or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies - Page 9

post #321 of 365
you will never be forgotton, you helped mould the world into what it is today. goodbye you will always be an idol to those who know your achievments, a true visionary and i will not forget you or your vision.
Ok i admit it i'm a Fanboy, and my opinions are alway's biast towards my love for apple
Ok i admit it i'm a Fanboy, and my opinions are alway's biast towards my love for apple
post #322 of 365
Quote:
Steven Paul Jobs

... insanely great...

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

"Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish."

Most people term Steve Jobs' intensity as passion but it is indeed Love.

Love is the universal vital force that is creative and brilliant and to be in love or passionate about someone or something or an idea is really a symptom of Love.

It is that Love, that Life Force and Brilliance, that original and creative vitality, that Steve Jobs, like no other, put into his work, into his baby Apple Inc, into his many products, and I'm sure into his family, and that energy, once embedded into each and every product and into Apple itself, is recognized by everyone.

We all feel the Love, Beauty, Brilliance, Creativity, Joy and Light in Apple's products and, in a Love starved human society, that's why we desperatly want to buy them, own them, show them off. For they bring those very same qualities into our life as well.

Many Apple fans recognized this when they described Apple's struggles with their copycats as the fight between good and evil.

This Love is the energy behind Steve Jobs, Apple's products and Apple, Inc..

This Love is the energy Steve Jobs used to build his company and choosing its workforce and the reason why everybody, consciously or not, are relaxed regarding Apple's future without Jobs' physical presence. Apple is full of Love centric people who can do anything other than execute on the principles of Love and its many expressions. Even its organization, I speculate, is built upon that same core energy.

That Love energy is obviously expressed into the new Apple spaceship headquarters in more ways than one. It is like a castle protecting the Love inside. It's like a spaceship indeed, where dreams and vision can fly and become materialized in purity with little interference. It's shaped as a 0 (zero) which, like the number 1, spells Unicity and God. 0 and 1, the digital values.

Last but not least, Steve's comments about life and death came from experience: he "died" when he was thrown out of the company he started. But, while he turned that into an opportunity, he used it as the base to re-invent himself and start with a clean slate. And what this "death" brought him the most was summed up in this word: [b]Focus.[\\b]

Love, Brilliance (a derivative of Love) and Focus (a lot of Love).

His lessons to the world. His legacy. Our inheritance from Steve Jobs.

The world is now a better place, the world is richer!

I Love Steve Jobs.

Long live Steve Jobs!

Long live Apple, Inc.!

Wishes of Joy, Love and Light to all, especially to Steve Jobs' family and friends (Steve's family is indeed great).
post #323 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by user23 View Post

I never feel depressed. Yet...Today, I feel like something really important has left my life and I am..damn..depressed.

As a taoist, I have been endeavoring to cultivate a mindset of non-attachment to events such as that of Steve Jobs' passing. It is, after all, part of the wonder of life. But...ugh. I can only cry as I think and think about this. So much for years of, ahem, cultivation.

It was thanks to a power mac and photoshop and a pilfered computer lab account at a local university (years and decades ago) which led to a career in graphic design...and the subsequent dollars earned which let me purchase a house..put my (now ex-) wife through acupuncture school, etc. etc. etc. The years of my life..which directly benefited from learning layout, design, the wonder of fonts, the infinitude of photoshop's flexibility...were the best I have spent on this planet thus far.

I think..I think today...my sadness really comes from understanding..deeply and with a lamentable finality..that those days are gone. Yet, still...I can't help but directly attribute the wonder-years of my beingness to the life of Steve Jobs and his vision which resulted in similar tales for so many others..of course there were others like him who accomplished similar things...but...His belief in his vision was of such breadth that I was able to butter my bread for years and years. For, should have Bill Gates and Windows been the only option...well, hell, I probably would have ended up flipping burgers or something.

damn. It's complicated, I don't understand entirely. I'm grieving for something...Steve Jobs..a former life. Who knows. All I know is that some thing is missing..and it hit me like a hammer to the head when I walked by an LCD t.v. in Metrotown mall announcing that Steve was dead. fuck.

source: http://jmak.tumblr.com/post/9377189056

The Way doesn't ask you to fight your Humanity. Just Live It.
post #324 of 365
Steve, you once told me that you were going to change the world. you did what you said.

I will miss you my friend.
post #325 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedGreen View Post

Until today, I have never cried for the death of someone I've never known personally. I knew it was coming, but not so soon. So soon.

His Stanford address says so much about who he was and why Apple is the company it is. It is so rare to find vision, passion for perfection, philosophical reflection and a maverick attitude and sales savvy all in one person, but Steve had the lot.

Such a loss to his family, the Apple, the tech world and every one of us that uses a product from Apple or one that has been influenced by them. And that's a lot.

Gone, yes, but forgotten, never.

Same here. I always felt it was silly to cry over 'celebs', but this really got to me. Such a loss. iSad.
post #326 of 365
What Steve Jobs created had and has great impact upon my life, and I guess for many others here as well.

To me this is the saddest day of this year.

Thank you Steve Jobs and so long.
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד
post #327 of 365
Here's to Steve, a true visionary, one who was able to see the forest through the trees. You will be missed.

K
post #328 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Beige View Post

Steve, you once told me that you were going to change the world. you did what you said.

I will miss you my friend.

Sorry for your loss (I'm going on your word that your words are true)
post #329 of 365
This is sad. RIP Steve Jobs
iPad 3, Galaxy S4
iPad 3, Galaxy S4
post #330 of 365
We miss you Steve!
post #331 of 365
Thanks for everything Steve! May you rest in peace.
post #332 of 365
My generation grew up with the Jetsons, Star Trek... We all expected the future to arrive, only Jobs had the vision to give it to us.
post #333 of 365
We're all poorer for this loss. But thankfully, Steve Jobs has inspired the world's technologists, myself included, and his mark is lasting. Godspeed, Steve.
post #334 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotJeff View Post

We're all poorer for this loss. But thankfully, Steve Jobs has inspired the world's technologists, myself included, and his mark is lasting. Godspeed, Steve.

That's the important issue that seems to get overlooked.

If Steve were merely a great innovator, then his passing would be the end. But, instead, he created not only great products, but a great organization with a spirit of innovation. Apple will carry on without him and will continue to be a testament to his creativity.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #335 of 365
As a generational peer and someone who had the privilege to watch and participate in the rise of personal computing, Steve (and the rest of course) was so fun to watch, even when he was ousted from Apple and started NeXT, it was intriguing to see how he continued to drive the vision he had for excellence and for keying in on what's important. His influence at Pixar seems to have driven success there as well. His return to Apple marked an ascendancy that (at the time) seemed unlikely, but knowing him and in retrospect was only inevitable.

I noticed the empty chair with the Reserved sign on it - perhaps it will be a hallmark of keynotes to come, but Steve built a strong legacy machine at Apple. They will have to shake off the effects of this impact, but I believe Steve built Apple with the same uncompromising laser focus and attention to detail and excellence he brought to everything he did.

As a cancer survivor and contemporary of Steve, I am pleased and gratified to have enjoyed Apple products for such a long time, to have watched him do such cool things in my time and his. Requiescat in pace, Mr. Jobs, you deserve it.
If you are going to insist on being an ass, at least demonstrate the intelligence to be a smart one
If you are going to insist on being an ass, at least demonstrate the intelligence to be a smart one
post #336 of 365
He was awesome and it completely blows that he couldn't stick around more, but honestly, the way some people talk about him, you'd think a cult's messiah had died.

I'll tell you one thing; I didn't realize how sick he was. I mean I knew he was skinny sick, but with as much money as he's got, I guess I just figured doctors could fix him and we would continue to see his influence. His stepping down meant nothing to me (because again I didn't realize how sick he was) and I figured he would still be doing his thing over at Apple, but I guess he knew it was coming soon

I hope to see Apple continue to make strides in the right direction, but we all know Steve Jobs was Apple, so who knows. This sucks.
post #337 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanblue85 View Post

Thanks Steve

This is very beautiful. Apple has been left with a Steve-sized hole in its heart.

Where can I get a higher resolution version of this? I'd like to use it as the desktop background for all of my Macs.

RIP Steve. You have awakened the beast within me.
post #338 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by kForceZero View Post

You have awakened the beast within me.

what does that mean?
post #339 of 365
Steve's Legacy...
iCreated iInnovated iLived
Thank you Steve

maroot nanakul
redmond, washington
post #340 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

what does that mean?

By that I mean, he's awakened the passion within me.
post #341 of 365

A very fine tribute from a tumblr user.

(URL of image for credit: http://jmak.tumblr.com/post/9377189056)
post #342 of 365
I've been a Mac user since my parents bought a PowerMac 6500 when I was 10 years old. I still remember the excitement of opening the box and watching my father set it up - along with a Color StyleWriter Printer and a 56K modem.

AppleInsider was the first Apple-centric site I visited (mainly for the Genius Bar), and even though I haven't posted in a while, it just seemed right to come back "home" and leave a reply.

Like so many others, I heard the news yesterday on my iPhone. I got a call from my wife (herself using my hand-me-down iPhone 3GS) tell me Steve was gone. It wasn't surprising to me, but incredibly sad. More than anything it feels like the end of an era. Silicon Valley (and Apple) is full of smart, driven, and talented people doing amazing work every day, but Steve was the original.

His was a truly American life - the stuff of legend. A pull-yourself-up-from-the-bootstraps tale of humble beginnings, grand success, grand failure - and then redemption. Redemption in the most incredible of ways. We all know Apple's story. It will be talked about in business schools forever - much like Alexander, Napoleon, and Robert E. Lee are talked about at War Colleges and Military Academies.

I've never been one to mourn celebrities. They are human, after all. But I found myself at an utter loss last night as to how to deal with my grief. It seemed silly for one grown man to cry for another he never knew, but then I realized that more than all of the products he flaunted over the years, his greatest accomplishment was the company that made it all possible. I love Apple. I've loved it since I first heard the start-up chime. And if Apple is Steve's greatest creation, then I guess I loved Steve - and that's why a 26-year-old, grown-ass man with a wife, a job, a Mac mini, Macbook Pro, 2 iPhones, an iPod, and a million memories with each of them had to finally break down and shed tears for the man he only knew through his products.

Thanks, Steve. It was one hell of a ride!

Always, always - here's to the crazy ones...

MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB HDD
Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB HDD
iPod 5th Generation, 30GB
iPhone 4, 32GB
MacBook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB HDD
Mac mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB HDD
iPod 5th Generation, 30GB
iPhone 4, 32GB
post #343 of 365
Just finished reviewing this thread. I am so moved by the way the community has come together as if in a cyber reunion. New voices and voices from the past, regulars and old timers such as me all sharing our grief and loss. Thanks to the moderators for keeping out the few who would spoil the purity of this moment.

Though we frequently bicker and have very divergent political and social beliefs, it's nice that we have set those aside to remember what binds us together.

Thanks, friends.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #344 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

He was awesome and it completely blows that he couldn't stick around more, but honestly, the way some people talk about him, you'd think a cult's messiah had died.

I'll tell you one thing; I didn't realize how sick he was. I mean I knew he was skinny sick, but with as much money as he's got, I guess I just figured doctors could fix him and we would continue to see his influence. His stepping down meant nothing to me (because again I didn't realize how sick he was) and I figured he would still be doing his thing over at Apple, but I guess he knew it was coming soon

I hope to see Apple continue to make strides in the right direction, but we all know Steve Jobs was Apple, so who knows. This sucks.

Part of me had a sense that he would not step if he didn't have to. Like you, most of me refuted that logic and wanted to see him strut on stage 2-3 times every year for eternity.

The timing remains eerie to me, as if he held on long enough to see his last creations do the strut for him.
post #345 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Just finished reviewing this thread. I am so moved by the way the community has come together as if in a cyber reunion. New voices and voices from the past, regulars and old timers such as me all sharing our grief and loss. Thanks to the moderators for keeping out the few who would spoil the purity of this moment.

