or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Lynching of Herman Cain
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Lynching of Herman Cain

post #1 of 189
Thread Starter 
I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this. By now I assume most have heard of the sexual harassment allegations made against Herman Cain. Recently, one woman held a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred, where she detailed one alleged incident. Cain has denied all allegations.

Do you find these allegations credible?

How do you think Cain has handled this?

Who may have organized the attacks?

Other thoughts?


As for me, I'm not a Cain supporter (though I do find him interesting). That said, I don't find these allegations credible for a variety of reasons. The timing of them is beyond conspicuous. The latest woman's story simply sounded ridiculous. Here recall of detail, her weird smile as she spoke, all of it...it smelled funny. Thus far I've heard and seen nothing that substantiates any of the charges.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #2 of 189
Were you this incredulous regarding every potential scandal against the team you hate?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #3 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Were you this incredulous regarding every potential scandal against the team you hate?

I see you've chosen not to actually participate in the thread, and have instead decided to use your tried and true method of personally attacking the OP and other members for no apparent reason.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #4 of 189
So you are asking for evidence...and without evidence...you don't want to believe these seemingly (in your opinion) incredulous claims?

Hmm. Evidence. Funny thing. When you start demanding evidence in one arena in life, but still refuse to demand evidence in others, it makes you what is commonly called a hypocrite.

Want to know what else is seemingly incredulous? A perfect being sacrificing himself to himself because his creations got tricked by another one of his creations and killing all of his creations the first time didn't really solve the problem.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #5 of 189
Who am I kidding? That seems totally plausible...but a powerful man sexually harassing women? That's nutso talk.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #6 of 189
Most blacks are still living on the Democrat plantation. Herman Cain is one of the few to not follow the herd and he's forged his own path becoming a successful, self made business man in the US. He also happens to be a conservative and a black man, so the liberals are obviously going after him with everything that they got. He might as well be the devil.

A black man who can think for himself and does not follow the herd is one of the worst nightmares for liberals. Many liberal commentators, who would fit perfectly in with a group like the KKK, have been mocking Herman Cain, using racial slurs and they're doing everything that they can to put this black man and uncle tom in his place.

As for the alleged sexual harassment, so what? It's a non-story with a few women coming forth years later and some of them have suspicious motives.

The one woman I saw was not very attractive and unattractive females should be flattered that any males would bother to show any interest in them. What's the problem? Did anybody get raped? Was any assault committed? Even if Cain tried to make a pass at one of the women before, then so what? That is not illegal. If the woman wasn't interested and Cain took no for an answer, then big fucking deal.

These sexual harassment allegations are a bunch of crap, and it's merely an attempt by the liberal media and liberal racists to get rid of a black guy who they don't like and who they see as a threat. If only the liberal media had spent one tenth of the time vetting Obama as they are spending on Cain, then perhaps people would take them more seriously. Their credibility is gone.
post #7 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

So you are asking for evidence...and without evidence...you don't want to believe these seemingly (in your opinion) incredulous claims?

Hmm. Evidence. Funny thing. When you start demanding evidence in one arena in life, but still refuse to demand evidence in others, it makes you what is commonly called a hypocrite.

Want to know what else is seemingly incredulous? A perfect being sacrificing himself to himself because his creations got tricked by another one of his creations and killing all of his creations the first time didn't really solve the problem.

So because I believe in God, I must accept every claim ever made at face value? Because I choose to accept that one thing on faith, I should accept everything on faith?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #8 of 189
Don't let BR derail the thread, SDW2001. Just ignore him. It's worked well for me.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #9 of 189
This thread is absolute nonsense. Since none of you were there to witness exactly what happened, how can you possibly make a positive statement pro or con. Of course this shouldn't be left up to anyone who wasn't there to say what happened or didn't happen.

Wait until all the facts are in and 'tested' before jumping to any conclusion pro or con.
In the meantime, it's all guess work. Therefore, anyone making a statement, pro or con, is just showing his own point of view.

