or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Inbred scum to protest Steve Job's funeral, posted from their iPhone.

Inbred scum to protest Steve Job's funeral, posted from their iPhone.

post #1 of 29
I'm not a believer in free speech giving somebody the right to protest and creating a disturbance at funerals. The authorities could simply ban these people from protesting and give a good reason if they wanted to, with the reason being that they are creating a public disturbance for starters.

I am also not a peaceful person, and I believe that sometimes violence is appropriate and the protestors from the Westboro church of trash deserves to get their asses kicked.

Can you believe how dumb these scumbags are? They even posted their twitter message via an iPhone.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20...al-via-iphone/
post #2 of 29
Of course you turn to government interference and violence as the answers. Hypocritical to the max! The Simpsons have a much better solution to deal with these attention whores.

http://www.clayloomis.com/Sounds/sim.../simsg669b.wav

Paul Anka: To stop those monsters 1-2-3,
Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free,
It's got Paul Anka's guarantee...
Lisa: Guarantee void in Tennessee.

Both: Just don't look! Just don't look!
Just don't look! Just don't look!
Just don't look! Just don't look!

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #3 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Of course you turn to government interference and violence as the answers. Hypocritical to the max!

I'm not hypocritical.

What you call government interference, I call it police doing their job. I'm pretty sure that if you or I or anybody walks out on a street corner where they live and starts making a public disturbance, harassing all those who pass by, then they would probably be arrested pretty quick, being picked up for being a public nuisance. Why should these Westboro morons be given more rights than anybody else and be allowed to intentionally disrupt an event like a funeral?

And please show me where I have written that peace is ever a solution? I would argue the opposite and claim that peace is often not the solution. It depends. Even the peace prize winner in the Whitehouse favors violence over peace in many situations.

I'm not claiming that these Westboro morons should be taken out in a drone strike, I'm just saying that I wouldn't care and it would be pretty hilarious to me if they happened to get their asses kicked that one time when they run into the wrong people to mess with.
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

What you call government interference, I call it police doing their job.

But if the police do their job to ensure that a mining company has performed basic safety checks, or that an oil rig has had an inspection, it's suddenly government interference?

You see where the hypocrite label comes from now?
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I don't represent anybody here besides myself and I haven't written anything hypocritical here. If somebody has an issue with the "right" or with Republicans, then I suggest that they take it up with them.
post #6 of 29
Quote:

I don't represent anybody here besides myself and I haven't written anything hypocritical here. If somebody has an issue with the "right" or with Republicans, then I suggest that they take it up with them.

Fair enough. But you've shown clearly that you're against clean air initiatives, and I think that's an important part of societal freedom (the freedom to live in an environment where there is less pollution). Polluters can't simply be allowed to take that freedom away from people who are unfortunate to live near where the polluters pollute. So emissions must continue to come down, and that means alternative fuels and increasingly strict regulation.
post #7 of 29
Quote:

Fair enough. But you've shown clearly that you're against clean air initiatives, and I think that's an important part of societal freedom (the freedom to live in an environment where there is less pollution). Polluters can't simply be allowed to take that freedom away from people who are unfortunate to live near where the polluters pollute. So emissions must continue to come down, and that means alternative fuels and increasingly strict regulation.

Well, I'm not against clean air. It's not like I am pro-smog. But I am against most green liberal scam initiatives. I am pro-science and anti-stupidity.
post #8 of 29
Quote:

Well, I'm not against clean air. It's not like I am pro-smog. But I am against most green liberal scam initiatives. I am pro-science and anti-stupidity.

I am not aware of any liberal scams. Science has shown overwhelmingly that GW is real and is an imminent danger. I mean overwhelmingly, like 98% of real scientists in a related field are in complete agreement with Al Gore. I guess the Liberals have brainwashed all those scientists, or paid them off, or something...

But I am aware of Conservative scams like Ethanol and the Ethanol related farm subsidies, which unfortunately, some Liberals have been naive enough to accept as honest attempts to develop a lower emissions fuel.

