or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Amazon to add HTML5 support to Kindle content

Amazon to add HTML5 support to Kindle content - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

On the flip, when Apple bring out an electronic-ink device (which they inevitably will when screen technology progresses to their standards ), it will wipe the floor with amazon overnight.

Why so aggressive? You'd really think some fanboy here's afraid his iPad might get outdated, which it inevitably will when tablet technology progresses

Kindle is a great product, Amazon is a great retailer that brought cheap paper books via Internet to the masses, as well as e-media. They revolutionized reading, in a much more profound way than Apple ever did, by making distance irrelevant. Want a precise book? If Amazon hasn't got it, nobody has. If it has, you can have it delivered in a day. Many people took back to reading or reading more due to that.

I'm waiting eagerly for iPad 3, this is sent from the latest MBA, and I'm considering changing my iPhone4 for an iPhone 4S (only thing blocking me is the reports that Siri sends every bit of information I tell it to some unknown server in the huge Apple corporative server farm...)
but I don't think competition is a bad thing at all. Without competition, Apple would offer 10% revenue to its developers, if it even had developers (see iPhone, first version, at release, for confirmation). It would not have copy-and-paste, iPad would have no camera.

In a nutshell, embrace competition and the revolutions capitalism bring, or go live in a communist state-driven economy, but you won't get any Apple products there. That's the only choice there is!

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

Paper books will never go away. Never.
They will just become more of a commodity over time and more valuable as the digital trend continues.

What's more valuable - a baseball card or a digital picture of a baseball card? People will always prefer and add value to physical things.

Tech gluttony will become a lifestyle for the poor and stupid.

Agreed. Have a look at the ramayana book from http://www.editionsdianedeselliers.c.../actualite.php or any book from http://www.lesheuresclaires.com/fr/index.htm or in a less expensive way, http://www.magmabooks.com/ : these are not going away anytime soon.

post #43 of 43
iBooks added support for HTML5 & CSS3 when they released version 1.3 way back in June 2011
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Amazon to add HTML5 support to Kindle content