or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 'Lost' 70-minute interview with Steve Jobs coming to select theaters in November.

'Lost' 70-minute interview with Steve Jobs coming to select theaters in November. - Page 2

post #41 of 67
It will come out in theaters and the profits will not be nearly what they expected. They should have more respect for Steve. He is not a God. He is a man who had allot of talent. He was mortal and died. He is now gone and we need to try and remember him as a man who loved Apple, a man who had extreme talent and was able to get things accomplished. A movie in a theater? Really. Put it on one of the local networks line CBS, NBC or ABC. not be buying it on DVD.
An Apple man since 1977
An Apple man since 1977
post #42 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

Except that iCloud doesn't sync video.

Does if you use that special folder directly.
post #43 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

The best you can 'restore' VHS is back to ... umm ... VHS quality. There is no hiden data in a VHS that allows it to become better than it was when first recorded. The footage may be 'enhanced' and as the footage was well lit to start with it probably will look OK. Specially seeing as few people will go only for the cinematic image quality

I dunno. It always worked on Star Trek. "Computer, enlarge section A-5 and enhance" Boom! Instant detail!

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #44 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

I agree, as much as I would like to see the interview, I definitely won't pay or go to a theater to see it.

So much for the Fandroids' all-Apple-fans-are-creepy-hero-worshiping-iSheep theory.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #45 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I dunno. It always worked on Star Trek. "Computer, enlarge section A-5 and enhance" Boom! Instant detail!

there is actually some pretty advance off the shelf software out now that looks at each pixel and works to create new data based on the pixel information around it. It also looks to replace missing pixels or repair damaged ones. Companies like IMAX have proprietary software that they use to uprez some of their films and the results are nothing short of amazing. Companies like Alien Skin have this sort of software for Photoshop and I think Red Giant Software makes some for AfterEffects.
post #46 of 67
Why not just say, "and coming to a bit torrent site near you."

Here's one a little over 47 minutes about Steve Jobs from Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/66625228/

I must say it's good. Damn good!!
If you want to call me names, tell me to shut up and f off...you will be ignored. I WILL NOT BE BULLIED!!
If you want to call me names, tell me to shut up and f off...you will be ignored. I WILL NOT BE BULLIED!!
post #47 of 67
Someone torrent this, please.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #48 of 67
just picked up my tickets to the NYC showing!
post #49 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Someone torrent this, please.

You grabbing the other tribute videos hitting the net?

How about the one that aired on Channel 4 in the UK? That one looked cheesy from the title and then embodies it throughout the video.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...d-2924879.html
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #50 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

How about the one that aired on Channel 4 in the UK? That one looked cheesy from the title and then embodies it throughout the video.

The Channel4 one sounds bad. I didn't think much of the PBS one either and it seems to have had a lot of the same recycled footage. The Bloomberg one (above) as reference by VisualZone was better in my opinion. It painted a better picture of Jobs and Apple during and after he was ousted. Likewise the period after his return. A precarious period, indeed. The Bondi iMac was do or die - testament to Jobs' bravery. As was pointed out - had that failed it would have been the end of Apple. A difficult scenario to imagine.
post #51 of 67
All these old Jobs interviews are popping up. Cool. but I'd rather see the whole Jobs, Apple. NeXT, Pixar, Apple story in a 20 hour Ken Burns special on PBS than these too short to possibly tell enough of the story specials.

There is SO much about Apple, Jobs, etc. that it can't be summarized in 2 hours.
post #52 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Slapping a cleaned-up VHS master onto a large screen just doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

We're all too spoiled
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #53 of 67
ohh.. good to see ... why this interview was "lost"? i am not able to understnd..
post #54 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

We're all too spoiled

Yes, we are. Do you have your ticket yet?

I mean, what does a large projection add to it?
post #55 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulk001 View Post

there is actually some pretty advance off the shelf software out now that looks at each pixel and works to create new data based on the pixel information around it. It also looks to replace missing pixels or repair damaged ones. Companies like IMAX have proprietary software that they use to uprez some of their films and the results are nothing short of amazing. Companies like Alien Skin have this sort of software for Photoshop and I think Red Giant Software makes some for AfterEffects.

Really? If it can create missing information not present in the original file, can it be used recursively to add more and more information to any arbitrary resolution?

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #56 of 67
Seriously, if I were Jobs' widow I would go to court to trademark his name and likeness. It might keep the money grubbers from trying to make a fast buck off his name and work...
post #57 of 67
Quote:

The Channel4 one sounds bad. I didn't think much of the PBS one either and it seems to have had a lot of the same recycled footage. The Bloomberg one (above) as reference by VisualZone was better in my opinion. It painted a better picture of Jobs and Apple during and after he was ousted. Likewise the period after his return. A precarious period, indeed. The Bondi iMac was do or die - testament to Jobs' bravery. As was pointed out - had that failed it would have been the end of Apple. A difficult scenario to imagine.

I'm almost positive the Channel4 and PBS versions are nearly identical. The only difference I could tell was the voice over selection. It's like how Planet Earth and Life had David Attenborough in the UK, and the US got Sigourney Weaver and Oprah. Although I preferred the UK version for those, but I think the Steve Jobs piece was better with the American accent.
post #58 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProVideo View Post

I'm almost positive the Channel4 and PBS versions are nearly identical. The only difference I could tell was the voice over selection. It's like how Planet Earth and Life had David Attenborough in the UK, and the US got Sigourney Weaver and Oprah. Although I preferred the UK version for those, but I think the Steve Jobs piece was better with the American accent.

I'm waiting for the Jamaican version.
post #59 of 67
Quote:

The best you can 'restore' VHS is back to ... umm ... VHS quality. There is no hiden data in a VHS that allows it to become better than it was when first recorded. The footage may be 'enhanced' and as the footage was well lit to start with it probably will look OK. Specially seeing as few people will go only for the cinematic image quality
But a cinema release seems very odd. Probably just a quick and easy way to monetize.

Enhance. Enhance. Enhance.
It works on CSI.
post #60 of 67
Quote:

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Channel 4 is by far the best UK and Ireland TV channel though, with consistently the best documentaries on TV - worldwide.
post #61 of 67
I'm sure this movie will have higher per-ticket profit margins than any other film studio's movies.
post #62 of 67
Maybe the only reason to go see this is to get out of the house and see who else is fool enough to go see it. Could be interesting.

I didn't see a listing for L.A. yesterday. Anybody know anything?

Edit: the Regent, when, that I don't know yet.
post #63 of 67
After an artist dies, his work raises in value. Here we see that at work.

One wonders if the presenters have the actual signed releases that permit their making money from this.

Or were those/was that with the original lost tape?

You know. For provenance.
post #64 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post

his now infamous comeback at Apple

Yes it's a poor choice of words. There was nothing evil about Jobs's return. A better choice might have been legendary, or simply famous.
post #65 of 67
This article provides insight both into the motivation and the technical process:

http://www.cringely.com/2011/11/seek...al-resolution/
post #66 of 67
Quote:

Thanks for that link. Sad to read they write of an 'iPhone 4GS'.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #67 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Channel 4 is by far the best UK and Ireland TV channel though, with consistently the best documentaries on TV - worldwide.

The new Ch4 five-part series Brave New World with Stephen Hawking is pretty good.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 'Lost' 70-minute interview with Steve Jobs coming to select theaters in November.