or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › continued problem with FaceTime

continued problem with FaceTime

post #1 of 3
Hi Marvin,

You were kind enough to try to help me with the problem approximately a month ago. As you might recall, I have been trying to do FaceTIme with a cousin in Italy. She has the new iPad. We have not been able to connect when she attempts to do FaceTime from her home But it works fine from other locations. She just changed her Internet Provider but it still does not work from her home. She does not have any Fire Wall set up. Could the problem be with her wireless router? What else could be causing the problem? Since it only does not work from her home I am assuming that the problem is with her set-up at home . HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks, Maria
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria255 View Post

Could the problem be with her wireless router? What else could be causing the problem?

Given that it works from other locations, it does seem to narrow it down to her router. She can probably configure her router from her iPad. If she checks the IP address of her iPad, it will be something like 192.168.0.2. Her router address is likely to be 192.168.0.1.

If she types that into Safari, she should see the router configuration page and can then adjust port forwarding options. Knowing her router model would be useful (manufacturer + product code).
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Given that it works from other locations, it does seem to narrow it down to her router. She can probably configure her router from her iPad. If she checks the IP address of her iPad, it will be something like 192.168.0.2. Her router address is likely to be 192.168.0.1.

If she types that into Safari, she should see the router configuration page and can then adjust port forwarding options. Knowing her router model would be useful (manufacturer + product code).

Thank you so much! I will pass on your information.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › continued problem with FaceTime