or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S

Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S - Page 2

post #41 of 246
Just got the site unavailable from AT&T.

My favorite line:

Wireless from AT&T is continually working to improve our web site for our customers. Please be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to remedy the situation.

Believed it the first 2 rounds, starting to think it just might not be true.
post #42 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by montefuego View Post

Still down, disappointing also that Apple Insider posted this article based on speculation, not actual fact.

It wasn't speculation. According to Apple, it was supposed be 12:01 PST. Obviously, there are problems somewhere along the line.
post #43 of 246
I expect this crap from AT&T but not Apple. I'm still amazed Verizon's is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauidano1 View Post

As usual, Apple drops the ball as it relates to the customer demand. Don't promise anything you can't deliver!
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
post #44 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

Probably mostly 3GS users that have been out of contract for a few months (myself included).

Most people I know upgrading are on 3G (time to upgrade) and 3GS (finally hit the 2 years and can upgrade.) Most on iPhone 4 aren't eligible yet unless you have an AT&T phone bill over $99 (1 year upgrades.)
post #45 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

Yeah. What's the big deal. This iPhone upgrade is a complete fail. Nobody wants this upgrade, so you can all go back to bed.

Maybe now I can get my order in.

LOL! Nice.

I like the way you think.
post #46 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauidano1 View Post

As usual, Apple drops the ball as it relates to the customer demand. Don't promise anything you can't deliver!

Mmmm, it's a little early to make that call. Right now they're at worst a few minutes off the advertised deadline. I fail to see how that's dropping the ball as it relates to customer demand. It's not like ordering started and in 5 minutes it's already backordered three weeks.
post #47 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

It wasn't speculation. According to Apple, it was supposed be 12:01 PST. Obviously, there are problems somewhere along the line.

It's amazing how flaky a back end database for a store site can be in a situation like this.
post #48 of 246
OMG I have to order 2 of these and the ATT website couldn't be SLOWER !!! UGH 3:45 AM
post #49 of 246
Can you imagine what this is costing Apple - having their entire worldwide web store down.

This doesn't bode well for their ability to deliver iOS5 to all the millions who will try and upgrade next Wednesday.

Sprint is down, but Apple just came back up....
post #50 of 246
Oh well, looks like no iPhone 4S for me for the next whatever months.
post #51 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

Yeah. What's the big deal. This iPhone upgrade is a complete fail. Nobody wants this upgrade, so you can all go back to bed.

Maybe now I can get my order in.

I have been patiently waiting for my upgrade cycle to be up. I was eligible for a new iPhone in June, but there wasn't one released. I am excited to get and iPhone4s as it is a HUGE upgrade from my 3Gs. Still waiting for the store to be up. 12:41am now...
post #52 of 246
Hey... I figured it out. The 12:01 AM PST was supposed to be read as 1 or 2 and not 12.
post #53 of 246
I'm waiting for the headline "iPhone 4S a major flop - no phones pre-sold in the first 40 minutes"
post #54 of 246
This sucks,Imagine how the iCLoud launch is gonna go.Epic Fail?
Powerbook G4 1.3 GHZ MBP(Early 2011)i5,iPhone 4 16GB(CDMA),iPad 2 3G 64GB,iPhone 4S 32 GB(GSM),TV,Time Capsule 2TB
Powerbook G4 1.3 GHZ MBP(Early 2011)i5,iPhone 4 16GB(CDMA),iPad 2 3G 64GB,iPhone 4S 32 GB(GSM),TV,Time Capsule 2TB
post #55 of 246
Woot! It looks like Apple Store is up!
post #56 of 246
Still can't order, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMoeller View Post

Can you imagine what this is costing Apple - having their entire worldwide web store down.

This doesn't bode well for their ability to deliver iOS5 to all the millions who will try and upgrade next Wednesday.

Sprint is down, but Apple just came back up....
post #57 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by montefuego View Post

Still down, disappointing also that Apple Insider posted this article based on speculation, not actual fact.

I posted this article because I was able to personally conform that the first pre-orders had gone live on Verizon's website. I've also heard from others that Sprint was working, though it's off and on. I've since amended it to note that Apple and AT&T are having issues.

It looks like it's up now.
post #58 of 246
Make that first 60 minutes. Still nothing. And I actually have the privilege to pre-order this time since I'm in Australia now.
post #59 of 246
Oops up now! GO GO GO GO GO
post #60 of 246
Apple Store is UP but it seems to be hanging up when it accesses my AT&T info. Come on, please work......!!!
post #61 of 246
Verizon - Win.
Apple - Fail.
AT&T - Fail, but come on, is anyone surprised at this point?
Sprint - Who cares?
post #62 of 246
Vodafone UK pre-orders up and working very smoothly.

None of the other UK carriers are taking pre-orders yet.

Apple's website just up and running.
post #63 of 246
Buying mine now !!!!
post #64 of 246
Apple is up
post #65 of 246
Apple.com is up. No online orders for new Sprint customers. Crazy!!!
post #66 of 246
apple store is up.. but slow..
post #67 of 246
I'm stuck at the upgrade screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub52MOsox View Post

post #68 of 246
Done! Place my order at 3:45 EDT in Montreal.

store.apple.com/ca was very quick. no hiccups. nothing. worked flawlessly even if there was a delay.

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

post #69 of 246
Apple Store is now up, but it looks like ATT is getting hammered like mad and I seem to be stuck selecting to replace a phone on my existing account.
post #70 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub52MOsox View Post

Yep. Took a long time to load my account info. Now it's taking several minutes to load the options for "Where you'd like to get your iPhone". I assume it's going to ask my in-store or ship it?
post #71 of 246
...but I'm used to it by now.
post #72 of 246
.Working but slowly...obviously overwhelmed
post #73 of 246
I'm stuck at "Select a data plan" on the Apple website... choose "Unlimited" for AT&T and hit continue, nothing happens.
post #74 of 246
in.. but site is acting odd...

apple.com
post #75 of 246
So, I finished everything but it did not CONCLUDE the sale. At the online Apple Store.
Anyone else get this too?

Got this message:

Your iPhone has been reserved.

Your reservation number is: xxxxxxxxxxxx (changed my digits, of course)

We will email you at (my email address) when it's time to complete your order.
At that time, you can link back to the Apple Store to confirm eligibility and your iPhone voice, data and messaging plans.
You can then place your order, and your new iPhone will be shipped to your door.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status
post #76 of 246
Done!! Ordered on the Apple site, and got to the confirmation page to say that my "iPhone has been reserved".

Going to bed now, phew!

Good luck everyone, hope you all get it done too!
post #77 of 246
"Your iPhone has been reserved"

Hmmm that's a little disappointing cause I thought I could actually order and pay for it now. I do have a reservation number though. I guess that's good.
post #78 of 246
Yeah, Apple is up, but I'm stuck on the "Are you a new or existing costumer?" screen. I hit continue, and it doesn't do anything.
post #79 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyzDead View Post

So, I finished everything but it did not CONCLUDE the sale. At the online Apple Store.
Anyone else get this too?

Got this message:

Your iPhone has been reserved.

Your reservation number is: xxxxxxxxxxxx (changed my digits, of course)

We will email you at (my email address) when it's time to complete your order.
At that time, you can link back to the Apple Store to confirm eligibility and your iPhone voice, data and messaging plans.
You can then place your order, and your new iPhone will be shipped to your door.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status

Hell... I wish I could get that far. Right now I'm stuck and the ATT service selection screen.

Anyone on ATT get an order in yet?
post #80 of 246
I actually used to work at ATT in IT. I still have friends there. I should give them a call in the morning and ask just how bad it was.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S