or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Crony capitalism requires complicit government
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crony capitalism requires complicit government

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Apple, Microsoft, and the 27 Other Tech Giants Who Support the Awful Internet Censorship Bill

Quote:
Adobe
Apple
Autodesk
AVEVA
AVG
Bentley Systems
CA
Cadence Design Systems
CNC Software Mastercam
Compuware
Corel
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation
Dell
Intel
Intuit
Kaspersky
McAfee
Microsoft
Minitab
Progress Software
PTC
Quark
Quest
Rosetta Stone
Siemens PLM Software, Inc.
Sybase
Symantec
TechSmith
The MathWorks

Nevermind the pissant little companies on this list you've never heard of. What's worrisome is the giants, like Apple, Adobe, Microsoft, and Intel. Companies who hypocritically thrive off the open nature of the internetan internet where it's not a felony to post an animated GIF from a tiny fraction of your favorite film, or record you and a friend lipsyncing Nicki Minaj. The internet has exploded because of these seemingly trivial freedomsthe freedom to mess around and create interesting stuff. Experimentation without fear of federal imprisonment leads to some pretty awesome stuff. Stuff that's then used with the very software and equipment these SOPA backers sell. So it's not just that they're supporting an awful censorship lawthese BSA cronies are biting our hands that feed them.

Apple, Microsoft, et al. have clearly profited by using the State's monopoly on violence to its advantage.

It's an excellent arrangement, isn't it? Let the State do their dirty work for them at taxpayer expense. They and government officials investing in their company get richer while the State employs violence to destroy their competition via so-called "Intellectual Property Laws".

Really, why wouldn't they support legislation allowing the government to expand its violent control to their mutual benefit? Look how wealthy and powerful it's made them already.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #2 of 14
Thread Starter 
Doesn't it bother anyone here just a little that Apple wants to use the State to censor the Internet (and free speech) for its own benefit?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #3 of 14
Government complicity? Crony capitalism? Tautologies!
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
It's not obvious to everyone, sammi jo.

Some people actually think the government is on our side.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #5 of 14
But your conclusion of building a libertarian dystopia does not logically follow. The Occupy Movement would, however, 100% agree that ending the corruption of money in politics is the primary means toward ending the crony capitalism corporatocracy.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #7 of 14
So, clearly we need to make sure the regulators are actually impartial and hold the people's interests paramount.

The only solution is not a libertarian dystopia no matter how much you want to believe it is.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Notice how many on that chart are Democrats or were appointed by Democrats?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #9 of 14
Your point is what? You think I'm a die-hard party-line Democrat? Should I call you are die-hard party-line Republican because you want to vote for Ron Paul who has an "R" next to his name?

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

So, clearly we need to make sure the regulators are actually impartial and hold the people's interests paramount.

The only solution is not a libertarian dystopia no matter how much you want to believe it is.

What the hell are you babbling about?

Quote:
Your point is what? You think I'm a die-hard party-line Democrat? Should I call you are die-hard party-line Republican because you want to vote for Ron Paul who has an "R" next to his name?

Dude, you haven't addressed one iota of the substance of the post. Can you see past your own labels?

It's pretty clear that big government means the biggest pot of money for crony capitalists to feed off of and as part feeding they lock out competitors from the pie via "regulation" that has nothing to do with actually maintaining safety or the environment.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Notice how many on that chart are Democrats or were appointed by Democrats?

Because the list deberately omits Republicans... duh.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

It's not obvious to everyone, sammi jo.

Some people actually think the government is on our side.

Who is really on our side than?
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Because the list deberately omits Republicans... duh.

It doesn't omit them at all. It shows half a dozen people from the last two Republican presidents who went from government back to certain industries. Stop making crap up.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It doesn't omit them at all. It shows half a dozen people from the last two Republican presidents who went from government back to certain industries. Stop making crap up.

As my daughter used to say..."BUT that's what they dooooooo!"
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Crony capitalism requires complicit government