or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Sales of Apple's iPhone 4S top four million in first weekend

Sales of Apple's iPhone 4S top four million in first weekend - Page 3

post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

I wonder how many (of which I am included) were duped into preordering from AT&T in store? My phone, which AT&T promised would arrive on 10/14 = 10/15, has not even shipped yet. Yet, I was able to walk into 2 AT&T stores on 10/14 and find that they both had over 300 extra iPhones after the small lines. Heck both stores still had a few iPhone 4S models as of 5PM yesterday. The lines were small because the stores pushed in-store preorders. Of course the store wouldn't allow for cancellation of the preorders so I could pick the phone up on 10/14. Instead I have to wait another 2 weeks for my "preordered" phone. Nice.

Lesson learned. NEVER preorder via AT&T. Anyone else have this problem?

I preordered two iphones directly from ATT that were delivered on 10/14. They didn't ship until 10/13 though, overnight fedex.
post #82 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhayes117 View Post

This just proves all the doom and gloom tech prophets right...abject failure! Only 4 million sold in the first 72 hours! What a disaster. Fire Tim Cook immediately and bring back Gil Amelio. I'm selling all my 10,000 shares of Apple immediately and putting a brown paper shopping bag over my head in shame. Bwahahaha!

I wish I had 10,000 shares of apple... I own a measly 30 shares, yet I'm proud of it.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Sales of Apple's iPhone 4S top four million in first weekend