or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Sony wants 'Social Network' scribe to pen Steve Jobs movie

Sony wants 'Social Network' scribe to pen Steve Jobs movie - Page 3

post #81 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Prediction: Sony will also hire Trent Reznor to do the music for the film. He will use sound generated by holding a magnet too close to a speaker accompanied by a piano. It will win an Academy Award for Best Original Score.

Now, if they could only get Fincher to direct....
post #82 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Charlie Sheen cannnot play Jobs. Have you seen Sheen with balding hair in Being John Makovich? He looked horrible! No way that bald pate can play Steve!

Sheen looks like crap lately, just watch the Roast that Comedy Central did recently. You act like Steve wasn't balding tho or that they couldn't use better makeup than was used to give him the baldness he had in that film
post #83 of 84
Social Network and Charlie Wilson's War were pretty average, IMO.

Ridley Scott is the ONLY option for writer/director.

He's one of the few directors that also has a really great visual sense of things.
post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I think his life is the stuff of opera.

Wasted on a Sorkin/Hollywood 'movie'.

Agreed. It should be a video game in the epic realm of Mass Effect 1/2.

Seriously, I'm playing "Alan Wake" now and it blows away any movie experience. I've been playing about an hour each week and wow, really immersive. Like a TV show when TV shows used to be good. Sure, there's some action elements and shooting and stuff but like Mass Effect 1/2 the "interactive" elements are just a way for you to experience what is essentially a highly enhanced movie experience.

No longer do we need cinema to immortalise famous people. Malcolm X by Spike Lee was possibly the best "biography" in the modern era.

For Steve... We need something... different.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Sony wants 'Social Network' scribe to pen Steve Jobs movie