By making any statement, you are indicating your ignorance of the facts / bias / prejudice / and the political party of your choice.

'nuff said.
ADS
Reply
ADS
Reply
post #10 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

This thread is absolute nonsense. Since none of you were there to witness exactly what happened, how can you possibly make a positive statement pro or con. Of course this shouldn't be left up to anyone who wasn't there to say what happened or didn't happen.

This thread is not nonsense. What is nonsense is the lamestream media already passing judgement on it, and they're out to get the black guy.

So the media is allowed to have an opinion on it and take sides, but people on a forum are not?

If it comes down to he said, she said, then I'm going to believe the black conservative guy over unattractive liberal white women. I've seen the kinds of attacks being mounted against Cain, and the thread title is accurate. They're trying to lynch him.
post #11 of 189
Cain settled at least two sexual harassment claims out of court. When the allegations came up he denied any knowledge.
post #12 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Cain settled at least two sexual harassment claims out of court. When the allegations came up he denied any knowledge.

Yes, he allowed his business legal department to handle the allegations and stayed out of it. Would it have been wiser for him to handle them directly?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #13 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this. By now I assume most have heard of the sexual harassment allegations made against Herman Cain. Recently, one woman held a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred, where she detailed one alleged incident. Cain has denied all allegations.

Darn it. I literally had a tab open starting a thread with that EXACT title. Great minds think alike obviously.

Quote:
Do you find these allegations credible?

So far, no.

Quote:
How do you think Cain has handled this?

I think he hasn't done as well as he could have with it. Most people who don't do things wrong though don't really have experience with responding to allegations of wrong doing.

Quote:
Who may have organized the attacks?

I doubt we will ever know. I'm sure there will be a way to draw some links but I doubt it will ever move beyond the stage of inferring who did it.

Quote:
Other thoughts?

As you said, it is akin to a media lynching and it is very clear the media will do this to any Republican candidate that has the possibility of causing a split in a key Democratic constituency. Sarah Palin could have done this with women, especially disenfranchised Hillary voters and it is clear Cain might do this with African-Americans.
Quote:
As for me, I'm not a Cain supporter (though I do find him interesting). That said, I don't find these allegations credible for a variety of reasons. The timing of them is beyond conspicuous. The latest woman's story simply sounded ridiculous. Here recall of detail, her weird smile as she spoke, all of it...it smelled funny. Thus far I've heard and seen nothing that substantiates any of the charges.


The media have shown they will report on anything related to Cain and attempting to discredit him. As an example here is a fifth woman who declared it was wrong of Cain to.... eat dinner either alone or with their group


Black men coming to take all your white women has been the classic Democratic smear tactic for hundreds of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

This thread is absolute nonsense. Since none of you were there to witness exactly what happened, how can you possibly make a positive statement pro or con. Of course this shouldn't be left up to anyone who wasn't there to say what happened or didn't happen.

Wait until all the facts are in and 'tested' before jumping to any conclusion pro or con.
In the meantime, it's all guess work. Therefore, anyone making a statement, pro or con, is just showing his own point of view.

By making any statement, you are indicating your ignorance of the facts / bias / prejudice / and the political party of your choice.

'nuff said.

Nuff not said.

The media have run 117 stories on these allegations and done nothing but repeated the same accusations without facts over and over. It is a pure smear.


They have run 117 stories (99 at the time of that article) while having given a total of 8 stories to Bill Clinton and allegations from Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick.


They've run more stories on Cain and these allegations in less than two weeks than they ran on Obama in 20 months regarding his ties to Ayers, Rezko or Wright.

It's clear the media want Cain out because the Democrats can't get their base excited and he can split their base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Cain settled at least two sexual harassment claims out of court. When the allegations came up he denied any knowledge.

He did not personally settle them. He wasn't involved at all with those proceedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Yes, he allowed his business legal department to handle the allegations and stayed out of it. Would it have been wiser for him to handle them directly?

The point is when you've got a big target on your back, people sue and if it is cheaper to pay them off than deal with the lawsuit, the business will often settle. Apple has this happen routinely. Apple also has $80 billion in the bank. A search for Apple and settle suit turns up dozens of instances.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #14 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

He did not personally settle them. He wasn't involved at all with those proceedings.

So he had no knowledge of the settlements? Is that what you're saying? Because if it's not, then when he denied any knowledge, he was lying. If he allowed his legal team to settle on his behalf, implicating him in misdeeds, without his knowledge, then he's incompetent. So which is it?

It's not just the allegations (and the fact that there was more than one victim) that's the problem. It's the allegations combined with his inappropriate and self-implicating response that make him unelectable. No one will vote for him except those few die-hard people who will vote for anyone as long as it's not a "filthy" Liberal (assuming they're old enough to vote).
post #15 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So he had no knowledge of the settlements? Is that what you're saying? Because if it's not, then when he denied any knowledge, he was lying. If he allowed his legal team to settle on his behalf, implicating him in misdeeds, without his knowledge, then he's incompetent. So which is it?

False dilemma. He could simply refer it to legal counsel and they report back on the outcome. Settlements specifically do not implicate him. Most settlements specifically declare that no admission of wrong-doing has occurred.

So it is neither. It is no different than Apple or what any other company does. Was Steve Jobs lying or incompetent every time Apple settled?

Quote:
It's not just the allegations (and the fact that there was more than one victim) that's the problem. It's the allegations combined with his inappropriate and self-implicating response that make him unelectable. No one will vote for him except those few die-hard people who will vote for anyone as long as it's not a "filthy" Liberal (assuming they're old enough to vote).

You're completely wrong about this. Most people do not live or think in terms of the liberal media microscope and they don't and won't buy the spin you clearly have bought. Someone staring at a watch too long, flubbing one answer or even having a bad press conference isn't the end of the world. It certainly hasn't been for Obama. It cumulatively damaged Bush over the long term but that was because the media have come off the sidelines and were relentless about it for years. Obama had a major flub just this week (not that they would report about) when he was caught bad mouthing a fellow head of state.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #16 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

False dilemma. He could simply refer it to legal counsel and they report back on the outcome. Settlements specifically do not implicate him. Most settlements specifically declare that no admission of wrong-doing has occurred.

So it is neither. It is no different than Apple or what any other company does. Was Steve Jobs lying or incompetent every time Apple settled?



You're completely wrong about this. Most people do not live or think in terms of the liberal media microscope and they don't and won't buy the spin you clearly have bought. Someone staring at a watch too long, flubbing one answer or even having a bad press conference isn't the end of the world. It certainly hasn't been for Obama. It cumulatively damaged Bush over the long term but that was because the media have come off the sidelines and were relentless about it for years. Obama had a major flub just this week (not that they would report about) when he was caught bad mouthing a fellow head of state.

Cain originally told Politico that he was "not aware of any settlements".

Now go and clean up your incorrect bullshit according to the facts.
post #17 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

So because I believe in God, I must accept every claim ever made at face value? Because I choose to accept that one thing on faith, I should accept everything on faith?

No, but when you start playing the facts and evidence card I get to call you out for being a ridiculous hypocrite.

OH, SO NOW FACTS MATTER TO YOU. HA! THAT'S RICH! FROM YOU!

You believe whatever is convenient for your personal gain. Furthermore, why did you use the word "lynching" in the title? I'm a little confused.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #18 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Yes, he allowed his business legal department to handle the allegations and stayed out of it. Would it have been wiser for him to handle them directly?

He couldn't even do that. The lawsuit is filed against the business and not the individual.
post #19 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Cain originally told Politico that he was "not aware of any settlements".

Now go and clean up your incorrect bullshit according to the facts.

How does that change anything? Most of the reports I've read say the timeframe for this is 98-99ish. If it were handled apart from him and all he received was some sort of update on it, why would that be something to be immediately recalled 12-13 years later? Do you have instant recall of every facet of your life from 13 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

No, but when you start playing the facts and evidence card I get to call you out for being a ridiculous hypocrite.

