or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung Galaxy S II ad mocks iPhone line-waiters

Samsung Galaxy S II ad mocks iPhone line-waiters - Page 5

post #161 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav View Post

I can just imagine if Apple made an ad stereotyping Android users. Whoo boy, what a pimply-faced nerd-fest that would be. No worries though, Apple has too much class for that. And they're smart enough to realize advertising the user experience from owning the product is more effective that insulting your potential customers.

Android buyers now outnumber iPhone buyers by much more than two-to-one. There are now as many Android phone users as there are iPhone users.

They are hardly pimply faced nerds. They are a cross section of the world. There are currently twice as many different people who choose Android as there are people who choose any of the various Apple phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

I

Also, you are not making any sense. You tell me to go where the high end headphones are, but to plug them into my phone (at an Apple store?). I'm not seeing your point....

There are no high end headphones for sale at any Apple store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotScott View Post

Question is... who's the target audience for the ad?

Normal people who are considering an iPhone purchase, but who are reluctant to be part of a mindless cult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Go pull the sales numbers for the iPad before you start calling "magical and revolutionary" a mythical concept. I'm afraid the data supports that the iPad "is" a bit of a revolution.

Yes. High sales prove that a product is revolutionary. For example, Campbell Soup has high sales.

As for magical, high sales also prove that a product is magical. Take Lady Gaga music for example. She sells so many that only magic can explain it.

So it is proven that the iPad is both "magical and revolutionary" because Apple made lots of profit from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

If a friend of mine bought an android Phone I would not be critical of him for having one.

Your friends must be impoverished people who hate Apple. They have pimples. They are nerds.

Those are the only people who buy Android phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

Well, not being able to get through a whole day without my battery dying on my iPhone 4S, I suspect Samsung can get a fair amount of mileage out of this bug in the 4S.

You could sell it on Craigslist and get plenty enough cash to buy a Samsung.

Why the hell were my posts all screwed up?!

I hate that style of cramming disparate topics into a single post. It screws up the timing and the message.

When I see someone who has crammed together a bunch of different stuff in one big gigundo post, I usually skip it.

This forum software sucks big time. But to have one of its worst "features" imposed involuntarily is just silly.

Why not just get software that threads the posts properly? This software sucks worse than any other web forum that I have seen.

The UI is HORRIBLE. Toolbars all over the place, cryptic labels, no threading options, no way to sort posts, no way to hide threads with no new comments - just serial bullshit.

And to think that cramming together disparate responses into one big long rambling post improves anything is just plain wrong.
post #162 of 272
Wasn't it Samsung who hired a flock of people to stand outside a store pretending to wait for one their phones?
bb
bb
post #163 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthropic View Post

Wow Samsung nailed it. That's one of the best tech ads I've seen in ages.

Apple really let us all down with the 4S, they deserve to be taken to task for its failings so they put more effort in next year which can only be a good thing!!

The critique of fans is harsh, Apple make fans that way through manipulative marketing, it isn't their fault, but after a disaster like the 4S, anyone who upgrades from a 4 to a 4S does need at least a little therapy.

We can all pray to Apple the the 5 is awesome next year.

Not sure about everyone else, but up here in Maine, 4G doesn't work anyways, and I'm told by friends and business aquatints across the country, that 4G doesn't work in their areas ether.

So as nice as 4G is, it's not good if it doesn't work in your area.

Skip
post #164 of 272
This ad just smacks of desperation and jealousy. And if the Samsung kid is supposed to represent the epitome of cool and success that we all aspire to the ad agency need to get their heads fixed.

Unfortunately for Samsung they don't have much to shout about other than their 4" screen and the pseudo 4G capability so I guess mocking their competitor's customers is the level of their aspiration.

BTW has anyone actually met a fandroid? I'm not sure they exist. I think they're just called 'Apple-haters' or perhaps they're a fabrication of the Samsung marketing department.
post #165 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by 845032 View Post

Apple like this kind of commercial.

"Get a Mac"(Mac vs PC) ad mock PC users.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSHJfPWxs8

"Although the ad takes a new approach, Samsung is hardly the first brand to challenge Apples cult-like following. SanDisk bashed iPuppets and iSheep in 2006 when it took on the iPods dominance in the portable MP3 player category. More recently, Motorola attempted to one-up one of Apples proudest moment its legendary 1984″ Macintosh ad with a Super Bowl ad for the Xoom tablet"
http://mashable.com/2011/11/22/samsu...s-apple-mania/

Really? let's take a look at a few iPhone 4S commercials then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86LxS...ZTUl7huB4zuZgX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSAje...Z2rZ2se9AkEUpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ba0t...-k7imrLcViDmaf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uS6d...YD4xjnEdbp-r-8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_JRZ...uk9E-BCWwzvNlV

Apple's Mac vs PC ads weren't targeted at attacking windows users with implications that they are stupid. They compared, in plain english, the differences between the two platforms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSHJfPWxs8

1984, again, was targeted at IBM and not at IBM users. The closest that I've seen to attacking PC users was 'lemmings'.
post #166 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Ahh... But it had the Hoodie Girl:

What, Samsung Worry?
post #167 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by montefuego View Post

Hi,
I own the 4S, love it, think the concern over it looking the same is bizarre. It feels perfect, works perfect, classic design.
But the samsung commercial is funny. It's great. Good for them. But I love my iphone, wouldn't trade for the Samsung, never!

As a Samsung Galaxy S owner who drank the cool-aid, switch from an iPhone to a Samsung and is now impatiently waiting for his contract to end so I can go back to an iPhone, I fully support your statement.
post #168 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Android buyers now outnumber iPhone buyers by much more than two-to-one. There are now as many Android phone users as there are iPhone users.

They are hardly pimply faced nerds. They are a cross section of the world. There are currently twice as many different people who choose Android as there are people who choose any of the various Apple phones.

Normal people who are considering an iPhone purchase, but who are reluctant to be part of a mindless cult.

Yes. High sales prove that a product is revolutionary. For example, Campbell Soup has high sales.

As for magical, high sales also prove that a product is magical. Take Lady Gaga music for example. She sells so many that only magic can explain it.

So it is proven that the iPad is both "magical and revolutionary" because Apple made lots of profit from it.

Your friends must be impoverished people who hate Apple. They have pimples. They are nerds.

Those are the only people who buy Android phones.

Why the hell were my posts all screwed up?!

I hate that style of cramming disparate topics into a single post. It screws up the timing and the message.

When I see someone who has crammed together a bunch of different stuff in one big gigundo post, I usually skip it.

This forum software sucks big time. But to have one of its worst "features" imposed involuntarily is just silly.

Why not just get software that threads the posts properly? This software sucks worse than any other web forum that I have seen.

The UI is HORRIBLE. Toolbars all over the place, cryptic labels, no threading options, no way to sort posts, no way to hide threads with no new comments - just serial bullshit.

And to think that cramming together disparate responses into one big long rambling post improves anything is just plain wrong.

See how crappy this forum software is?

All the context for every post is lost. All the posts are just bare statements without context, with big ugly spaces between them.

Leave my posts the way I post them. I have things to say in my own manner. I do not need nor want my posts to be screwed up by implementing some horrid "feature" of this horrid forum software.
post #169 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

o what was the "I'm a PC" ad campaign all about if not belittling the competition and stereotyping?

Apple's ads never targeted PC users. They talked mostly about iLife, Time Machine, viruses, customer service, making videos and stuff like that.

Also, mentioning your competitor is permissible *if* you are the underdog. Apple was the underdog vs microsoft. The king of the hill does not address the underdog challengers, it makes him look weak. The underdog can say whatever he wants because he has nothing to lose.

By making their commercial, Samsung gave a tacit admission that Apple is their superior in the market.
post #170 of 272
Quote:

Considering the iPhone is just 3 phones now and Android has a billion different phones, that's no surprise. However, at the end of the qtr, I bet the top 3 phones will be iphone 4s,4, and 3g. In addtion, prior to the iphone 4s, there was no "free" iphone. Meanwhile, there are may "free" android devices.

Quote:

Many people don't choose Android. The Sales rep chooses Android for them. These consumers see "free" and gravitate towards them and the Sales rep pushes the sales. The people who choose Android ususally don't go for the "free" ones.

Quote:

Wow, a mindless cult. Have you ever considered that Fandroids are in a cult in itself? It's called the "Open Source" cult.

Quote:

Let's see what smartphones looked like before the Iphone. They (including Android) looked like blackberry. No big foray into touch screens with multitouch. They either used a stylus or a navigation ball.

Quote:

the Ipad is magical and revolutionary because it created something complex that's simple to use and that is so different than previous tablet efforts.

Quote:

You could also try to resell Android devices, but we all know most of them have no resale value.
post #171 of 272
Quote:

Uh huh, and how widely dispersed and available are android phones? I wouldn't brag if I were you.

Quote:

There are currently twice as many different people who choose Android as there are people who choose any of the various Apple phones.

Yeah, there are currently 40-times the amount of android phones flooding the channel while apple offers a various 3 phones right now...

Quote:

I've seen sennheiser, klipsch, Shure, Beats and so on in their store. I wouldn't go the route of truly high-end because I don't see the value of buying headphones that retail for the same price as a 15" Macbook Pro. No, I'd rather buy a $4-500 pair of sennheisers or something.

Quote:

By forming their own cult that serves haterade, twice daily.

Quote:

Campbell soup is widely available and cheap. It is the android phone of the food market.

Some people are fans of Lady Gaga's music. So to them, her music is good.

Quote:

Well, the iPad came out and dominated the the market overnight and is still the king of the mountain.
post #172 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The commercial also gave voice to a complaint that emerged after the iPhone 4S was unveiled.
"If it looks the same, how will people know I upgraded?" a line-waiter asked.

I don't follow Samsung's logic here... are they saying that people SHOULD care about the form factor not changing? Or are they mocking people for caring about the form factor not changing?

Based on the sales numbers I'd say Apple users are more concerned about having the best form factor, not necessarily one that is new.
post #173 of 272
Quote:

See how crappy this forum software is?

All the context for every post is lost. All the posts are just bare statements without context, with big ugly spaces between them.

It doesn't quote quotes. It's to prevent the horrid result of excessively nested replies. I don't want to have to spend 5 minutes on every reply cleaning up dozens of nested replies just to reply to one user.

Quote:
Leave my posts the way I post them. I have things to say in my own manner. I do not need nor want my posts to be screwed up by implementing some horrid "feature" of this horrid forum software.

This is just juvenile. If you feel several nested quotes will help better make a specific point then use the button like everyone else.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #174 of 272
Quote:

Why not just get software that threads the posts properly?

What's your definition thereof?

Quote:

All the context for every post is lost.

How? All context remains as links to the quoted posts. Thinking that context is somehow added by having a bunch of posts in a row is silly.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #175 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsharrington View Post

I don't follow Samsung's logic here... are they saying that people SHOULD care about the form factor not changing? Or are they mocking people for caring about the form factor not changing?

Based on the sales numbers I'd say Apple users are more concerned about having the best form factor, not necessarily one that is new.

They are targeting several aspects.

1) The display size being bigger :This doesn't tell you how good the display is or the user experience. The former customers (as a whole) will likely never understand, the latter they will understand after the fact. Not bad a angle for the ad. It looks good and is a direct attack against the iPhone, not its customers.

2) iPhone users are trendy and superficial. The iPhone not getting a design change is really an extension of this point. Apple's 1984 ad was great in it's attack against the status quo, but it wasn't a direct attack on the user. I think Samsung. As noted Apple has only attacked the customer directly once in an ad for Lemmings and that was a disaster. I think Samsung's ad is much better, but ultimately these ads aren't campaigns.

post #176 of 272
Good advert, funny too.

Samsung just needs to do something about that godawful Samsung Kies software.
post #177 of 272
Quote:

No, it is a failure, it's a real disappointment.

For Apple to let Samsung leapfrog them to now have the best product in a market that Apple CREATED is a real shame, I've used an S2 lately and I much prefer the larger screen, still can't believe Apple didn't deliver a better product.

I appreciate your perspective, but my view having both a Samsung Galaxy S2 & iPhone 4S (as I've mentioned before) is that I prefer by a large margin the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, there are some features that I prefer on the S2 but the screen is certainly not one of them!

Regards the 4S being a failure, I'm sure even Samsung would love to have such a failure on their hands and as to your comment that the S2 being a better product, I would again beg to differ.

That's the beauty of opinions, we are all entitled to have our own and we don't have to agree with anyone else!
post #178 of 272
Quote:

So what was the "I'm a PC" ad campaign all about if not belittling the competition and stereotyping?

The difference being Apple made fun the PC not the PC user. Apple was attempting to get PC users to switch to the Mac, not make fun people who use PC's for the enjoyment of people who use Mac.

Quote:
Personally I think Sammy did a pretty good job with the ad. Funny, nailed talking points, didn't go overboard. Did I say funny?

Does it really convince the average person of why they should buy the Galaxy S II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-range View Post

Fair point, I thought the "I'm a PC" commercials were stupid as well, just like the ones Microsoft made as a rebuttal. They are all a form of negative advertising. If your product is actually worth it's money, you should be able to advertise it on its strong points, not by making the competition look bad.

Its fair to compare your product to your competitor's product. As long as you do so in way deemed acceptable and in good taste.

Again Apple did not pick fun at PC users, those were the people the ad was targeting.

Based on sales of the Mac. "The "Get a Mac" ads were highly successful.
post #179 of 272
Quote:

Ask most of them if they are aware that their phone is running Android.

Ask them why they bought the phone that they bought.

Quote:

What exactly is normal people? Or non-normal people for that matter?

Quote:

This is your brain on Android.
post #180 of 272
Get more creative Sammy if all you have are wide screen and 4G network.
post #181 of 272
There are a lot of phones with large displays this is nothing unique to the Galaxy S II. This gives no reason why one should choose the Galaxy over any other phone with a large display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) The display size being bigger :This doesn't tell you how good the display is or the user experience. The former customers (as a whole) will likely never understand, the latter they will understand after the fact. Not bad a angle for the ad. It looks good and is a direct attack against the iPhone, not its customers.
post #182 of 272
It's good to finally see a smart and quite funny ad from Samsung, even if it does take some cheep shots. Clearly they've stepped things up by hiring a top tier ad agency. The gloves are definitely off, and it'll be fun to see just how far Samsung will go with this agressive new campaign. If it is a campaign.

It's also interesting to see how Apple, now being the world's most valuable tech company and most profitable handset maker, is being attacked where not so long ago nobody bothered because they were an underdog.

Samsung is right to get aggressive. Mobile tech is a cut throat industry and Apple went from a non-entity to the dominant player in just 4 years. And they did this with the one-two pinch of the iPhone and iPad. Both were game changers.

As Samsung and Google haven't demonstrated Apple's ability to innovate on a game-changing level, they need these type of aggressive ads to push any mild differentiation their products offer. In this case the Galaxy S II's larger screen and LTE radio are the only meaningful differentiators.

I doubt Apple is losing any sleep over ads like this since they sell the top 3 handsets on the market, and I don't think Apple will bother to respond with similar attack ads, despite Samsung and especially Android are such easy targets (copycat tech, unstable, fragmented, full of malware etc). For the past 4 years, Apple's doing être,EKG well with their ads that highlight their products' positives in clear, organized, and persistent campaigns, so I expect that to continue for some time.

Am I impressed with the Samsung Galaxy S II? Personally, no. I have a good friend who has one and played with it quite a bit to conclude that it's just "me too" technology. But I like that companies like Samsung are really turning up the heat. It's great for competition and for consumers, even if Google and Samsung resorted to outright IP theft to get there (and may ultimately fall apart because of it).

As for Apple, being the world's most innovative and successful tech company means they will be attacked well and attacked often. It's part of being the top dog, and from the looks of how the competition is reacting, Apple will stay on top for quite some time.

As for Samsung, I really do hope they try to innovate more and copy less. Sadly I just don't think it's I their corporate DNA.
post #183 of 272
Quote:

They woulda done better with the attena gate issue. I updated somone's 4S in my house and now they are mad at me because the battery life went down. But mine got better......

So it's not universal. And at least it was acknolege.

SAMSUNG YOU STILL DIDN'T FIX THE GPS ON MY VIBRANT. I REMEMBER THAT.

The solution is on Android Market (free) from long time ago... a simple file to download.
post #184 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkalu View Post

Get more creative Sammy if all you have are wide screen and 4G network.

It's gotten your attention enough to comment on it and is spreading viral through out mainstream media.

This ad is going to spread like wild flower among Apple fans too, making its goal to be achieved even quicker.

It's even hitting the big screen.

Quote:
"A 60-second television spot will also air during the Thanksgiving-day NFL games on FOX and CBS, with kick-off times at 12:30pm ET and 4:15pm ET, respectively. The ad will also run on Saturday during televised college football. 15- and 30-second versions of the ad will run on the major broadcast and cable networks from now until Christmas Day.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

post #185 of 272
I think the ad failed because it tried to make too many points.

1. Standing in line
2. Battery issues
3. Big Screen
4. Barista joke
5. 4G

Along with the other points that members have commented such as insulting your potential customers, etc.

The difference between the I'm a Mac ads and this ad is that there was more contrast. Young hip dude with a life vs. older fuddy-duddy corporate pie chart presenter. In the Samsung ad you have one set of fashionable modern young people vs. other fashionable modern young people.

Clearly the reason no one stands in line for Android releases is because there is a new phone released every couple weeks. Android users just go get the latest phone anytime they need a new one. They seldom wait in anticipation for the next release.

I wonder how many Android users actually keep their phone through the entire 2 year contract compared to iPhone users. I think iPhone users upgrade early for fun where the Android users upgrade early because of something negative about their current phone.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #186 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

It's gotten your attention enough to comment on it and is spreading viral through out mainstream media.

This ad is going to spread like wild flower among Apple fans too, making its goal to be achieved even quicker.

It's even hitting the big screen.

Big screen=Movie theaters, TV=Small Screen. Sorry bro
post #187 of 272
Quote:

Apple really let us all down with the 4S, they deserve to be taken to task for its failings so they put more effort in next year which can only be a good thing!!

The critique of fans is harsh, Apple make fans that way through manipulative marketing, it isn't their fault, but after a disaster like the 4S, anyone who upgrades from a 4 to a 4S does need at least a little therapy.

There sure are a lot of people who don't get it.
Here is the pattern:
3G upgraded to 3GS (they looked the same)
4 upgraded to 4S (they looked the same)

If you owned a 3G then the 4 was an awesome upgrade, a leap!
If you owed a 3GS then the 4S is an awesome upgrade, a leap!

Because of 2 year contract agreements, Apple doesn't jump out with new form factors every year, they do so every other year. The pattern is clear and as a 3GS owner, I am very excited about getting the 4S form factor soon!

If you are not excited about the 4S, you are either a 4 owner who is still a year away from being able to upgrade without a penalty, or you are a droid troll trying to cause trouble about something you just don't get.

(The barista joke was a good one, major LOL. However to be fair, even barista's can be creative. And if you buy into the out of work actor stereotype, a large percentage of barista's could very well be creative types. Samsung is just insulting potential customers, not good business in my opinion.)
post #188 of 272
If you really study the commercial it is right.
There is a whole queue of people waiting for an iPhone and 2 people with a Galaxy (whatever the release model is this month).

Yes it has a bigger screen.... to display the terrible software on.

The main difference is, Samsung release a new monthly phone and then you are left with it.
Apple probably released an update during the time it took them to queue for the iPhone

9 hours in a queue is nothing if you have a previous iPhone. I could lose half of that just playing Space Miner. Is there 9 hours of entertainment downloadable for the Galaxy? They couldn't queue for that long, they'd download a virus infected app and go back to their (Mum's) house to recover it.

"blogs say the battery looks sketchy"
and Apple will sort the minority problems with an update. Updates for Android that aren't a totally new revision and work on the phone that had a previous version....anyone? Didn't think so.

"if it looks the same how will people know I have upgraded".
Seriously! People buy Apple products for the unrivalled functionality and connectivity between the other Apple products. They don't buy them to impress other people.

"why don't you get a 4G phone"
because it's just a marketing ploy, it doesn't really mean anything.
Also outright speed doesn't make it usable or even nice to use.

The reason the iPhone 4S wasn't that much of an update is because it didn't need that much of an update. If they didn't release the 4S then the iPhone 4 would still be the best phone available.
post #189 of 272
Quote:

You use the word "failure" to describe the fastest selling iPhone yet. Exactly what does "success" look like?
post #190 of 272
The worst thing you can do with advertising is insult the people you want to become your consumer. Making people happy who never were going to buy an Apple product anyway is about the biggest waste of advertising dollars possible. By advertising standards, it's a terrible ad.

According to the standards of those who dislike Apple, it's terrific.
post #191 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixnaHalfFeet View Post

Samsung is just insulting potential customers, not good business in my opinion.)

There's probably a very small percentage of actual Apple fans who would consider any other platform unless it's unavoidable. Samsung wasn't targeting any Apple owners as potential customers.

That some fanatics would be insulted by Samsung's commercial is no surprise, but overall I think even most fanboys would find it amusing. Who doesn't personally know an Apple owner who thinks they're "too creative" for anything but Apple?
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #192 of 272
Quote:

There's probably a very small percentage of actual Apple fans who would consider any other platform unless it's unavoidable. Samsung wasn't targeting any Apple owners as potential customers.

That some fanatics would be insulted by Samsung's commercial is no surprise, but overall I think even most fanboys would find it amusing. Who doesn't personally know an Apple owner who thinks they're "too creative" for anything but Apple?

I can just see the rebellion of the legions of Baristas. I'm selling buttons "I'm a Barista and I have an iPhone!" Maybe they shouldn't have insulted an occupation that has direct personal daily contact with a huge portion of the population.

In other news Starbucks offers grief counseling for employees.

post #193 of 272
Quote:

Au contraire ami. He just said Apple. He never refered to spefific sectors and whatnots.

Samsung translation: We wish this were us.
post #194 of 272
Quote:

Yeah. okay.
post #195 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What's your definition thereof?

How? All context remains as links to the quoted posts. Thinking that context is somehow added by having a bunch of posts in a row is silly.

I am used to NNTP software using a shell. I used to use TIN. Using good software, the data can be displayed any way you like. By date, as is done here, by thread, etc.

Especially nice would be some way to kill threads that you don't want to see - by poster, by keyword, by the fact that they respond to a particular post or poster.
post #196 of 272
This epitomizes why this ad fails. The focus is on if Apple users are insulted or not. Instead of actually on whether the ad convinced anyone of actually buying or using the Galaxy S II.

Quote:

post #197 of 272
Quote:

I am used to NNTP software using a shell. I used to use TIN. Using good software, the data can be displayed any way you like. By date, as is done here, by thread, etc.

Especially nice would be some way to kill threads that you don't want to see - by poster, by keyword, by the fact that they respond to a particular post or poster.

You do realize that the AI forum is vBulletin right?

If there is another forum package you like better then please make a recommendation and also detail the migration roadmap for preserving all of the users accounts, posts and threads for historical reference.

Or perhaps are you suggesting that AI spend thousands to create a custom forum with built in features specifically designed to facilitate trolling.

post #198 of 272
Well it is obvious that Samsung started this just prior to the holiday shopping frenzy, iPhone has overall consideration rate within consumers and is gaining market share within the business enterprise. In our company alone they replaced every single highly expensive business telephone with a iPhone docked into a ifusion smart station running Cisco mobile app. I now have one devise for all my personal and business communications needs. They told us all the power saving alone in one year from the old desk phone paid for the entire project. Nobody at this point can come close to this however please try for us consumers really enjoy all the new and innovated products developed from the spirit of competition.
post #199 of 272
The 4S is far from a disappointment. If you spent June-October harking over iPhone redesign rumors, prayed/put your money on it then you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life.
post #200 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkswamp View Post

Actually, it wasn't very successful at taking shots at Apple. It was taking shots at Apple users by relying on some idiotic stereotypes. I'm no marketing guru or anything but I'm pretty sure insulting your potential customers is a dumb move.

Yes, but it was meant to win over fandroids. Taking shots at Apple users and stereotyping them is how you appeal to fandroids.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung Galaxy S II ad mocks iPhone line-waiters