or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 1,000 workers strike at Apple keyboard supplier over long hours
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1,000 workers strike at Apple keyboard supplier over long hours - Page 3

post #81 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

I wouldn't be is such a hurry to criticize any country about safety issues. There a literally thousand of product recalls daily and they are right around your corner. http://www.foodsafety.gov/index.html

Maybe your car is on the list as well. http://www.recalls.gov/

And we worry about our neighbors half way around the world. Again, our backyards are just as filthy. http://usliberals.about.com/od/immig...lImmi.htm?rd=1

None of that is anything like what China has done. For example, some toys were found that were up to 90% cadmium - when the legal limit is in the parts per million range.

Or baby formula that was INTENTIONALLY 'supplemented' with poisonous materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyRobber View Post

You are so full of it on your view on unions it's hysterical. Not to mention your full of yourself. The main reason for low union membership in the UFSA is the laws enacted by the Reagan extreme right-wing regime culminating with human rights abuses such as " right to work " states or as I say " Arbeit Macht Frei" states, they are basically one and the same in hypocrisy and human rights abuse and criminal intent.

How in the world is a 'right to work' law an 'extreme right-wing human rights abuse'? Do you know what Right to Work is about? It says simply that the worker gets to choose whether to join a union or not - rather than being forced to join a union in order to get a job. Seems like giving the worker a choice is MORE fair than forcing them to join a union they don't want to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyRobber View Post

The Chinese as the Russians are woefully flirting with repeating history by installing a Tzar in the latter and Mandarins in the first both will inevitably be dealt with in the same way as in the past.
As for the self serving oligarchy here in our so called western democracies well echoes of Robespierre will most likely be the answer for our financial criminals. The only way to save ourselves from having to relive this in endless cycles is to espouse true democratic socialism based on a by demand then supply world economic model that is both fair and sustainable to the whole of humanity. People like you can be re-educated rehabilitated or interned to protect us from your form of sociopathic psychosis.
Beginnings of this is already all around us if your are willing to see the oncoming freight train. Worker revolts in China, Arab spring uprisings, Occupy the world, Anonymous , etc., etc.
Ah what the hell just ignore the the horn, you'll be just fine.

Hint: when you start thinking the world is coming to an end because of your weird interpretation of what's going on, you're probably well past realty and into paranoia.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #82 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyRobber View Post


Hey I enjoy revolutionary talk ask much as the next guy, but you sure buggered it by comparing right to work to the signs above concentration camps. You're grossly mischaracterizing what happened in those hell holes. The term grossly mischaracterizes doesn't even describe it.
post #83 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

None of that is anything like what China has done. For example, some toys were found that were up to 90% cadmium - when the legal limit is in the parts per million range.

Again, we are not immune.

Quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 48 million foodborne illness cases occur in the United States every year. At least 128,000 Americans are hospitalized, and 3,000 die after eating contaminated food.

But greater things are in store for our kids if some had there way. http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_pag..._child_la.html
post #84 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

It's all about company profits...fuck the people.

Why do we have to take a price hike, why can't profits be lowered? why is that hardly an option?

Oh yea...Profits > people...the American way.

Profit is what drives business. You would do the same in Apple's position. If you were running a business, you would look for every possible way to make more money.
post #85 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Apple have plenty of money. Everyone, except the Chinese factory owners, would cheer them if they relocated manufacturing back to the Western world.

Wrong. No one would cheer Apple. The American people are just as responsible for the loss of manufacturing jobs as the corporations who moved those jobs elsewhere because they happily bought the cheap goods. The American people have been just as greedy as the very corporations they vilify.

People won't give a damn if Apple were to move production to the USA. They'll just see it as the "Apple tax." The same phonies who called Apple greedy for having stuff made in China will happily buy the cheaper phone, never mind that it was made with sweatshop labor.

