or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Possible to connect PS3 to an iMac 21.5?

Possible to connect PS3 to an iMac 21.5?

post #1 of 5
Firstly
- Is it possible or not?

Secondly
- What would I need to do in order for it to work, buy something else? A different monitor, maybe?

Thirdly
- How smoothly would the game play run?

Note - I think I only have HDMI / DisplayPort Output

I'll use a television if I have to, but any help would be nice on this subject.

Thanks.

Also, let me know if I forgot anything important. Not really an expert with all this tech stuff.
post #2 of 5
First, is it a current model? That's most important.
post #3 of 5
I bought it back in October 2010.
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephrin View Post

I bought it back in October 2010.

Ooh. Then it's possible, just a fair bit more expensive.

You'll need something like Elgato's EyeTV or something. Gosh, I'm not really sure. It'd have to be something with USB into the computer and HDMI (Right? That's the only way a PS3 can connect to stuff?) out to the PS3. Um

I guess look around for something like that. Elgato's doesn't seem to support HDMI.
post #5 of 5
There is a product. It's called Kanex XD. It's only compatible with iMac models from 2010 and below, but from what you said, its compatible with yours. Visit this link
http://www.kanexlive.com/xd
It's $150. I think it looks really cool, but I have a MacBook Pro, so I can't use it. \ That should do it.

Sorry. I actually discovered that this is only compatible with a 27 in. iMac. You have a 21.5. Sorry 'bout that.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Possible to connect PS3 to an iMac 21.5?