or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Can the new macbook air be considered the best laptop ever?

Can the new macbook air be considered the best laptop ever?

post #1 of 4
i bought the higher-end model. AMAZING.

i never had anything like this before, it's really fast, light, beautiful, great construction quality, great functionality etc. lot's of tech sites call this laptop "the" laptop.

obviously different users have different needs, but think outside your box. is there any laptop better than this one? for me, no!!

(consider price, hardware/power, obviously "integration" between hardware and software, etc).

p.s: is there any usb 3 adapter for thunderbolt? will a usb 3 work fast in this usb 2 ports?
post #2 of 4
Yes, you chose a VERY nice computer. The Airs make a lot of sense for most people.

I have a late 2010, sadly the 2010s are a bit slow, but it's still very nice.

The 2011 machines are quite amazing. The speed and size is hard to believe.
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
*Powerbook G4 12" - 1.5 GHZ
*iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ (Mid 2007), *Apple 20-inch Cinema Display (Aluminium)
*iPhone 4S, Airport Extreme (2011) *MacBook Air 11-inch (Late 2010)
post #3 of 4
It looks very good. I hope to get one one soon too. It's obviously not for 3D games but that's probably its only weakness. I have a desktop I use for games and don't really want it for that.

Considering that they've nailed a really compelling design and performance combination...where do you think the MacBook Airs can go from here? For me the main thing they could focus on is moving the screen to IPS or whatever other technology they're working on right now. I can't think of too much more you can do with that thing.
post #4 of 4
Yes.

It's only competition is other Apple laptops. No one makes laptops like Apple!

Other good laptops through the years: PowerBook G4. The Duo line. And the last PowerBook G3, the Pismo I think it was. My fiancee still has a PBG4 it is a tank. Now she has the new 11" Air. Freakin' sweet laptop, and I agree with you, probably the best yet.

One thing I don't like about the current MacBook Pros is the friggin' sharp bezel in front. Also I don't really care for the new flat "chiclet" keys. PB G4 keyboard is still the best for my fingers. Other than that, it's perfection and engineering genius with Apple laptops these days.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Can the new macbook air be considered the best laptop ever?