Though we frequently bicker and have very divergent political and social beliefs, it's nice that we have set those aside to remember what binds us together.

Thanks, friends.

I second that. Thanks to the moderators for keeping things civil & respectful. That's a lot more than I can say for my twitter feed (I had to unfollow a few jerks who just couldn't resist spewing hate or jealously or something). It's nice knowing I can visit this thread without having to put up with immature people. Thanks.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #346 of 365
I also noticed that the tone of this thread is far more respectful than what I saw on a few other tech sites. Thanks to all who kept it that way.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #347 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

I've been a Mac user since my parents bought a PowerMac 6500 when I was 10 years old. I still remember the excitement of opening the box and watching my father set it up - along with a Color StyleWriter Printer and a 56K modem.

AppleInsider was the first Apple-centric site I visited (mainly for the Genius Bar), and even though I haven't posted in a while, it just seemed right to come back "home" and leave a reply.

Like so many others, I heard the news yesterday on my iPhone. I got a call from my wife (herself using my hand-me-down iPhone 3GS) tell me Steve was gone. It wasn't surprising to me, but incredibly sad. More than anything it feels like the end of an era. Silicon Valley (and Apple) is full of smart, driven, and talented people doing amazing work every day, but Steve was the original.

His was a truly American life - the stuff of legend. A pull-yourself-up-from-the-bootstraps tale of humble beginnings, grand success, grand failure - and then redemption. Redemption in the most incredible of ways. We all know Apple's story. It will be talked about in business schools forever - much like Alexander, Napoleon, and Robert E. Lee are talked about at War Colleges and Military Academies.

I've never been one to mourn celebrities. They are human, after all. But I found myself at an utter loss last night as to how to deal with my grief. It seemed silly for one grown man to cry for another he never knew, but then I realized that more than all of the products he flaunted over the years, his greatest accomplishment was the company that made it all possible. I love Apple. I've loved it since I first heard the start-up chime. And if Apple is Steve's greatest creation, then I guess I loved Steve - and that's why a 26-year-old, grown-ass man with a wife, a job, a Mac mini, Macbook Pro, 2 iPhones, an iPod, and a million memories with each of them had to finally break down and shed tears for the man he only knew through his products.

Thanks, Steve. It was one hell of a ride!

Always, always - here's to the crazy ones...

Excellent post Ag. I hope you send something similar to rememberingsteve@apple.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Thanks to the moderators for keeping out the few who would spoil the purity of this moment.

I'm pleased to report that I've deleted very few posts. In fact, we only had two ass-hat posts so far (other deleted posts include replies to the ass-hats and spam). Thanks to everyone for keeping it civil.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
post #348 of 365
I started with Apple when I bought my own Apple ][+ as a kid. It had a 16k memory upgrade card. That computer was for me like it was for most of us, it opened up doors that we did not dream were there. It was the communicator before we had internet communication, the game console before we had game consoles, the hacking tool before hacking was looked at as a bad thing. It was revolutionary. And the stream of revolutionary products, concepts, services from Apple has rarely slowed since then.

So I take off my hat for Steve Jobs and Apple today. We have all lost a leader, an inspirational visionary whom may never be replaced. The path he blazed for us is so clear, it's not that hard to see which way we need to go. The journey is not hard, but the first step is tough.
post #349 of 365
I just came across this post over at Macworld from a few months ago. Love it.

Quote:
By mbdonner 4:20:11 PM PDT Aug 26, 2011
I bought a Mac Plus in 1984 or so, when it first came out. I never used a computer before that so I have been Mac all the way. Never worked with Windows, but I could always figure out how to use my brother's PC. One day I was shopping at the Armani store. I was standing next to some guy looking at ties and realized it was Steve Jobs. I told him I liked his computers and appreciated having resuscitated Apple when it looked like it was going down. He asked me if I had tried iMovie. It had just come out. He said that if I had kids, I should try it out. He got a little teary, and said he had just made an iMovie of his kids and that it was great and really easy. That's the whole story. A genuine, pleasant and unassuming guy who was really into doing things that other guys would like.
post #350 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I also noticed that the tone of this thread is far more respectful than what I saw on a few other tech sites. Thanks to all who kept it that way.