OH, SO NOW FACTS MATTER TO YOU. HA! THAT'S RICH! FROM YOU!

You believe whatever is convenient for your personal gain. Furthermore, why did you use the word "lynching" in the title? I'm a little confused.

Yes, you are a little confused because killing the messenger doesn't change the message. Lynching is a murder carried out by a mob. While it may not be an attempt to physically murder him, it figuratively is an attempt to murder his presidential ambitions, his public persona, and
his overall reputation via a mob and smears. Meanwhile, it's pretty clear what you really want to discuss.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #20 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

How does that change anything? Most of the reports I've read say the timeframe for this is 98-99ish. If it were handled apart from him and all he received was some sort of update on it, why would that be something to be immediately recalled 12-13 years later? Do you have instant recall of every facet of your life from 13 years ago?

If you're saying that you wouldn't remember being accused, TWICE, of sexual harassment, with full knowledge of the accusations, for the rest of your life, then either you are a fucking liar, or you think sexual harassment is no big deal. Either way, you're a dick if that's what you believe.
post #21 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If you're saying that you wouldn't remember being accused, TWICE, of sexual harassment, with full knowledge of the accusations, for the rest of your life, then either you are a fucking liar, or you think sexual harassment is no big deal. Either way, you're a dick if that's what you believe.

Lash out much?

What's the deal with the false dilemma's? Is it the new fallacy du jour?

Let me ask a question for consideration. If Herman Cain was the type to always act this way, why would all the alleged incidents have only ever taken place during the same job, at the same place, during the same timeframe?

This to me looks like an organization that didn't cover their bases, some people targeted the top, made some claims, and made some money but the door closed due to better representation, handbook guidelines, whatever.

If Herman Cain is the type that would undertake these actions serially, then why didn't he do them as CEO of Godfather's Pizza, while working for Burger King, while he was in the Navy, etc.

Which makes more sense, that he just lost his mind for one year out of the 65 years he has been alive or that something about the environment was the outlier. I'd say the latter and since it is clear Cain doesn't deal with claims that way or wasn't even well acquainted with the details since the organization handled it, I'd double down on on the credibility of it being about the organization and not the man who headed it for three years.

Cain has volunteered to take a lie detector test as well. His statements indicate he doesn't even know who these people are making these allegations. A check into the background of the people making the allegations shows a lot of questionable character traits and also patterns of behavior.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #22 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Lash out much?

What's the deal with the false dilemma's? Is it the new fallacy du jour?

Let me ask a question for consideration. If Herman Cain was the type to always act this way, why would all the alleged incidents have only ever taken place during the same job, at the same place, during the same timeframe?

This to me looks like an organization that didn't cover their bases, some people targeted the top, made some claims, and made some money but the door closed due to better representation, handbook guidelines, whatever.

If Herman Cain is the type that would undertake these actions serially, then why didn't he do them as CEO of Godfather's Pizza, while working for Burger King, while he was in the Navy, etc.

Which makes more sense, that he just lost his mind for one year out of the 65 years he has been alive or that something about the environment was the outlier. I'd say the latter and since it is clear Cain doesn't deal with claims that way or wasn't even well acquainted with the details since the organization handled it, I'd double down on on the credibility of it being about the organization and not the man who headed it for three years.

Cain has volunteered to take a lie detector test as well. His statements indicate he doesn't even know who these people are making these allegations. A check into the background of the people making the allegations shows a lot of questionable character traits and also patterns of behavior.

Bull. Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he blocked out the memory and honestly can't recall, one doesn't block out a memory when it's a serious issue and they're innocent, but they might block out a memory if they're guilty and it's something they might want to forget.

But anyway, none of that matters. We've found our answer.

It's just not a serious issue to him.

Unelectable.

(And you know I was using the editorial "you", not referring to Trumptman.)
post #23 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

This thread is absolute nonsense. Since none of you were there to witness exactly what happened, how can you possibly make a positive statement pro or con. Of course this shouldn't be left up to anyone who wasn't there to say what happened or didn't happen.

Wait until all the facts are in and 'tested' before jumping to any conclusion pro or con.
In the meantime, it's all guess work. Therefore, anyone making a statement, pro or con, is just showing his own point of view.

By making any statement, you are indicating your ignorance of the facts / bias / prejudice / and the political party of your choice.

'nuff said.

Then don't participate and kindly STFU. I am asking for opinions. Christ, you're worse than BR.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #24 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Bull. Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he blocked out the memory and honestly can't recall, one doesn't block out a memory when it's a serious issue and they're innocent, but they might block out a memory if they're guilty and it's something they might want to forget.

But anyway, none of that matters. We've found our answer.

It's just not a serious issue to him.

Unelectable.

(And you know I was using the editorial "you", not referring to Trumptman.)

First of all it wasn't a criminal act and from his perspective it isn't a serious matter because he claims not to have engaged in the actions and his recollection of them involve noting a woman was the same height as his wife. Do you recall anyone you ever noted was the same height as a family member from 13 years ago tonton?

Sorry tonton, but showing how out of touch you might be doesn't help your case. Cracking a joke doesn't disqualify someone from being president. It also doesn't show someone is not serious.

What does show someone is not serious? How about half a billion in loans to a bankrupt solar company while "postponing" and thus turning away 20,000 jobs with a special review related to an oil pipeline. Let us not forget that Obama also put a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf while encouraging oil drilling in Brazil.

Someone is indeed unserious and it is President Obama who despite having spent trillions still treats profits, jobs and energy needs as unserious matters.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #25 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

No, but when you start playing the facts and evidence card I get to call you out for being a ridiculous hypocrite.

I asked if people found the allegations credible. From what I've seen, I do not. There is no way to tell for sure...it's my opinion based on what I've seen. Do you have a different opinion?

Quote:

OH, SO NOW FACTS MATTER TO YOU. HA! THAT'S RICH! FROM YOU!

I'm not sure if you're just that ignorant of faith, or just that hostile towards it. One does not need to suspend all logic and reason to believe in God.

Quote:

You believe whatever is convenient for your personal gain. Furthermore, why did you use the word "lynching" in the title? I'm a little confused.

1. How do I gain? I've already stated that I'm not a Cain supporter. And why do you think that believing in God is "convenient?"

2. Two reasons. First, Cain himself predicted a "high tech lynching" several months ago. Secondly, because if you're a Democrat--it's clearly OK to be racist if the other guy is a black Republican.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #26 of 189
This is a great and informative read.

Quote:
Meanwhile, as extensively detailed in my book Guilty: Liberal 'Victims' and Their Assault on America, the only reason Obama became a U.S. senator -- allowing him to run for president -- is that David Axelrod pulled sealed divorce records out of a hat, first, against Obama's Democratic primary opponent, and then against Obama's Republican opponent.

One month before the 2004 Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate, Obama was way down in the polls, about to lose to Blair Hull, a multimillionaire securities trader.

But then The Chicago Tribune -- where Axelrod used to work -- began publishing claims that Hull's second ex-wife, Brenda Sexton, had sought an order of protection against him during their 1998 divorce proceedings.

From then until Election Day, Hull was embroiled in fighting the allegation that he was a "wife beater." He and his ex-wife eventually agreed to release their sealed divorce records. His first ex-wife, daughters and nanny defended him at a press conference, swearing he was never violent. During a Democratic debate, Hull was forced to explain that his wife kicked him and he had merely kicked her back.

Hull's substantial lead just a month before the primary collapsed with the nonstop media attention to his divorce records. Obama sailed to the front of the pack and won the primary. Hull finished third with 10 percent of the vote.

Luckily for Axelrod, Obama's opponent in the general election had also been divorced.

