or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Combined Mac, iPad sales to make Apple top global PC vendor in 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Combined Mac, iPad sales to make Apple top global PC vendor in 2012

post #1 of 262
Thread Starter 
Apple is poised to become the largest seller of PCs in the world before the second half of 2012, if the iPad is categorized as a PC.

Research firm Canalys announced on Monday that Apple is expected to overtake HP and become the top PC maker in the world next year, based on total projected sales of both the iPad and the company's Mac lineup. Apple already holds second place in the worldwide PC market, with tablet sales included, as of the third quarter of calendar 2011.

"Apple has seen its PC market share expand from 9 percent to 15 percent in just four quarters, though iPad shipments in its core market -- the United States -- are likely to come under pressure in Q4 due to the launch of the Fire and Nook at extremely competitive price points," said Canalys Analyst Tim Coulling. "HP and Apple will fight for top position in Q4, but Apple may have to wait for the release of iPad 3 before it passes HP."

Canalys has estimated that 2011 global PC shipments will reach 415 million, a 15 percent year over year increase thanks largely to the popularity of tablets like Apple's iPad. Total tablet shipments are expected to reach 59 million by the end of 2011, with 22 million of those sales alone coming in the fourth quarter.

Industry insiders suggested as far back as July that sales of the iPad would help Apple top HP to become the largest mobile PC vendor in 2012. Those projections called for Apple to ship 60 million iPads and 15 million MacBooks in 2012.

The firm said Monday that Apple's iPad will once again dominate tablet sales in the fourth quarter, though the newly released Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet are also expected to boost sales. That's consistent with a survey released earlier Monday, which indicated that the release of the Kindle Fire has helped tablet demand grow 130 percent from 2010.

Canalys noted that PC makers are struggling to compete with Apple's profitability, though the release of Android 4.0, known as "Ice Cream Sandwich," may help sales of tablets that compete with the iPad.



But the firm also said that the timing of the release of Android 4.0 could hurt vendors looking to capitalize on growing demand for tablets in the holiday buying season. The problem is most Android tablets on sale at the moment run version 3.1 of the operating system, and many tablet makers are not forthcoming on when, if ever, the devices will be updated to run Ice Cream Sandwich.

Canalys also believes that Ultrabooks, Intel's thin-and-light notebook specification that aims to compete with Apple's iPad, will drive notebook sales over the next five years. The firm believes that the differentiated appearance of Ultrabooks should prompt some consumers to upgrade.

"For Ultrabooks to become widespread, prices have to drop considerably," said Canalys Research Analyst Michael Kauh. "The least expensive models are currently around $800, a real barrier to mass consumer uptake. As more vendors embrace the Ultrabook design, component costs should drop and mainstream consumer prices will be achieved."
post #2 of 262
Classifying any (current)tablet as a computer with it's stripped down OS and reduced functionality is a travesty to the term Personal Computer.

2011 13" Core i5 Macbook Pro | Intel 520 SSD | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333 | OSX 10.7
iPhone 4S - AT&T

iPad 3 Wi-Fi

Reply

2011 13" Core i5 Macbook Pro | Intel 520 SSD | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333 | OSX 10.7
iPhone 4S - AT&T

iPad 3 Wi-Fi

Reply
post #3 of 262
What do most people do with a computer? Chat, email, browse the web. Sounds like stuff you can do on a tablet. Of course, an iPad can also house synthesizers, music recording software, virtual guitar amps and effects, just like a PC can. You can edit video on them, you can run Citrix to connect to a work computer...really except for high end gaming, you can do most things on a tablet. Considering how small the market for high end gaming is, I think that's fine for tablets.
post #4 of 262
Only uberbuttert geeks can deny that tablets are computers
post #5 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHrubik View Post

Classifying any (current)tablet as a computer with it's stripped down OS and reduced functionality is a travesty to the term Personal Computer.

Agreed.

Tablets are special purpose and media consumption devices, not personal computers. I still don't buy into this notion that desktops/laptops will be replaced by tablets and PC sales will plummet. I have yet to meet a single person who no longer has a full computer.
post #6 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHrubik View Post

Classifying any (current)tablet as a computer with it's stripped down OS and reduced functionality is a travesty to the term Personal Computer.

You don't know what you are talking about, sorry. Your opinion is the only travesty but you are entitled to it.
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #7 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

Agreed.

Tablets are special purpose and media consumption devices, not personal computers. I still don't buy into this notion that desktops/laptops will be replaced by tablets and PC sales will plummet. I have yet to meet a single person who no longer has a full computer.

I agree with both of you. If you take their arguement about the iPad then you could also make the same arguement for including iPhones with all of their computing powner and functionality......... So let keep the category simple a PC is a PC and not a tablet or smartphone....

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #8 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

Agreed.

Tablets are special purpose and media consumption devices, not personal computers. I still don't buy into this notion that desktops/laptops will be replaced by tablets and PC sales will plummet. I have yet to meet a single person who no longer has a full computer.

That's an idiotic set of statements. Sure, I cannot run Mathematica on my iPad (although, in fact, in a form I can) but that does not disqualify the device as a computer. I won't be replacing my MBP or iMac with an iPad just yet but the iPad is a powerful and useful personal computer!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #9 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

I agree with both of you. If you take their arguement about the iPad then you could also make the same arguement for including iPhones with all of their computing powner and functionality......... So let keep the category simple a PC is a PC and not a tablet or smartphone....

So now we define what is or is not a personal computer by your arbitrary definition. Get a life!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #10 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

Agreed.

Tablets are special purpose and media consumption devices, not personal computers. I still don't buy into this notion that desktops/laptops will be replaced by tablets and PC sales will plummet. I have yet to meet a single person who no longer has a full computer.

When Apple unveiled the iPad, it was never meant to replace a computer. That's all the analysts and stupid fanboys talking. Steve, during his keynote, said the the iPad was the middle device between a phone and a full-fledged computer. Whether people need that middle device or not is a personal choice, and whether someone can do without a computer and get by solely with an iPad is, again, a personal choice. What is the right setup for you isn't the right setup for you co-worker, brother, grandparent, etc.
post #11 of 262
iPads are all the PC a lot of people need.

The truth is that the form and function of the PC has changed to service the user in this case. Rather than people being saddled with a lot of computer they don't want or need just to have the benefit of basic functions like email, web browsing, and video chatting.

Just because it doesn't suit EVERYONE'S needs as a PC doesn't change what it is.

I have a wife, a kid, and a dog. So a Smart Car doesn't work for me, but it doesn't make it any less a car.
post #12 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

What do most people do with a computer? Chat, email, browse the web. Sounds like stuff you can do on a tablet. Of course, an iPad can also house synthesizers, music recording software, virtual guitar amps and effects, just like a PC can. You can edit video on them, you can run Citrix to connect to a work computer...really except for high end gaming, you can do most things on a tablet. Considering how small the market for high end gaming is, I think that's fine for tablets.

You've hit the nail on the head. The vast, vast majority of non-enterprise personal computer users have no real need for a full featured desktop or laptop. As you mention, the majority use PCs for the same things they can do on the iPad. It's the same false "real work" argument made by the Windows crowd about Mac users and it shows the RDF the wannabe geeks live in.
post #13 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stupid Geek View Post

Only uberbuttert geeks can deny that tablets are computers

its not a computer..... deal with it.

PC means personal computer.  

i have processing issues, mostly trying to get my ideas into speech and text.

if i say something confusing please tell me!

Reply

PC means personal computer.  

i have processing issues, mostly trying to get my ideas into speech and text.

if i say something confusing please tell me!

Reply
post #14 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHrubik View Post

Classifying any (current)tablet as a computer with it's stripped down OS and reduced functionality is a travesty to the term Personal Computer.

You can't get more Personal than a tablet computer.
post #15 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

You've hit the nail on the head. The vast, vast majority of non-enterprise personal computer users have no real need for a full featured desktop or laptop. As you mention, the majority use PCs for the same things they can do on the iPad. It's the same false "real work" argument made by the Windows crowd about Mac users and it shows the RDF the wannabe geeks live in.

So many personal computers are used for transacting email and playing games on and that's it. What makes those systems special in ways that the iPad isn't? In fact, a lot of PC users would benefit greatly by dropping the useless box of Windows junk and going to an iPad instead.
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #16 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

Agreed.

Tablets are special purpose and media consumption devices, not personal computers. I still don't buy into this notion that desktops/laptops will be replaced by tablets and PC sales will plummet. I have yet to meet a single person who no longer has a full computer.

The present does not predict the future. PC's are getting smaller and more powerful. It's not a matter of if a tablet replaces a desktop / laptop but when. As other commenters have noted, the vast majority of people use their PC's for email, chat, messaging, office suites, browsing, light gaming, all things a tablet does very well already. Obviously this complete shift will not happen overnight. This is something that will over the next decade but that shift is starting now in a big way.

Only people such as developers, and those that use their PC's for media-heavy tasks such as final cut pro x, etc. will need the power of a full desktop or notebook. Hence the idea SJ was talking about at the All Things D conference where he said post-pc devices are like cars and traditional PC's are like trucks.
post #17 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

That's an idiotic set of statements. Sure, I cannot run Mathematica on my iPad (although, in fact, in a form I can) but that does not disqualify the device as a computer. I won't be replacing my MBP or iMac with an iPad just yet but the iPad is a powerful and useful personal computer!

Ok, no reason to fling out insults at the start of all of your posts.

No one is saying an iPad is not a computer. Everything is a computer, dumb cell phone, iPhone, iPad, TI-89, etc. When we refer to "PCs" that's a term for a general purpose computer that can have any OS loaded, unrestricted applications and supports all common devices (keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, monitor, video capture, webcams, pen drives, etc.).

Here's the main difference: PCs are designed do anything and everything. With the right software and general USB ports, there's no limit. Special purpose devices such as Tablets are specifically designed to do a limited set of things. That set is quickly expanding, you can now print to SOME printers with an iPad, you can connect an HDMI TV, there's a cable to connect a camera and download pictures and there's now a built in camera. But overall, you're still locked in to what it was specifically made to do and if you need more, too bad.

It may be your opinion that the iPad does enough for most people, but not everyone agrees.
post #18 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolbolas View Post

its not a computer..... deal with it.

You couldn't even be bothered using the term 'personal' in your statement, which would have been stupid even if you did.
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #19 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolbolas View Post

its not a computer..... deal with it.

It's all relative. Had you showed the iPad to someone in 1988 would they have declared that it wasn't a personal computer?

So... in some narrow perception of what is and what isn't a personal computer.... some people still believe that the iPad is not a pc.

Okay... whatever.
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #20 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

So now we define what is or is not a personal computer by your arbitrary definition. Get a life!

We can call anything we want a computer.

For example, my toaster uses sensors and a logic chip. If we include toasters in the definition, then Sunbeam is a major computer company.

But we are not trying to make Sunbeam a computer maker, we are trying to make Apple the Biggest computer maker. Therefore, it is useful to call the iPad a computer.

Therefore, the iPad is a computer, and Apple is Biggest.

Words are used for a purpose. If you know your purpose, then your definitions flow naturally.
post #21 of 262
Lets look at some definitions....

per·son·al com·pu·ter: A microcomputer designed for use by one person at a time

mi·cro·com·pu·ter: A small computer that contains a microprocessor as its central processor

com·put·er: An electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program

mi·cro·proc·es·sor: An integrated circuit that contains all the functions of a central processing unit of a computer

A tablet (including the iPad) is or has all these things... so what about it makes it not a computer? The form factor? I didn't see form factor as part of the definition of a computer....

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply
post #22 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

We can call anything we want a computer.

For example, my toaster uses sensors and a logic chip. If we include toasters in the definition, then Sunbeam is a major computer company.

But we are not trying to make Sunbeam a computer maker, we are trying to make Apple the Biggest computer maker. Therefore, it is useful to call the iPad a computer.

Therefore, the iPad is a computer, and Apple is Biggest.

Words are used for a purpose. If you know your purpose, then your definitions flow naturally.

Yes, something tells me that you actually do use your toaster as a "personal" computer.
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #23 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_canuk View Post

You can't get more Personal than a tablet computer.

And the degree of "Personal" is what defines an electronic device as a Personal Computer. For example, Smartphones are VERY personal - they are rarely shared. Nobody can deny that a Smartphone incorporates computer functions.

Therefore, the most personal computer is a Smartphone!


A desktop is LESS of a computer. A tablet is LESS of a computer. Why? Because a smartphone is the MOST Personal a computer could possible be! So a Smartphone is the REAL "Personal Comptuer" and desktops and tablets are not.
post #24 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

What do most people do with a computer? Chat, email, browse the web. Sounds like stuff you can do on a tablet. Of course, an iPad can also house synthesizers, music recording software, virtual guitar amps and effects, just like a PC can. You can edit video on them, you can run Citrix to connect to a work computer...really except for high end gaming, you can do most things on a tablet. Considering how small the market for high end gaming is, I think that's fine for tablets.

Well said, squirrel, I would even go so far as to say, my iPhone is a computer!
post #25 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

Ok, no reason to fling out insults at the start of all of your posts...

The 'insult' is that the trolls start off by accusing fanboys/fanbois of claiming that everyone just needs an iPad and then go about critizing them for it. The trolls set the agenda here. Now, you have used another set of arbitrary and occasionally incorrect assertions in an attempt to push your argument. It's okay though, just label anyone who disagrees a fanboy and move on.
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #26 of 262
In their announcements and marketing, Apple make it very clear that the iPad is not a PC. It's a device for the post-PC world.

The iPad is not a PC. That's Apple's line.
post #27 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

So now we define what is or is not a personal computer by your arbitrary definition. Get a life!

did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? All the personal insults and attacks.......too much coffee maybe...get easily excited maybe....
But if we are calling a tablet a computer then explain what can you do on your tablet that can't be done on a smartphone?

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #28 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Well said, squirrel, I would even go so far as to say, my iPhone is a computer!

Of course it is a computer.

But it is NOT a PC, as the term is generally used.

And neither is a tablet computer. These categories exist to differentiate and to aid in understanding. If they all overlap to the point of non-differentiation, then they lose utility.

If one were to put two pictures up, one of an iMac and one of an iPad, and we asked test subjects to pick the PC, what sort of results might we expect? And why? Because the terms mean different things, no matter how many similarities between the two things one can identify.

The fact is, both PCs and Tablets are subsets of the concept "computer". But they are different categories nevertheless.
post #29 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? All the personal insults and attacks.......too much coffee maybe...get easily excited maybe....
But if we are calling a tablet a computer then explain what can you do on your tablet that can't be done on a smartphone?

Okay, at least your comments were insulting - well done. I do a heap on my tablet personal computer that I wouldn't dream of doing on my iPhone (yes, I own one of those too). I write, use spreadsheets, use Keynote to produce and present materials, give presentations and browse the Internet with something that makes it a pleasure (and practical) to do so. I share information with colleagues either by driving a projector or just passing my iPad around, which works very well thank you. \
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #30 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Of course it is a computer.

But it is NOT a PC, as the term is generally used.

And neither is a tablet computer. These categories exist to differentiate and to aid in understanding. If they all overlap to the point of non-differentiation, then they lose utility.

If one were to put two pictures up, one of an iMac and one of an iPad, and we asked test subjects to pick the PC, what sort of results might we expect? And why? Because the terms mean different things, no matter how many similarities between the two things one can identify.

The fact is, both PCs and Tablets are subsets of the concept "computer". But they are different categories nevertheless.


My brain is a computer, is it "personal," too?

Best
post #31 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

In their announcements and marketing, Apple make it very clear that the iPad is not a PC. It's a device for the post-PC world.

The iPad is not a PC. That's Apple's line.

I think part of the problem is confusion/disagreement over what "computer" and "PC" means. It can be argued that an iPad is a computer and that it's a personal computer.

We need a new term to define what used to be known as a PC (x86/PowerPC laptop, desktop, netbook, etc) instead of arguing over terminology.
post #32 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Yes, something tells me that you actually do use your toaster as a "personal" computer.

Yes in the strictest sense, a toaster has a computer. It processes things doesnt it? However, I argue for its exclusion because it is not a general purpose computer... it is a one trick pony... its computer makes sure you have good toast. Whereas tablets have a generalized CPU, capable of performing any task given that a program is written for it.

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply
post #33 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHrubik View Post

Classifying any (current)tablet as a computer with it's stripped down OS and reduced functionality is a travesty to the term Personal Computer.

If you can classify a POS Dell netbook as a pc, then an iPad def qualifies!
post #34 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Of course it is a computer.

But it is NOT a PC, as the term is generally used.

And neither is a tablet computer. These categories exist to differentiate and to aid in understanding. If they all overlap to the point of non-differentiation, then they lose utility.

If one were to put two pictures up, one of an iMac and one of an iPad, and we asked test subjects to pick the PC, what sort of results might we expect? And why? Because the terms mean different things, no matter how many similarities between the two things one can identify.

The fact is, both PCs and Tablets are subsets of the concept "computer". But they are different categories nevertheless.

The term PC will disappear into yesteryear. It was coined in an age long gone and is a term that, as the iPad has shown, is becoming less and less relevant every day. Hopefully, it will take at least some trolls with it.
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #35 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

Okay, at least your comments were insulting - well done. I do a heap on my tablet personal computer that I wouldn't dream of doing on my iPhone (yes, I own one of those too). I write, use spreadsheets, use Keynote to produce and present materials, give presentations and browse the Internet with something that makes it a pleasure (and practical) to do so. I share information with colleagues either by driving a projector or just passing my iPad around, which works very well thank you. \

And all of those things you can do from a smartphone...so should that be considerd a PC by your use definitions? So if you categorize a tablet a PC by what it can do and a smartphone can do the same things then by your definition a smartphone should be a PC as well.....

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #36 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

My brain is a computer, is it "personal," too?

Best

The brain may be a computer, but it is not an electronic digital device. So generally, when people use the word computer, they are talking about dissimilar things from the human brain.
post #37 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExceptionHandler View Post

Yes in the strictest sense, a toaster has a computer. It processes things doesnt it? However, I argue for its exclusion because it is not a general purpose computer... it is a one trick pony... its computer makes sure you have good toast. Whereas tablets have a generalized CPU, capable of performing any task given that a program is written for it.

Hmmmm... there seems to be a rift in the cosmos. I seemed to recall that this article was about "personal" computers.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Carry on.
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #38 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post

I think part of the problem is confusion/disagreement over what "computer" and "PC" means. It can be argued that an iPad is a computer and that it's a personal computer.

We need a new term to define what used to be known as a PC (x86/PowerPC laptop, desktop, netbook, etc) instead of arguing over terminology.

Comprehension of the article might be part of the problem.

I don't think there is any argument over what computer means and what personal computer means. The argument seems to be about what is included as a personal computer.
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #39 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

In their announcements and marketing, Apple make it very clear that the iPad is not a PC. It's a device for the post-PC world.

The iPad is not a PC. That's Apple's line.

At the beginning Apple was positioning it between a smartphone and a desktop/laptop, and it REQUIRED you to sync with an existing PC for it to even function.

With "PC Free" in iOS5, I think this distinction becomes even more murky.

And you can't deny that some of this is marketing speak. The term "PC" has a lot of baggage attached to it. It means something complicated and imposing to a large group of people. By positioning it as a "PostPC" product, Apple is hoping to leave a lot of that behind. And in my mind they've succeeded. BOTH my grandparents now have iPads as their ONLY computer, and they're doing everything they would have done on a traditional box with it.

Every PC form factor comes with limitations. An iMac, or ANY laptop aren't as expandable as a tower, but they're still considered PCs (of course).

A PC isn't defined as a device that allows you do to everything, it's a device that allows you to do everything you want to do. For some people, an iPad meets that definition.


Ultimately, the reason why I think iPads should be included into PC marketshare is because someone- albeit a limited sliver of the market, IS buying the iPad as a PC replacement. That being the case- how can it NOT be included in the same category?
post #40 of 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

The brain may be a computer, but it is not an electronic digital device. So generally, when people use the word computer, they are talking about dissimilar things from the human brain.

So when u say "dissimilar," u mean, as similar "...as two dissimilar 'things' in a pod?"

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Combined Mac, iPad sales to make Apple top global PC vendor in 2012
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Combined Mac, iPad sales to make Apple top global PC vendor in 2012