or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Battery and Ram questions

Battery and Ram questions

post #1 of 3
I have been a mac fan since I learned to use a computer when I was a little boy (lost the faith in middle school). Got a Macbook again when I went to college, from my parents, then was able to get another Macbook pro with my own money. i sit and type on it now.

Either way I love it and I will probably have at least one apple device in my possession for the rest of my life.

Now I have two questions. The first is that I recently learned I could upgrade my RAM, all by myself. I know I need PC3 DDR3 but what brand should I buy. What kind exactly should I be looking for when I buy this ram for my laptop.

Also I just got my battery replaced yesterday. I know about training my battery. I fully charged it, let it fully discharge and then recharged it fully. I wanted to know what percentage should I start recharging my battery when I use it. Should I recharge it when it has 30% left? 20%? 5%?

Thank you for any help or advice you can give me.
Macbook Pro 13'' 2.53 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - Snow Leopard 10.6.8
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm5k6 View Post

what brand should I buy.

Whatever's cheapest. It's really pretty much all the same. Make sure it's the right pinnage and right speed.

Quote:
I wanted to know what percentage should I start recharging my battery when I use it.

Whenever you want. There aren't really strict guidelines. Apple's battery page is good information.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #3 of 3
Thank you.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Battery and Ram questions