The Republican nominee was Jack Ryan, a graduate of Dartmouth and Harvard law and business schools, who had left his lucrative partnership at Goldman Sachs​ to teach at an inner-city school on the South Side of Chicago.

But in a child custody dispute some years earlier, Ryan's ex-wife, Hollywood sex kitten Jeri Lynn Ryan​, had alleged that, while the couple was married, Jack had taken her to swingers clubs in Paris and New York.

Jack Ryan adamantly denied the allegations. In the interest of protecting their son, he also requested that the records be put permanently under seal.

Axelrod's courthouse moles obtained the "sealed" records and, in no time, they were in the hands of every political operative in Chicago. Knowing perfectly well what was in the records, Chicago Tribune attorneys flew to California and requested that the court officially "unseal" them -- over the objections of both Jack and Jeri Ryan​.

Your honor, who knows what could be in these records!

A California judge ordered them unsealed, which allowed newspapers to publish the salacious allegations, and four days later, Ryan dropped out of the race under pressure from idiot Republicans (who should be tracked down and shot).

With a last-minute replacement of Alan Keyes as Obama's Republican opponent, Obama was able to set an all-time record in an Illinois Senate election, winning with a 43 percent margin.

And that's how Obama became a senator four years after losing a congressional race to Bobby Rush​. (In a disastrous turn of events, Rush was not divorced.)

Axelrod destroyed the only two men who stood between Obama and the Senate with illicitly obtained, lurid allegations from their pasts.

In 2007, long after Obama was safely ensconced in the U.S. Senate, The New York Times reported: "The Tribune reporter who wrote the original piece (on Hull's sealed divorce records) later acknowledged in print that the Obama camp had 'worked aggressively behind the scenes' to push the story."

Some had suggested, the Times article continued, that Axelrod had "an even more significant role -- that he leaked the initial story."

This time, Obama's little helpers have not only thrown a bomb into the Republican primary, but are hoping to destroy the man who deprives the Democrats of their only argument in 2012: If you oppose Obama, you must be a racist.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #27 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Bull. Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he blocked out the memory and honestly can't recall, one doesn't block out a memory when it's a serious issue and they're innocent, but they might block out a memory if they're guilty and it's something they might want to forget.

There are a lot of different ways to look at that. Cain was asked about settlements. Well, there were no sexual harassment settlements. There were accusations, followed by severance agreements. Frankly, I think it's completely understandable that he might not recall the details right away. Things like this go to Legal and HR and are handled from there. And as for the benefit of the doubt, isn't that what our legal system is based on? Why is he presumed guilty?

Quote:

But anyway, none of that matters. We've found our answer.

It's just not a serious issue to him.

Unelectable.

(And you know I was using the editorial "you", not referring to Trumptman.)

Come on. It was a joke. That's like saying John McCain doesn't consider Iran a serious issue because he once sang "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" to the tune of Barbara Ann. You can criticize him (them) for bad taste perhaps, but anything else is a real leap.

Back to benefit of the doubt: Cain hasn't gotten any despite a total lack of evidence concerning these accusations. Meanwhile, the validity of the charges has received EVERY benefit of the doubt. The media isn't investigating or reporting on the possibility the whole thing is a hit by the Obama campaign. I don't usually read Coulter, but here is an interesting piece on that subject.

Edit: Sorry...trump beat me to it.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #28 of 189
What's fucking hilarious is that these guys want you to believe that if this happened to Obama that they'd exercise restraint.

This thread had me belly laughing after the first sentence.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #29 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

What's fucking hilarious is that these guys want you to believe that if this happened to Obama that they'd exercise restraint.

This thread had me belly laughing after the first sentence.

Are you serious? Please find me the Obama and Larry Sinclair thread on these forums.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #30 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

This thread is not nonsense. What is nonsense is the lamestream media already passing judgement on it, and they're out to get the black guy.

So the media is allowed to have an opinion on it and take sides, but people on a forum are not?

