My mac was hacked before and somehow they had remote access to my macbook pro. I was using snow leopard.
I have Lion OS X now,but I am seeing the rainbow wheel (busy) too much. The kernel_task is using 508MB out of 4GB while I am only using Chrome & Firefox without any extensions and no heavy software installed.
I have an up to date ClamXav antivirus,it shows that there are no infected files, but I am worried that I might have a newer version of this trojan
- Do you recommend any anti spyware software to make sure I dont have any trojans or keylogers?
- Is it normal that kernel_task uses between 300 & 508MB of the memory at any time?
- There are more than one Google Chrome Renderer and Google Chrome Helper in Activity Monitor, is that normal?
- The VDCAssistant is running, when I terminated it in Activity Monitor, it starts again. Does that mean someone has remote access to my isight cam?
- Is there a way to make sure that my system has not been modified by a developer? I mean that they did not install a trojan but changed the behavior of the operating system.
- Finally, can they do that by simply sending me a link or a pdf file even if I don't install anything?