or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › IPhone simcard question?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IPhone simcard question?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I'm going somewhere tomorrow and I'll be going out with a friend. My question is can I take my iPhone simcard out and put it in my old LG Vu phone. I don't want to have to worry all night if I'm gonna lose or drop my phone.
post #2 of 8
The idea behind owning a device is using it.

If you're going out bungee jumping or scuba diving, I can understand your paranoia.

If it's anything else, nope. Take your freaking iPhone and use it. That's the point.

I don't use my iPhone as a phone and I still take it everywhere.
post #3 of 8
The iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S use a micro sim which is a smaller type of simcard basically. But if you have the iPhone 3g or 3gs then you will be fine. As I say if you have an iPhone 4 or 4s then you will need to use a micro sim adapter which you can get from your network shops (they should give you one for free btw. If they ask for money then don't take it i have been given loads for free because there not worth anything.
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by absiri View Post

The iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S use a micro sim which is a smaller type of simcard basically. But if you have the iPhone 3g or 3gs then you will be fine. As I say if you have an iPhone 4 or 4s then you will need to use a micro sim adapter which you can get from your network shops (they should give you one for free btw. If they ask for money then don't take it i have been given loads for free because there not worth anything.

It'd be nice if what you were saying in ANY of your replies had ANYTHING to do with the threads in question.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It'd be nice if what you were saying in ANY of your replies had ANYTHING to do with the threads in question.

HIS post DID address the OP... YOUR first post on the other hand......

To summarize ...
iPhone 3GS or older ... the sim will work in the other phone ...
iPhone 4 or 4S, you'll need an adapter tray to accommodate the micro-sim. (but it will work.)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #6 of 8
yes if it starts up to be that if you know.
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by uspaa View Post

I'm going somewhere tomorrow and I'll be going out with a friend. My question is can I take my iPhone simcard out and put it in my old LG Vu phone. I don't want to have to worry all night if I'm gonna lose or drop my phone.


get an otterbox if your worried about breaking it..as guy dropped his iphone in an otterbox off 23 stories and it survived. Unless you are gonna drop in water or off the empire state building, it will survive.
post #8 of 8
As I say if you have an iPhone 4 or 4s then you will need to use a micro sim adapter which you can get from your network shops (they should give you one for free btw. If they ask for money then don't take it i have been given loads for free because there not worth anything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › IPhone simcard question?