or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › ibook won't wake up

ibook won't wake up

post #1 of 3
I'm running OSX and when it goes to sleep, it won't wake up. Just started happening yesterday. I don't understand why. Any ideas?
post #2 of 3
Won't wake up as in... Screen is blank, but disk is spinning? The iBook is still asleep (the light pulses)?
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
post #3 of 3
I have that happening sometimes to my Powerbook G3 Series. It will go to sleep normally, but when I wake it up it will appear to be waking up, but the screen will stay black and no sound. The machine IS awake though, because I can hit the power key and return and it will turn off gracefully, then I can turn it back on and all will be well. On that machine it happens about 75% of the time, and it never happens to my new iMac, or my blue "toilet seat" iBook.
David Schaefer
www.equitek.com
David Schaefer
www.equitek.com
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › ibook won't wake up