I'm also aware of the Conservative scams which try to paint GW as a Liberal scam.

Also scams that spread complete and utter lies, like volcanoes are more polluting than fossil fuels, or that Al Gore doesn't make any attempt to reduce his own personal emissions.
post #9 of 29
I'm not against any alternative sources of energy. The problem is that nobody has come up with a good one yet. Perhaps somebody should try harder. The less that the US has to rely on crappy third world countries for oil, the better. Wasting money on companies like Solyndra is not an intelligent step. Even Bush had the good sense to say no to that company. Mr. Clueless currently in the Whitehouse was only all too eager to waste American tax payer's money in that fiasco.

Maybe the green liberals can build some more windmills everywhere. They only slaughtered 440,000 birds last year. Where is PETA?

There is a difference between reasonable people combating pollution and hysterical liberals who are off of their medication, running around screaming their heads off about global warming and how everybody is doomed and labeling anybody who is in disagreement as holocaust deniers. The issue is highly overhyped and it has more to do with politics than it has to do with science.

There is also a religious aspect to it, as I classify the fanatical global warming/we are all doomed believers to be nutty, irrational people who operate more on faith than on intelligence and facts.

Quote:

I am not aware of any liberal scams. Science has shown overwhelmingly that GW is real and is an imminent danger. I mean overwhelmingly, like 98% of real scientists in a related field are in complete agreement with Al Gore. I guess the Liberals have brainwashed all those scientists, or paid them off, or something...

But I am aware of Conservative scams like Ethanol and the Ethanol related farm subsidies, which unfortunately, some Liberals have been naive enough to accept as honest attempts to develop a lower emissions fuel.

I'm also aware of the Conservative scams which try to paint GW as a Liberal scam.

Also scams that spread complete and utter lies, like volcanoes are more polluting than fossil fuels, or that Al Gore doesn't make any attempt to reduce his own personal emissions.
post #10 of 29
Quote:

I'm not against any alternative sources of energy. The problem is that nobody has come up with a good one yet. Perhaps somebody should try harder. The less that the US has to rely on crappy third world countries for oil, the better. Wasting money on companies like Solyndra is not an intelligent step. Even Bush had the good sense to say no to that company. Mr. Clueless currently in the Whitehouse was only all too eager to waste American tax payer's money in that fiasco.

Maybe the green liberals can build some more windmills everywhere. They only slaughtered 440,000 birds last year. Where is PETA?

There is a difference between reasonable people combating pollution and hysterical liberals who are off of their medication, running around screaming their heads off about global warming and how everybody is doomed and labeling anybody who is in disagreement as holocaust deniers. The issue is highly overhyped and it has more to do with politics than it has to do with science.

There is also a religious aspect to it, as I classify the fanatical global warming/we are all doomed believers to be nutty, irrational people who operate more on faith than on intelligence and facts.

Windmills kill more birds than oil? Another Conservative scam.

http://www.bootsontheroof.com/articl...ine-bird-death

http://www.skepticblog.org/2010/01/0...-of-the-skies/

Notice the number of deaths caused by oil extraction.

Wind and solar are actually EXCELLENT sources of clean power. The price of solar has been dropping drastically due to subsidies by governments more environmentally responsible than ours (which was actually what caused the demise of Solyndra). This is not only a good thing, it's a GREAT thing!

Wind is good, but I think it's going to be completely replaced by solar once costs get down (mostly for mobile and localized application) and especially geothermal power, which will be the HUGE source of regional power generation.
post #11 of 29
Quote:

Windmills kill more birds than oil? Another Conservative scam.

http://www.skepticblog.org/2010/01/0...-of-the-skies/

Notice the number of deaths caused by oil extraction.

Wind and solar are actually EXCELLENT sources of clean power. The price of solar has been dropping drastically due to subsidies by governments more environmentally responsible than ours (which was actually what caused the demise of Solyndra). This is not only a good thing, it's a GREAT thing!

Wind is good, but I think it's going to be completely replaced by solar (mostly for mobile and localized application) and especially geothermal power, which will be the HUGE source of regional power generation.