We can agree to disagree but we all know who brought us here.
post #351 of 365
the news hit me really profoundly when I had heard it, I walked into a rehearsal hall with my mates when one of them told me. I thought he had to have had it all wrong. I immediately went on my iphone and pulled up the news sites to make sure it wasn't true. It was.

The entire world, not just the computing industry lost a great person who made it his life's work to change how we do do things in many profound ways. Such that for decades, many of the other great companies, diligently copied him. And still do. Imitation is the greatest flattery and it sure applies here.

I'm sure Apple has been left with vision to spare, for years to come. He was -that- good.

RIP Steve.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
post #352 of 365
I don't know if you were a good man, a good friend, father, or boss. But I know that the world seems different today, Mr. Jobs, and that my world is a little bit nicer, more fun, and simpler because of what you did.

Thank you and God-speed.
post #353 of 365
My world will never be the same... starting today. Thank you for everything you've done.

"iOS 5 is the best phone we've ever made..." - Phil Schiller - Special Event September 12, 2012

"iOS 5 is the best phone we've ever made..." - Phil Schiller - Special Event September 12, 2012

post #354 of 365
Would you think that the 5th Ave Cube was "only" upgraded or might it be that it will be rebuilt somewhere for Steve to rest in peace with?

We all know how much of his is in it so would it not be the absolute best tombstone? I'd like it if it were me...

Time will tell...
Life is complex: it's a combination of real and imaginary components.
Life is complex: it's a combination of real and imaginary components.
post #355 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felman View Post

Would you think that the 5th Ave Cube was "only" upgraded or might it be that it will be rebuilt somewhere for Steve to rest in peace with?

We all know how much of his is in it so would it not be the absolute best tombstone? I'd like it if it were me...

Time will tell...

I'll eat my hat if Steve Jobs is not cremated. He would view burial as wasteful, and non-environmentally responsible. He is also spiritual but non-Christian, and he would love the spirituality of his ashes being spread some place he cherished.
post #356 of 365
The name Steve Jobs will be remembered forever. An icon for the ages. A man who spent more than 3 decades making the world a better place.

Steve's final gift is having hand-picked Tim Cook and spent 13 years showing him the Apple Way. All the Apple executives are superstars and worked with Steve for years. He has left Apple booming with record sales, profits and $80 billion in the bank. And Steve has undoubtedly left Apple with a road map for many years to come. Apple is as good as it could possibly be without him. It is "insanely great." Steve wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

There is only one thing missing: you. We miss you so much, Steve. I can't say that enough. You lost your life in your prime. It was decades too soon.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

post #357 of 365
I put this short little video together.

http://vimeo.com/30144208

RIP :-(
post #358 of 365
It's still upsetting to think that this man who I didn't know and have only seen on podcasts and news bulletins is no longer with us.

I just finished re-downloading all the available Apple Events from iTunes.

It feels like when JFK and John Lennon were shot.
post #359 of 365
Hi Steve,

I discovered you through using Apple products, and in time, I came to learn about the person that you were.

Your life, your actions and your words had pushed me deeper, to discover who I truly am. What I had been missing.

I didn't have a father figure around young, I was wayward and I started working life as a teenager. I persevered and after years and repeated attempts, I finally finished my bachelor's degree and got to a stable station in life. Yet I knew I was still missing something.

Like you, I didn't know my biological father. Unlike you, I chose to meet him, to understand the man he was, so that I could understand why things were the way they were.

And even though I am not where I want to be, I know what it is I must do, even as I am still struggling towards it.

If it weren't for you, my life would be very different.

As seemingly bad and as ugly as everything is, this is what it should be. This is how it was meant to be. To have not faced it and escape to another reality, would have been just running away.

I will face the core of my life questions, and find the answers to them. I know I will have lived, and will be at peace as long as I stay on this road.

Thank you Steve, for everything. In my road, you were the one brightest light who showed me the way.
post #360 of 365
I just saw this-- looks like a great way to share your memories of Steve Jobs
www.reeltributes.com/stevejobs
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies