or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T sees 'challenges' ahead as it plans to sell Nokia Windows Phones in 2012

AT&T sees 'challenges' ahead as it plans to sell Nokia Windows Phones in 2012 - Page 2

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

huh? Simply stretch the iPod Nano and you have an almost exact replica of the cloner Nokia Phone. It really is not hard to see even if you have no sense of design

So you would need to modify the design of the iPod to get it to look like the Nokia phone? In other words, they are nothing alike?
post #42 of 49
I really hope they launch the Lumia 800 soon.

Beautiful hardware. Top of the line build quality. I'm still amazed Nokia pulled off something like that.

As far resemblance to the ipod nano? Really? Completely different size, different glass, no click wheel.
The only similarity is that it can be purchased in blue. Really, that's it. Did Apple patent the color blue?

Retina Macbook Pro - 2.6ghz

Galaxy Nexus - Jelly Bean!

Retina Macbook Pro - 2.6ghz

Galaxy Nexus - Jelly Bean!

post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post

I really hope they launch the Lumia 800 soon.

They just did a few days ago. It's already sold out in Holland and the UK. Preorders are the largest in Nokia history and Lumia 800 was just elected Phone of the year in the UK.

All of this looks promising for Nokia, Microsoft and all phone users. Competition has a habit of forcing all players to innovate more rapidly at a lower end-user cost. So all Win-, android- and ifanboys should rejoice at what is happening now. Let's just hope that the momentum stays in all three camps and the pace of innovation remains the same for the next years to come!

Regs, Jarkko
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahonen View Post

All of this looks promising for Nokia, Microsoft and all phone users.

Maybe. Some days I think Windows Phone will get the market share to be the viable no#3 platform, others days I just can't see how they can make it.

After reading the trouble people were having getting a WP7 in store I decided to try it out myself and based on my experience I believe you would literally come close to a verbal fight with the store staff in order to get a Windows Phone.
post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I want that blue Lumia 800. I'll get it from FInland direct if I can't get it in the States.

My manager is getting one, hopefully tomorrow. Since he's no techie he asked me to connect it with his W7/Outlook PC. Even though I'm 'entrenched' in Apple products I am looking forward to setup this phone and try it out. From what I've seen and read I don't like the text being cut-off, but so far that's the only gripe.
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

My manager is getting one, hopefully tomorrow. Since he's no techie he asked me to connect it with his W7/Outlook PC. Even though I'm 'entrenched' in Apple products I am looking forward to setup this phone and try it out. From what I've seen and read I don't like the text being cut-off, but so far that's the only gripe.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the cut off text either, but that, too, is my issue so far with WP7.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #47 of 49
Quote:

My manager is getting one, hopefully tomorrow. Since he's no techie he asked me to connect it with his W7/Outlook PC.

I don't even think you can connect it to Outlook. Everything needs to be cloud based.
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

I don't even think you can connect it to Outlook. Everything needs to be cloud based.

If that's going to be the case it'll be return immediately. Though the Lumia 800 FAQ@Nokia.com reads that it can:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...ort/800/faq#03
post #49 of 49
Quote:

If that's going to be the case it'll be return immediately. Though the Lumia 800 FAQ@Nokia.com reads that it can:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...ort/800/faq#03

You'll notice that is syncing through the cloud. i.e. from Outlook to Windows Live (that's like Microsoft's iCloud) then from Windows Live to the phone.

It's not the worst thing in the world. Actually what you end up with is a better solution than direct Outlook to phone syncing.

From memory you have to associate a Windows Live ID with the phone. Your mate could just use that Windows Live ID to sync contacts and calendars and then use his own email account (whatever that happens to be).

On that note, who is your mates email with? (e.g. gmail, yahoo, hotmail, company owned, ISP etc?)
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • AT&T sees 'challenges' ahead as it plans to sell Nokia Windows Phones in 2012
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T sees 'challenges' ahead as it plans to sell Nokia Windows Phones in 2012