or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › iPhone 4S Day 1 Activation Problems

iPhone 4S Day 1 Activation Problems

post #1 of 9
My new 64GB 4S is refusing to be activated and i'm being told by it that there was a problem and I will be emailed when the activation has been processed.

Is anyone else having difficulty activating their new 4S that arrived?
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigciccone View Post

My new 64GB 4S is refusing to be activated and i'm being told by it that there was a problem and I will be emailed when the activation has been processed.

Is anyone else having difficulty activating their new 4S that arrived?

Same here ... server overload at AT&T ... a little patience will be needed today
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 9
man... i woke up at 3am EST to order this thing, couldn't get through AT&T's servers for an hour and a half, went to sleep just to be able to order it at 7am. Now this. These carriers need to get their stuff together with these launches. Wildly frustrating.
post #4 of 9
having same problem here. Also, with AT&T could not activate.
post #5 of 9
success! after 3 attempts through iTunes and 5 attempts directly through the iPhone, the last iPhone attempt worked. Restoring from last iCloud backup now.
post #6 of 9
Same problem here with AT&T. I wonder if I should wait for the e-mail or keep trying?
post #7 of 9
I just kept trying ... left it plugged into iTunes and kept "re-trying" whenever I thought about it...

Eventually it succeeded (I'd guess after 15 or so tries) ... So it's restoring/syncing now ... still haven't gotten "the email".
post #8 of 9
still trying no luck :
post #9 of 9
This is NUTS! I've never experienced problems like this - going on SIX hours now!!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › iPhone 4S Day 1 Activation Problems