or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Government Transparency

Government Transparency

post #1 of 11
Biden's meeting on government transparency closed to the press

Is the government more transparent under the Obama Administration than it was before?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #2 of 11
Biden looks like a total deutsch' in those aviator sunglasses.
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Biden looks like a total deutsch' in those aviator sunglasses.

I need a laugh today, and that did it. He ALWAYS looks like a "d"
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #4 of 11
And this is why it is important to take a video recording device with you wherever you go. Lucky this man was in an area with surveillance.

Two cops fired over horrific video which shows them beating up suspect - then CELEBRATING

How does this relate to the topic?

Quote:
In an apparent attempt to cover his tracks, Doyle later wrote in his notebook that he was afraid Blume had a gun on him and needed to be restrained.

The footage was only released after a Freedom of Information request by the Albuquerque Journal - but the first version did not include the chest bump.

Instead it finished after the kicking and did not show the end, where the cops congratulate each other.

The government is blatantly lying to the public, not completely and truthfully complying with Freedom of Information requests. How much more of this sort of thing has happened and is happening right now that the public will never know about?

post #5 of 11
Secret Fed Loans Helped Banks Net $13B

Quote:
The Federal Reserve and the big banks fought for more than two years to keep details of the largest bailout in U.S. history a secret. Now, the rest of the world can see what it was missing.

The Fed didn’t tell anyone which banks were in trouble so deep they required a combined $1.2 trillion on Dec. 5, 2008, their single neediest day. Bankers didn’t mention that they took tens of billions of dollars in emergency loans at the same time they were assuring investors their firms were healthy. And no one calculated until now that banks reaped an estimated $13 billion of income by taking advantage of the Fed’s below-market rates, Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its January issue.

Saved by the bailout, bankers lobbied against government regulations, a job made easier by the Fed, which never disclosed the details of the rescue to lawmakers even as Congress doled out more money and debated new rules aimed at preventing the next collapse.

A fresh narrative of the financial crisis of 2007 to 2009 emerges from 29,000 pages of Fed documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act and central bank records of more than 21,000 transactions. While Fed officials say that almost all of the loans were repaid and there have been no losses, details suggest taxpayers paid a price beyond dollars as the secret funding helped preserve a broken status quo and enabled the biggest banks to grow even bigger.

Click on the link for the full article.

post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Biden's meeting on government transparency closed to the press

Is the government more transparent under the Obama Administration than it was before?

Transparent government?

The Obama "Administration" slams the door on democracy, and turns the key.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #7 of 11
Quote:

Secret Fed Loans Helped Banks Net $13B

Click on the link for the full article.

I see people pushing that around as if it's new. IT'S NOT NEW! The fed has always kept their loan secret. You just weren't paying attention before. FAIL on you.
post #8 of 11
Quote:

I see people pushing that around as if it's new. IT'S NOT NEW! The fed has always kept their loan secret. You just weren't paying attention before. FAIL on you.

+1

Obama did not change a freaking thing. This is why we have OWS on his watch. It's his baby.
post #9 of 11
Quote:

I've been paying attention the whole time. Others haven't, which is why I continue to share this information.

No need to make it personal.

post #10 of 11
Quote:

It is just as opaque as it's always been.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #11 of 11
Quote:

And this is why it is important to take a video recording device with you wherever you go. Lucky this man was in an area with surveillance.

Two cops fired over horrific video which shows them beating up suspect - then CELEBRATING

How does this relate to the topic?

The government is blatantly lying to the public, not completely and truthfully complying with Freedom of Information requests. How much more of this sort of thing has happened and is happening right now that the public will never know about?

Curious, were you up in arms about the police brutality exhibited against OWS protesters? I honestly don't remember.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Government Transparency