That's right. The same "sweatshop labor" that people like to talk about only when it comes to Apple is the same labor force that makes Android phones as well as the Amazon Kindle, the Xbox and a lot of other products. But, the media doesn't care. Apple brings hits so they'll spin it to make Apple look like the evil one among a sea of white knights.
post #86 of 118
Basically, from reading these responses, it seems like the American response to human rights violations is, "As long as they're a different race and they speak a different language I don't really care."

Classy.
post #87 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

Profit is what drives business. You would do the same in Apple's position. If you were running a business, you would look for every possible way to make more money.

Yes. I know. And that is why no one gives a damn about humanity overall.

Profit, again, means more than humanity. This is on all levels BTW.

Even low level workers are cruel if there is a chance they can make more.
post #88 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

Wrong. No one would cheer Apple. The American people are just as responsible for the loss of manufacturing jobs as the corporations who moved those jobs elsewhere because they happily bought the cheap goods. The American people have been just as greedy as the very corporations they vilify.

People won't give a damn if Apple were to move production to the USA. They'll just see it as the "Apple tax." The same phonies who called Apple greedy for having stuff made in China will happily buy the cheaper phone, never mind that it was made with sweatshop labor.

That's right. The same "sweatshop labor" that people like to talk about only when it comes to Apple is the same labor force that makes Android phones as well as the Amazon Kindle, the Xbox and a lot of other products. But, the media doesn't care. Apple brings hits so they'll spin it to make Apple look like the evil one among a sea of white knights.

In all fairness I haven't heard about this on my Android blogs or other tech sites.
post #89 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

What these guys don't understand is that they are better off working for Apple's supplier than they are doing other jobs, or more likely, being unemployed. They should be grateful that Apple hires them.

The puffs over here really don't seem to get that a bad job over there, is better than NO job over there.. Who are we to try to tell other people how to live.. Working at this factory is probably a really good job to have...

"3,000-worker plant provides Apple and IBM with components, including keyboards."

In a statement regarding the issue, the rights group called on Apple to "take responsibility, as there are more than 300 workers working on the Apple keyboard assembly line."


So 300 hundred work on Apple products, out of 3000, and Apple is responsible for the working conditions???

EVERYTHING is run by the Chinese government, if the conditions are bad, blame the Chinese government, not Apple..
Dr
Pepper
Crew
Reply
Dr
Pepper
Crew
Reply
post #90 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

Profit is what drives business. You would do the same in Apple's position. If you were running a business, you would look for every possible way to make more money.

Your argument is that human rights violations are ok as long as you're running a company?

That argument is ridiculous. Those of us that object to human rights violations would continue to, those that believe "what happens in china is china's problem" would continue to think that way. The fact that Americans are unethical hypocrites is no secret to the civilized world. Still, there are some among us that believe in social responsibility, knowing however that most do not.
post #91 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

Basically, from reading these responses, it seems like the American response to human rights violations is, "As long as they're a different race and they speak a different language I don't really care."

Classy.

Thats too broad of a brush. Some posts though are indeed disheartening.
post #92 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Yes. I know. And that is why no one gives a damn about humanity overall.

Profit, again, means more than humanity. This is on all levels BTW.

Even low level workers are cruel if there is a chance they can make more.

Way to cheer me up. Do you do children's parties?
post #93 of 118
Lots of rhetoric here. The fact (based on my experience of running and working with numerous factories in China) is that there is a shortage of workers on the Eastern side of China. Hiring has become more and more difficult as less people want to work for low salaries and the country becomes more prosperous. It's going to be a major challenge because it is not easy to move production. The raw materials are made in China, the logistics in China are market leading in Asia and overall the quality when managed well is high. The days of exporting our inflation to China are over.
post #94 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Way to cheer me up. Do you do children's parties?

lol.


Also I keep getting infractions for being mean...

I sense a bias.
post #95 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

In all fairness I haven't heard about this on my Android blogs or other tech sites.

My point exactly. But we all know the reason. No one cares who makes Android phones. Keep in mind that the iPhone provides at least SOME jobs to Americans. It's designed by engineers in California. It's sold in Apple Stores in the US. The best-selling Android phones don't provide anywhere near that. The HTC EVO 4G is designed by a Taiwanese company. It's designed and manufactured in Taiwan. The Samsung SGII is designed by Samsung in Korea.
post #96 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

Your argument is that human rights violations are ok as long as you're running a company?

That argument is ridiculous. Those of us that object to human rights violations would continue to, those that believe "what happens in china is china's problem" would continue to think that way. The fact that Americans are unethical hypocrites is no secret to the civilized world. Still, there are some among us that believe in social responsibility, knowing however that most do not.

You want to believe in social responsibility, be consistent about it. Why is it that every story about Chinese factories is spun to make it look as though Apple owns those factories? Everyone conveniently ignores the fact that everybody else uses those same factories to have their stuff made.
post #97 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

My point exactly. But we all know the reason. No one cares who makes Android phones. Keep in mind that the iPhone provides at least SOME jobs to Americans. It's designed by engineers in California. It's sold in Apple Stores in the US. The best-selling Android phones don't provide anywhere near that. The HTC EVO 4G is designed by a Taiwanese company. It's designed and manufactured in Taiwan. The Samsung SGII is designed by Samsung in Korea.

No I mean this Apple news. I've never read about it on any other site except this one.
post #98 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

You want to believe in social responsibility, be consistent about it. Why is it that every story about Chinese factories is spun to make it look as though Apple owns those factories? Everyone conveniently ignores the fact that everybody else uses those same factories to have their stuff made.

He's not speaking about Apple. Somewhere along the way the topic switched from Apple to businesses in general
post #99 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

My point exactly. But we all know the reason. No one cares who makes Android phones. Keep in mind that the iPhone provides at least SOME jobs to Americans. It's designed by engineers in California. It's sold in Apple Stores in the US. The best-selling Android phones don't provide anywhere near that. The HTC EVO 4G is designed by a Taiwanese company. It's designed and manufactured in Taiwan. The Samsung SGII is designed by Samsung in Korea.

Your post is misleading:

1. Android was designed in the U.S. (Or, at least, the software engineers who copied iOS are located in the U.S.).

2. While there is not equivalent to the Apple Store, Android phones are sold at a zillion locations from Verizon and AT&T stores to Walmart and Best Buy.

The only real difference is that the iPhone hardware was designed in the U.S. while much (not all) Android hardware was designed outside the U.S. Other than that, there's no real difference in terms of jobs.

Of course, Android probably creates more tech support jobs, as well.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #100 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Your post is misleading:

1. Android was designed in the U.S. (Or, at least, the software engineers who copied iOS are located in the U.S.).

2. While there is not equivalent to the Apple Store, Android phones are sold at a zillion locations from Verizon and AT&T stores to Walmart and Best Buy.

The only real difference is that the iPhone hardware was designed in the U.S. while much (not all) Android hardware was designed outside the U.S. Other than that, there's no real difference in terms of jobs.

Of course, Android probably creates more tech support jobs, as well.

Mind telling me what Android copied from iOS?
post #101 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

You want to believe in social responsibility, be consistent about it. Why is it that every story about Chinese factories is spun to make it look as though Apple owns those factories? Everyone conveniently ignores the fact that everybody else uses those same factories to have their stuff made.

Social responsibility and journalistic spin aren't the same thing. but I do hear you, Apple keyboards are made there by 10% of their workforce so laying this primarily on apple isn't fair. But they are the big dog now. Whether they are the center of any particular issue or barely involved it will be called an apple problem. Cause that's who everyone knows. Like I said it's not fair but I bet we see more of it not less.

Uncle Bens advice to Peter Parker probably also applies here.
post #102 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

You want to believe in social responsibility, be consistent about it. Why is it that every story about Chinese factories is spun to make it look as though Apple owns those factories? Everyone conveniently ignores the fact that everybody else uses those same factories to have their stuff made.

I am being consistent about it. I am absolutely fine with drawing IBM, HP, Dell, and any other hardware designer into the conversation. Your argument seems to be, "Hey, the other guys are off the hook, so why not let Apple slide, too?" -- How progressive of you!

Anyway, I know that hyperbole is easier when you've got a username to hide behind, but if you were rocking your christian name I think you'd be applying a bit more restraint.

The point of this debate, I believe, comes down to this: It isn't fair to single out Apple, but that doesn't imply that we should forget about it, it implies that the situation with Apple is emblematic of a system that exports miseries that most Americans, if confronted with, would find reprehensible, but because they have been placed on the other side of an imaginary national "border," they aren't as "real" as they would be if they were happening to teenagers in the states. Do our morals stop at the oceans; do we believe in anything at all? Is American morality a myth that they teach in grade school? The evidence seems to be stacking up in favor of an affirmative answer to that question.

Anecdotally, I will say I have very little fondness for the south, but if kids there were being treated like slaves, like property of some corporation, I would be glad to waive the "Social Justice" flag in support of them, too. The whole idea of social justice is that it disregards the petty, tribalistic, base differences that separate us in hopes (ridiculous, idealistic hopes, perhaps) that humanity can be more than a bunch of savage beasts.

Brand loyalty shouldn't stop you from saying, "Hey, everybody could do a little better and that's not asking too much." That's ostensibly the point of this social experiment, in fact.

Kind regards,

Dean A. Solecki
post #103 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Social responsibility and journalistic spin aren't the same thing. but I do hear you, Apple keyboards are made there by 10% of their workforce so laying this primarily on apple isn't fair. But they are the big dog now. Whether they are the center of any particular issue or barely involved it will be called an apple problem. Cause that's who everyone knows. Like I said it's not fair but I bet we see more of it not less.

Uncle Bens advice to Peter Parker probably also applies here.

If the numbers about Android are to be believed, then Apple is not top dog. And their responsibility as a public corporation is to act in the best interests of shareholders. That has always been their responsibility.
post #104 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post

I am being consistent about it. I am absolutely fine with drawing IBM, HP, Dell, and any other hardware designer into the conversation. Your argument seems to be, "Hey, the other guys are off the hook, so why not let Apple slide, too?" -- How progressive of you!

Anyway, I know that hyperbole is easier when you've got a username to hide behind, but if you were rocking your christian name I think you'd be applying a bit more restraint.

The point of this debate, I believe, comes down to this: It isn't fair to single out Apple, but that doesn't imply that we should forget about it, it implies that the situation with Apple is emblematic of a system that exports miseries that most Americans, if confronted with, would find reprehensible, but because they have been placed on the other side of an imaginary national "border," they aren't as "real" as they would be if they were happening to teenagers in the states. Do our morals stop at the oceans; do we believe in anything at all? Is American morality a myth that they teach in grade school? The evidence seems to be stacking up in favor of an affirmative answer to that question.

Anecdotally, I will say I have very little fondness for the south, but if kids there were being treated like slaves, like property of some corporation, I would be glad to waive the "Social Justice" flag in support of them, too. The whole idea of social justice is that it disregards the petty, tribalistic, base differences that separate us in hopes (ridiculous, idealistic hopes, perhaps) that humanity can be more than a bunch of savage beasts.

Brand loyalty shouldn't stop you from saying, "Hey, everybody could do a little better and that's not asking too much." That's ostensibly the point of this social experiment, in fact.

Kind regards,

Dean A. Solecki

I'm not saying you specifically are not being consistent. What I'm saying is, "If Apple is on the hood, then everybody else better be on the hook too."

My contention has always been that Apple is not the first to engage in the business practices that people are criticizing, but somehow, it's only Apple that ends up with egg on their faces. That's what I find to be puzzling.

Read the comments on Engadget whenever a new Apple product is reviewed. They say that Apple should have had that product made in the USA rather than have it made with Chinese slave labor. Yet, when there's a new Android phone reviewed on Engadget, there isn't a murmur about the working conditions of the factories in which that Android device was made.
post #105 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

If the numbers about Android are to be believed, then Apple is not top dog. And their responsibility as a public corporation is to act in the best interests of shareholders. That has always been their responsibility.

I'm sure some fandroids would dispute who is top dog. But it's Apple and IPhone and Ipad that get the attention in the news. Apple is nearly the most valuable (by market cap) company in the world. They are top dog and will get the most press. Fair or not.

Part of the responsibility of apple to shareholders is to make sure Tim Cook doesn't have to do a Kathy Lee Gifford on tv.(she cried her eyes out when she found out her clothing line was being made by child labor)

Edit: and Gifford was on the hook cause she is quite visible(like apple) not because her company was the only one.
post #106 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

I'm not saying you specifically are not being consistent. What I'm saying is, "If Apple is on the hood, then everybody else better be on the hook too."

My contention has always been that Apple is not the first to engage in the business practices that people are criticizing, but somehow, it's only Apple that ends up with egg on their faces. That's what I find to be puzzling.

Read the comments on Engadget whenever a new Apple product is reviewed. They say that Apple should have had that product made in the USA rather than have it made with Chinese slave labor. Yet, when there's a new Android phone reviewed on Engadget, there isn't a murmur about the working conditions of the factories in which that Android device was made.

Fair enough. I believe it has been said, though, that the biggest buck is going to be the target (to paraphrase with somewhat ironic terminology) and in terms of public perception Apple is the biggest buck.

I feel, still, that it is irresponsible, socially, to focus on the media's obsession with Apple instead of the very real concern of human rights violations, which we should all at least agree are unfortunate, if we can't agree on anything more damning.

Bringing jobs back to America would take legislation and artificial barriers that a broken government apparatus could not employ without means beyond my knowledge. If an ethical precedent was set, that all manufactured goods imported to the United States must meet the ethical standards that prevail here, you would see all of those jobs flooding back to the states, because the advantage of slave labor would be lost. If the US could strong arm the UK and Germany into the same agreement China's economy would be faced with a massive reconfiguration that would give an advantage back to the West, which would seem to suit the ethnocentrics as much as the humanitarians.

Of course, there are a thousand problems with implementing something this massive, and at every turn conservatism and big business would be standing in the way; ultimately to their own harm and the harm of all of us.

But it's interesting to think of, nonetheless.
post #107 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

lol.


Also I keep getting infractions for being mean...

I sense a bias.

Well that post was pretty dark. Not mean necessarily. But maybe you're turning your observations into absolutes. That can make ones observations less accurate and I can see where that could come across as mean.

Or maybe there is a bias. Tough to tell sometimes.
post #108 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Well that post was pretty dark. Not mean necessarily. But maybe you're turning your observations into absolutes. That can make ones observations less accurate and I can see where that could come across as mean.

Or maybe there is a bias. Tough to tell sometimes.

nah I got an infraction for calling Apple ][ immature...and a nutcase.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?p=1994146
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I was so enraged around the time that the iPad 2 was released and I sent him a polite email complaining about Chinese scalpers who were infesting Apple stores. That was the only email that I ever sent him. I never did get any reply from that mail. I wasn't expecting one either.

Probably because he realized through your writing that you are an immature nutcase.

And you're like 60.


------------------

but yea...I have a bleak impression of the human race...and it keeps getting worse year after year...not sure if it's reality getting worse and I'm just observing it or if year after year I am becoming a more cynical human being.
post #109 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

nah I got an infraction for calling Apple ][ immature...and a nutcase.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?p=1994146



------------------

but yea...I have a bleak impression of the human race...and it keeps getting worse year after year...not sure if it's reality getting worse and I'm just observing it or if year after year I am becoming a more cynical human being.

Well you're not supposed to call people names like nutcase. Even if they are.
Wow, I find it quite hard to believe he's 60. Or even 30.

Edit: sometimes when things seem bleak in the world the best thing to do is help someone else. Read a book to a child, help an elder person in some way. It won't change the world necessarily, but it can change your world. And theirs. And maybe that is helpful to the world at large.
Or maybe go bungie jumping or skydiving.
post #110 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvswarup View Post

If the numbers about Android are to be believed, then Apple is not top dog. And their responsibility as a public corporation is to act in the best interests of shareholders. That has always been their responsibility.

Social responsibility, at a minimum, is an incredible marketing tool. It is not without value to shareholders.

Social responsibility also protects against litigation.

One has to compare the long-term strategic marketing impact and legal savings of a company's policies against short term costs to determine whether the company is acting in the best interest of shareholders.

I'd say Apple are doing a good job, but they can continue to improve in this regard.
post #111 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

...the tech media and "USA only" honks lather up over Apple abusing the workers and how they should be making all their stuff in their USA, etc...

you forgot apples competitors (wankers) who are failing miserably, whose only means of 'competing' is to pay trolls in an attempt to tarnish the apple name, hoping to drive down the share price.

that would happen with other companies, but i think apple is a pretty ethical company with a very strong foundation and a solid product. they'll be around long after these companies are gone and forgotten.
post #112 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Social responsibility, at a minimum, is an incredible marketing tool. It is not without value to shareholders.

Social responsibility also protects against litigation.

One has to compare the long-term strategic marketing impact and legal savings of a company's policies against short term costs to determine whether the company is acting in the best interest of shareholders.

I'd say Apple are doing a good job, but they can continue to improve in this regard.

Yea I don't get why Apple is seemingly at the center of this shit.
post #113 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Well you're not supposed to call people names like nutcase. Even if they are.
Wow, I find it quite hard to believe he's 60. Or even 30.

Edit: sometimes when things seem bleak in the world the best thing to do is help someone else. Read a book to a child, help an elder person in some way. It won't change the world necessarily, but it can change your world. And theirs. And maybe that is helpful to the world at large.
Or maybe go bungie jumping or skydiving.

Yea I know...I just feel that I am growing increasingly nihilistic...of sorts.
post #114 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

What these guys don't understand is that they are better off working for Apple's supplier than they are doing other jobs, or more likely, being unemployed. They should be grateful that Apple hires them.

Yes, I agree....I also agree that life under slavery in the United States wasn't so bad either. The workers were fed, clothed, received free housing and got to work outside. And all those sex workers that cater to sex tourism in places like Thailand should thank their lucky stars also. Instead of having to do hard labor on a farm, they get to work in a nice nightclub and lie on their backs. What a great life!
post #115 of 118
Go GO GO GO GO GO!

Increase labor costs so that Apple can FINALLY see why they need to open a USA MANUFACTURING PLANT.

MORE STRIKES NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

MORE JOBS IN THE USA IS NEEDED!!

AMERICA ... F*** YEAH!

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #116 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Go GO GO GO GO GO!

Increase labor costs so that Apple can FINALLY see why they need to open a USA MANUFACTURING PLANT.

MORE STRIKES NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

MORE JOBS IN THE USA IS NEEDED!!

AMERICA ... F*** YEAH!

Well go ahead and hold your breath. Those jobs aren't coming back. We need to invent new ones.
post #117 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMGS View Post

The puffs over here really don't seem to get that a bad job over there, is better than NO job over there.. Who are we to try to tell other people how to live.. Working at this factory is probably a really good job to have...

"3,000-worker plant provides Apple and IBM with components, including keyboards."

In a statement regarding the issue, the rights group called on Apple to "take responsibility, as there are more than 300 workers working on the Apple keyboard assembly line."


So 300 hundred work on Apple products, out of 3000, and Apple is responsible for the working conditions???

EVERYTHING is run by the Chinese government, if the conditions are bad, blame the Chinese government, not Apple..

Wrong. The problem isn't the presence of government, it's the lack of presence. The conditions in Chinese factories are a direct result of not enough effective regulation.
post #118 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Wrong. The problem isn't the presence of government, it's the lack of presence. The conditions in Chinese factories are a direct result of not enough effective regulation.

Amen brother.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › 1,000 workers strike at Apple keyboard supplier over long hours