or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Backspace and arrow keys not working

Backspace and arrow keys not working

post #1 of 9
Backspace and arrow keys on my keyboard stopped functioning.

Any suggestions as to how to get them working again.

Fuggedaboudit.

I unplugged the keyboard and replugged it. Now the backspace and arrow keys are working. Thanx anyway.
ADS
ADS
post #2 of 9
Glad we could help!

+1 post whoring
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #3 of 9
The keyboard is messing up more and more. Replugging it works for an hour or so, but it does something weird again. I think it's telling me that it's about to give up. Bummer. It's only a few months old.
ADS
ADS
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

The keyboard is messing up more and more. Replugging it works for an hour or so, but it does something weird again. I think it's telling me that it's about to give up. Bummer. It's only a few months old.

What kind of keyboard is it? Have you brought it in to the shop?
post #5 of 9
It's wired, of course, and is short stroke like the keyboards issued with iMac; however, I bought it at Best Buy. I received a similar wireless with the iMac I bought last year, but that one was chewing up batteries about once a week,

Whoooooaaaaa~!!! I'm glad you asked that question. I held the KB up to the light to look for a type name. I didn't find a type, but in the increased light, I found some cat hairs between the keys and the board. The Dust (air) Remover evidently wasn't blowing them away. I had to pull them out with
tweezers.

Possibly that's the problem. I'll report back later if removing them does the deed.

This never happened when I used a long stroke keyboard.
ADS
ADS
post #6 of 9
Removing cat hair didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions other than taking it back?
ADS
ADS
post #7 of 9
Jesus, I meant is it an Apple Keyboard or what, not is it a USB keyboard...

If you bought it at Best Buy just a few months ago, it's under warranty. Have them fix it.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Jesus, I meant is it an Apple Keyboard or what, not is it a USB keyboard...

If you bought it at Best Buy just a few months ago, it's under warranty. Have them fix it.

It is an Apple Keyboard; white on silver, chiclet type keys.
ADS
ADS
post #9 of 9
Put it in the dishwasher maybe...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Backspace and arrow keys not working