or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies - Page 7

post #241 of 365
iR.I.P.
Life is complex: it's a combination of real and imaginary components.
Life is complex: it's a combination of real and imaginary components.
post #242 of 365
Every once in a while a revolutionary 'product' comes along that changes everything.

Steve, this is you. RIP
post #243 of 365
iSad. Peace to you Mr. Jobs & family....
post #244 of 365
I can't believe I'm writing these words ....

I don't believe in Heaven, but I hope there is one for people like Steve.

Rest peacefully, Mr. Jobs ....
"Technology Alone Is Not Enough -- Married With The Liberal Arts & The Humanities,
It Yields Us The Results That Make Our Hearts Sing." - Steven P. Jobs
"Technology Alone Is Not Enough -- Married With The Liberal Arts & The Humanities,
It Yields Us The Results That Make Our Hearts Sing." - Steven P. Jobs
post #245 of 365
I got my first Apple computer in February 1993. It was a Macintosh IIvi. It had a 16 MHz processor and 4 MB of RAM. Ever since, I have had at least one Apple device in my life because my life was always improved in some way through owning one. Steve's company and products improved a lot of lives and he will be very deeply missed.

Thank you, Steve Jobs, for all that you gave the world.
post #246 of 365
We all think and feel the same sadness, we all know his accomplishments, but although I never met him I am truly saddened by this news. Feels like I lost a favorite uncle. In some small way maybe it would make him smile that I first read this on my iPhone 3GS.

I live in Silicon Valley and it rained today and raining tonight. Silicon Valley cries.

I feel very happy that I've actually been on Apple's campus in the past and ate lunch in their cafeteria with someone who worked there.

For all the memories and pushing us past flip-phones, DOS, and manila colored computers (and a lot more), thank you Mr. Jobs. Respect!
post #247 of 365
What's interesting is that until now I'd only thought of my attitude towards Steve as admiration and appreciation for what he'd accomplished.

But I feel kind of sad, like I feel like I personally lost something. It's interesting how people can touch and affect those the've never met.

Take care, Steve. See you in the next.

You did not come into the world to fail. You came into the world to succeed.

- Gordon Hinckley

You did not come into the world to fail. You came into the world to succeed.

- Gordon Hinckley

post #248 of 365
wow just absolutely gutted, what a shame, oh the vawncast of it all. Rest in peace stevie
post #249 of 365
This is so fucking sad.

post #250 of 365
RIP.

You will be sorely missed and always remembered.

This is hitting me very hard and I've never met the guy, godspeed Steve.
post #251 of 365
How long until everyone in the afterlife is rocking an iPhone?
post #252 of 365
damm it. say it ain't so!!!!!

RIP Steve.
post #253 of 365
Thank you, Steve, for making my world a better place.

RIP.

--GTSC
post #254 of 365
But most of all, thank you Laurene, Reed, Erin and Eve for sharing your husband/father with the world. As you continue this journey called life, know that everywhere you look you will be able to observe the difference your husband and father made in this world.

We all mourn the loss of our great innovator but our thoughts are with you who have lost so much more. God bless you.
post #255 of 365
Quote:
Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.......

.....No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Select but very true words from Mr. Jobs.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #256 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robre View Post

...so sad - while I'm sitting here in the office - almost paralyzed. What comes to my mind is an image from the keynote yesterday. That chair in the front row with a big "Reserved" sign on it...

It has extra significance today - sniff

post #257 of 365
You were one of my greatest inspirations, Steve. Will miss you a lot.

My deepest condolences to your family, Apple team and all the Apple fans around the world.

Rest in Peace

post #258 of 365
I am glad he got to see one more of his dreams, this one from 1987, be born into reality.

Apple knowledge Navigator ~ iPhone 4S + Siri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGYFEI6uLy0

Thank you Steve, and be at peace. You have inspired us to dream big and to work even bigger.
post #259 of 365
A true innovator and hero that will be greatly missed but not forgotten

He was a visionary and his legacy will continue to change the world for the better for years to come.

Deepest condolences to the family.

Sent from my iOS device stored in iCloud
post #260 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndertow View Post

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case...RIP Steve and thanks for being a pioneer.

Wasn't Jonthan Ive's the so called designer and how things looked, whereas Steve priced things so that for a little more $$$ you get what you really want, so you go in wanting to spend $999 and spend $2000.

But seriously REST IN PEACE, and he will, it is a very sad day, and now, its going to suck not seeing him on stage, wow, that was fast. Man oh Man, fast.
post #261 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskymac View Post

A tear? I've been crying non stop for an hour. I think I won't be able to do my Chemistry test tomorrow.

Do your chem test tomorrow and think of Steve - he'd want you to excel!

All the best.
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #262 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

All the best.

He'd want him to Numbers. (Sorry, couldn't resist)
post #263 of 365
I'm so sad but yet thankful I was able to see Steve Jobs keynote
address at Macworld 2000
post #264 of 365
Such a treat to have lived in your time.
Hopefully we can all meet to thank you personally in an afterlife.
Condolences to the family and to Apple.
Keep the faith. Long live Steve Jobs!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...qOL_story.html
post #265 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskymac View Post

A tear? I've been crying non stop for an hour. I think I won't be able to do my Chemistry test tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

He'd want him to Numbers. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I stand corrected - Steve would want you to do your best! We're all very sad but inspired as well by a life well lived. \
post #266 of 365
OSX Lion, how appropriate that the Lion was saved for now. Steve Jobs, the truly regal Lion of Apple. Long may his spirit live. Thank you for everything.
post #267 of 365
The lights that burn the brightest seldom burn the longest.

Thank you, Steve.
post #268 of 365
Mr Jobs your vision and truth will be missed. May you rest in peace!

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

Tallest Skil:

"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."

post #269 of 365
RIP Steve.
post #270 of 365
R.I.P. Steve
post #271 of 365
sad day for the world and apple

may his memory be eternal

iPhone4(for)S(teve)
post #272 of 365
Steve was instrumental in shaping the future we all live in today. Sadly, this is his last stop on that journey. We will continue on without him.

I think this rememberance written by Walt Mossberg is a fitting eulogy:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...041665792.html

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #273 of 365
Thanks Steve

post #274 of 365
Glad I still have the video for his last public appearance at the Apple WWDC 2011 Keynote Address for iOS5 and iCloud. I will save it forever.

He was one of my few inspirations. Respect always.
post #275 of 365
Steve knew how to make it rain on the competition.
I believe Tim Cook will take Apple to the next realm though.
It has only just begun!
RIP Steve!
post #276 of 365
BTW. Google is honouring SJ on their homepage too.

Europe is waking up to this:

http://www.google.com/
post #277 of 365
Reincarnate, Steven P. Jobs, and lead another revolution of Human-Technology coexistence.

To the best boss I've ever known and the only one I've ever admired and respected across the board.

R.I.P.
post #278 of 365
Probably just a crazy dream of mine, but it would almost not surprise me if it turned out that a "One More Thing" finale was planned for yesterday's Apple eventin classic Steve style. The pic of the empty 'reserved' chair at the front of the auditorium is very telling.

It's nearly 5:30 am in the UK and I haven't slept a wink.

Still can't quite believe Steve is gone.
post #279 of 365
Here's to the crazy ones - the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers; the round pegs in the square holes - the ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things; they push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius... because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world... are the ones who do.

in piam memoriam, Steve.
post #280 of 365
R.I.P. Steve Jobs. You will be missed.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies