or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Facebook chat iPad 2?

Facebook chat iPad 2?

post #1 of 6
Hello, I got an IPad 2 16GB (wifi not 3G) I've got the Facebook app and went on Facebook safari too and there's no Facebook chat/ instant messaging. It's pretty irritating coz I can't see who's online and can only send messages and not knowing if they're on to reply.Please don't tell me to get the app as I already have it! Even my iPod touch had Facebook chat on the app! But I gave that to my brother so can't use that now. For the expense of this iPad I'd expect Facebook chat! HELP
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by inorange View Post

Hello, I got an IPad 2 16GB (wifi not 3G) I've got the Facebook app and went on Facebook safari too and there's no Facebook chat/ instant messaging. It's pretty irritating coz I can't see who's online and can only send messages and not knowing if they're on to reply.Please don't tell me to get the app as I already have it! Even my iPod touch had Facebook chat on the app! But I gave that to my brother so can't use that now. For the expense of this iPad I'd expect Facebook chat! HELP

The Facebook app has chat on the riht side in landscape mode. I don't know how you miss it. It shows who's online and message history as well.
post #3 of 6
well all you need to do is use the facebook app?
what are you doing right now
reply back so i can help you
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by inorange View Post

For the expense of this iPad I'd expect Facebook chat! HELP

LOL, you're equating the cost of the iPad with the lack of features in the stupidest app ever created by the hand of man.

That's hilarious. You really need to rethink your value system here.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #5 of 6
I turned it on its side while on news feed and chat appeared!
post #6 of 6
Previous suggestion works. Swivel to landscape mode and chat will appear
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Facebook chat iPad 2?