or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung to supply quad-core A6 CPU to Apple despite legal battle - report

Samsung to supply quad-core A6 CPU to Apple despite legal battle - report - Page 3

post #81 of 86
deleted
post #82 of 86
deleted
post #83 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

The latest look-and-feel lawsuit:

Steve Jobs Apple Tribute Logo a Copyright Dispute
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...61280120111018

Did you even read the article? There is no lawsuit cited. Just a bunch of what ifs and maybes.

If you want to contribute to a real reasonable discussion maybe you need to actually participate with thought and fact, rather than making up your own headlines based upon incomplete and fantastical reading of a factiod piece.

And how does a manufactured, not yet dispute, over something non CPU related have any bearing on the A6 which is the subject of this thread? It doesn't. You just want to stir the pot some more.

Yes, calling you out again and noting the poor connection between reality and your post. The only difficult part of that is getting past the fact that it isn't difficult at all.
post #84 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

If Samsung gets really pissy, they COULD just drop support

Yeah, that's really smart. Kill off a billions-of-dollars guaranteed revenue stream. I'm sure their shareholders would love that. I'd bet it would be a lot easier for Apple to source another chip foundry than it would be for Samsung to fill potentially lost manufacturing capacity.

Reminds me of the people who say Adobe should drop OSX support for the Creative Suite products, without realizing that would also "drop" half of the product's revenues in the process.

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

post #85 of 86
deleted
post #86 of 86
There is a difference between having discussion on future business, discussions which may hinge on Samsung's larger corporate behavior, and announcing there is a firm business contract in place. Tim cook isn't an idiot, he will entertain fair offers from all comers, and try to get the best overall deal for Apple. That doe not mean one set of discussions with a supplier means all is rosy with that supplier and that they get the sweetheart deal.

It is just as likely Tim said I like working with you, but until your CE division gets it act together and your company quits suing us out of desperation I won't be able to give you the favored supplier status. We won't cut you off because we want Samsung to come around and be a partner, but I have to look out for my company and that means finding more qualified suppliers.

None of us knows what exactly was said, but to think the above topics weren't touched on in some way and that Samsung just got big 2013-2014 deals out of the conversations is just naive.

Pre lawsuit-mania contracts are likely in force through next year at least, with just production number details and adjustments up for grabs. The long term implications of lawsuit-mania won't be known until it is certain those previous long-term contracts are played out. It's like a couple that want's a divorce but silently waits for the kids to finish college to actually do the split. Things could change along the way, but working together in the meantime really doesn't mean much.

You have to look past the pretty press releases and announcements of things known to be due to old agreements in order to understand what's going on. Those articles are all about several year old contracts that do very little to predict the next couple years of Apple-Samsung relationships.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung to supply quad-core A6 CPU to Apple despite legal battle - report