If it comes down to he said, she said, then I'm going to believe the black conservative guy over unattractive liberal white women. I've seen the kinds of attacks being mounted against Cain, and the thread title is accurate. They're trying to lynch him.

One of the women is a Republican Tea Party member.
ADS
Reply
ADS
Reply
post #31 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this. By now I assume most have heard of the sexual harassment allegations made against Herman Cain. Recently, one woman held a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred, where she detailed one alleged incident. Cain has denied all allegations.

Do you find these allegations credible?

How do you think Cain has handled this?

Who may have organized the attacks?

Other thoughts?


As for me, I'm not a Cain supporter (though I do find him interesting). That said, I don't find these allegations credible for a variety of reasons. The timing of them is beyond conspicuous. The latest woman's story simply sounded ridiculous. Here recall of detail, her weird smile as she spoke, all of it...it smelled funny. Thus far I've heard and seen nothing that substantiates any of the charges.

I have a weird feeling myself this woman and the other one is a plant by the Democratic Party. After all these years this bullshit comes up with sexual harassment against Cain. I am not buying this for one moment. Could be Cain could be a strong candidate against Obama which his party fears quite a bit.
post #32 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

One of the women is a Republican Tea Party member.

The Tea Party is not a formal party and you cannot register for it with regard to primaries, etc.

So aside from a spokesperson or couple media members mouthing it, what about her actions makes you think she would be conservative?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #33 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

What's fucking hilarious is that these guys want you to believe that if this happened to Obama that they'd exercise restraint.

This thread had me belly laughing after the first sentence.

I'm not sure what to call this tactic of yours...a speculative strawman, perhaps? What you're really saying is YOU THINK you know how "we" would respond if this was Obama. The fact of the matter is that you do not. But you still try to obfuscate by engaging in low-grade personal attacks, rather than participating in the thread.


So how about it? What do you think of the allegations...are they credible?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #34 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The Tea Party is not a formal party and you cannot register for it with regard to primaries, etc.

So aside from a spokesperson or couple media members mouthing it, what about her actions makes you think she would be conservative?

What makes you sure she isn't. You probably have no evidence to prove she isn't
ADS
Reply
ADS
Reply
post #35 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

What makes you sure she isn't. You probably have no evidence to prove she isn't

He doesn't have to prove a negative. You have to prove she is, and no just in name only.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #36 of 189
Lynching of Cain? This thread title is disingenuous at best.

Perhaps we're witnessing delayed karma for Anita Hill's disgusting treatment... how she was lynched by the media to protect Clarence Thomas.

Wasn't Bill Clinton also lynched for his private indiscretions with Monica Lewinsky?

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #37 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

He doesn't have to prove a negative. You have to prove she is, and no just in name only.

OH
YOUR
GOD.

WOW! That's pretty much the most ironic thing you've ever said...EVER.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #38 of 189
I think it's all mudslinging. Eg. "Obama's a Muslim" etc. Until there's any substantial proof, I have to chalk this up to politics just being the dirty game it is.

Berlusconi had a nice ol' time but in the end the Euro was the thing that did him in.

Karma will out.
post #39 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

He doesn't have to prove a negative. You have to prove she is, and no just in name only.

But, but...http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...roof%22&page=5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw2001

Prove it wasn't divine intervention. And don't start with the burden of proof shit, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

He doesn't have to prove a negative. You have to prove she is, and no just in name only.

But...you said this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw2001

Prove it wasn't divine intervention. And don't start with the burden of proof shit, either.

But then in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

He doesn't have to prove a negative. You have to prove she is, and no just in name only.

BUT YOU FUCKING SAID THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw2001

Prove it wasn't divine intervention. And don't start with the burden of proof shit, either.

My oh my. See some sort of contradiction here?

SDW, start applying your statement in THIS THREAD to your religious views.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #40 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

OH
YOUR
GOD.

WOW! That's pretty much the most ironic thing you've ever said...EVER.

Let the record show that your new tactic is to attack your opposition's faith in every thread.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Lynching of Herman Cain