steve for over 30 years it feels like a death in the family.

Thanks, Steve, for everything.

RIP

Absolutely the same here. From a longtime Brazilian Apple fan, Steve represented for me the force of the "good misfit" against status quo, establishment and lack of originality in the industry and the world as a whole.

Steve, ever since 1989 I have come to love Apple products and recommend them to others; and without ever owning a single piece of Apple stock I have provided long hours of free support to switchers and veterans alike. And why? Because you made us believe in perfectionism, even when the whole globe was proclaiming Apple dead in the 90s. You have shown that he who truly believes in the impossible, achieves it.

May the infinitely good Christian God bless you and your loved ones in this new journey towards infinity, and forgive your sins as any ordinary human being...you deserve the rest of the victors now.

Descanse em paz!
iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
post #133 of 365
Almost no one has had as big an influence on my day-to-day life, as you. Thank you. You will be missed.
post #134 of 365
I truly respected he man.... We have all lost a lot..
post #135 of 365
RIP Steve Jobs, the world has lost one of the greats, we miss you and love you, truly sad day.
post #136 of 365
To borrow a quote from many years ago,

Quote:
Now he belongs to the ages..

RIP Steve.

Sincerest condolences to friends, family, AppleINC, and the entire Apple community.
post #137 of 365
Oh, wow, I was hoping his health was not in decline, but rather he quit being CEO to get stronger. Guess he was there to the end after all. I had been looking for accounts of his health yesterday and today after I read there was an empty front row seat at the Apple Event yesterday, that just made me nervous that he wouldn't be at an event if he could. I saw the news in another thread here, thought the post was trolling, but then there were several other posts about it, so I jumped to Yahoo right away.

I live just South of Cupertino, after a day of broken sun and clouds right now it is dark and rainy again. Much like how my heart is at this moment.

Rest in Peace Steve, you will be missed so incredibly much. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

-GiGi (Apple user since 1987)
post #138 of 365
I never met Steve. I never heard him speak in person. Yet, he put so much of himself into Apple and into its products that I use everyday, that I feel I have lost a long-time personal friend.

My deepest condolences to his family and to all of those at Apple.

Don
post #139 of 365
"I wonder if Apple will be able to sustain their level of innovation and growth over the long term without Steve Jobs to lead the way"

Yes, it will, Steve was a leader, and a good leader creates leaders, Apple will stay growing as long as they follow Steve's business ideas.

George
post #140 of 365
All sympathies to his family.
Thank you for everything, Steve.
post #141 of 365
There's no reason for it to, but Steve's death feels like a personal loss to me. I've been a loyal Apple devotee since high school, since before I even knew who Steve Jobs was. Apple's products, and in a way the company itself, has since become an integral part of my everyday life, and Steve Jobs an inspiration to me like no other.

R.I.P. Steve. Thanks for everything. My heartfelt best wishes go out to his family.

"Be aware of wonder." ~ Robert Fulghum

"Be aware of wonder." ~ Robert Fulghum

post #142 of 365
Wow this is sad news. So sad news.
post #143 of 365
9to5Mac has additional reactions to the sad news from Mr. Jobs family, Tm Cook and Bill Gates.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/05/apple-...s-passed-away/
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #144 of 365
Not only did SJ shaped several industries but the way people embrace technology.
His vision was just amazing. The companies he built transformed not only Apple and Disney through Next and Pixar respectively but their respective competitors. He inspired the people he worked with and some of us through products that offered "simple brilliance".

May he rest in peace!
-HR
post #145 of 365
Thank you, Steve. You are responsible for the current stage of my career, I love developing for the iPhone.
post #146 of 365
A visionary for all of us, from so many years ago,
His loyal faithful, we never said "no"
We all believed in the genius of thee
His team, their products, yet still not many believed
Then came the iMac, the iPod and more
Now we all carry iPhones and iPads galore
The world knows what all us early believers believed
We lost our Visionary today, our hero, our Steve.

We will miss your genius and passion for perfection.

Warren B.
Switching people to Apple since 1985.
post #147 of 365
Thank you Steve. You've touched lot of people in so many ways (myself included) and left this earth far too early. I'm glad to have been around in having been able to experience both the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs being a part of the Apple "family".

Rest in Peace
post #148 of 365
For me his final words "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish," still resonate from his Stanford speech. He will be missed by so many people on so many levels. The world is a better place by his accomplishments. My prayers go out for him and his family. God bless and rest in peace Steve!
post #149 of 365
namaste.
post #150 of 365
It's sad to see him go. I hope his next life is just as amazing as this one was.

Now I wonder what Apple will do without him. The latest iPod Touch non-update was pathetic. White.... really?

The Mac Book Air is pretty cool.

The iPad is great too.

The iPhones are OK but they don't cater to video media as well as they could.

Will Apple come out with a new type of device that the world will embrace? We'll only know as the next couple of years pass.

Will Apple try to hire Woz in a more active role as a tech visionary? In an interview not to long ago he mentioned that he wanted to talk to Steve about something that he wanted to do many years ago but the technology wasn't advanced enough but now it is.

post #151 of 365
I couldn't believe the news when I heard. I know he's been ill but you always wish for the best when it comes to one of our best. As I was reading article after article covering this sad piece of news, it wasn't until I went to the Apple web site that it became real. Seeing that immediately brought tears to my eyes.

I remember even as a teenager, how Apple computers were always just somehow more inspired than IBM and their clones. My first computer was an Apple Iic. The first computer class I took was on Apple IIe and II pluses. Oh how these little machines inspired.

Steve was a true visionary and a very smart businessman. He was the kind of role model you aspired to be like. Today, we lost a person who both directly and indirectly positively influenced the way we all function on a day to day basis.

Rest in peace Steve. You will indeed be missed.
post #152 of 365
Rest in Peace Steve.

You're responsible for helping shape our world as it is today, and you're influence and accomplishments will be felt by every one of us until we one day join you.

Rest in Peace, if anyone deserves to it's you.
post #153 of 365
Thanks for all that you have done, Steve Jobs.

My prayers go out to your family and loved ones.

Rest in peace.
post #154 of 365
Thanks, Steve.

Sent from my Mac.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #155 of 365
When i using my ipad2 this morning 615am (Vietnam Time), it felt from my hand and drop on the floor...and 10mins i watch the Bloomberg News, announcing he has passed away...
Really a sad new to the global fan...i have bought my first mac book pro and ipone 3g in 2008 and no others brand afterward...
Every one will missed him for sure...
post #156 of 365
Rest in peace, Steve.

The world is a better place because of you.
post #157 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

[Admin note: I deleted the trolling posts and all replies related thereto; we don't need shit like that in a thread like this.]

This news is very sad.

I am grateful that Steve founded Apple, and probably more so that he returned and saved the company. People should be in no doubt, if it wasn't for Steve, Apple would have died in the late 90s/early 2000s and we wouldn't have seen any of their greatest products: iPod, iPhone, OS X, unibody MacBooks, iPad.

Please keep moderating this thread Mr H.

RIP Steve, a truly inspirational guy and leader. From my first MacII to my current stuff, you made it all work so much better than the other guys effort. Condolences to your family......

To all Apple employees, you are everything because of Steve and we all encourage you stay that way, think different and keep moving forward in the direction Steve pointed you. You can do it.

Graham
post #158 of 365
damn... steve left just when the party got started...
post #159 of 365
RIP - your ideas and vision will live forever

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

post #160 of 365
Thanks Steve!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies