or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › USPTO exhibit shows Jobs' cultural influence through patents, trademarks

USPTO exhibit shows Jobs' cultural influence through patents, trademarks

post #1 of 12
The USPTO has built an exhibit highlighting the many patents and trademarks of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, showcasing the tremendous influence the tech guru had on the industry and the world.

The United States Patent and Trademark Office opened last week a free public exhibit at its Alexandria, Virginia campus titled, The Patents and Trademarks of Steve Jobs: Art and Technology that Changed the World, focusing not only on the late Apple CEO, but the importance of intellectual property in general.

This exhibit commemorates the far-reaching impact of Steve Jobs entrepreneurship and innovation on our daily lives, said Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO David Kappos. His patents and trademarks provide a striking example of the importance intellectual property plays in the global marketplace.

The exhibit was created and designed by Invent Now, Inc., a non-profit which runs the USPTO's National Inventors Hall of Fame and Museum, and features 30 large iPhone-shaped interacive displays with detailed information regarding Jobs' over 300 patents.

The Patents and Trademarks of Steve Jobs: Art and Technology that Changed the World | Source: Invent Now, Inc.

The Jobs exhibit, which is free and open to the public, runs through January 15, 2012 and is located in the atrium of the Madison Building on the Alexandria campus. The museum is located at 600 Dulany Street in Alexandria and is open Monday through Friday rom 9AM to 5PM and Saturday from noon to 5PM.
post #2 of 12
Wow. Seriously. Just "wow"!
I must go.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #3 of 12
You could patent a fly going up a wall with these guys.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Whoopsie?
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

ummm...wouldn't the fly be going up a touchscreen?
post #6 of 12
Maybe Samsung can film their next ad there.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #7 of 12
I'm going to patent USPTO's patents' patents.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I must go.

They should make this a travelling exhibition around the world and charge for viewings. People would pay.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

ummm...wouldn't the fly be going up a touchscreen?

Because it's not part of his patent.
post #10 of 12
USPTO is not giving favoritism to Apple to host a publicity stunt on its ground.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I must go.

The NYT has an interactive website with them but the giant displays would add something to the presentation:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-patents.html
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

USPTO is not giving favoritism to Apple to host a publicity stunt on its ground.

Heh. Nice.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › USPTO exhibit shows Jobs' cultural influence through patents, trademarks