or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Jailbreak hack enables Siri on iPhone 4, 4th-gen iPod touch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jailbreak hack enables Siri on iPhone 4, 4th-gen iPod touch - Page 5

post #161 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Fact: Apple release Betas all the time.

Fact: The iPhone 4S is superior to the iPhone 4 in HW.

1. Really? List three major betas released to the public? (I'll even give you one, Facetime).
2. Duh. Who would have thought that the 4S wouldn't have superior hardware? However, this upgraded hardware is not needed for Siri.

Just sayin'.
post #162 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyy View Post

1. Really? What was the last major beta released to the public?
2. Duh. Who would have thought that the 4S wouldn't have superior hardware? However, this upgraded hardware is not needed for Siri.

Just sayin'.

1) Siri (and OS X to complete three since you changed your original post).

2) eehd
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #163 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyy View Post

1. Really? List three major betas released to the public? (I'll even give you one, Facetime).

FaceTime. Siri. OS X. iWork.com. ET CETERA.
post #164 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) Siri (and OS X to complete three since you changed your original post).

2) eehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

FaceTime. Siri. OS X. iWork.com. ET CETERA.

LOL, "All of the time."
I can't tell if you're you are actually this inane or just pushing buttons for the fun of it because you blindly missed my point. ~4 beta products over the past 12 years hardly contends to, "all of the time."

Also, eehd never said that the 4S was underpowered in comparison to the 4. He merely stated that, "[Siri] has nothing to do with hardware," because as stated, seen, and replicated, it doesn't.
post #165 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyy View Post

LOL, "All of the time."
I can't tell if you're you are actually this inane or just pushing buttons for the fun of it because you blindly missed my point. ~4 beta products over the past 12 years hardly contends to, "all of the time."

Also, eehd never said that the 4S was underpowered in comparison to the 4. He merely stated that, "[Siri] has nothing to do with hardware," because as stated, seen, and replicated, it doesn't.

1) You said name three and then you claim that there haven't been enough over 12 years. You might want to read up on what constitutes a fallacious arguments.

2) There have been a lot of minor updates that all the public have had, like iTunes and Safar Betas, and there have been constant public, as in not private to Apple developers, Betas. We just got one yesterday for iOS 5.0.1. Now, you might argue that those are private because you need a developer account, but I'll refer to the Public APIs that 3rd-party devs can use and the Private APIs they can't, so even though you might not think these Betas could be considered public, but they are. Hell, we even get a thousand articles on the internet every time they hit.

3) Here is eehd's exact words and my reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehd

The iPhone 4 is now inferior to the iPhone 4S because of the software.

Are we forgetting something? Um, hardware?

You and eehd seriously can't see how the iPhone 4 is inferior to the iPhone 4S because of the hardware, as well as the inclusion of the Siri. if you don't then I ask you how you think the iPhone 4S will sell in most of the world where Siri is not available?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #166 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

It is Apple's right to restrict Siri to iPhone 4S, no one is forcing you to buy an iPhone so no need to whine about it.

The OP point was that if MS pulled the same thing (which they also have a right to) Apple sheeple fanboys would be all over them... but of course Apple can take a dump on them and they'll say "Thank you"
post #167 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknabi View Post

The OP point was that if MS pulled the same thing (which they also have a right to) Apple sheeple fanboys would be all over them... but of course Apple can take a dump on them and they'll say "Thank you"

Wow. What a well-thought-out and impressive point.

Shame, then, that Android's business model revolves around not giving existing hardware any software updates whatsoever and you don't hear hide nor hair about that here until the Android trolls try to make fun of Apple for not giving Siri to existing models.

To summarize, you're completely wrong on every point you've tried to make here.
post #168 of 168
There's been quite a bit of talk about Siri powering the Apple HDTV. I don't think this is right. If you read the book, Steve says, "I finally cracked it." But, the book describes his first interaction with Siri at the Board meeting where he resigned right before his death.

I'm just not sure. I guess it's possible (and likely) that he knew about the technology, but given his health there at the end, he was probably pretty hands-off at that point, and may not have specifically applied voice control to the TV, although it'd be nice.

Now, if the TV turns out to not have Siri, we're all going to be sad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Jailbreak hack enables Siri on iPhone 4, 4th-gen iPod touch