or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Battery and Ram questions

Battery and Ram questions

post #1 of 3
I have been a mac fan since I learned to use a computer when I was a little boy (lost the faith in middle school). Got a Macbook again when I went to college, from my parents, then was able to get another Macbook pro with my own money. i sit and type on it now.

Either way I love it and I will probably have at least one apple device in my possession for the rest of my life.

Now I have two questions. The first is that I recently learned I could upgrade my RAM, all by myself. I know I need PC3 DDR3 but what brand should I buy. What kind exactly should I be looking for when I buy this ram for my laptop.

Also I just got my battery replaced yesterday. I know about training my battery. I fully charged it, let it fully discharge and then recharged it fully. I wanted to know what percentage should I start recharging my battery when I use it. Should I recharge it when it has 30% left? 20%? 5%?

Thank you for any help or advice you can give me.
Macbook Pro 13'' 2.53 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - Snow Leopard 10.6.8
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm5k6 View Post

what brand should I buy.

Whatever's cheapest. It's really pretty much all the same. Make sure it's the right pinnage and right speed.

Quote:
I wanted to know what percentage should I start recharging my battery when I use it.

Whenever you want. There aren't really strict guidelines. Apple's battery page is good information.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #3 of 3
Thank you.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Battery and Ram questions