I don't trust what that blog writes. The guy is off by almost 434,000 when it comes to wind turbines. HIs figure is only 6,400 and it should be 440,000.

And solar is just not here yet, it's not realistic. For the short term, I am more in favor of confiscating oil from Iraq and charging them for services rendered. I am also in favor of drilling in certain places where liberals do not want to drill.
post #12 of 29
Quote:

I don't trust what that blog writes. The guy is off by almost 434,000 when it comes to wind turbines. HIs figure is only 6,400 and it should be 440,000.

And solar is just not here yet, it's not realistic. For the short term, I am more in favor of confiscating oil from Iraq and charging them for services rendered. I am also in favor of drilling in certain places where liberals do not want to drill.

So it's okay to confiscate private property, then. We're back to the hypocrite issue.

And did you not see that drilling for oil causes more bird deaths than even your revised 440,000 number?
post #13 of 29
Quote:

HIs figure is only 6,400 and it should be 440,000.

Citation needed.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #14 of 29
Quote:

So it's okay to confiscate private property, then. We're back to the hypocrite issue.

And did you not see that drilling for oil causes more bird deaths than even your revised 440,000 number?

Nothing is free in this world, and I believe that the US should be properly compensated when helping out other people from their predicaments. The US is not the welfare office of the world.

As far as birds being killed, why do oil companies get fined and penalized for killing only 28 birds, while nothing happens to wind turbine operators who kill hundreds of thousands of birds?

I believe that the law should be applied equally.

Oil companies face heavy fines: Wind farms get a free pass

Seven oil companies have recently been charged in federal court with killing migratory birds that died after allegedly landing in oil waste pits in western North Dakota. The charges involve 28 dead birds that were discovered in oil waste pits between May 6 and June 20. The maximum penalty for each charge under the Migratory Bird Act is six months in prison and a $15,000 fine. (1)

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/40481
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Citation needed.

US Fish and Wildlife service.
post #16 of 29
Quote:

US Fish and Wildlife service.

I trust your numbers and don't dispute them. But it needs to be acknowledged that this number of bird deaths is statistically insignificant.
post #17 of 29
Quote:

Nothing is free in this world, and I believe that the US should be properly compensated when helping out other people from their predicaments. The US is not the welfare office of the world.

You do know that the Iraqis didn't ask for our help, tried to ask us to leave, and many think they are worse off now than they were under Saddam, right?

Now you want to ask them to pay the US back for not actually helping?

So if I have a neighbor who beats his wife, I can break down his door, destroy half his house, kill her provider, and declare the woman's freedom, all against her will? Then take her belongings as payment?

Amoral doesn't begin to describe your view of Iraq.
post #18 of 29
Quote:

But it needs to be acknowledged that this number of bird deaths is statistically insignificant.

I agree with you on that. If I gave off the impression that I was overly concerned with the birds, then I apologize, because that would inaccurate. It doesn't really bother me. Nature will take it's course even in the absence of humans and countless species will disappear and the world moves on. Nature, by it's very nature, is most brutal and death is just a natural occurrence.
post #19 of 29
Quote:

As far as birds being killed, why do oil companies get fined and penalized for killing only 28 birds, while nothing happens to wind turbine operators who kill hundreds of thousands of birds?

I believe that the law should be applied equally.

Oil companies face heavy fines: Wind farms get a free pass

Seven oil companies have recently been charged in federal court with killing migratory birds that died after allegedly landing in oil waste pits in western North Dakota. The charges involve 28 dead birds that were discovered in oil waste pits between May 6 and June 20. The maximum penalty for each charge under the Migratory Bird Act is six months in prison and a $15,000 fine. (1)

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/40481

Why? Because the oil companies broke the law. You can't see the simple difference here? Now if you want to enact a law that penalizes wind power generation companies and private owners for bird deaths, you are free to argue your case. Until then, the turbine owners are not liable.
post #20 of 29
Quote:

I'm not a believer in free speech giving somebody the right to protest and creating a disturbance at funerals. The authorities could simply ban these people from protesting and give a good reason if they wanted to, with the reason being that they are creating a public disturbance for starters.

