or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Best Buy airs TV ads promoting itself as the source for Apple products
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Buy airs TV ads promoting itself as the source for Apple products - Page 2

post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTN View Post

Just out of curiosity what does her looks or sexual preference have anything to do with your point ?

Ad hominem.
post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Who sees my time capsule? Who sees my airport extreme? Who sees my Apple TV? Who sees my Mac mini I use as a server for a side company I run (that uses FileMaker as the database that my iPhone and iPad have phenomenal apps made for them)? Who sees my iMac in my office at home? I buy apple products because they are better. Better made and work in conjunction with each other much more effectively. I could buy a really nice windowd PC, an awesome samsung galaxy, and a great android tablet. Hook them all up with a western digital hard drive to backup manually and a linksys router. But I like convenience, I like not having to maintain like I did in the pc world, and I don't mind paying extra for less stress and more time.

Now my MacBook air, iPhones, and iPad- those suck. I bought those just so people could see them.

Well said. Trolls / Apple haters it seems project their hatred /envy and some how twist this into a self delusion that people only buy Apple stuff to show them? Amazing.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Well said. Trolls / Apple haters it seems project their hatred /envy and some how twist this into a self delusion that people only buy Apple stuff to show them? Amazing.

Tell me where someone said that for all Mac users?

Some people buy Giorgi Armani for the quality (I had some glasses from them before) and a lot buy just because it's the brand to show off. That does NOT mean all do. I don't get the logic here...
post #44 of 55
I'm surprised Best Buy would want to be associated with a company known for releasing underwhelming products like the iPhone 4S.

Must be that Apple religion thing again!
post #45 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

I'm surprised Best Buy would want to be associated with a company known for releasing underwhelming products like the iPhone 4S.

Must be that Apple religion thing again!

Best Buy sell Dynex and overpriced Monster cables.
post #46 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

Best Buy sell Dynex and overpriced Monster cables.

Touché
post #47 of 55
The last time I was in a Best Buy I went to the Apple section and the place was disgusting. The iPads were all scratched and smudged with greasy finger streaks. The table looked like it had not been cleaned in a month. I certainly didn't want to touch anything. Everything was out of place, crooked and there was nobody there. No salesperson or customers. It was just a very bad representation of Apple as a company.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #48 of 55
Best Buy is more like Worst Buy.

If I worked for Apple I would insist that Apple personally staff their section of best buy, or pull out altogether. They employ such unimaginable idiots it's embarrassing.
post #49 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_Al View Post

Article posted with camcorder video of TV screen. Best Buy posted the spot on their YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Hfcl1Z_PjfE

Thank you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Best Buy is more like Worst Buy.

If I worked for Apple I would insist that Apple personally staff their section of best buy, or pull out altogether. They employ such unimaginable idiots it's embarrassing.

I concur.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

The last time I was in a Best Buy I went to the Apple section and the place was disgusting. The iPads were all scratched and smudged with greasy finger streaks. The table looked like it had not been cleaned in a month. I certainly didn't want to touch anything. Everything was out of place, crooked and there was nobody there. No salesperson or customers. It was just a very bad representation of Apple as a company.

I agree 100%. I think best buy does Apple a huge disservice with the way they display and maintain the Apple section.
post #51 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTN View Post

Just out of curiosity what does her looks or sexual preference have anything to do with your point ?

Some people are ugly both on the inside and the outside.

I don't make fun of people for their looks, unless they are also ugly on the inside, and my intention is to offend those kind of people.
post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Some people are ugly both on the inside and the outside.

I don't make fun of people for their looks, unless they are also ugly on the inside, and my intention is to offend those kind of people.

But citing sexual preference in a negative way is an Ad Homeniem as their sexual preferences doesn't really stick in a given situation....unless their sexual orientation directly affected something.
post #53 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

Apple pioneered the concept of store within a store

Wait. Bloomingdale's was avalible in 1860. Apple is over 100 years old?! OMG! Wait a sec, that totally means Gamecrazy WASN'T a store within Holywood Video. MIND TOTALY BLOWN.

Gamecrazy happened in 2003...Not sure about Bloomingdale's. I think Apple did it in 1997.
post #54 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

Tell me where someone said that for all Mac users?

Some people buy Giorgi Armani for the quality (I had some glasses from them before) and a lot buy just because it's the brand to show off. That does NOT mean all do. I don't get the logic here...

How do you explain Windows users?
post #55 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post

How do you explain Windows users?

Frustrated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Best Buy airs TV ads promoting itself as the source for Apple products
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Best Buy airs TV ads promoting itself as the source for Apple products