or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Where can I download a complete 8.1 from?

Where can I download a complete 8.1 from?

post #1 of 6
Dear geniuses, i have an old starmax which I upgraded to a G3and I'm selling-except that the bugger won't start-up now. I seem to have lost my system disk- is there any way that I can download a complete system (not an update) onto my DP533 and burn a system disk for it- if so where do I go. Thanks,alex.

"Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking." XamaX

I'll never get back the time i just wasted reading that post." Miami Craig
" It's like you've achieved some kind of irrelevance zen, or...

"Wankers talking about other wankers and wanking." XamaX

I'll never get back the time i just wasted reading that post." Miami Craig
" It's like you've achieved some kind of irrelevance zen, or...

post #2 of 6
sorry, the most recent one you can get from apple for free is the 7.5 series. not sure there are any legit. downloads of 8.x, but you can look around.
post #3 of 6
How about 7.5 systems in other languages? I'd like to have a copy in Chinese for my old LC. Where can I download it?
...nunc et in hora mortis nostrae...
...nunc et in hora mortis nostrae...
post #4 of 6
apple's ftp server has it.

ftp.apple.com

just search around, you'll find it. i have no idea what it was like in other languages, but i don't think it was great. i know a japanese women who bought disks to give her a better japanese language kit. can't imagine that if japanese isn't supported (when japan is typically pro mac) that chinese would be any better.
post #5 of 6
Check the ad section of a Macworld/MacAddict magazine. Some online dealers will sell a CD copy of 8.1 and 8.5. I'd tell ya exactly which dealers but I don't remember and I don't have my magazines with me at the moment.
post #6 of 6
try <a href="http://www.tracker-tracker.com/carracho/index.php" target="_blank">Carracho, my FAVORITE store.</a>
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Where can I download a complete 8.1 from?