or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Simon & Schuster moves up publication of Steve Jobs biography to Oct. 24

Simon & Schuster moves up publication of Steve Jobs biography to Oct. 24 - Page 2

post #41 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I don't know which dimension but I'm sure as hell wil be charged $18.09 if I click that big orange button. or are you gonna pay it for me if Amazon charge me that price? If so I'm willing to prove to you "which dimension".

You won't be charged until the item ships so I say go for it. Click it!
post #42 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKol View Post

You won't be charged until the item ships so I say go for it. Click it!

You transfer $18.09 to one of the mod here and I'll click that. When they ship I will send the receipt to the mod. If it's not $18.09 then he can transfer the money back to you. Agree?
post #43 of 60
When I ordered my copy a couple of hours ago, it was the #1 selling book on Amazon.
post #44 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askew View Post

When I ordered my copy a couple of hours ago, it was the #1 selling book on Amazon.

No 1 on iBook right now too.
post #45 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawai View Post

But it's available only on US store. I can't buy it in with my Japan store account.

I was able to preorder from Canada, for whatever it's worth.

To be honest, I was torn between a hardcover and an iBook version. A hardcover would be a sentimental decision and an iBook seems fitting.

So I'm getting both.
post #46 of 60
Quote:

How much was the price for pre-ordering?
post #47 of 60
Quote:

I don't know which dimension but I'm sure as hell wil be charged $18.09 if I click that big orange button. or are you gonna pay it for me if Amazon charge me that price? If so I'm willing to prove to you "which dimension".

Quote:

You transfer $18.09 to one of the mod here and I'll click that. When they ship I will send the receipt to the mod. If it's not $18.09 then he can transfer the money back to you. Agree?

I've already agreed to your 1st proposal, why would I now agree to a different one?

Fool me once, shame on you;
Fool me twice, shame on Me.
post #48 of 60
Definitely ordering this book. What a loss to tech.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #49 of 60
Quote:

How much was the price for pre-ordering?

Currently $17.88

If you pre-order, you get the automatically get locked into the lowest price until it ships.

The price may fall even more.
post #50 of 60
Quote:

Currently $17.88

If you pre-order, you get the automatically get locked into the lowest price until it ships.

The price may fall even more.

Books, especially e-books, tend to not increase in price after they sell through their first edition.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #51 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I thought Larry would be the first person to get something up on the Oracle site... but nothing so far.

Just an FYI... Jon Fortt of CNBC was covering the Oracle OpenWorld Conference and tried to interview Ellison upon receiving the news of Jobs passing. Ellison however was too emotionally distraught to talk to the media (understandable since he was one of Jobs closest friends). That and the conference is likely why there isn't anything yet. Ellison likely will have some poignant words to say when he is ready.
post #52 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post

That said, I am sure the book is interesting and I will read it, BUT the author is not aligned with the Founders!

I probably speak for many here when I say, I don't fucking care.
post #53 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadians View Post

I was hoping with iOS 5 that iBooks would be updated to allow reading on a Mac.

IOS has nothing to do with the issue of reading on a Mac.

Also, all epubs are coded to allow you to increase the font size to rather huge amounts.
post #54 of 60
I don't think I can emotionally say goodbye to Steve until I have read the book. He has so much yet to tell us.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

post #55 of 60
Quote:

I've already agreed to your 1st proposal, why would I now agree to a different one?

Fool me once, shame on you;
Fool me twice, shame on Me.

Then go ahead. Contact the mod. Put your money where you mouth is.
I'm waiting...
post #56 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

A date to mark in my calendar.

I plan to buy it on iBooks. It would only be fitting. Plus I don't really read paper books or books in general nowadays \
post #57 of 60
Wow, maybe if you speak only for the "Eyes Wide Shut" contingent. :roll eyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrail View Post

I probably speak for many here when I say, I don't fucking care.
post #58 of 60
Doesn't anyone wonder if this book will somehow hurt Apple (as a company)?
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

Doesn't anyone wonder if this book will somehow hurt Apple (as a company)?

No. Why do you think it might?

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #60 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No. Why do you think it might?

Don't know. Just a feeling. Did Steve even read any of the manuscripts? Who knows what was written (although we will know soon). My guess is this book is going to be read by a lot of people.

The knowledge that we collectively know and share regarding the history of Apple and Mr. Jobs (us Apple geeks that is) is completely different then the perception of that of the general public. Most of us know that he was a very demanding task master at times...

Public perception can be a funny thing... The last thing Mr. Cook and Apple's senior staff need to worry about are some comments in a biography (e.g., Steve really didn't care about the working conditions in the Chinese factories).
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Simon & Schuster moves up publication of Steve Jobs biography to Oct. 24