or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple-approved iTether iPhone app bypasses carrier tethering plans

Apple-approved iTether iPhone app bypasses carrier tethering plans - Page 3

post #81 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Totally agree. I am grandfathered into the unlimited plan (for now). But even at 2GB--my new limit---why should they care how I use it? I actually would like to see some legal action here. They are basically charging twice for the same product.

This doesn't make sense
post #82 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntson View Post

Jailbreak. It works quite well for me

Until AT&T finds out and adds the plan to your plan.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #83 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's not free in the U.S. We have to pay double for tethering.

On every carrier?

We have a few that gouge customers here too. Rogers in particular (which is essentially AT&T Canada) charges an awful lot for very little, with extra fees for everything. But we also have several carriers that have 'one price' data plans -- downloads, web browsing, email, texts, tethering, you name it, all included, all unlimited.
post #84 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

On every carrier?

Yeah. Our carriers collude, so plan prices are identical regardless of your provider.

post #85 of 87
Internet works good, unfortunately Cisco Anyconnect fails at the very end of the connection setup with a generic error.
post #86 of 87
People that need mobile internet for their laptop or tablet for professional reasons have already acquired and implemented their solutions. Every one else complaining about this are people the *might* use tethering ever once in a while for personal or non-professional-level reasons and are too cheap to acquire and implement the solutions true professionals use.

Non-issue. Stop crying.

It's like the people that use Photoshop as part of their "workflow" but have not actually, legitimately purchased Photoshop. Real Pros buy their copy.
post #87 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandil View Post

It's like the people that use Photoshop as part of their "workflow" but have not actually, legitimately purchased Photoshop. Real Pros buy their copy.

Not all 'pros' behave professionally. Many businesses will save money where ever they can get away with it, especially in this economy. I know plenty of people who make their living from Photoshop who don't pay for it. I even know of a service bureau that never paid for any of their software.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple-approved iTether iPhone app bypasses carrier tethering plans