or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S

Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S - Page 3

post #81 of 246
I can only upgrade my wife's ericsson to iPhone 4 no 4S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

Hell... I wish I could get that far. Right now I'm stuck and the ATT service selection screen.

Anyone on ATT get an order in yet?
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
Originally Posted by Granmastak: Labor unions managed to kill manufacturing a long time ago with their unreasonable demands. Now the people they were trying to protect, are out of a job.
post #82 of 246
I'm at "Select a data plan", anybody further for ATT?

i
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

Hell... I wish I could get that far. Right now I'm stuck and the ATT service selection screen.

Anyone on ATT get an order in yet?
post #83 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn View Post

i

Nope. That's as far as I've gotten.
post #84 of 246
ATT is only allowing me to upgrade my wife's ericsson to iPhone 4 no 4S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn View Post

i
post #85 of 246
Pre-ordered mine on Verizon
post #86 of 246
I'm stuck at Apple site.
post #87 of 246
Yup, stuck at selecting a data plan
post #88 of 246
Evil as Verizon is, at least they their sh*t together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL7189 View Post

Pre-ordered mine on Verizon
post #89 of 246
Got as far as the last page on Apple Store (UK), clicked Place Order Now button, it greyed out and then done nothing... not ideal
post #90 of 246
Upgrading my 4 to the 4s on AT&T through the Apple Store App and it worked great once the store was online. Took a bit to authorize my card but got an order number. :lol
post #91 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauidano1 View Post

As usual, Apple drops the ball as it relates to the customer demand. Don't promise anything you can't deliver!

You type A people need to relax. It's going to take about an hour of time and you'll get your phone. Chill Dude!
post #92 of 246
Was able to get ot the Texting plans...I want to keep my $15 per 1500 compared to 20 unlimited...but its not an option like unlimited data was!!

This is so frustrating...still on hold too
post #93 of 246
I got all the way to 'Add to Cart' on apple.com and then said.. Sorry error.. session expired...

wtf!!! #Fail!
post #94 of 246
I think ATT will prob take the blame for this one. I have my reservation email and it says that apple cannot proceed with my order because it cannot get my account information from my wireless provider. could be other carriers too, but verizon's site is running....
post #95 of 246
AT&T and Apple sites are having problem accepting order as of 12:58 AM P.S.T.

It does seem that it's mostly AT&T not being able to confirm acct info - neither on their own site or Apple's
post #96 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Vodafone UK pre-orders up and working very smoothly.

None of the other UK carriers are taking pre-orders yet.

Apple's website just up and running.

Just ordered mine through Apple's site - I'd better start work now!
post #97 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

Evil as Verizon is, at least they their sh*t together.

Can't agree more!!
post #98 of 246
You lazy people need to shut the hell up...it's the type A people who push all the other people to get out cool products, like the freaking iPhone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

You type A people need to relax. It's going to take about an hour of time and you'll get your phone. Chill Dude!
post #99 of 246
My 16GB black is paid in full & reserved for delivery before October 14th from Apple Canada as of 20 minutes ago. The website came up just then. Apple Canada only sells unlocked phones direct to the consumer. We can buy them subsidized and locked from the carriers/carriers' web sites but we have to take 3 year contracts for the subsidized price, and sometimes they haven't sold iPhones unsubsidized/without contract for quite a while after release dates.
post #100 of 246
I keep failing at the Processing Information... Also trying for a new account on ATT...
post #101 of 246
Hmmm, now it says: "We are currently experiencing high volumes and may require up to 2 minutes to process your request."
post #102 of 246
ATT is only allowing upgrade for leftover iPhone 4 for my wife's ericsson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesherinyork View Post

Upgrading my 4 to the 4s on AT&T through the Apple Store App and it worked great once the store was online. Took a bit to authorize my card but got an order number. :lol
post #103 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon788 View Post

I think ATT will prob take the blame for this one. I have my reservation email and it says that apple cannot proceed with my order because it cannot get my account information from my wireless provider. could be other carriers too, but verizon's site is running....

Agree, noting that there is always a $18 fee. They should really use that cash to fix this.
post #104 of 246
I get to processing and then an error occurs
post #105 of 246
My order from Apple just quit. It says "try again later"

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedys123 View Post

Hmmm, now it says: "We are currently experiencing high volumes and may require up to 2 minutes to process your request."
post #106 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

My order from Apple just quit. It says "try again later"

Same... I got that error twice and had to restart from the beginning
post #107 of 246
Ended up going through the Apple Store app. I have it in the cart. I've given it my password three or four times. It keeps coming back to the cart.

Don't worry. If I end up with five or six iPhones, I'll sell them cheap.
post #108 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

Just ordered mine through Apple's site - I'd better start work now!

Just got mine in too "We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly"

Yay
post #109 of 246
Lame !!! Thank god i drank coffee its 4 am in fl
post #110 of 246
I've restarted for about five times now. ATT won't let me upgrade, keeps pushing for clearing iPhone 4 inventory and 3GS.

[I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post

Same... I got that error twice and had to restart from the beginning
post #111 of 246
So lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post

Just got mine in too "We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly"

Yay
post #112 of 246
Utter fail.

ATT and Apple both error out whenever I try to upgrade. You'd think they'd figure this out after YEARS of launches.
post #113 of 246
Every year is the same story..online ordering fails

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

post #114 of 246
So I make it all the way to the screen right before choosing a data plan at the Apple site. Then it craps out. So I have no choice but to start over. Now it keeps telling me that an order already exists and to cancel it before continuing...so tell me, how can I cancel something that never got completed, nor find any existence on the Apple site? So I call Apple and get a message saying that they can't answer the phone right now due to high call volume. So I go to the AT&T site, only to keep getting a message that the process could not be completed at this time...
post #115 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPhelps View Post

Utter fail.

ATT and Apple both error out whenever I try to upgrade. You'd think they'd figure this out after YEARS of launches.

I blame ATT... I am sure that apple has to call into att system to get our acct info... and thats where I die.
post #116 of 246
OK, I'm done. Looks like no iPhone 4S for me. Apple's processing portion keeps failing and AT&T's site only allows upgrades to inventory clearance of iPhone 4 and 3GS.
post #117 of 246
Not unexpectedly, AT&T seems to be the bottleneck once again. In all fairness to AT&T, I believe they are the largest carrier of the iPhone by far... and they suck. Time to make the coffee. This is going to be long and painful.
Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product gives the distinct impression that, Where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it...
Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product gives the distinct impression that, Where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it...
post #118 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrad View Post

Ended up going through the Apple Store app. I have it in the cart. I've given it my password three or four times. It keeps coming back to the cart.

Don't worry. If I end up with five or six iPhones, I'll sell them cheap.

Now I keep getting a message that says:

EXCEPTION
An error occurred trying to fulfill your request. Please try again later.

Really ready to go back to bed.
post #119 of 246
Now I keep getting thru what seems to be the whole processes short of payment information and then I get told too busy, try again later.
post #120 of 246
I decided to jump ship. I stopped using the apple site and switched to ATT's wireless website. Ordered in under 2 minutes with ease.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/#fbid=Tt1qWIIIthV

Best of luck!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S