I am also not a peaceful person, and I believe that sometimes violence is appropriate and the protestors from the Westboro church of trash deserves to get their asses kicked.

Can you believe how dumb these scumbags are? They even posted their twitter message via an iPhone.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20...al-via-iphone/

These people are the scum of the earth! They should be arrested right away by the police with this crap they are speaking.Twitter should have never posted this!
post #21 of 29
Well, public space means public protest allowed by all sides, no? As long as it is non-violent, as tragic and bloody distasteful as it is, all people have a right to their protests.
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEPRAZOLE View Post

discount omeprazole

I have universal health care, and I get three months of pantoprazole for US$1.25. Honestly. Oh, and I didn't pay any taxes last year, and I am getting US$750 for free from my government's surplus this year. So I don't need your spam, thanks.
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

These people are the scum of the earth! They should be arrested right away by the police with this crap they are speaking.Twitter should have never posted this!

Arrested? For what charges? Being an idiot in public?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #24 of 29
Quote:

But if the police do their job to ensure that a mining company has performed basic safety checks, or that an oil rig has had an inspection, it's suddenly government interference?

He's a hypocrite because he thinks people should not be able to protest at funerals? I'm not totally sure I agree, but I don't think that means he's embracing government "interference" either.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #25 of 29
I have good news.

This whole thread is now thankfully irrelevant, since I just read that Steve Job's funeral is already being held today! RIP
post #26 of 29
Quote:

I'm not hypocritical.

What you call government interference, I call it police doing their job.

So what other free speech should be controlled, or censored, or banned by the government/police, in your viewpoint? Where do you draw the line between Westboro's outbursts, and another party's? Freedom of speech and expression allows anyone the right to make idiots of themselves in public, and insodoing, they discredit themselves without big government interference.

You position is pro-police state, anti-freedom. You might have enjoyed Germany in the 1930s.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

So what other free speech should be controlled, or censored, or banned by the government/police, in your viewpoint? Where do you draw the line between Westboro's outbursts, and another party's? Freedom of speech and expression allows anyone the right to make idiots of themselves in public, and insodoing, they discredit themselves without big government interference.

You position is pro-police state, anti-freedom. You might have enjoyed Germany in the 1930s.

If you think that there is such a thing as absolute free speech, then you would be sorely mistaken.

I happen to think that the Westboro Church should not be allowed to protest and disrupt at funerals, that doesn't make me a nazi.

As a matter of fact, the left and liberals have more contempt for free speech than any other group around and they would fit in perfectly in 1930's Germany. Liberal brownshirts and leftist drones are terrified of free speech and they regularly protest and shout down other opinions which they can not bear to hear. This happens often at universities when a conservative speaker comes to speak.
post #28 of 29
Quote:

If you think that there is such a thing as absolute free speech, then you would be sorely mistaken.

I happen to think that the Westboro Church should not be allowed to protest and disrupt at funerals, that doesn't make me a nazi.

As a matter of fact, the left and liberals have more contempt for free speech than any other group around and they would fit in perfectly in 1930's Germany. Liberal brownshirts and leftist drones are terrified of free speech and they regularly protest and shout down other opinions which they can not bear to hear. This happens often at universities when a conservative speaker comes to speak.

And those darned librals arrest people wearing the wrong t-shirt! Oh, wait.

Yeah, it's the libbruls who hate freedom.
post #29 of 29
Quote:

Heckling is normal in the political process. Liberals, conservatives and independents do it.

You did not address the question: If you feel that Westboro's opinions should be banned, then how would that ban be enforced? Would you favor a court hearing to make a judgement, what government department/agency do you feel should be empowered to enforce the ban, what parameters should constitute banned speech, who should decide what those parameters are, and what appeal process should exist to challenge a ban?

In other words, where does one draw the line, and who decides?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Inbred scum to protest Steve Job's funeral, posted from their iPhone.