or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › iTools password

iTools password

post #1 of 5
I can log onto iDisk using the iDisk command from the Go menu using my user name and password just fine. However, when I try to bring up the webpage for iTools, I can't remember my password (user name is the same) and I can't figure out how to change it. This is really annoying since it means that I can'twork on my iDisk homepage, other than adding/subtracting files by working with the iDisk folder on my desktop. Anyone know how to change an iTools password?
20" iMac G5, 2 GB Ram, OS X 10.4.11, .Mac
post #2 of 5
iTools/iDisk password are the same (?)
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
post #3 of 5
The iDisk and the iTools password are in fact the same, just log in to iTools with the same password that you used for your iDisk
post #4 of 5
the problem is that he cannot rmemeber his password.... it is saved when he uses the "go" command, but in the web browser he needs to type it in and he doesnt know it...

I believe that there is a link for a forgotton password on the iTools login page... all you need to know is your user name and date of birth and then you will be prompted to enter the answer to your "secret question" after you do this correctly, you will be able to change your password...

hth

-Paul
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #5 of 5
Paul,

You're right. I actually lost my iTools password and couldn't remember it, so I was in a real pickle. But I found my password sheet (yes, a gross security violation, but I can't remember dozens of passwords). Now, if only that stupid iDisk homepage were easier to set up...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › iTools password